Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #151
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

365 Days

365 days to get all the planning done - Can I do it? Yes I can!!
AverysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 06:32 PM   #152
glindamood
DIS Veteran

My! My! My! Page THREE

Everyone must all be very busy. Hope you are all well and getting ready. A year from today we will have enjoyed our first relaxing day at sea. BRING IT ON!!!

glindamood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #153
iamdaisyduck
Donald Ducks Main Squeeze

I can't wait!!

I checked about the SPH room and there were no more available for us...oh well, you snooze you lose, I should have booked it when I had the chance. That's fine, I'll be happy on deck 2, at least we saved a decent amount of money from what we paid on the last trip.
iamdaisyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 08:07 AM   #154
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdaisyduck View Post
I can't wait!!

I checked about the SPH room and there were no more available for us...oh well, you snooze you lose, I should have booked it when I had the chance. That's fine, I'll be happy on deck 2, at least we saved a decent amount of money from what we paid on the last trip.
I think I am down on Deck 2 - its the party deck

WOO HOO

With all the $$$ we save, we can do some awesome excursions

That was one of my lessons from last time - do great excursions. We only really did one thing and that was the Pirate Ship in Grand Cayman. After which we went to a beach. In Cozumel we were supposed to do a Catamaran ride but it was really windy so it was cancelled. At Key West, we just did the Trolly Tour.

My youngest was only 5 last time and only a beginner swimmer. We are really working on improving her swimming so my little 7 year old will be able to do more this time.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #155
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

amazing how fast you fall down to the 2nd page

So I checked my room number finally and we are in 2606. We are happy - the kids will want to be in the AFT so they can run quickly up the stairs for ice cream.

It amazes me how fast they can run the stairs and still not take anyone out.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:19 AM   #156
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Funny how one has priorities. We are forward on 6 - fast trip up to Quite Cove - pool, hot tub, bar and cafe!

I ran over a deer today on my way into work. YUK! The vehicle heading in the opposite direction hit it and the (I hope) carcus slide in front of me and I did not have enough time to do anything about it other then go over the top. I tried to straddle it but don't think I made a fetch of that. I hope I stop shaking soon.

Well, my day has no where to go but up so have a great Tuesday everyone.

Old 11-12-2008, 07:31 AM   #157
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Bumping from page two.

Happy Wednesday!

Old 11-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #158
iamdaisyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
amazing how fast you fall down to the 2nd page

So I checked my room number finally and we are in 2606. We are happy - the kids will want to be in the AFT so they can run quickly up the stairs for ice cream.

It amazes me how fast they can run the stairs and still not take anyone out.

We are stateroom number 2618 so we will be neighbors It would be nice if we both got upgraded to a better floor for the same price This year the cruise that went election week was half full, I think this is election week next year as well (albeit it's not a presidential election, it still might have an impact).
Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #159
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glindamood View Post
Funny how one has priorities. We are forward on 6 - fast trip up to Quite Cove - pool, hot tub, bar and cafe!

I ran over a deer today on my way into work. YUK! The vehicle heading in the opposite direction hit it and the (I hope) carcus slide in front of me and I did not have enough time to do anything about it other then go over the top. I tried to straddle it but don't think I made a fetch of that. I hope I stop shaking soon.

Well, my day has no where to go but up so have a great Tuesday everyone.

OH My Gosh - did you stop? what did you do? I have never hit an animal before
Old 11-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #160
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are stateroom number 2618 so we will be neighbors It would be nice if we both got upgraded to a better floor for the same price This year the cruise that went election week was half full, I think this is election week next year as well (albeit it's not a presidential election, it still might have an impact).

It probably really depends on the US Economy - the deals to go to WDW in early 2009 are amazing.

A friend just came back from being there a week and they said that they rarely waited to get on a ride. Just walked on some rides. Definately didnt need Fast Pass very often
Old 11-12-2008, 05:56 PM   #161
stampinshauna
Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disney Cruise Line--Been there, done that, GOING BACK!!!

Quote:
I was on the Magic over election day this year and I'm pretty sure the ship was a lot more than half full. It was also Jersey week, so it seemed to be half full of folks from NJ. We were in a category 11 room--if the ship was only half full I'd think we would have been upgraded. Next year we have a 12 guaranty, so I'm crossing my fingers for some pixie dust from the upgrade fairy!
WDW 5/10, 2/10, 11/09, 10/08, 2/07, 10/05, 10/04, 1/04, 5/99, 2/86

DVC Member since 12/05

stampinshauna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:19 PM   #162
glindamood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverysMommy View Post
OH My Gosh - did you stop? what did you do? I have never hit an animal before
No, I didn't stop, couldn't really as there would have been nothing to do. There were lots of cars behind me as well. I thought afterward (when I stopped shaking) that maybe I should have called 911 or something but they don't remove carcases here, don't know why. They are beautiful animals but they sure do cause a lot of havoc this time of year. Between the rut and hunting season about to open, it will only get worse.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:15 PM   #163
iamdaisyduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinshauna View Post
I was on the Magic over election day this year and I'm pretty sure the ship was a lot more than half full. It was also Jersey week, so it seemed to be half full of folks from NJ. We were in a category 11 room--if the ship was only half full I'd think we would have been upgraded. Next year we have a 12 guaranty, so I'm crossing my fingers for some pixie dust from the upgrade fairy!
I always hope for an upgrade but I am never the "lucky" one to get it. It doesn't much matter I suppose, I'll be happy just to be on the ship

I am going to have to move to a state that has off when the rest of the country doesn't!! We met a family who were from California on our cruise and they get 2 weeks off in October, I would love to be able to not take my son out of school to go on vacation but forget it, the airfares and cruisefares are outrageous during those times.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #164
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinshauna View Post
So tell us about your cruise?

Best Food?
Best Excursion?
Best Magical Moment?

any changes worth noting?
Old 11-13-2008, 08:40 AM   #165
AverysMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Nice to know people near by. We were in a Category 4 (so I think Level 8)before as we had 3 kids with us.....this will be a different experience being on Level 2....I would think a bit more stairs!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: