Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #3226
pittcrew
Growing older but not up!!

Back to Reality

We eased our way back into reality by stopping at WDW for 2 days. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and visited the parks for Star Wars weekend. Got home yesterday. It was a rude awakening last night when we went to bed and the bed wasn't turned down, there wasn't a towel animal, and no chocolated on my pillow!!!

Our children are very excited that we rebooked onboard. Our daughter will graduate in 2 years, so we are going to do a cruise to celebrate her high school graduation. She is going to see if some of her friends want to join us. We had to book a dummy date, so I can't wait until the 2011 dates come out so I can see how much it will really cost me.

We didn't see much of our daughter on this trip. She spent a lot time in the Stack with her new found friends. Since we got off she has been on her phone texting and chatting with them, as well as connecting on facebook with them.

As always we enjoyed our trip and can't wait to cruise with the Mouse in 2011!

Disney Cruises: Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 07/02, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 06/04, Disney Magic 7 Night Western 12/05, Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 05/09, Disney Dream 5 Night Bahamas 06/11, Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western 06/13 , Disney Magic 4 Night Bahamas 03/14
pittcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #3227
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Happy Birthday Sharon!!

justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2009, 10:43 AM   #3228
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

Okie dokie.....heading out...again.....will keep you posted on the baby news. I can't wait to snuzzle him up. Yes, I made that word up.
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #3229
mommybunnyof2
Mouseketeer

I wanna go back!!!

We made it back Saturday around noon. So sad We all took a nap in the afternoon and are now back to normal. We so miss all the great fun on the ship. I think my husband tried to use his KTTW when he went to get a sandwich for lunch at Subway on Sunday.

Sorry we didn't get to meet a lot of you guys. We did meet up with Julia, John (couldn't miss him ) and Cajungirl (caught ya).

We were actually on our way up to Deck 10 after the Sailaway when our 7 year old son got misplaced. Yes, we lost our son within three hours of being on the ship. After a few tears (from me), lots of prayers and getting to know the Disney Cruise Line security staff and their lost children procedures -- all this within 10 minutes. Logan was found safely in the kids club having fun. He did the right thing by telling a mom he was lost. (Thank you and God Bless You Kind Mom, whoever you may be).

We always tell our kids that if they get lost to find a mommy and she will help you. So, he did the right thing and we were quite proud of his good decisions. If you ever wanted to know the DCL lost child procedures they are to take the children directly to the kids club and call the parents stateroom. Ivan, one of the security officers, was telling me that most children will try to get back to their stateroom. I really didn't believe him because we had only been in our room once since we were on the ship and only for a few minutes. But sure enough Logan told us that he was trying to get to number 2 when he told a mom that he needed help. Go figure.

We all had a wonderful time and made lots of great memories.

I completed the DCL questionnaire but forgot to put it in the box on the way out. Does anyone know whether I can mail it in or is it too late?

We so want to go back!!!

Sebrett

mommybunnyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 AM   #3230
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittcrew View Post
We eased our way back into reality by stopping at WDW for 2 days. We stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and visited the parks for Star Wars weekend. Got home yesterday. It was a rude awakening last night when we went to bed and the bed wasn't turned down, there wasn't a towel animal, and no chocolated on my pillow!!!

Our children are very excited that we rebooked onboard. Our daughter will graduate in 2 years, so we are going to do a cruise to celebrate her high school graduation. She is going to see if some of her friends want to join us. We had to book a dummy date, so I can't wait until the 2011 dates come out so I can see how much it will really cost me.

We didn't see much of our daughter on this trip. She spent a lot time in the Stack with her new found friends. Since we got off she has been on her phone texting and chatting with them, as well as connecting on facebook with them.

As always we enjoyed our trip and can't wait to cruise with the Mouse in 2011!
We were right there with you at AKL after the cruise. It's wonderful there!
Amy7979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:22 AM   #3231
churchlady
Mouseketeer

Oh my, what a Magical week!! We skipped breakfast Saturday morning to hurry along with our WDW surprise for the girls. They had stayed up until 4:30 the night before, so fell fast asleep as soon as they were in the car. Just one hour later, we pulled up to EPCOT and woke them up. At first they didn't believe us- then the little one said, "Look at mom's face. She is so happy!" The lines at EPCOT were great. Just 10 minutes to Soaring. We had lunch at the Japanese steakhouse and headed to the Poly to check in. I told the girls to look cute and excited because I was hoping for an upgrade from the standard view- and we got one! We were put on 3rd floor Tahiti with a balcony and a MAGIC KINGDOM view! We watched the fireworks from the room Saturday night and Sunday in person. The MK was opened till 1 am, but we only stayed until 11:30 pm. All and all, the 2 days in the parks were just the icing on the cake after an absolutely terrific week! So glad to meet some of you guys and thank you for all your help with our planning! Couldn't have done it without you! 'Till We Meet Again, Leigh

WDW April 2003
Land/Sea Beach Club, Disney Wonder April 2005
Disney Magic 7 day Western May 2006
1st timeto Disneyland/ DLH October 2006

WDW Contemporary June 2007

Disney Magic 7 day Eastern TORTOLA/POLY May 2009

DCL 3 day Dream/BWI November 2011
DCL 4 day Dream April 2013

DH, me, dd 16, dd18, dd20
churchlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:52 AM   #3232
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchlady View Post
Oh my, what a Magical week!! We skipped breakfast Saturday morning to hurry along with our WDW surprise for the girls. They had stayed up until 4:30 the night before, so fell fast asleep as soon as they were in the car. Just one hour later, we pulled up to EPCOT and woke them up. At first they didn't believe us- then the little one said, "Look at mom's face. She is so happy!" The lines at EPCOT were great. Just 10 minutes to Soaring. We had lunch at the Japanese steakhouse and headed to the Poly to check in. I told the girls to look cute and excited because I was hoping for an upgrade from the standard view- and we got one! We were put on 3rd floor Tahiti with a balcony and a MAGIC KINGDOM view! We watched the fireworks from the room Saturday night and Sunday in person. The MK was opened till 1 am, but we only stayed until 11:30 pm. All and all, the 2 days in the parks were just the icing on the cake after an absolutely terrific week! So glad to meet some of you guys and thank you for all your help with our planning! Couldn't have done it without you! 'Till We Meet Again, Leigh
Sounds like a good time at the parks. I guess my DD was up till those hours with yours cause she never got in till about that time and also slept the whole way home besides when we stopped and the Coach and D&B outlet - then she was in full spending swing

Still wishing I was back onboard

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #3233
msmith07101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdjbw View Post
Sounds like a good time at the parks. I guess my DD was up till those hours with yours cause she never got in till about that time and also slept the whole way home besides when we stopped and the Coach and D&B outlet - then she was in full spending swing

Still wishing I was back onboard
Hi Julia! I think Tyler was out with the other kids as well...it was VERY late when he came back to our room. I think he has a photo of your DD & some other kids...he took a bunch of shots the last night of all the kids he met in the stack & on the cruise.
Wish I was back onboard too
'94 Port Orleans French Qtr/'95 Caribbean Beach Resort/'97 Coronado Springs/'01 All Star Music/'02 Sandals Royal Caribbean Jamaica/'05 CBR/'07 Disneyland & California Adventure- offsite/'08 Beaches Boscobel Jamaica/May 23,09 Disney Magic
December 2009 WDW CBR & Universal RPR
June 2010 Venice & Rome Italy
December 2010 Pop Century...to see my son & his HS marching band perform at WDW & US Macy's Parade!!
November 2012 Pop Century
November 2013- NYC- Macys Parade HS Band Trip

msmith07101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #3234
JOANNEL
DVC MEMBER 6/02
I haven't laughed that hard in ages

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
Happy Birthday Sharon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
Okie dokie.....heading out...again.....will keep you posted on the baby news. I can't wait to snuzzle him up. Yes, I made that word up.
Happy Birthday from me too!!!

have a safe trip and enjoy the baby!!! Hope all goes well.
JOANNEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #3235
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith07101 View Post
Hi Julia! I think Tyler was out with the other kids as well...it was VERY late when he came back to our room. I think he has a photo of your DD & some other kids...he took a bunch of shots the last night of all the kids he met in the stack & on the cruise.
Wish I was back onboard too
Does he post on FB?
I know Tarryn has been chatting on FB with kids from the cruise.
I haven't looked at my pics yet as I couldn't find the USB cable - of course it is not one of the many lying around that don't fit
Tarryn did load them on her laptop and she is home tonight after being at friends for the last 2 so maybe I will have a look and post some on FB.

I don't mind cooking dinner it is the deciding WHAT to make I hate - the dining room is so so so much simplair.

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:22 PM   #3236
JMTStone
Mouseketeer

Sigh...

Home isn't as much fun. Wilson and Gladys (our servers) aren't ready with our drinks when we sit down at the table. No funny animals on the bed. No gifts from Disney Fairytale Weddings. It doesn't smell as sweet here in Pittsburgh (although watching the Pens win last night was fun)......

I got my pictures uploaded to Kodak gallery if anyone is intersted, PM me. I don't have many pictures from the Vow Renewal (only the professional photos) so I'll be looking forward to seeing Bill and Stacey's photos.

It was so cool that Bill, Maureen, and Kay.. and Stacey, Sharon, and Kaylah came to our special event. It went by so fast I didn't get a chance to thank you... We left the whole topper of the cake in our stateroom. The flowers got left behind too. I hope Garry (our Host) enjoyed it. They all made the stateroom smell lovely.

Bill, we left Kay's High School Musical present in the club with her hame on it on the last night hoping it found its way to her....

I still have one FE I wasn't able to deliver. Mel - would you like your little bottle o rum sent to your house?

OK, folks when is our next cruise? I can't wait.
JMTStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #3237
WiscBill
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
I got my pictures uploaded to Kodak gallery if anyone is intersted, PM me. I don't have many pictures from the Vow Renewal (only the professional photos) so I'll be looking forward to seeing Bill and Stacey's photos.

Wait till you see the dance video!
WiscBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #3238
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTStone View Post
Home isn't as much fun. Wilson and Gladys (our servers) aren't ready with our drinks when we sit down at the table. No funny animals on the bed. No gifts from Disney Fairytale Weddings. It doesn't smell as sweet here in Pittsburgh (although watching the Pens win last night was fun)......

It was so cool that Bill, Maureen, and Kay.. and Stacey, Sharon, and Kaylah came to our special event. It went by so fast I didn't get a chance to thank you... We left the whole topper of the cake in our stateroom. The flowers got left behind too. I hope Garry (our Host) enjoyed it. They all made the stateroom smell lovely.

Bill, we left Kay's High School Musical present in the club with her hame on it on the last night hoping it found its way to her....

I still have one FE I wasn't able to deliver. Mel - would you like your little bottle o rum sent to your house?

I'm sorry we didn't make it to your vow renewal. I completely forgot! I would have loved to watch & have a piece of cake.

Don't think I have to cook dinner tonight. Bruce just called & said that we could go eat those nachos that I was dying for last night. The salmon that I pulled out of the freezer will just have to wait to be cooked tomorrow.

So who all book another cruise onboard? We did, but a dummy date for now. We kept saying that we were not going to do it but at the end of the week, Bruce brought it up. That was a shock. I think once he got on board he remember how much fun the cruise is.

Sharon, happy belated birthday! Hope you're getting a little rest.

Sorry Julia, didn't mean to exlude ya. I did keep running in to you on the ship too.

It's been so quiet in our house without our girls home. My sister is trying to convince me to let them stay in FL one more week.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #3239
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Jane (Tripodjw), did you ever get your luggage back? I surely hope you did.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #3240
Amy7979
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunGirl2 View Post
Jane (Tripodjw), did you ever get your luggage back? I surely hope you did.

Ang
Jane was - quite randomly and pleasantly - my tablemate, so I've been in touch with her and have an update - she has three of the four (I think it was four total, I know she's currently only missing one, anyway). The last one still exists and just needs to be delivered to her. Hopefully by the time she's online she'll have news that she has ALL the bags!
Amy7979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: