Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #3346
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Thanks Bill! We don't have very many pictures of the two of us. We loved that snorkeling trip. I've got to go through my photos and post some.
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:23 PM   #3347
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

May 23rd - Sailaway

Joanne L and her sister

Melody & John (I still have your FE gift - if you PM your address, I'll send it)

Dis Gathering

Family next to us for sailaway party (not sure they are Dissers - but just in case)

Enjoying sailaway (DS21 and DS19 were last on the 2000 Magic sailing - they were VERY happy to be here)

DS19

Good Wishes from people on shore

DS21, DS19

Last edited by ehagerty; 06-20-2009 at 04:30 PM.
ehagerty is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #3348
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Castawy Cay - 2 hours in paradise

Let me summarize our Castaway Cay day:

10:40 am, on the way TO the beach:

12:40 pm, on the way TO the ship

In those two short hours, DS19 parasailed, the rest of us snorkeled....

DH in the foreground

Already posted elsewhere, but CGI couldn't have done better a better job at creating threatening clouds.....

Fortunately, this was not my first - or last - opportunity to experience CC and get pictures.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:06 PM   #3349
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages

Ellen,

Those are great pictures, can you send me the one of me & Pat please? I would love the two wit the clouds from CC also if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks so much.
JOANNEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 PM   #3350
WiscBill
Mouseketeer

I wish we would have gone back to ship when you did. We stuck it out till around 3:30 before giving up. Maureen missed seeing UP! as a result; Kay and I had done the morning sho. Also, I think lunch would have been better and drier on board.

That night, Mo and I went to the Cove Cafe for a fancy coffee. All of the senior officers were there, as Captain Tom was leaving the ship the next day. We ran into Bret and asked him if the reason he kept reminding us to wear sunscreen was to make the rain slide off our bodies easier.
WiscBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #3351
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Happy to share pictures - just have to work out the "technology"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
Can you send me the one of me & Pat please? I would love the two with the clouds from CC also if you don't mind sharing.
Thanks so much.
Happy to share - just not sure of easiest / quickest way to do so. Some options:
1. I think you can download (save image as) from the disboards (probably limited to posted size)
2. You could PM me with your private email - presumes you have enough room in your mailbox of 2 mega-pixal pictures (I do, with gmail, but not all hosts are so generous)
3. I could copy them into a special folder on my picture host site (zenfolio) and email you the link.

Open to any other ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscBill View Post
I wish we would have gone back to ship when you did. We stuck it out till around 3:30 before giving up. Maureen missed seeing UP! as a result; Kay and I had done the morning sho. Also, I think lunch would have been better and drier on board.

That night, Mo and I went to the Cove Cafe for a fancy coffee. All of the senior officers were there, as Captain Tom was leaving the ship the next day. We ran into Bret and asked him if the reason he kept reminding us to wear sunscreen was to make the rain slide off our bodies easier.
DSs and I saw UP the night before (Prem-ear). DH and I saw it again after lunch. Worked out well.

Fancy coffee - I LOVE fancy coffee. I'll have to remember that for a "last night" event on a future cruise.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #3352
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Entertainment - great memories, mediocre pictures (what? no flash?!?!)

Of course, for the safety of the performers, no flash. This means that I have to push up the ISO (to 1600 - looking forward to newer cameras in a couple of years with even higher ISOs). A the light is low. And the performers, moving. In all, I don't get very many decent shots. But I will share what I have, because we will recall the performances!

Night #1 - stage show (will look up names in Navigators, later)

Heath Hyche - a particularly washed out picture, which I am posting anyway, because his dad sat next to us and did not get a picture.

I REALLY enjoyed this entertainer. He had a broad range of "styles" (props, imitations, homage to Red Skelton (explicit) and Jackie Gleason (my thoughts), extremely creative (not aging variations on a theme). Yea, the audience didn't click with every single one of his skits, but the sheer unique-ness of his humor has really stuck with me.

More to come. DS needs to use computer for awhile. Laptop too slow, with WiFi and mega-pixal pictures. Tomorrow, then.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:56 AM   #3353
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Palo Brunch - May 24, 2009 - Part #1

I did not take quite as many pictures this time as I did in 2008 - no need to repeat what I already have, unless it is different, or the people are different, etc.

To see the pictures from 2008, click on these links:

Click on this link for 2008 - Part 1

Click on this link for 2008 - Part 2

Getting started - a toast to vacation

The food is arranged in 5-6 "stations", grouped by theme - seafood, dessert, pastries, cheese, etc.

Flowers, in the middle of the station area:

This station was centered around an ice-carved basket containing fresh flowers. Below the flowers, slightly washed out by the camera's flash, is a unique "pegboard" - metal, curved, with slots for spoon handles. Each spoon contains the same tantalizing tidbit. In 2008, it was a very thin slice of ahi tuna with lemon and caper. I forget what it was this time, but I might have a closeup further down the thread.

Appetizers

Melon and Prosciutto

Tomato and fresh mozzarella

Marinated Scallops

Shrimp

Stone Crab Claws

Ham and Asparagus

Grilled Vegetables

DH's appetizer plate, with shrimp arranged for me!

Various cheeses from the cheese station:

Brie

The cheese with no name - rather, the cheese I forgot to photograph its name

Pretty sure this was a Stilton

Breads

Pastries

Entrees

You can preview, near the kitchen. Here are representative plates, so that you can observe them before you order. On this side of the kitchen, the traditional breakfast options - eggs, pancakes

Close-up of the pancake, which appealed to me because of the description of the filling (something to do with whipped cream and orange). DS21 ordered it, I tasted it - and decided to get it next time. Others on the disboards have not been as enthusiastic about the pancakes (I think the word "gritty" was used), but I really enjoyed the one bite I had

To the right of the kitchen is the day's offering for fish, veal, etc.:

Old 06-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #3354
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Palo Brunch - May 24, 2009 - Part #2

Dessert

Chocholate pots

I-forget-the-name, in Palo china (looks like a creme brulee, but doesn't make sense because they wouldn't be able to caramalize the sugar)

Tira Misu

Looks like mini-triffle

Petit fours

....with a close up of what looks like a caramalized sugar decoration

Items we ordered

Someone ordered a variation on Eggs Benedict - looks like spinach and asiago

Strawberry flatbread

Grape and blue cheese flatbread

Fish

The Dis-famous Stollen (toasted) with whipped cream and berries

People we met

Bruce, Chef (Gordon?) and PJ (Maitre d')

Old 07-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #3355
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Palo Dinner - May 26 - Appetizers

I did not do justice, pictorially, to this meal. I still think that Palo is "somewhere between the California Grill and Victoria & Alberts. I have no menu notes. Next time, I'll ask for a menu copy!

Just a word - we like small portions and a lot of variety - after a couple of dishes, we started asking for half portions so we could try more dishes. They were very accommodating, but it was a challenge for poor chef in the middle of the dinner rush. We didn't realize it until our waiter appeared a little flustered - then we changed gears. My point - besides the great food and customer service - is that some of the portions you see here may not be representative of a normal portion. That's all

Waiting for DS21

Walking by the open kitchen - I think his name was Chef Gordon ...

... but I didn't capture the name tag

The view from our table

The menu and table flower

Frederick - our wine steward from the 2008 DVC cruise - was on duty again here. The bottle = "Purple Angel" ...

... poured from this lovely decanter ...

... and a toast to DS21's birthday (again) and our good fortune to be here ...

Bread Dips ... Mayo-something, olive tapenade, roasted red pepper....

Antipasto

Ahi Tuna
(thin slices)

Portobella Mushroom something (Risotto? Mousse?)

Calamari

Gnocchi

Ravioli so good, we ordered another

Linguini with seafood something (tasted better than it photographed)

Something rigatoni

Mushroom risotto

Ravioli?

Click here to continue on to Palo - Entree & Dessert

Old 07-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #3356
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

Palo Dinner - May 26 - Entrees & Desserts

Click here if you want to view Part 1 - Appetizers

Fish

.. and a different fish, with polenta

Palette cleanser - lemon ice

Lamb

Filet

Veal

Chocolate Souffle

Pane Cotta

Tira Misu

Limoncella chasers

Old 07-01-2009, 09:07 PM   #3357
jlawall
Captain Lucky, the Great Provider
I'm always up a for a show in NYC
You know, this group will live forever
we are a lively, blimey, crazy bunch

Wow, you're report couldn't come at a better time.......we're sailling in two weeks!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #3358
ehagerty
DIS Veteran

DCL Door and sample FE

This was my first time participating in either activity. One of the fun parts of delivering FE gifts is the opportunity to see how everyone decorates their door. I realize, at the end of my distribution run, that I might want a picture of my own door, however plain it might be. It would appear from the ones I saw that some others have been evolving their "door decoration collection" over time - kind of like Christmas Tree ornaments (dates of prior cruises, etc)

Anyway, here is my plain door, with cruise line logo magnets (thanks to fellow disser) for each of us, along with a couple of 8.5x11 magnet prints of my pictures (used to test the magnetic paper print in preparation for creating FE gifts):

The FE was bought on ebay - reasonable price ($2) with relatively unreasonable shipping ($8?). Turns out "granny" something on ebay is shipping from Hong Kong. No surprise there, eh?

Old 07-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #3359
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Well, I'm back in Arizona...roasting after being in Nebraska for over a month!
And sooooooo sad to leave that baby behind!

BUT.....how AWESOME to come back and see all these great pictures!!!
WOW......I don't feel half bad now, reliving a great cruise!!!!
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #3360
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOANNEL View Post
What excusions did every one do on St Thomas and would you do it again? I am going in October and want something water/ snorkle/ beach related and was it worth it?

We've been to St Thomas 3 or 4 times. Once we hired a private sailboat and did an excursion much like our Tortola one. But our favorite is to sail with Captain Nautica. They have faster boats that take you to snorkel over by St John. They get you out there fast, and back fast, so that you have more time to actually snorkel and enjoy, and also more time in St Thomas to shop or do the Sky Ride.

This is part of what we saw near St John:

justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: