Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 04:50 AM   #1606
winotracy
This is NOT an ask Tracy question!
Moi??? Talking too much?!? How can that be?
Skeet Shooting is not, I repeat not on our Disney Cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal1975 View Post
Help...the last time we cruised we were not able to book anything online. This time we bought the REAS and can book Feb 7th.

Now, I heard we can book at midnight. Does that mean 12:01 am on Feb 7th?
Since I am in Central Time zone does that mean I could actualy go on at 11:01 pm on Feb 6th??? Please explain as I do not do will with numbers...LOL
Yes, it is at 12:01 am eastern time on February 7. Central time zone would be 11:01 pm on February 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itdjbw View Post
What is a SPH room??
It is a category 10 room that has a window in the room. The window is obstructed so it is not sold as on ocean view room. Stands for Secret Porthole.
winotracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #1607
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winotracy View Post
Yes, it is at 12:01 am eastern time on February 7. Central time zone would be 11:01 pm on February 6.

Thank you!!

Yes, Dh read in the booklet we got that if your childs bday is one month away from crusie date they can move up to the next group. I remeber doing that on our fist cruise.

How many other kids here are going for the 14-17 year old group?
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
goofygal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #1608
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you!!

Yes, Dh read in the booklet we got that if your childs bday is one month away from crusie date they can move up to the next group. I remeber doing that on our fist cruise.

How many other kids here are going for the 14-17 year old group?
Tarryn will be in that group, the cruise is a month before she turns 15.

I've been blessed!!!
itdjbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:43 AM   #1609
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Oue 14 year old ds willbe in that group.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:04 PM   #1610
wmjivey
costume designer extraordinaire

After following alot posts about "activities" in the stack, we are glad they separated the 13yos back down. We will have one in each, but if Toby was just close to fourteen we would prefer him to go down not up.

The Man

DLR - Desert Palm Inn Suites 6/9-12/14, BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; Alaska 9/2013; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
wmjivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #1611
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post
After following alot posts about "activities" in the stack, we are glad they separated the 13yos back down. We will have one in each, but if Toby was just close to fourteen we would prefer him to go down not up.

The Man
Hmmm, guess I need to research these 'activities'

I've been blessed!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 11:53 PM   #1612
justmestace

Thinks California needs Disney cruise ships!
Has snorkeled all over the Bahamas and the Caribbean

My daughter never cared for the Stack. She would go the first day or so, meet a few other girls she liked....along with the ones she'd already met through us or the DIS...and they'd go off on their own.

My son, though, loves the things they do in the Stack, like the scavenger hunts, movies, trivia games. etc. He's not the type to hang with the kids who are "troublemakers"....the ones you hear about tossing chairs overboard and such. Thank goodness! In looking at the difference between my two kids, I'd almost say (and I hope everyone will pardon me if it seems rude or whatever) that it seems like the more "nerdy" types like the Stack, but the kids who are...or like to think they are...."cool" ....don't hang out there.
Just my take on it.

In other words, I just called my son a nerd. Ssshhh....don't tell him!!
justmestace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:04 AM   #1613
wmjivey
costume designer extraordinaire

Let me preface this in neither of my sons have ever been in the Stack, nor have I personally know anyone who has seen problems. That being said, when we booked our cruise last year, both our boys were eligable to go to the Stack, so we started looking for forum threads about activities, we started hear about some problems, and when DCL decided to change the age it brought my attention that Disney never does anything without good reason, and since my youngest has not been to the other club, he is will not disappointed in not going to the Teen hangoout. I am also a Scout leader and even in that environment the Tweener's have problems with the older Scouts, mainly they try to hard to fit in and things happen. My older son has many similar characteristics of Stacey's son so he should do fine . I just want my sons to have not only fun which both would do if they were both in the Stack, but to have the most I can give them. So I believe in DCL's decsion and willnot try to get my younger in.

The Man

DLR - Desert Palm Inn Suites 6/9-12/14, BW Stovall's Inn June 8-11, 2010; Alaska 9/2013; 5/23/09-5/30/09 - Tortola on the Magic ;11/11/06-11/18/06 Embassy Suites Grand Beach Vacation Resort; 3/19/06-3/24/06 Disneyland's 50th; 5/28/05-6/4/05: Inaugural DCL trip to Mexican Riviera; 5/28/04-6/11/04: offsite at WDW; numerous trips to DL
wmjivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #1614
justmestace

We hit that next new landmark....for Sharon and I anyway....
One month, one week, one day!! It's just our appetizer to hold us over til the cruise!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #1615
justmestace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmjivey View Post
Let me preface this in neither of my sons have ever been in the Stack, nor have I personally know anyone who has seen problems. That being said, when we booked our cruise last year, both our boys were eligable to go to the Stack, so we started looking for forum threads about activities, we started hear about some problems, and when DCL decided to change the age it brought my attention that Disney never does anything without good reason, and since my youngest has not been to the other club, he is will not disappointed in not going to the Teen hangoout. I am also a Scout leader and even in that environment the Tweener's have problems with the older Scouts, mainly they try to hard to fit in and things happen. My older son has many similar characteristics of Stacey's son so he should do fine . I just want my sons to have not only fun which both would do if they were both in the Stack, but to have the most I can give them. So I believe in DCL's decsion and willnot try to get my younger in.

The Man
Jared (son) went to the Stack with Jordan (daughter) when he wasn't old enough to be there. No one said anything to him at all.
But maybe THAT'S the reason Jordan didn't like going to the Stack...because her underage brother was there!
Actually, she didn't like it even before that, or the times we went again after that. She's just happier in smaller groups.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #1616
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
We hit that next new landmark....for Sharon and I anyway....
One month, one week, one day!! It's just our appetizer to hold us over til the cruise!
Woo Hoo!!! Very exciting!! No trips for us before our cruise....

I'm still not sure what group I'll have ds go to. He will onlly be 2 1/2 weeks away from 14. I wanted to see how many kids from our group would be there, hoping there would be a majority...that way they can hang out together. DS is really excited to be in the Stack (or just a "club" in general) since last time he only went to the kids area once. Just not sure how he'll be around the older kids. I guess we'll see once we get there.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #1617
justmestace

Quote:
Woo Hoo!!! Very exciting!! No trips for us before our cruise....

I'm still not sure what group I'll have ds go to. He will onlly be 2 1/2 weeks away from 14. I wanted to see how many kids from our group would be there, hoping there would be a majority...that way they can hang out together. DS is really excited to be in the Stack (or just a "club" in general) since last time he only went to the kids area once. Just not sure how he'll be around the older kids. I guess we'll see once we get there.

I think the kids kind of naturally divide up by age when they're up there anyway....so I don't think he'll have to worry about actually being with the older kids....know what I mean?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #1618
itdjbw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
Jared (son) went to the Stack with Jordan (daughter) when he wasn't old enough to be there. No one said anything to him at all.
But maybe THAT'S the reason Jordan didn't like going to the Stack...because her underage brother was there!
Actually, she didn't like it even before that, or the times we went again after that. She's just happier in smaller groups.
Tarryn sounds a lot like Jordan - she would rather be in a smaller group and away from the trouble makers and especially if her younger brother is part of the larger group
Last cruise there were around 5 girls, all 11 and 12 who hung out, didn't go the club much. They had a great time.

I've been blessed!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #1619
goofygal1975
DIS Veteran

I know we talked about this before, but are any of the kids interrested in talking to each other before the cruise????

Since we are getting close to the 3 month mark I think it might be a good time to start it if they want to.

Mom is working on making pirate bandanas for us since we heard they no longer provide them. We have Tampa Bay Buc's matieral (we used to have season tix...Go Bucs) that she is going to use!! The FE still is in pieces, but she has it all laid out waiting to be put together.
5/23/09 Magic Tortola

New Member 1/21/09
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #1620
DVC Mary
I must have missed the lobster

Hi!

I'm from the June 20th Tortola cruise, but I wanted to stop by & say Hi and see if I can pick your brains for excursions.

We have 2 very active 8 & 12 yr old boys.

Which excursions would you suggest for us?

Thanks for any responses!

P.S.

I can't wait to read your thread when you return to see how your trip went.
WL'99, OKW '00, BWV/AKL '01, AKL '02, BCV '03, VWL '04 & DCL '04, SSR/AKL CL '05, VWL & DCL '06, BWV '07, Queen Nana's 1st trip 80th B-Day GF CL/BWV '08, BWV/ VWL '08 , BCV DCL AKLV '09, BCV '09, Poly CL / AKV 2010, Alaska DCL 2011, AKV CL, BCV, Canada Magic & Fantasy DCL '12,VWL'13,BWV/AKL CL X-mas'13,Univ/VWL Summer '14, DCL AK ?? '15
DVC Mary is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: