Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2009, 08:52 PM   #721
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

Hey Bev,
Kyle would love to get to know Matt too. I am not sure how to do a PM, can you please tell us. That would be great if they both got to know each other. Does Matt like Pokemon Games? Kyle was just wondering.
kylelover1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:06 AM   #722
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelover1 View Post
Hey Bev,
Kyle would love to get to know Matt too. I am not sure how to do a PM, can you please tell us. That would be great if they both got to know each other. Does Matt like Pokemon Games? Kyle was just wondering.
This is Christi (stsomewhere)

Matt loves pokemon games. Last night , he was excited to watch the new pokemon movie that aired on tv.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #723
trimix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donyale View Post
Hi All! We just booked this cruise. We are a bit bummed considering we downgraded from the two week Spain Repo cruise for April 2010. I'm hoping we will have just as much fun!! Hope you guys can cheer me up!! :-)
I'm 34, DH is 36, DD is 13 and DS will be 16.
Welcome, Donyale! I am sure you will have plenty of fun on our cruise, and you will have the opportunity to enjoy some tropic ports you would miss if you were doing the transatlantic.

I am surprised you were even considering the April repo. My DD is 15 and there is no way she could take that much time off school, considering state and local policies.

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:37 PM   #724
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Hi All! We just booked this cruise. We are a bit bummed considering we downgraded from the two week Spain Repo cruise for April 2010. I'm hoping we will have just as much fun!! Hope you guys can cheer me up!! :-)
Welcome Aboard!!!
Added you to list on my website but looks like its down again just now, NTL/Virgin must be having problems with their homepages, been off and on for past few days.
List is getting quite long now, didn't expect so many Disser's.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:25 AM   #725
Donyale
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
Welcome, Donyale! I am sure you will have plenty of fun on our cruise, and you will have the opportunity to enjoy some tropic ports you would miss if you were doing the transatlantic.

I am surprised you were even considering the April repo. My DD is 15 and there is no way she could take that much time off school, considering state and local policies.
Technically the kids would have missed one week of school. The first week was their spring break. If that was not the case, then I would have not done it. The last cruise we went on, they missed a week of school. The teachers were very accomodating and provided them with their school work.

My children are in a different school system now so I am not sure how this school will respond to them missing school. I guess I will soon find out! LOL

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in August. Thanks for welcoming us!!
Donyale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:53 PM   #726
TheFatMansWife
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi welcome aboard, you will enjoy this cruise much more than the repo cruise.
the sun will be shining , the sea will be very blue and it will be hot hot hot.
DISNEY MAGIC Oct 2007 Western SILVER WEDDING * RCCL Independence Inaugural May 2008 Cork * RCCL Independence Oct 2008 Canary Islnds
DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Tortola *B2B* DISNEY MAGIC Aug 2009 Western * RCCL Independence Oct 2009 Canary Islnds AGAIN !! *
* RCCL Independence "MED" Jul2010 *RCCL Monarch Bahamas Aug2011*DISNEY DREAM Bahamas Aug2011*

TheFatMansWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #727
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatMansWife View Post
the sun will be shining , the sea will be very blue and it will be hot hot hot.
....which canot be guarenteed in Europe...lol
Old 02-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #728
Maza
Mouseketeer

Another call for FE participants....pm if you dont want any details posted...and i will pm the list at the beginning of August.
Kids ages and gender please.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #729
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

I am looking forward to the weather being HOT.
We usually cruise Jan/Feb to escape the cold but, it isn't hot.

We did have 80 degree weather last week. But, the water was cold at Castaway Cay.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #730
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

OUr previous cruise was in Feb as well and yes the water was very cold at Castaway Cay. I am very jelous it is currently 20 degrees outside in Pa. Need sun and sand! Just chatting on this board makes me more and more exicted. We will be flying in on the 20th and doing Sea World the next day until we go to Port Canavral. Anyone else coming in early. I know you are James. Where are you guys staying.
Kids ages DS 12 and DS 4. Come on summer!!!! Have a good weekend everyone. I will be working nights Fri, Sat and Sun please think of me while you are sleeping! lol.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:33 PM   #731
kylelover1
Earning My Ears

PS. Any words about the magnets yet? I still like the first, husband and 4 year old likes the second. 12 year old likes third.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #732
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OUr previous cruise was in Feb as well and yes the water was very cold at Castaway Cay. I am very jelous it is currently 20 degrees outside in Pa. Need sun and sand! Just chatting on this board makes me more and more exicted. We will be flying in on the 20th and doing Sea World the next day until we go to Port Canavral. Anyone else coming in early. I know you are James. Where are you guys staying.
Kids ages DS 12 and DS 4. Come on summer!!!! Have a good weekend everyone. I will be working nights Fri, Sat and Sun please think of me while you are sleeping! lol.
We will be arriving sometime on the 21st. We have not decided where we are going to stay yet.

It is cold here in Mi. It's 26 degrees and we are under a storm advisory. 7+ inches of snow expected
The kids are dissappointed becassue they won't have a snow day since it's a weekend.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #733
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
Another call for FE participants....pm if you dont want any details posted...and i will pm the list at the beginning of August.
Kids ages and gender please.
Hi Maria
Sorry I don't think I formerly said we would participate, too many things going on with vacations and work since Xmas. All 3 of us will participate in anything you organize

Couple of photo albums from past cruises here if anyone wants a look. 2 pages in each album

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...20Spring%2008/

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...sney%20Cruise/

AA have a 4 day sale on so tonight booked a 9 night trip to Florida end of May
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #734
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Have a good weekend everyone. I will be working nights Fri, Sat and Sun please think of me while you are sleeping! lol.
Monday and Tuesday nightsfor me...lol...but now have 17 days off
Old 02-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #735
Maza
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=wayneg;30402475]Hi Maria
Sorry I don't think I formerly said we would participate, too many things going on with vacations and work since Xmas. All 3 of us will participate in anything you organize

QUOTE] cheers Wayne...i have spent the last 2 hours reading the whole thread trying to work out who said they were in...and you had actually signed up
well done on the cheap flights...we are just ploughing our efforts ( and ££s ) into August.
Have now sorted NY hotel on Times Squre ( and i thought London was expensive... )...a night in the Hyatt MCO before the cruise, limo to transfer to same ...week in a villa after and 2 nights in the HRH to finish!
Its all coming together
have done my 'playlist' for our Dis gift CD...we wil be using the first (new) logo on our CDs and other gifty bits....but will probably print them all and bang them on the door. I prefer the new one myself...and i always get my way

Happy Days and whats with this weather...it was 12 degrees here today...almost put the roof down on the car

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: