Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2007, 10:10 PM   #1
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Leaving on Leap Day!! - WDW Trip # 6

OK for all of you hounding me to death about my PTR (Jordan!), here it is! Are you happy now!!?? Just kidding, of course! I really needed to get started on this bad boy and now seems just as good a time as any.

So here's the 'sitch - DBF Lumar, and I, have been to WDW 5 times together in the last 4 years. We are going for number 6 from February 29 - March 9, 2008 and staying at POFQ. Just so that we're all on the same page, here's a list of our past trips:
July 2004, May 2005, May 2006, December 2006, and October 2007. May 2006 was supposed to be our "last trip for a long time" because we are trying really hard to move out of my parents house and into our own. Yeah...so much for that! We just can't stay away, no matter how hard we try, no matter how broke we think we are, and no matter how much closer not going would put us to getting our own home. It's Disney World for Pete's sake! And besides, we went to WDW for MY 24th birthday so now we HAVE TO go for Lumar's 24th birthday! It's only fair, after all!

So, most of you know me from my past two TR's (see links in my siggy, if you're interested!) but in case you don't, first of all and for joining me! I'll introduce you to the cast:

Me - Ali (turning 25!!! Next Sunday, December 9)
I'm an OTP (Obsessive Trip Planner), I love animals (currently studying to become a Vet Tech) and my family is somewhat disfunctional. Mainly just my mom and my step-dad. But I have plenty of time to talk about them later. Anyhoo, I am very indecisive and very impulse-istic (hey I'm a Sagittarius, what do you expect??) I can't decide in advance where I want to eat...unless of course I'm planning a WDW trip! In which case, I can easily and with no if's, and's, or but's about it, plan out every meal of my trip 180 days in advance. I also like to spend money. Problem is, I don't really have a lot of it. Oh, and I should mention that I loathe my job with every fiber of my being. And for fun, I clean rabbit poop on weekends. No seriously, I work for a rabbit rescue and I clean cages at the shelter on Saturdays. It's incredibly fun and definitely NOT something I pictured myself doing 5 years ago. Heck, 5 years ago I didn't even know there were rabbit rescues in existence. But there are a lot of us out there! And for those of you wondering, yes it is EXACTLY like a cat/dog rescue except with bunnies instead.

DBF- Lumar (pronounced LOO-mar). His parents were Luis and Maria so they just combined the two names. What's really funny is that he has two sisters: Julissa (pronounced Joo-Lisa) and Magdalena, then there's Lumar, and then Robby. I swear on everything holy, the kids name is Robby. Not Robert, not Roberto, not Rob-isa-lena-umar. Just Robby. It was like they went through all this trouble to pick out different names for their kids (although apparently - and I say apparently because I've never been there - in Puerto Rico, these three names are quite common). As I mentioned earlier, he'll be turning 24 on our trip: March 6. Lumar is very schedule oriented. He has to know where exactly we are going before we leave the house, and approximately how long we will be out. He hates it when I say "what do you want for dinner" because he knows that no matter what he says, I am going to tell him I don't want that, but then I won't be able to give him an answer as to what I want. Because in reality, I don't know until I get there. I have actually driven to restaurants and turned around in the parking lot and driven back to another place because I decided at the moment of arrival that I didn't actually want that anymore. I know, you all want to hurt me. However, Lumar is the kind of person that will tell me he's not hungry, and then suddenly 5 minutes later (when obtaining food is no longer convenient) he's starving. I guarantee you that this exact scenario will happen at least twice on this trip. If you don't believe me, please read my October TR.

Ok so these next few tidbits of information have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with my trip but I thought I would share anyway. When I began my LAST trip report, I was telling everyone about my two fur-babies, Alex and Scout (bunnies, naturally). Scout is an evil pet-store bunny, and Alex is an angel rescued bunny. Well, while us human folk were vacationing with Mickey in October, Alex and Scout stayed with the shelter's VP Brandee who is like my best friend in the world. When I came home to pick up my darlings, I had a surprise. Yep that's right....another bunny! Now, in Brandee's defense, this was MY idea. I had been wanting to get another one for a while and there was a bunny that had been born at the shelter last December, whom I named Flash. Flash is my favorite super-hero and this bunny would just run circles around the place at top speed for hours! He hardly ever gets tired and when he does, he stops to eat, and then starts running again. So for any comic book fans out there, you will see why the name is so fitting. So anyway, I had told her I wanted him and while I was gone, she made it happen. So here are my three babies (Alex is the tan one, Scout is the gray one, and Flash is the big white one)

Ok next completely random tid-bit. Yesterday morning, my mom, sister, and brother went out to get a Christmas Tree. 7 hours later, they came home from New York (we live in Connecticut, BTW) with a new puppy. I now know where I get my impulsive nature from. Only problem is that my mom didn't really plan this out very well. Number one, Lumar and I were quite offended that they all just up and left to NY to adopt a FAMILY pet, without (literally) half the family. Second, we have two other adult dogs already. Skyla, a golden retriever/chow mix, who is totally and completely afraid of everything (unless you're in front of my house for any reason, in which case she is Kujo), and Reilly who is a 9 year old Rottweiler who hates the world and basically everything in it. He is old, he has bad hips, and he has recently started, um, relieving himself, in the house when left alone. Oh yeah, and uh, we are putting up a CHRISTMAS TREE! Doesn't she know what puppies do to Christmas Trees? Yes! She does! Because this will be the 4th puppy that we have obtained during the Christmas season! Ok - so 12 week old Indiana has now joined our crew.

He's a Newfoundland, which means he's going to be about 140 lbs when fully grown. Did I mention that we also have 2 cats and SIX people living in our house? Plus the three bunnies, gives us a bonafide zoo.

And Leila, no you are not crazy. My OTHER puppy that I posted on your TR, Skippy, actually lives with my dad, along with Chaos, the boxer.

SOOO back to WDW. Now that you know all about my psychotic home life, I'll wish you luck on following me through the rest of this report.

The TI (Tentative Itinerary) is coming up tomorrow!

Last edited by Simba22; 11-19-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Subscribing! Lovin' the zoo!! I followed your link from Jordans TR. Can't wait to read more.
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #4
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Subscribing! Lovin' the zoo!! I followed your link from Jordans TR. Can't wait to read more.
Thanks for joining me!! It's always nice to meet new DISers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh
Okay...since I made such a stink...here I am.
Yay! I was seriously considering making a binder, just to make you proud. But I definitely do not have the will power to stick with it. I'm lucky I can get PTR's and TR's done! Making notes for these things while in WDW is hard work!

Last edited by Simba22; 12-02-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #5
Simba22
DIS Veteran

The Tentative Itinerary

So here is what I have scheduled so far.

Friday Feb 29: We are flying in early on Friday morning (I think our flight lands at MCO at like 10:40 in the morning) so we are planning to use DME to head right to POFQ and at least check in, even if the room isn't ready, and then spend the whole day at DTD and also walking around the resort. We never have enough time to spend doing either, so I picked an early flight just for this purpose. We have dinner reservations for 8pm at Planet Hollywood.

Saturday March 1: Today will be our first full day at Epcot! I’m planning to actually allow us to sleep until around 9am and get there around there around 10. Since we have two days at each park, I like to break them up into sections and do half of the park one day and the other half on our 2nd day. We have dinner reservations at 6:55 at Biergarten, which we have never been to before. Hopefully, we are not disappointed! My plan is actually to get everything in Future World done today, and head to World Showcase after that.

Sunday March 2: Today we hit up the Magic Kingdom, and start off with breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:20am. Hopefully they will be having SpectroMagic at night.

I just wanted to interject here, that my computer has been acting up, and I’m really hoping that’s it’s not preparing to bite the dust.

Monday March 3: Animal Kingdom Day!! We’re planning to split up this park like we did in December, and do Discovery Island and Africa today, then do Asia and Dinoland when we come back later in the week. If we have time today, we will also head down to Camp Minnie-Mickey for character meet & greets and maybe go see Festival of the Lion King again. We have dinner reservations back at POR at Boatwrights for 7:00pm, however I may change that to an earlier dinner at Yak & Yeti if I can. I’m going to try and call on my lunch break today to see if they are taking reservations. I read that they were going to start taking ressies today, December 3, but someone else said that it was changed, so we’ll see.

Tuesday March 4: Today we finally get to Disney Studios. I read on the rehabs list that Fantasmic is going to be worked on early in 2008. Hopefully it’s just a rehab to the theater and not changes to the show. Although a while back, Lumar and I saw plans for changes they were planning to make to the show itself, and although it was “just rumors” at the time, it was released along with the plans for the new Toy Story Mania ride, and since that has become a reality, I fear that the changes to Fantasmic may be happening as well. We have dinner scheduled at Mama Melrose’s for 5:20pm. Hopefully we’ll actually go through with it this time!

Wednesday March 5: It’s back to Animal Kingdom today. We’ll start off with breakfast at Boma at 8:40am, then head over to the park to finish off Asia and Dinoland, and then do repeats on the way out if we want to. We’ll probably grab a late lunch from Flame Tree BBQ, and then to DTD for dinner if we aren’t too tired.
Thursday March 6: Today will be Lumar’s 24th birthday so we are doing Disney Studios again since it’s his favorite park, and also we are going to the Pirate & Princess Party at 7:00pm. Hopefully I can meet Captain Jack this time, since he wasn’t out for MNSSHP like I thought he would be.

Friday March 7: Back to Epcot today, but first we have breakfast at Boatwrights at 8:20am. Since we should have done everything in Future World, we can spend most of the day in World Showcase, spending oodles of money. Dinner will be at San Angel Inn at 6:30pm

Saturday March 8: Today will be our last park day and, as always, we will be spending it at Magic Kingdom. I know that every guide book and travel agent will tell you to avoid MK on Saturday but we always leave on Sunday and we like spending our last night there. We have breakfast at Ohana at 8:30am and dinner at the Plaza Restaurant at 6:10pm

On Sunday, I chose a late returning flight so that we don’t have to rush in the morning to get out of our room. I know we have to be checked out by 11, which is fine, but I hate it when DME is coming to get you at 8am and you have to get up at 6 to make sure all of your last minute packing is done. So we’ll get up around 8 or 8:30, finish last minute packing (which hopefully will not be as chaotic as it was in October), use the airline check in at the resort so that we don’t have to worry about out luggage, and then head to DTD again after we check out. I believe our fight leaves around 6pm.

So that’s what I’ve got as of right now. But I have to get to work now, so I’ll get into some more details later
Old 12-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #6
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I hope my bad computer energy didn't make it to the East Coast.

Great itinerary.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I hope my bad computer energy didn't make it to the East Coast.
That's exactly what I thought of!! I don't know, it's weird. A couple of weeks ago, the whole thing would just randomly shut down, and when I tried to restart it, the little green light would turn on for a second and then turn off again. When I would finally get it to go back on again, (after 3 or 4 trieS) I would get some weird message about how it shut down previously due to internal heating errors or some crazy nonsense. I panicked and ran to Target to by those memory stick things and I transferred all of my pictures and all of my WDW info onto them, just in case the stupid thing crashed! Since then, of course, it's been fine. Then last night, the monitor started doing this weird flickering thing, and it was doing it earlier today as well. I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it seems to be doing OK now, but who knows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
Great itinerary.
Thanks! I'm really hope that the early arrival time and late departure time don't come back to bite us in the you know where. I'm kind of nervous about it!
Old 12-04-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Has anyone been to WDW in March that can tell me what the weather is generally like?

Also, just thought I'd let you know that I STILL have not called Disney Dining to change my ADRs to Yak & Yeti, and I still haven't added on the DDP either. Maybe we won't....after all of those CS credits we had left over in October, maybe it's not worth it to do it after all

Oh yes, and it's FINALLY Pirates 3 DAY!!!! I'm leaving right after work to the mall to go pick it up so I can drool over Capt Turner for the rest of the night!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Hey Ali! I am so jealous, but happy for you. I say if you can go, go all you can. Sounds like a great plan. Cept for the part where Nikki comes too!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Hey Ali! I am so jealous, but happy for you. I say if you can go, go all you can. Sounds like a great plan. Cept for the part where Nikki comes too!
lol you would probably make a better trip partner than Lumar! At least if I say "are you hungry" and you say no, I know that in 10 minutes you won't be stealing my food!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM   #11
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
lol you would probably make a better trip partner than Lumar! At least if I say "are you hungry" and you say no, I know that in 10 minutes you won't be stealing my food!
Nope, I wouldn't. Cause I'm always hungry, I'd just get my own. Can't we leave him???
Old 12-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #12
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILMICKEY View Post
Nope, I wouldn't. Cause I'm always hungry, I'd just get my own. Can't we leave him???
well, he is good to have along for comic relief. Maybe I can stow him at the kennel for the day. He'd have fun playing with everyone's dogs.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #13
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Got my first package from WDW today with our maps in it, and the little personalized guide that talks about the resort you're staying at! VERY Excited! I just realized that we need to get crackin' though because we have to pay off the balance by 01-15-08 and we still owe like $1800. Guess I better take care of that on Friday when we get paid, huh?

Last edited by Simba22; 12-11-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:49 PM   #14
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I'm going in Feb and have gotten jack.

Maybe I'll call my TA tomorrow.....
Old 12-11-2007, 04:29 AM   #15
ILMICKEY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Got my first package from WDW today with our maps in it, and the little personalized guide that talks about the resort you're staying at! VERY Excited! I just realized that we need to get crackin' though because we have to pay off the balance by 01-15-07 and we still owe like $1800. Guess I better take care of that on Friday when we get paid, huh?
Yep, better get that taken care of! Doesn't that seem like a whole lot of money?? I really wanted to win the trip every year for life! That would have been so great!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: