Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #1
handicap18
Husband, father of 3, and Disney addict
Keep the game flowin and keep the people participating

Photo Trip report: Day's 1-7 Completed! (finally) 1/10

Ok, I've finally started converting JPEGs and downloading to photobucket. I have a bunch that need some white balance changes and I just starting trying out Nikon Capture NX and haven't quite figured out all the the bells and whistles yet.

Day 1 was the most tragic day, though I didn't know it till Day 5. Like I had mentioned in previous post, my camera fell about 2 feet or so right on the edge of the lens. Initial inspection showed damage to the lens hood (which was on backwards, if it had been on as it was intended, it probably would have been smashed, but would have saved the lens, oh well, live and learn). Camera turned on, lens came off and went back on, took a test shot and it seemed fine. Only other stressful part of the day was the drive into Boston. It was rainy and just after the start of rush hour. Going into Boston from the North really s-u-c-k-s!!!!!! Luckily there were no accidents, but it was moving real slow, slower than normal. Though once we hit the HOV lane it was smooth sailing and that made me feel better.

After checking in at the hotel we wandered around the grounds a bit. We let the kids play in the playground, checked out the gift shop. Went back to the room and gave DS a little present he's wanted for a long time. A BLUE lightsaber! Talk about being excited. We had dinner reservations at Boatwrights at 6:30. I thought that would be an easy one. No sence in going out to a park with the kids after a long day. The food was very good. DW, Dfil, and I each had prime rib, Dbil had jumbalia (sp?) and Dsis had some sort of vegi thingy. Kids has pizza and were happy.

Got the kids to bed. DW and her dad were tired so they stayed behind with the kids while I headed to MK with Dsis and Dbil. That was a great night. Also one of the few nights I brought a tripod with me. We rode PotC, HM, SM, BtMR and Buzz (twice, once with Andy).

I've read it here a few times. You can see pictures of the castle lit up and it looks awesome. However, when you see it in person. WOW! Pictures certainly do not do it justice. It is certainly a sight to see. I'm glad I was able to see it a number of different times.

Here are some pictures from the days events:

DD enjoying her flight:

Meetinp with Dsis (her and Dbil came in from Jersey)

POR lobby tree:

I love these little plastic type looking statues of the characters they have all over the world: These are in the POR gift shop:

Nikon D600 : Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 : Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D : Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR : Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII AF-S: Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM : Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM : SB-900 Speedlight Flash.

Last edited by handicap18; 01-10-2008 at 04:44 PM.
handicap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
handicap18

Here are a few more from Day 1. Didn't want to overload 1 post with a ton of pics:

DS with his new light saber:

DD absolutly LOVED walking back with Uncle and Papa. She kept grabbing their hands and asking for more and laughing hysterically:

My first view of the trip of Main St and the Castle:

This was with the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 on the Buzz ride:

Also with the Sigma 30. Space Mountains gift shop ceiling.

More Sigma 30 shots:

Haunted Mansion:

They do shut down the lights for the Good Night Kiss (I believe that is what it is called, I saw this a few times)

That'll do for tonight. Time for bed. Tomorrow I'll process Day 2 and hopefully day 3 pics.
Nikon D600 : Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 : Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D : Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR : Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII AF-S: Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM : Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM : SB-900 Speedlight Flash.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #3
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Hmmmm.. liking that 30....
Old 12-04-2007, 09:16 PM   #4
campinggal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Hmmmm.. liking that 30....
Yeah...what he/she said!!! Of course I'm sure it is your photography skills that are making it look so good!

Looking forward to more!
campinggal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
boBQuincy
I am not carrying three pods
There's something about the smell of the chemicals that just shouts "Photography!"

Wow, some great photos! Post more.

What it looks like I *really* missed was running into all the Disboard people that were there. We looked for anyone who was obviously carrying way too much camera gear (besides ourselves) but never saw anyone who looked like they just belonged in this group.

Maybe next year...

"Take the big pill, and go back to the SLR you know. Take the small micro 4/3 pill and you will never look at SLRs the same way again." a G3 and now a GX7. Photos at: suzieandbob.com

Our model monorail site: http://monorail.suzieandbob.com/

boBQuincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:56 AM   #6
DVC Jen
DIS Veteran
Wigs out even the biggest circus freaks!
Proudly wears the title of WEIRDEST DISer!

Great shots and report - looking forward to more.

Check Out My Disney Vacation Photos My Disney Family Vacation Galleries

DVC Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #7
jann1033
Right now I'm an inch of natural and a foot of unnatural
The time has come to break out of my mold

really like the one of your daughter and the men, talk about pure joy on her face! nice job

The Poetry of Light website
jann1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
Suburbanmom
Oh, SNAP!
I'm more of a Facebook gal

Great pictures! The ice castle is so beautiful, I can't imagine it being even more breathtaking in person. Keep the photos coming!

Amy in OHIO...loved the D50 .... thrilled with the D300 ..... blown away by the D700

amyhenkel dot zenfolio dot com
Suburbanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #9
allie5
WARNING! DHL men should be cautious of women in dressing gowns!

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 AM   #10
sk8belle
DIS Veteran

The Buzz Lightyear and Haunted Mansion shots were awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of your photos.
sk8belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:47 AM   #11
donaldduck1967
DIS Veteran

Very nice shots.
donaldduck1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Wow! Incredible Buzz shot! Glad your lens remained usable.

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
handicap18

Ok, now on to Day 2. The Magic Kingdom. This day was more so for the kids. Just after we walked into the park oldest DS made his first visit to a character, willingly! In the past he only liked the character meals and avoided ANY character in the parks at all costs. When we got it I saw Pinocchio. Since I hadn't gotten a pic with him yet I stood in the short line. Everyone else made their way up to the Buzz ride. A few minutes later just as I'm about to go have my picture taken, my Dsis comes running up with DS and his autograph book. AH HA! The magic touch. Get book to have character sign and child will approach a character. That worked out nice, except after Pinocchio signed it, DS took off. Didn't want to take a pic. Oh well. After that I found a few other characters then we made our way to Buzz. I took a pics along the way up Main St. After Buzz we headed to Indy Car Speedway then to ToonTown with the kids. My Sis, her hubby and my FIL took the train back to Main St. The kids had a blast in Toontown. Especially over at Donalds boat with the water squirting up. We also toured Mickey & Minnie's Houses. They had some holiday decor on the outside. After wards we were able to catch the Mickey Show on the Castle stage, but then it rained a bit. Apparently it was drizzling JUST hard enough to cut the show short. Afterwards we wandered around Adventureland for a bit, then headed over to the Contemporary for dinner reservations at Chef Mickey's. The kids had a blast. DD could not get enough of the characters and kept asking them to come over. Youngest DS picked up on the festivities and by the end of the night was walking around waving his napkin around with the characters. Not to much after this. We walked back to MK to get the bus home to POR. No other parks that night. Got the kids back somewhat early for bed (maybe 930ish???!?)

OK Photobucket is being a pain and so is my computer (I so can not wait to get new one in a few months!, but thats another story):

Here is what I have so far for Day 2. I'll add more as I get them:

Main St (actually, just off Main St)

Didn't have great lighting, but its still pretty nice:

Some Magic Kingdom Holiday Decor:

Oldest DS with Push The Talking Trash Can:

Youngest DS thinking that his new Buzz Lightyear blaster is a camera. He kept putting it up to his face and saying "CHEEEEESEE":

Last edited by handicap18; 12-05-2007 at 03:41 PM. Reason: added photos
Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM   #14
DisneyFreak06
DIS Veteran

Great shots! I can't wait to see/read more. Your kids are adorable too.
Tina the F.I. Kindergarten Pop Century (06) Pop Century (07) POFQ (09) All Star Music (09) All Star Movies and Grand Floridian(10) DL HoJo Anaheim (12) Port Orleans Riverside (12) DL Carousel Inn (13) Art of Animation and Pop (13)Sports and POR (14)

My Trip Reports:
Someone left their inside b*** on the toilet (WDW, July/Aug 2014) Dorothy and Blanche: a tale of leftover shoes and lost things! My Club 33 Disneyland trip! July 2013A Blast from the Past (2009!)The trip to make up for the cold (WDW, July 2012) I'm never staying home for March Break again (Disneyland, March 2012) You little sneak, a TR with lies and pictures (WDW, July/Aug 2010)
DisneyFreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #15
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Nice photos, Kyle! I got the same shot of the "Mickey" greenery on the light post and the bears under the MK tree. Your Buzz pic is great! I would have done better trying to take pix on that ride instead of trying to shoot. I got one with a bad gun, only scored 14,000 points and that's only from the 100 points you get just from holding down the button all the time. Oh well; MIB at "the other park" is still my favorite of all time.

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Amy is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: