Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2009, 05:26 AM   #1831
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielouhoo View Post
I, for one, really like how you spend your leisure time!!! Now I'll race you to the spirits shop!! Seriously, thanks for taking the time to do that, it will help me sort what I am going to bring. Is it correct that if you buy it on the ship, you can open it aboard, but can't carry off any that are open and unfinished??? As if.....
Terri...i dont think you can drink any liquor you buy o the ship. they deliver it to you on the last night/morning as you leave
Old 08-17-2009, 05:30 AM   #1832
Maza
Mouseketeer

btw...I am actually at work...on an admin day. I have no idea what i am supposd to be doing . i have done all the paperwork i had to do...and its 9.30. what shall i do now? I have so much still to do at home! at what point do you think it will be ok to ask if i can go early? lunchtime? supposed to be here until 20.00 hrs
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #1833
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julielouhoo View Post
Denise that is so funny!! Until I remembered that it was during the same time that I was sleeping with Jim Cantore!!! I can't fall asleep when Jack isn't home either.
Terri
Jim, how could you?! I always suspected he was a player! Do you remember how he had hair back then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maza View Post
btw...I am actually at work...on an admin day. I have no idea what i am supposd to be doing . i have done all the paperwork i had to do...and its 9.30. what shall i do now? I have so much still to do at home! at what point do you think it will be ok to ask if i can go early? lunchtime? supposed to be here until 20.00 hrs
Ok, let me see if I can figure this out. There is a 4 hour time difference between you and me (I think). 20.00 hours I'm assuming is military time, so that means you have to be there until 8 PM your time, which would then be 4 PM my time? Which means you still have more than 8 hours left . Of course, that is provided my math is correct.

So, let's see, what can Maria do for the rest of the day? As per KC's suggestion you can post what you will be doing this time next week!

Better yet, hope the powers that be spring you early .

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 AM   #1834
Aurora's Mommy
Because she's beautiful, when she's asleep!

Today I have to take Paige and her best friend (oddly also named Paige) to Chuck E. Cheese because my Paige is devestated that she will be missing Paige's birthday party on Friday. But next week on this day, I'll be enjoying Palo Brunch, and then what I'm sure will be a lovely party in the Walt Disney Suite.

Denise
DCL - 2009 POP - 2008 DCL - 2006 WL - 2004Poly - 2002 BV - 2000 CBR - 1991 Offsite - 1987
Aurora's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:02 AM   #1835
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Terri...i dont think you can drink any liquor you buy o the ship. they deliver it to you on the last night/morning as you leave
Yea Terri, sorry. This is for the 1 (yes count it ONE) duty free bottle you get to bring back into the USA from the Caribbean. The good news is, if you scroll back about 500 posts, that DCL is the only line that allows you to bring on board. So it is kind of like the Pot discussion scene in Pulp Fiction.

Its legal to own it, and its legal to drink it if you have it, in designated areas (your room or in a drink of the day reused glass ). Its legal to bring on board -- so long as it is not from Grand Cayman -- but only in a carry on sized bag. Its not legal to buy it onboard and drink it onboard unless it is in a glass from a bar.

For all of the detailed destructions, go back about three to four weeks in the discussion. Some of our mates were looking for FLA shops between the airport and cruise port. There are about three shops between the Cruise Port and Ron Jon Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach, less than one mile past the ship and down US1.
BlueMarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:08 AM   #1836
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMarlin View Post
so long as it is not from Grand Cayman
Also, you can bring it back on board by hand from Key West or Mexico, the ship does not accept deliveries of mystery bottles. So if you cannot get it done before you go, you can stock up in Key West. Guessing that Tequila will be cheaper in Mexico, but then again I guessed that Rum would be cheaper in the Caribbean, and Pyrat is 33% cheaper off the shelf in Michigan.

I will actually not be bringing that much on the ship with me, because I will be saving up to stock up in Florence, KY on the way home at Party Town. Many wonderful elixirs in Bourbon country that you cannot get north of the Mason-Dixon line. They keep it all for themselves.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #1837
BlueMarlin
Mouseketeer

What to do today... We took the posted Navigators and turned them into an Excel Sheet with five columns, one for Family and one for each member, and listed the things that person might want to look into for the day on each tab. That is the other thing I was doing yesterday, instead of putting in O.T. on a Sunday - as a salaried employee, as Christi pointed out.

Today we were looking at the Origami Class, the Cakes and Desserts classes, the Castaway club party, Family Magic Quest at 2p and/or the Suite Reception. Then hitting two Captains Receptions, family disco fever, and the Golden Mickey's Afterparty followed by the Cabaret Show. Oh yea, and some rest and relaxation, too.

To answer my own question from about 750 posts ago, regarding the entertainment not being all Broadway Musicals. The answer is that the Cabaret Shows are each of the entertainers doing what they do best, other than singing and dancing. So that is where you get the juggler, magician and comedian type acts. Disney really is the best of both worlds, Thank's Uncle Walt.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #1838
sandyh67
Proud DVC owner since 2003

bringing alcohol on board

Not sure if anyone posted this recently, but saw the talk about alcohol

You CAN carry on alcohol onto the ship- you cannot put it in your checked luggage but there is no limit as to what you can carry on. Kristen and I did this in May on the podcast cruise- we had a rolling cooler full of wine and alcohol- carried our own wine to dinner each night, no problem doing that either. You can carry a bottle of wine to dinner and they will uncork it for you, but charge a uncorking fee of $20 I think.
So there you go!
We will be making an alcohol run when we arrive in Orlando on Friday

sandyh67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:06 AM   #1839
sandyh67

Quote:
Cant you tell them you really need to "work" from home today!

I am in the office today too, thinking of how much I have to do at home- as my patients are not showing up today LOL- that's what happens sometime at clinic- so much depends on the weather!

Old 08-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #1840
sandyh67

twifans

Wondering how many twilight fans there are involved in the FE exchange- I just might have a little something extra for my fellow twihards

Old 08-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #1841
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh67 View Post
Wondering how many twilight fans there are involved in the FE exchange- I just might have a little something extra for my fellow twihards
I am a big twilight fan.

DS made fun of me until he watched the movie.

I let my sister borrow the bokks. SHe just didn't get it
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 AM   #1842
Sonnyeclipse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh67 View Post
We are not officially involved in the exchange but are exchanging with a few other people.

We are in 2643 and 2645 if you have any extras. My daughter is a HUGE Twilight fan and we already have her Twilight magnet made for the door.
DIS Dad's Club member #538
My December 2010 Trip report

Need to book a new trip.
Sonnyeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #1843
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Here's what we will be going on the ship one week from today.

Dessert demo, castaway party, goofy party, KC reception, Family Quest,

Marina is looking forwardc to Rattatoui cooking class, the golden mickey after party, campout.

EtA: I don't have anything else planned. But, you will be able to find me at the quiet cove or spa area.
I will probably get a pass to the rainforest room.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #1844
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

For all you DISers already at WDW- I hope you are having go weather.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #1845
RichieGraciemom
DIS Veteran

Im so excited to even pack. my head is spinning in different directions and i just keep reading this boards. I have to get my but in gear and get upstairs and start putting things in the suitcases. we are leaving wed night for the drive down and two days in cocoa before getting on the beautiful ship saturday morning. I cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!keep forgetting we are going to disney for a week after the cruise and have to bring things for that part because the weather channel has me so preoccupied. signing off and have a great day!!!!!!
JOined dvc in 2005 . SSR owners and Now New owners at AKV. have been home so many times since buying our friends want to give us a map of the world to show us that there are other places that exist besides Disney, I tell them no way!!!!!Going to Ssr in Febraury and 10 year anniversary cruise Aug 09 followed by a week at animal kingdom villas.
RichieGraciemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: