Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2008, 09:27 AM   #1366
WiscBill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
We're booked on this cruise as well. (Me 39, DH 49, DD16 and DD7) Our 8th trip to the World but our first Disney Cruise. DH and I are renewing our vows on deck We have already made arrangements through Disney Weddings....

I see some experience. I'm a DVC member. What nights are formal? With my dinner at Palo on Thursday (renewal is Thursday), will I miss the Pirate party? I'm I being a total newbie dweeb?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome aboard!

Sunday will be formal night (also Golden Mickeys at night and DVC meet in the morning)); Thursday is semi-formal night. That works well for your spouse since jackets are requested for Palo.

In the past, the Pirate party was Tuesday night, but that was when the first port call was St. Martin. With Tortola being so close to St. Thomas, I would not be surprised if they switch it to Wednesday or even Thursday night. On the other hand, we may wind up with the party and fireworks in port, like in Nassau.
On the Eastern cruise we did in January 2006, the weather was so bad on Tuesday night, they moved the pirate party indoors on Tuesday (it was raining very heavily, there was even water pouring into the elevator shafts.) They did the fireworks on Thursday during a special deck party that they put on.
WiscBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:58 PM   #1367
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Good morning everyone. I have off today but couldn't sleep in ... ... was up at 6:30 AM. I'll definitely need a nap some time today.

Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve! We're going to the Chick-fil-a Bowl to see our LSU Tigers play. I've offered to be the designated driver. I'll just wait to have my cocktails when we get home. I just hope there aren't too many crazies out on the road tonight when the game is over.

Ang
Have fun! And be careful out there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
We're booked on this cruise as well. (Me 39, DH 49, DD16 and DD7) Our 8th trip to the World but our first Disney Cruise. DH and I are renewing our vows on deck We have already made arrangements through Disney Weddings....

I see some experience. I'm a DVC member. What nights are formal? With my dinner at Palo on Thursday (renewal is Thursday), will I miss the Pirate party? I'm I being a total newbie dweeb?

Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the cruise!!How exciting to renew your vows on the ship. Dh and I hope to do that as well! (we've got awhile to go to renew vows...we just got married in 07!)

If you'd like to give us some info...I'll add you to our cruise list:

Names/ages
Where you are from
Stateroom #
Dining time
Any celebrations?
How many Disney Cruises have you been on?
Excursion plans/wishes

Also, post a picture (or pm me for my email address), and I'll add it to our Cruise Page!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #1368
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

You guys are GREAT

Names/ages
Jon 49 Husband
Melissa 39 ME!
Taylor 16 Princess
Mackenzie 7 Princess

Where you are from
Home of the Steelers!

Stateroom #

Dining time
Second (We found on our Princess Cruise that the early dining was too close to the excursion closings and 4 people in one shower didn't work well)

Any celebrations?
Renewing Vows after 17 years of marriage

How many Disney Cruises have you been on?
Our First - Been Princess but big Disney Fans (this will be our 8th trip)

Excursion plans/wishes
Sitting on Beach with refreshing fruity drink, watching my kids play. Maybe a bit of snorkeling. We've done Dolphin stuff at Curacao and Cancun and loved the experience so maybe that too!

Also, post a picture (or pm me for my email address), and I'll add it to our Cruise Page!!
Sending!
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 11:06 AM   #1369
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Welcome Melissa and family!!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #1370
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

Smile

Hello everyone.... Happy New Year!! I was catching up on all the posts and wanted to drop a note to say hi. It's 2009 and our cruise will be here before we know it!!! I can't wait.
Now, if the weather can be a little warmer (MA) it's cold! I'm dreaming of Castaway Cay......
talk to you all soon!
Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #1371
goofyfamily41
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow cruisers on May 23rd.

We are the Sudduth family from Colorado. Our family will be on this cruise and we are totally excited about it!

Our family:
Ken 55 - retired school administrator, now Cruise Planners Cruise Agent
Janice 54 - retired kindergarten teacher - now part time publc librarian
Linnea 21 - senior at Grove City College, Grove City ,Pa.
Matthew 13 - 7th Grader on swim team

Room 2104

Early dining

No special celebrations- just good family time

We have been on two Disney Cruises. - an Eastern and a Western. Disney is my favorite and the one I recommend first to my cruise clients. (Also have cruised on Princess, Holland America and Carnival)

No excursion plans identified yet. As always, looking forward to Castaway Cay.

Ken
Old 01-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #1372
pittcrew
Growing older but not up!!

We are the Pitt Crew from Georgia and cannot wait for this cruise. This will be the 4th Disney cruise for my husband and I, and our children's 2nd Disney cruise.

Our family:
Terri 41 - 5th grade teacher

Kenny 42 - software engineer (hunky geek)

Jennifer 15 - high school sophomore (will undoubtably suffer texting withdrawal while onboard)

David - 13 - 8th grader

Cabins -We have 2 cabins on deck 6, a veranda room and an inside cabin. Can't remember the numbers right now.

Dining- late seating

Disney Cruises: Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 07/02, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 06/04, Disney Magic 7 Night Western 12/05, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 05/09, Disney Dream 5 Night Bahamas 06/11, Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western 06/13 , Disney Magic 4 Night Bahamas 03/14
pittcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #1373
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

to all of the new families (JMTStone, goofyfamily41 & pittcrew).

Terri (pittcrew), we're from GA too (Milton).

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #1374
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
to all of the new families (JMTStone, goofyfamily41 & pittcrew).

Terri (pittcrew), we're from GA too (Milton).

Ang
I'll second Ang........

Welcome to all the new families and we too are in Georgia - Sandy Springs.

We are in second seating dinner too - not sure on cabin info.

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #1375
wmjivey
costume designer extraordinaire

Its great to see new people jump in, my boys will be happy to see more teens their age, they'll be 15 and 13 on the cruise. . We've booked one excursion so far (Private snorkel and island tour on St. Thomas). Its not through Disney, but after alot of research we couldn't pass up the savings. What has everyone else been planning? Looking for a good softsided cooler to fit the dimensions any ideas? With our Xmas bonus' the cruise is PAID OFF!!!! . The wife and I are still deciding if my kilts can be worn for formal attire, well she has decided and I'm still trying to convince her other wise Talk to yah later

The Man

DLR - Desert Palm Inn Suites 6/9-12/14, BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; Alaska 9/2013; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
wmjivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #1376
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

WOW....how great!!! New people!!!!!

justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #1377
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Hey, I"m glad to see more people cruising with us!!! I'm going to finally update our cruise list today!! I'm FINALLY feeling better....so I've been playing catch up with everything!

I think we have decided on our excursions.

Tortola - Dolphin Encounter (ds is excited about this!)

St Thomas - Coral world by land and sea. What "sold" us about this was the semi-submarine ride...being able to look down at the water without having to snorkle.

I LOVE the beach, and would be content to sit in a chair and soak up the sun the whole trip , but DS wouldn't be, and DH burns to a crisp after just a few minutes in the sun! So no real beach time for us except at Castaway Cay.

DH paid off the cruise as a surprise to me last week!! We've got our Cruise Bin out in view, that way I can just put things in there as we get them.

Renting Tux on the cruise...do they still do this?? I need to start looking into this for ds and dh.

Also, ds will be excited to see kids his age cruising...he will be 13...just a few weeks shy of 14 on our cruise!!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #1378
WiscBill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post
The wife and I are still deciding if my kilts can be worn for formal attire, well she has decided and I'm still trying to convince her other wise
Well, you could take her to High School Musical 3 and see if it that helps. After all, if kilts are considered formal wear in a Disney movie, they should be formal wear on a Disney Cruise.
WiscBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #1379
jeanneg
I swam with a dolphin!

Ducky Williams usually wears a kilt on formal night, so if it's OK for him I would think it's OK for everyone. I think I have actually seen men in kilts on several occasions on formal night and they always look very nice. In any event, I'm sure a kilt is far more acceptable than showing up in shorts and a tropical shirt on formal night, as I have seen a few times and no one seems to care.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:07 PM   #1380
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Hey, I"m glad to see more people cruising with us!!! I'm going to finally update our cruise list today!! I'm FINALLY feeling better....so I've been playing catch up with everything!

I think we have decided on our excursions.

Tortola - Dolphin Encounter (ds is excited about this!)

St Thomas - Coral world by land and sea. What "sold" us about this was the semi-submarine ride...being able to look down at the water without having to snorkle.

I LOVE the beach, and would be content to sit in a chair and soak up the sun the whole trip , but DS wouldn't be, and DH burns to a crisp after just a few minutes in the sun! So no real beach time for us except at Castaway Cay.

DH paid off the cruise as a surprise to me last week!! We've got our Cruise Bin out in view, that way I can just put things in there as we get them.

Renting Tux on the cruise...do they still do this?? I need to start looking into this for ds and dh.

Also, ds will be excited to see kids his age cruising...he will be 13...just a few weeks shy of 14 on our cruise!!
I think I have decided to do a trip to the bath's in Tortola, looking at doing a private excursion so busy trying to arrange that.

St thomas will probably be a 'sea day' for us - I always say that but then land up getting off the ship - we have been to some of the beaches there and also shopped so unless something catches my interest it will be onboard for us.

DD will be just a few weeks shy of being 15 so i hope there are other girls her age too. DS will be 11 but will hang out with any age - on our month long cruise the other 2 boys were 3yrs (captains son) and 14 yrs and they still email each other 18 months later.

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: