Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2008, 04:44 PM   #241
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Bumping us up off of p.2.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:59 AM   #242
GoofyGuyEd
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone....I have been told by my DW (GoofyGal1975) that I needed to post something, somewhere on here (I am new to the DIS boards and after an overwelming 2 hours I finally found this thread!) Whoo Hoo!

I hope everyone is excited about this Cruise! I know I am and this being my first ever Cruise (I don't think I can count the boat ride to Alcatraz I took back in 1994).

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Last edited by GoofyGuyEd; 01-13-2008 at 01:06 AM.
GoofyGuyEd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2008, 06:55 AM   #243
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyGuyEd View Post
Hello everyone....I have been told by my DW (GoofyGal1975) that I needed to post something, somewhere on here (I am new to the DIS boards and after an overwelming 2 hours I finally found this thread!) Whoo Hoo!

I hope everyone is excited about this Cruise! I know I am and this being my first ever Cruise (I don't think I can count the boat ride to Alcatraz I took back in 1994).

Welcome Ed! Glad to see you found us You can count the boat ride if you want. I can't wait to hear the comparison between that and the Magic
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #244
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Welcome Ed!!!! Glad you finally found us. You'll love the cruise.

Old 01-13-2008, 01:11 PM   #245
GoofyGuyEd
Earning My Ears

Thank you for the warm welcomes!
Old 01-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #246
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yea! Now you can get excited excited excited about planning our cruise!!!

We are going to see if we can stay 4 or 5 (or maybe 6 ) days at Disney after the cruise. We will hope to rent DVC points from a friend and stay at our favorite Beach Club Villas. (we have rented from her before, and this Christmas will be staying at Animal Kingdom Villas using her points). I know we still have plenty of time to figure that out!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #247
winotracy

We are likely going to stay at DVC before the cruise. We have another cruise that I must go on May 10 (4 night Disney Wonder) and it doesn't make sense to fly home, get out of vacation mode for a week and then fly back. I can also work from Disney so that will be ok!
Old 01-13-2008, 08:09 PM   #248
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
We are likely going to stay at DVC before the cruise. We have another cruise that I must go on May 10 (4 night Disney Wonder) and it doesn't make sense to fly home, get out of vacation mode for a week and then fly back. I can also work from Disney so that will be ok!
Very exciting!! What is the May 10th cruise for? It's great to be at Disney for all that time!! (even if you work some from there).

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can stay at WDW after the cruise. It will all depend on what job DH gets...going into a new job he will have the dates we want and let them know that we already have it planned. The job market here is horrible right now. Our saving are just about gone and not having ins isn't so great! So we hope he can just find ANYTHING at this point! We just plug away on ebay right now. I know things will work out though, they usually do!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 01-13-2008, 08:22 PM   #249
winotracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Very exciting!! What is the May 10th cruise for? It's great to be at Disney for all that time!! (even if you work some from there).

I am keeping my fingers crossed that we can stay at WDW after the cruise. It will all depend on what job DH gets...going into a new job he will have the dates we want and let them know that we already have it planned. The job market here is horrible right now. Our saving are just about gone and not having ins isn't so great! So we hope he can just find ANYTHING at this point! We just plug away on ebay right now. I know things will work out though, they usually do!
The May 10 cruise is the DISPodcast Cruise. Should be a lot of fun!
Old 01-13-2008, 11:15 PM   #250
GoofyGuyEd
Earning My Ears

I am excited about this cruise! I love hearing what others are doing before and after the cruise too! With all these great plans...the waiting for the trip to get here must be hard!
Old 01-14-2008, 06:17 AM   #251
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
I am excited about this cruise! I love hearing what others are doing before and after the cruise too! With all these great plans...the waiting for the trip to get here must be hard!
Hey there, Ed! I'm glad to see you're joining in the fun here! Yes, it's hard to wait for the cruise, but getting to know this group over the coming months will add to the fun and make the wait a little easier!

I'm going to make a prediction, which I believe our fellow cruisers will back me up on: Before the end of the cruise, DCL will have "hooked" another one!!! You are about to learn just how *addicting* these cruises are!!!

RachelTori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #252
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

I agree that Ed will be fully addicted before the end of the cruise, probably even before we set sail.

I don't know what our plans for before or after, if we do anything, will be. I wouldn't mind going down for a few days, but we'll just have to wait and see. Alot will depend on what we're doing job wise. I'll probably still be sitting in my same old chair here at church, but Jason should have another job by then and he should be done with school too.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #253
CajunGirl2
DIS Veteran

Hi all!

Welcome Ed. You'll be surprised at how quickly the time will pass until cruise time. And like Laura said, you'll be hooked!

Hope everyone that did the marathon was satisfied with their results. My 2 cousins walk the full marathon. It took them 7 hours! I can't imagine.

Ang
May 2002 WDW ASMu * Sept/Oct 2004 WDW OKW thanks to Hurricane Jeanne * May 27-June 3, 2006 Disney Magic with the Blabbermouths * June 2007 WDW Pop Century * June 2008 WDW SSR * May 23-30, 2009 Disney Magic to Tortola & St. Thomas * June 2-9, 2012 Disney Fantasy
CajunGirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #254
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

I hope he gets addicted to DCL too!! Ds and I, of course, already are!!

I'm getting excited...we'll be at Disney on Saturday evening and Sunday am. Sunday is dh bday and we are having breakfast at Chef Mickey's!!! It's been so long since we have been able to get in there. Most of our last few trips (even day trips or overnight trips when we were living in fl) were planned last minute and Chef Mickey's was always booked/no ADRs left!!

This trip is to visit with his family...he hasn't seen mom or dad since our wedding in Aug, and his grandparents since we moved in July. But we want to get use out of our last FL Res Seasonal Passes!!!

The thing I"m not looking forward to is flying!
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09

Last edited by goofygal1975; 01-14-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:14 AM   #255
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

bumping off of pg 2!!

Happy Tuesday Morning. Ds is going to a wrestling event tonight. I'm not into the wrestling anymore (used to be back in the 80's/90's) it just isn't the same anymore. But his Uncle (my brother inlaw) is taking him as part of his Christmas present. So now I get to watch it tonight since part of it is going to be live. He and DH worked on posters yesterday.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: