Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #616
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

FINCANTIERI
Just realized I don't have you on the list of cruisers.
If you want to be on have a look and give me as much or as little info as you want.
www.astersflorist.co.uk bottom link on left.

I just never seem to get time to come on the cruise boards last few months with holidays, work and keeping up with UK trip planning forum.
Only about 5 week and we go again, fly Xmas day.

Planning is well on its way for next August now. Booked flights with Delta flying into Tampa, not our usual route but got Business class for price of economy £465($685)
Also booked Hotel for 16 nights before the cruise, done something I thought I would never do booked OKW with free dining plan, we prefer to stay offsite but with the £ on its backside it was an offer I could not refuse, a studio for £91($135)/ night incl. Less than what it would cost us offsite in a cheap hotel and offsite dining if the bad exchange rate stays as it is.
At least we will get to try some onsite food that I would never pay the price for.
I so wish I had paid all the cruise off instead of only half of it. Half I paid cost me £750 other half still to pay now works out at £1,020, at least we paid half at a good exchange rate.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:09 PM   #617
trimix
DIS Veteran

iGoogle or Google Desktop users?

I have been thinking about writing a little Google Desktop gadget to countdown until our cruise; if anybody here uses Google Desktop or the iGoogle site as their web homepage that will be enough motivation for me to create the gadget.

So, with 279 days left, is anybody interested?

Disneyland more times than I can count.
WDW 8/2008
Disney Magic - Western Caribbean 8/2009
Disney Wonder - West Coast repo 4/2011
trimix is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #618
Maza
Mouseketeer

ok..ill recap..
Lanyards
Sea and Ski..and family?
Grumpy Gramps...and family
Stsomewhere and Blue Marlin and family
Fincantiere...dont think we have met...'hi, im Maria '
so make that about 19 plus Fincantiere (how many do you need?)

...minimum number i can find to order is 100....lol....but PLENTY of time yet.
if its a goer then i will need names etc...well just names actually, most of which are on waynes webpage. but fro those of you who arent a PM will be fine.
Im thinking Lime Green lanyards with 'Red Hot chili cruisers..22nd-29th Aug 2009' printed on, then a plastic pocket with an adaptation of the 'logo' Mickey witha Chilli pepper sword or something , Dates of the cruise..possibly..our names.(.obviously YOUR name..lolnot just mine ) and DIS name if appropriate.
alternatively...a red lanyard....ohhh...decisions decisions...

will do some homework, and get approximate costings. Do remember guys that we live in ripoff Britain. its not called that for nothing and you could probably sourse and supply them cheaper in the US. so bear with me
Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 AM   #619
Maza
Mouseketeer

PS...anyone interested in FE gifting? i know some have expressed an interest already but just to confirm. I will make up the list, so anyone really interested speak up
i need numbers, room numbers,ages of children. anyone not already posting these details on waynes webpage please feel free to PM me, i wont pass on any info ppl dont want common knowledge. Sex of kids would also be useful (if names not posted or if its not obvious from names...sorry ppl but sometimes names are ambiguous.. ) so anyone not wanting any info to be widely known but wanting to participate will have to cough up a few bits of info to make it all possible.
I read the 'rule' of DIS tag...and re-read then...and once again. now i dont consider myself particularly thick but it all sounded a little too much like hard work to me! Last cruise we where on a kind Disser (for this cruise read ME ) compiled a list of participants, age and sex of their kids (if appropriate!), and room numbers. She then PMed it to all participants before the cruise (no kidding Sherlock!! ) and we just all went round and filled our little FEs as we wished! some just gifted the kids or adults without kids, some gave amazingly well thought out and prepared gifts some just put in postcards from their home town.Some put stuff in immediatly for sail away, others brought a littl something for pirat night. IT IS ENTIRLY UP TO YOU!!
My plan is to set a cut off date..say the 1st of August ..for ppl to join in, then i will PM the info to everyone involved . we leave for thr US on the 16th of Aug. and i have to work right up to the day we travel , and i like to be organised so everything will be done atleast 10 daysbefore that date! (but dont quote me! )

so....answers on a postcard please...(no..not really )

also lanyards....22 down...78 to go...lol
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 AM   #620
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimix View Post
I have been thinking about writing a little Google Desktop gadget to countdown until our cruise; if anybody here uses Google Desktop or the iGoogle site as their web homepage that will be enough motivation for me to create the gadget.

So, with 279 days left, is anybody interested?
sorry hon...dont use google as a webpage...sound like a great idea tho...is it really 279...no 278 now..lol...days to go...
can ya tell im excited
Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 PM   #621
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Maza

Count us in for FE.
Matt will be 11 (boy)
Marina will be 8 (girl)
Plus, Erik and I

We don't have a cabin number assigned yet.

Christi
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 06:09 AM   #622
Maza
Mouseketeer

ty Christi...lol
Old 11-22-2008, 06:16 AM   #623
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-and-Sea View Post
Hi all,

On to a happier topic.......anyone here reading the Twilight books? The ones about the teenage vampires. The movie comes out in three weeks. I just finished reading the first book and most of my Girl Scout troop has read through the third and fourth books in the series.

a bit late....but i have spent the last 3 days in the tWILIGHT ZONE. mY dd14 came home with the first book on Monday, her BF told her she had 30 days to read it ( the movie comes out here then!) Juli is not a natural reader...it bothers me, but what the hell, she just gets bored and cant sit still for too long! Anyway, whilst putting away her laundry on Tues , i found the book on her bed and thought id give it a once over ( i am an avid reader...too quick reall, but..anyhow..) i had finished it before she came home from school, and if she hadnt had a netball game and had been home before 5pm i would have hightailed it to Waterstones and got the others then and there! I am hooked! I have spent the last 3 days just reading and re-reading them all! God...they are amazing! A pride and predujice for the 21st Centuary!

Not sure if i am going to see the movie tho...i like my own 'vision' of what the charcters look like....
Old 11-22-2008, 12:47 PM   #624
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
a bit late....but i have spent the last 3 days in the tWILIGHT ZONE. mY dd14 came home with the first book on Monday, her BF told her she had 30 days to read it ( the movie comes out here then!) Juli is not a natural reader...it bothers me, but what the hell, she just gets bored and cant sit still for too long! Anyway, whilst putting away her laundry on Tues , i found the book on her bed and thought id give it a once over ( i am an avid reader...too quick reall, but..anyhow..) i had finished it before she came home from school, and if she hadnt had a netball game and had been home before 5pm i would have hightailed it to Waterstones and got the others then and there! I am hooked! I have spent the last 3 days just reading and re-reading them all! God...they are amazing! A pride and predujice for the 21st Centuary!

Not sure if i am going to see the movie tho...i like my own 'vision' of what the charcters look like....
I bought the first book a few weeks ago. I read through it in one night. I went out and bought the other 3. I read through them so fast. I went back and started to reread them. My mom asked for the first book. I was reluctant to give it to her. What if I wanted to read it again.

Erik is taking me to see the movie tonight. I came out yesterday. I don't think it is a movie he would usually go to... but , since today IS my birthday he's going. He was pushing for the new James Bond.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #625
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Maza- Did you go online and read the partial draft of midnight sun? Go to Stephenie Meyers website. It is Twlight but, from Edward's point of view.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:28 PM   #626
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Twilight mania is going strong around here. All the girls are excited, whereas the boys are totally against it (they are just jealous).

I'm about a quarter way through the second book.

I figure my chances of seeing the movie this weekend are zilch. I told DD we will try to see it Thanksgiving weekend. More likely we'll go after school one day.

I think its wonderful to have another series of books getting everyone excited the way the Harry Potter books did.

Did I mention this before.......the Wall St. Journal newspaper did a wonderful article titled "Real Men Have Fangs" and it talks about how vampires have changed from strictly horror movies into romantic figures.

I'm splitting my reading time between the Twilight books and another series of books. The first book is called "Uglies". I highly, highly, highly recommend it. Its set in the future and when everyone turns 16 they get an operation so they become supermodel beautiful.

It calls into question the disturbing trend among so many young girls today to want to look like Barbie dolls.

Happy Birthday Stsomewhere!!!!! I heard the new James Bond movie is disappointing.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 AM   #627
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Erik enjoyed the movie. It was pretty good.

We went to a 5:50 showing and there were still 300 seats available.
I wanted to go to a later showing, but, the workers told me that it was going to be pretty crazy later in the night.

There were no screaming teens. A few dads with a group of 13 y olds, older couples, moms and DD.

Erik at at the James Bond movie right now. There was a 10am showing for $4.
So, he was stopping after church. (The movie theater is right across the street)
Old 11-23-2008, 04:13 PM   #628
Maza
Mouseketeer

Belated Happy Birthday Christi....Twilight comes out on the 19th Dec here. I have ,against my better judgement, pre booked tickets for me, my girls and 4 of julis friends. My guise is that i am taking the kids...lol
i dont usually enjoy movies of books...the Harry Potter films where a bitter disappointment after the books...so i am not massivly excited. the next 'prequal' book in the series interests me more. i need to find it on line...lol
now...this minute..bye..
Old 11-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #629
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

The movie was better than I thought it would be. But, definetely not as good as the book.

I might have to go see it again with my mom.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:53 AM   #630
jhryb
DIS Veteran

Hi Maza
Count us in for lanyards and FE's. There are 5 of us split into 2 cabins 2146 & 2148

I have a Twilight question and it sounds like this group could help me out. Our DD11 has been asking to read the book, but from the movie trailers I think she is too young. I was thinking about buying the book and reading it myself first, but I won't bother if 11 is definitley not old enough.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: