Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 AM   #1
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

CSR and MVMCP Weekend Trip 11/30-12/2

We just got back from another trip to our favorite vacation destination. Another creative title and another little trip report. For those of you who have not read my other trip report or need a refresher I will reintroduce the “cast”:

Me (35) Michelle: I work in the accounting field and am fortunate to have my office in my home (more time to DIS during the day! ). Self-proclaimed Disney nut! Favorite character = Mickey. We live about 2 ½ hours from WDW and would be tempted to go every weekend if I didn’t have 5 four legged children at home (3 dogs/2 cats). Pet sitting gets quite expensive!

DH (40) Erik: He works in Marketing for a bank. He is not a big Disney fan but puts up with my Disney addiction. He doesn’t go as often as DD and I but that is ok with him. He is currently working out of state (in Georgia) but will be flying to Orlando for the weekend to join us on this trip. Favorite character = Donald Duck.

DD (7) Samantha: 2nd Grader. She loves all things Disney just like her mom. Erik thinks I’ve brainwashed her! She is currently into High School Musical and Hannah Montana. She still likes the princesses but not as much as last year. She is constantly reminding me to take pictures for our trip report and is already planning to apply for the Disney College Program when she is of age. Favorite character = Minnie and favorite princess = Belle.

The Plan

Since we live so close to WDW, Samantha and I have the Florida resident’s seasonal pass and try to go as often as possible, even if it is only for a weekend.

Last year (2006) we were able to make 5 trips and stayed at a variety of resorts – Caribbean Beach, All Star Movies, Boardwalk Inn, All Start Music and Contemporary.

This year we went on a 3 night Disney cruise in February and were able to travel to WDW in May (POFQ), October (POP) and now a weekend in December.

We like to go in December to see all of the Christmas decorations and attend the MVMCP. I booked Coronado Springs resort for 2 nights – Friday November 30 through Sunday December 2. We would be attending MVMCP on Friday evening and the Candlelight Processional on Saturday night. I kept this trip a surprise for Samantha. About a month before our trip Erik decided to join us so I thought that would just add to the surprise. Erik doesn’t really care for Disney like Sam and I but he does enjoy seeing the Christmas decorations and of course spending time with his family.

Friday November 30, 2007 – The surprises are revealed!

A little background - I always wanted to surprise Samantha with a weekend trip to WDW. I tried in May but was unsuccessful. She must have heard me talking about the trip because she knew exactly what was going on (though she played along very well). The morning of our “surprise” trip in May Samantha wore her Disney shirt and all of her Disney jewelry to school. She is required to wear a collared shirt to school and only has one Disney one which she hardly ever wears. And, she never wears her jewelry to school. I thought maybe it was a coincidence. I picked her up from school that day and just started driving on the highway towards Disney. We don’t take the highway home from school normally but she didn’t say a word. About half way into our 2 ½ hour drive she asked all innocently “Where are we going?” I could tell she knew full well where we were going but she was trying hard to no let on. So anyway, I vowed that I would in deed surprise her another time. Now that I’ve discovered the DIS I can talk away to you all about my excitement and hopefully keep the secret.

Back to the report……On Friday morning I dropped Sam off at school and went to talk to her teacher about picking her up early. I feel guilty taking Sam out of school for Disney since we live so close but I knew they didn’t do much on Friday afternoons and I also knew we needed to get there before Erik did. Her teacher was fine with it and was excited to be in on the surprise. I went home to pack both Sam and my things since I couldn’t do anything ahead of time. I got the car loaded and waited patiently for the time when I could leave.

Lots of stuff for two nights - I always over pack!

Finally, at noon I went to school and walked into Samantha’s classroom. Sam couldn’t figure out why I was there – I come for lunch duty once a month but she knew this wasn’t my day. I walked right up to her and told her to get her stuff together. She looked at me kind of strange so I asked her if she wanted to go to Disney. The look on her face was priceless – I wish I had a picture! She most definitely didn’t know anything about this trip. She just sat there for a few minutes – not sure if she could really leave. She is such a rule follower that I had to tell her that her teacher already knew about it and everything was fine. Her teacher came over and wished her well and we were off! She kept asking if we were really going to Disney and was shocked to see the care already packed. She asked where we were staying but I wouldn’t tell her. She thought maybe it was the Poly so I told her it was either a Value or Moderate resort. It was driving her crazy that she didn’t know!

We made great time! Leaving at noon rather than right after school seemed to make a lot of difference in the traffic levels. Usually we get off the Disney exit right around 5:00 and the traffic is horrific. We had no traffic this time and made it from school to the Disney arches in exactly 2 ½ hours. Samantha tried to follow the signs to figure out where we were headed but didn’t get it until we pulled in to Coronado Springs Resort. She was excited about this. She and I have a goal to stay at each Disney resort at least once and this is one we hadn’t tried yet. We parked out front and went to check-in.

The lobby was very nice and the Christmas decorations were beautiful! I meant to go back and take some pictures before we left but never did. The only pictures I have of the lobby are these two that Samantha took – not the greatest but better than nothing.

The CM that checked us in was great! I wish I wrote down his name. He could tell that Samantha was bouncing off the walls with excitement and talked to her quite a bit. He was impressed with her Disney knowledge at such a young age. He told us a lot about the resort and where to locate everything. We would be in Casitas Building 5 – Room 5447. We drove the car over and were able to park right outside the building – we could see our car when we walked out our door.

We lugged everything up to our room (4th floor) and began to unpack. Yes - we unpacked even though we would only be there for two nights. I just can’t stand to live out of a suitcase.

We settled in to watch Stacy on TV and realized there was no remote! We searched everywhere and couldn’t find it so I called the front desk. They had one sent up to us within 15 minutes.

Samantha was hungry (as was I) but I was trying to stall her. Erik was due in at any minute. I had hired a car service to get him from the airport and he was going to just show up at our door. I had sent him a text with our room number. I found Zack and Cody on Disney channel for Samantha to watch which kept her occupied for 30 minutes. When Erik was close to the room he called for Samantha and was talking to her when there was a knock at the door. I opened the door and in he walked while he was still on the phone with Sam. She was super surprised once again! She didn’t think he would be home again until Christmas so this was a nice welcome surprise for her!

Next up – dinner and MVMCP
Old 12-04-2007, 09:41 AM   #2
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

great pics. How nice that he was able to surprise her. i love surprises, when done on others.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2007, 09:52 AM   #3
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Aren't surprise trips great? You are better then me I did not feel guilty taking Aviva out of school for a week and we live a little further way from you. Especially after knowing her asst principal will be there the same time as us.\

What a great surprise about daddy too.

Loved the pics...we will be back in Disney Jan 2nd for Aviva's 7th bday.

Cannot wait to read more!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
coles1mom
DIS Veteran
Please get those ‘Flying Underpants’ out from under me!

Excellent job maam. Both on the suprise and the pictures!

Encore..more, more

J
Old 12-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #5
OhioTony
DIS Veteran

Who doesn't love surprizes! Especially Disney surprizes!

Great pictures and I can't wait to hear about the Christmas party. No, seriously, I CAN'T WAIT. I leave in 7 days and I want to(steal )read about your touring plan.

Lynn
(2001)WILDERNESS CABINS,(2002)DISNEY WONDER,(2003)-THAT OTHER PLACE IN ORLANDO!,(2004)CARRIBEAN BEACH RESORT,(2005)-POP CENTURY,(2006)THAT OTHER PLACE IN ORLANDO!,(2007)PORT ORLEANS-FRENCH QUARTER!,(2008) Liberty of the Seas,(2009)-Coronado Springs in September!
Old 12-04-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
Poohtigeey
DIS Veteran

Glad you're writing another TR! Love the DIS pin! Can't wait to hear more. Maybe before I leave if I ask nicely? Please please with sugar on top?

Ok, back to my chaos! I am however taking time out for a girls night out tonight!
Old 12-04-2007, 04:18 PM   #7
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
great pics. How nice that he was able to surprise her. i love surprises, when done on others.
LOL - I agree! I've pulled off a few surprises in my lifetime but have yet to be surprised myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avivasmom View Post
Aren't surprise trips great? You are better then me I did not feel guilty taking Aviva out of school for a week and we live a little further way from you. Especially after knowing her asst principal will be there the same time as us.

What a great surprise about daddy too.

Loved the pics...we will be back in Disney Jan 2nd for Aviva's 7th bday.

Cannot wait to read more!
Thanks! I just started reading your TR also. I always feel guilty taking Sam out of school - I should probably just get over it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coles1mom View Post
Excellent job maam. Both on the suprise and the pictures!

Encore..more, more

J
Thanks! I hope to have the next segment up either tonight or tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioTony View Post
Who doesn't love surprizes! Especially Disney surprizes!

Great pictures and I can't wait to hear about the Christmas party. No, seriously, I CAN'T WAIT. I leave in 7 days and I want to(steal )read about your touring plan.

Lynn
You're in luck - I should have MVMCP pics/report up tonight or tomorrow. I will be working on it tonight in between my work projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohtigeey View Post
Glad you're writing another TR! Love the DIS pin! Can't wait to hear more. Maybe before I leave if I ask nicely? Please please with sugar on top?

Ok, back to my chaos! I am however taking time out for a girls night out tonight!
Thanks - I've done a few exchanges on the exchange board and one of my packages I received included the DIS pin! Never met any DISer's though.

Have fun at girls night! It will be nice to have a break from all the stress of packing. It will get done!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #8
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Love that the surprise finally worked! CSR looks rather nice. I might put it on the list. Which did you like better CSR or POFQ. This would be for our fall trip for a week probably. Can't wait to hear all about MVMCP .
Old 12-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #9
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Love that the surprise finally worked! CSR looks rather nice. I might put it on the list. Which did you like better CSR or POFQ. This would be for our fall trip for a week probably. Can't wait to hear all about MVMCP .
That is a hard choice between POFQ and CSR. We loved the size of POFQ (small compared to others), the pool was fun, and the boat ride to DTD was so relaxing. We never made it to the pool area at CSR but from what I hear it is amazing. I enjoyed the food court at CSR also more so than POFQ. And bus service was great at CSR - never had standing room only on any bus ride. Of course at CSR I can imagine you could be in a really far away section from the main building which would be kind of a pain. They are both great resorts - you'll just have to go twice to try both!
Old 12-04-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I love how you got to surprise Samantha this time. My favorite part of your installment though was surprising her with getting to see her Daddy. I got a little teary eyed reading that.

Great installment, I can't wait to read more .
Old 12-04-2007, 09:56 PM   #11
Poohtigeey
DIS Veteran

I must be LOOSING MY MIND! I swear that those last 3 pics were not on there when I read this this afternoon! There was NOT a picture of Sam in the cabinet or her w/ Erik! Please tell me you added them and I don't need to be commited!

Sam's so photogenic!

Waiting for that update you promised!
Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #12
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

Great report so far Michelle. Your daughter is so gorgeous and how fun that you pulled off the surprise.

Can't wait to read the next installment.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:44 AM   #13
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I love how you got to surprise Samantha this time. My favorite part of your installment though was surprising her with getting to see her Daddy. I got a little teary eyed reading that.

Great installment, I can't wait to read more .
Awww thanks Tracy! It was a great treat for Samantha and her facial expression was priceless - I tried to get a picture but couldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohtigeey View Post
I must be LOOSING MY MIND! I swear that those last 3 pics were not on there when I read this this afternoon! There was NOT a picture of Sam in the cabinet or her w/ Erik! Please tell me you added them and I don't need to be commited!

Sam's so photogenic!

Waiting for that update you promised!
Ummmmm.....noooooooo....you're not losing your mind.......

I have an appointment this morning but will finish next segment when I return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
Great report so far Michelle. Your daughter is so gorgeous and how fun that you pulled off the surprise.

Can't wait to read the next installment.
Thanks Pakey! Glad you found your way over here.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 AM   #14
daisy hughes
Mouseketeer

You are a great mom! How sweet!!! And how blessed to live so close to WDW! Reading this makes me want to move down south.

Can't wait to see pics of the party. We went in 2005 and it was one of my top 5 moments in life!

Off site 2002
Off site 2005
POP Sept 2007
Riverside Sept 2008
Carla's 40th Birthday Girls Trip Sept 2009
Christmas at WDW Dec 2009
September 2010 with Mom and Dad
Old 12-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #15
mkluvsmickey
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy hughes View Post
You are a great mom! How sweet!!! And how blessed to live so close to WDW! Reading this makes me want to move down south.

Can't wait to see pics of the party. We went in 2005 and it was one of my top 5 moments in life!
Thanks for reading! It is great to live so close - I try to take advantage of it as often as possible in case I'm not always this close!

Update coming up soon...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: