Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2008, 11:24 AM   #481
Donald Applecore
Just call me "sweet cheeks"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
It has a lot of neat aftifacts. Some of the morbid are the car JFK was shot in and the chair Lincoln was shot in.
The Firestone(tires) farm.

Ford had each building disassembled and brought to the village a reassembled.
All the workers are dressed in period clothing and talkk and act like they are from that time.
What an odd hodgepodge of a museum!

Sounds like your DS should have fun at camp (messy=fun for boys! )

I'm just spending some time this week tying up some loose ends before I start my second clerkship of the summer. I did my 1st clerkship at our District Attorney's office, which I loved, but I'm looking forward to the better pay from the private firm that I go to work at next week
Old 07-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #482
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Hi everyone.
Booked another trip to Florida this week. That will total 4 trips this year.
Karen found out she could take another week off work in October when Mathew is off school so I did some searching for flights, looked at another west coast trip but too expensive, eventually found some on Orbitz.com for $478(£241)each, cheapest flight we have ever had in 15 years visiting Florida.
Will be staying at Fairfield Inn LBV again at $57(£29)/night incl tax, breakfast and wireless internet inroom. Great hotel for the money.
Also booked MNSSHP, done it 3 times before and twice at Disneyland CA, we love the party evenings.
Easter 14 nights
August 24 nights
October 8 nights
Xmas 9 nights
Surely we deserve dual nationality, I think we contribute more to the local economy than some residents
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #483
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Hi everyone.
Booked another trip to Florida this week. That will total 4 trips this year.
Karen found out she could take another week off work in October when Mathew is off school so I did some searching for flights, looked at another west coast trip but too expensive, eventually found some on Orbitz.com for $478(£241)each, cheapest flight we have ever had in 15 years visiting Florida.
Will be staying at Fairfield Inn LBV again at $57(£29)/night incl tax, breakfast and wireless internet inroom. Great hotel for the money.
Also booked MNSSHP, done it 3 times before and twice at Disneyland CA, we love the party evenings.
Easter 14 nights
August 24 nights
October 8 nights
Xmas 9 nights
Surely we deserve dual nationality, I think we contribute more to the local economy than some residents
That is a great price on your hotel.
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #484
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
That is a great price on your hotel.
We usually get a lot better rates in UK than US, many Americans have started booking with UK sites that allow to be booked in $US.
Sites like Hotelopia.co.uk and Alpharooms.com allow US citizens to book. For Hotelopia there is almost always a 10% discount code around, it was 15% in January. Plus they are bookable thru cashback sites so we get upto another 10% back.
Staying here in August for 1st 17 nights, booked it back in Jan with 15% code and 10% cashback so only paid $40/night again incl tax, breakfast and internet. How do the make a profit?
http://www.countryinns.com/orlandofl_wdwresort
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 07-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #485
Donald Applecore

wayneg - Congrats on the extra trip!!!

DW is in for a small surprise tonight.
We don't bother with cable or satellite TV b/c we would essentially be paying for something that we rarely use - the obvious downside, of course, is no access to the Disney specials on the Travel Channel. Fortunately, I found the Disney Cruise Special on ITUNES, & I just finished downloading it. She already called & said she was exhausted & wanted to veg-out tonight. Now we have the perfect thing to do while we veg!

Gotta go get diner started - she loves when I'm on summer break
Old 07-11-2008, 11:25 AM   #486
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Applecore View Post
wayneg - Congrats on the extra trip!!!

DW is in for a small surprise tonight.
We don't bother with cable or satellite TV b/c we would essentially be paying for something that we rarely use - the obvious downside, of course, is no access to the Disney specials on the Travel Channel. Fortunately, I found the Disney Cruise Special on ITUNES, & I just finished downloading it. She already called & said she was exhausted & wanted to veg-out tonight. Now we have the perfect thing to do while we veg!

Gotta go get diner started - she loves when I'm on summer break
We love that show. It was one of the reasons we decided to go on a DIsney cruise.
Old 07-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #487
Donald Applecore

OK - tell me we don't have serious Donald Duck issues!
Old 07-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #488
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

I have the whole week to myself . No mom duties
The kids went to CAMP GRANDMA!!!

I took them out there last night.
They are staying with my mom on her property.
40 acreas of nothing but wilderness.(and a bunch of kittens)
Matt was already climbing trees when I left and Marina was holding the baby kitten- its mother and 2 others got killed by a raccon. So, she was bottle feeding it.

I don't know what to do with all this time on my hands. ...

Erik's parents tookk the kids over the weekend to Kilahari Waterpark hotel in Sandusky, OH.
They had a great time. MAtt even got to use the Flowrider a few times.
He thought it was pretty funny becasue a boys swim suit got sucks off.

I went school supply shopping and scouts today. Walmart had glue sticks for $.22.

I am taking CPR/ First aide for brownies.
Only two more classes to go.
Boy, it makes me feel old. It is me, another mom from school and the rest a high school seniors. They are required to take the class to graduate.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #489
Donald Applecore

Quote:
I don't know what to do with all this time on my hands. ...
You could always give your duck a bath!
Old 07-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #490
diznie
Earning My Ears

We are also joining you all on the Magic august 22 2009.

It will be our second cruise with DCL, this year, may 1st, we made our first DCL cruise on the Wonder (3nights) and we (me 44, DH 46 and DS 16) are so totally hooked.

We booked this cruise 3 weeks after we got back to The Netherlands. I wondered about the fish extenders the last cruise, we found out what it was on the boards and now we bought one on eBay. My DS is looking for great pic's to make door magnets, so we are having a lot of fun already.

Still 386 days to go....

Desiree
Old 07-18-2008, 03:55 PM   #491
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne

DISboards Moderator

Welcome Desiree and family.
Cruising is very easy to get hooked on.
I have added you to our list www.astersflorist.co.uk (link bottom left) I have put your link to The Netherlands, if you prefer your town let me know it or a link I can use.
We have been to Amsterdam 10 times in the past 7 years, great place for a weekend away, unfortunately it has got too expensive this year, flights were double the cost and hotels too expensive with the Euro staying strong against the £UK.
Are you originally from The Netherlands or moved there from another country?
Wayne
Old 07-18-2008, 07:26 PM   #492
Donald Applecore

diznie -
Old 07-18-2008, 07:58 PM   #493
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Welcome Diznie.....glad you're trying a 7-night cruise after getting a taste of DCL on the Wonder. I'm glad we're cruising after the Magic goes through drydock as it sounds like the ship is getting a bit worn.

Stsomewhere....how wonderful to get a kid-free "vacation". I was kid-free last week when my kids were at a camp in Connecticut. You know what the best thing was about that week....THE HOUSE STAYED CLEAN ALL THE TIME!!!!

Donald Applecore.....nothing wrong with having Donald "issues". In my mind Donald Duck is THE Donald....not that real estate tycoon from New York.

My life right now is revolving around going to physical therapy. I had a set back two weeks ago when I re-sprained the ankle that had the surgery. I lost my footing on my gravel driveway when I was retrieving a garden hose/sprinkler and wasn't wearing my ankle brace and the ankle buckled.

This of course happens the day before a major holiday weekend when I knew my therapist and doctor would be away. So I had an anxious 4th of July weekend worried I had damaged the surgically repaired ligaments.

Fortunately it was nothing more than a slight sprain. The ligaments are fine since its been long enough after the surgery. But it set me back with the physical therapy.

I've got four in-laws arriving from England on Monday for a two week visit. We'll be taking them to holiday at the Jersey shore in 8 days. Really looking forward to that as we love the beach.

Then in five weeks I'll be boarding the Wonder for back-to-back cruises with three stops to Castaway Cay.

Joiseymom......you must be getting excited about your Panama Canal cruise.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:31 AM   #494
bellebud
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diznie View Post
We are also joining you all on the Magic august 22 2009. Still 386 days to go.... Desiree
Welcome!!

I've been busy lately - but had to drop by to say...

WE'RE GOING TO WDW TODAY... AND THE KIDS DON'T KNOW YET!!
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:46 AM   #495
bellebud
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited, my fingers were typing so fast, I hit some button and it posted before I was finished!

anyway, the kids know we're going "sometime" this summer vacation to WDW, but don't know when. It will be ds6's birthday next week too, when we're there. We'll be there for a week, then fly home (to NY), then drive straight to Ocean City, Maryland for a week at the beach w/ dh's brothers and their families. we just added this extra week on a few days ago.

I will miss my dog greatly though... and I'll miss the litter of puppies we've been bottle feeding for the last 2 weeks (did I tell you guys about that?) We're getting a golden-doodle at the end of August. Our kennel woman breeds them (the dad is a golden retriever and the mom is a poodle). There are 11 puppies and they need a bottle suppliment each day, so the kids and I have been doing it every morning for 2 weeks. AND you have to burp them after - it's the absolute CUTEST thing ever!!!!!!

So, it's 7:30am, I'm waiting for ds6 to wake up (dd8 just woke up), and dh is due home any minute (he went to work really early - 5am - to get stuff done before the trip - we own a small business and there's always something that must be done - Wayne, I'm sure you have that too).

I have disney-themed surprise gift baskets for the kids (gum/lollipops for the plane, sunglasses, small activities, pins, etc). Also, a stuffed minnie and daisy for dd (minnie has to have a friend), and a stuffed mickey and donald for ds. I will put all this on the stairs when everyone is awake and call the kids into the hallway saying "what IS this??"... dh's job is to make sure they both come to see what I'm talking about. I'll have the video camera rolling - I think they'll both get it when they see the gifts, and if not, dh can tell them. We then throw everything in the car and GO! The plane leaves at 1pm.

Just wanted to share!
bellebud is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: