Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #121
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Loved your updates! You are so crazy going over to the Legendary years at night . I would be too scared, enjoyed your pics though. I love your pictures of all the Christmas decorations at the parks! I think I'm going to plan and early December or late November trip next year.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:01 PM   #122
whgrn
This is SOOOOOO not the life I signed up for!!

What I wouldn't give for a mother-daughter trip with DMom. But at 70, she is quite arthritic, so we'd both have to use WC or ECVs. Plus, she HATES the heat. Anything over about 82 just kills her--she gets really grumpy. This is a woman who wears capris in January in NJ!

So if I'm gonna ever do mother-daughter, it'll have to be with ME as the mother. Hmmm, think DD, who isn't big on rides to begin with, will ever want to go to Disney with me when she's all grown up big?

Wendy in NJ Me DD(17) DS(16) RIP my friend, you'll live forever in our hearrs

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #123
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

OK guys! I'm back from hiding and going to start my next section of the report after this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post
Great update Disneygirl and lots of great pics. I loved the story about Mickey and Pluto, that is cute. That was great that you were able to add your friend Sarah to the ressie and she was able to eat with you at Mama Melrose!!! I hope she gets to spend a few days with you!!!! Did she stay in your room? Can't wait to find out!
Thanks mommom! Yup! Sarah got to spend 3 days with us but she didnt stay with us... more stories about her visit coming up soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Yeah, another update, you are moving right along

You got a lot of great Character pics. That is a shame the photopass person messed up your photo with Pluto and Mickey....They must do that on person, to make sure you buy their photopass pic instead Can't wait to see them

I love how some of the characters are wearing Christmas attire

That is great you were able to add your friend to your ressie. I have never eaten at Mama Melrose and always hear mix reviews. I can;t wait to hear your review
My review of mama's is coming right up! I also got the photopass CD in the mail so I'll post a LOT of the pics at the very end of the whole report when I'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
disneygirlinnj - another great report and fabulous pix! Keep them coming and thanks for sharing!

BTW- I know the coffee is AWFUL! We always stay at the BW, so there's coffee makers in every room. I now pack 1pd.bags of Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks coffee to bring and make myself when I get up in the a.m. Don't know if Pop has coffee makers in room, but something to keep in mind for next time! (I've even read about people on these boards buying cheap little coffeemakers from Walmart and shipping them down to have in their room!)
I thought about bringing a coffee maker but it actually worked out somewhat ok with the cappucino and then finding real coffee in the parks. Hopefully by the time I go again in May (geez I should prob start another pre-trippie! haha!) for my friends wedding, they'll have real coffee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Hi! I've been reading your TR this morning - lovin' your great mother-daughter time! You had great timing - no lines! We tried Chefs on a whim last June as we were at Epcot with no ADRs - loved it! I will definitely repeat that one! Looking forward to your next update!

HI CAMMIE!
Thanks magicfor2!! Glad you found your way over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDisneylover View Post
Now I know this is a long shot, but you did say it was supposed to be from the "legendary years"? Could it possibly have something to do with the Beatles Yellow Submarine? Like I said, it's a long shot but that song was very popular not to mention the group is "legendary".
We actually thought the Yellow Sub too but hten realized that that would have been the 50s/60s and those are the Classic Years. Guess we'll just have to see if they do anything with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas_mickey View Post
maybe the subs are just being stored there from the old 20,000 leagues under the sea ride since the area is not being worked on at the time. Just a thought.
It was only that one sub sitting there and it's not the one from 20,000 Leagues. It was just weird!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigger536 View Post
Subs were used in WWII - so it could be for the 1940s section.

Great TR by the way. WDW is something my mom and I do together also - she is always who I go down there with. So its cool to ready about another mother daughter trip!
Ohhh...I didn't think of WWII! You might have the best guess so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Loved your updates! You are so crazy going over to the Legendary years at night . I would be too scared, enjoyed your pics though. I love your pictures of all the Christmas decorations at the parks! I think I'm going to plan and early December or late November trip next year.
Definitely go during Christmas time next time! I honestly think that I'm going to go around this time EVERY year from now on! It's AWESOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by whgrn View Post
What I wouldn't give for a mother-daughter trip with DMom. But at 70, she is quite arthritic, so we'd both have to use WC or ECVs. Plus, she HATES the heat. Anything over about 82 just kills her--she gets really grumpy. This is a woman who wears capris in January in NJ!

So if I'm gonna ever do mother-daughter, it'll have to be with ME as the mother. Hmmm, think DD, who isn't big on rides to begin with, will ever want to go to Disney with me when she's all grown up big?
January I hear isn't hot at all, even a little chilly so if anything, I say go around then. And you guys can have ECV races..haha! just kidding And I'll cross my fingers that your DD will definitely want to go with you when sh'es all grown up! My mom isn't really big on rides and she loves it!
Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM   #124
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Day 4 Part 2 ... more MGM fun!

So I last left you with mom and I leaving the Jedi Training to meet Sarah over at Mama Melrose for some food!

Mom and I headed over and told the hostesses that we had arrived and a few mins later Sarah came walking in the door. Yayyyy! So in another post I think I mentioned this (maybe?!) but Sarah and I actually met at Space Camp in Alabama. yup! We're both huge space dorks and love anything to do with NASA, space, etc. We were roomates and totally hit it off and got along great the minute we first met. We haven't seen each other since the alumni space camp reunion at the Space and Rocket Center in Alabama in August so we were excited to finally see each other again! She lives I think 80-ish miles from Disney and is also a Disney nut so what better place to meet? hehehe

Since my mom and I were on the dining plan and Sarah wasn't, we told the waiter and he was realllly nice and helpful and did everything he could to have us get the most free food possible and have Sarah pay the least amount of money possible too. Hm.... I think his name was Ken so look for him! First he brought out to our table the Artisan Breads and Spreads - freshly baked breads served with an arugula and chive pesto, sun-dried tomato, roasted vegetable and roasted garlic spreads. We LOVE bread and dipping oils so we were in heaven. This was also complimentary and so yummy!

For one of our appetizers we ordered the Bruschetta - marinated tomatoes served with crostini. This was yummy too! The tomatoes were perfectly marinated and the bread had melted parmesan cheese on them.

Finally the last appetizer we had was the fresh tomatoes and mozzarella.

These were good too, I think much better than the one you get at Tony's at the Magic Kingdom. The cheese was soft and creamy and the tomatoes and dressing was just right.

So now sadly this is where the excellence of the meal started going downhill. We're pretty picky about our Italian food and I was disappointed about the rest.

I ordered the chicken parm and didn't care for it at all. They either didn't drain the pasta completely or the sauce was watery so my meal was sitting in watery tomato liquid. The pasta was way too overcooked, the sauce just didn't seem 'right', and the chicken was a little burnt and dry.

Sorry for the blurry pic..

I still ate all of the chicken since I was hungry so it wasn't inedible.

Sarah had the pepperoni flat bread and said it was only so-so.

My mom somehow managed to get the winner of the meal though. she ordered the Wood-grilled Shrimp over pipette pasta tossed with artichokes, peas, peppers, sweet onions in a basil and four cheese cream sauce and it was GOOD!!! Since I don't like shrimp she ate it all and then let us eat the rest when she was done picking at it. The pasta was perfectly cooked and the vegetables and sauce were very tasty!

I wish I had known and I would have gotten that and just asked for grilled chicken instead!

Dessert was pretty decent too. For one, we had the warm chocolate truffle cake with raspberry sauce and liquid center. This was YUMMY! the outside was more 'cake' then I've had in the past with the 'lava cakes' but it was really good!

We also had the spumoni... vanilla, chocolate, and pistachio gelato. This was good too but the chocolate cake won in my book. Plus a nice cappucino... yum!

When we were finished we headed down sunset boulevard to grab fastpasses for either rock n rollercoaster or tower of terror. On the way though we saw one of the impromptu shows so we stopped to watch. They were great! They were trying to film a movie and picked a guy out of the audience to be the leading man. Every time the leading lady had to smack or hit him, they would bring in the 'stunt double' (another one of the actors). It was hillarious. The poor guy they dragged in the show was so shy!

stupid shadow... haha

I think all the fastpasses were already closed so we then headed over to the theatre to see the Harlem Gospel Choir. Some of the choir was outside trying to lure people into the theatre. Somewhere in the conversation, Sarah ended up being recruited for the choir....hehehe

So since we've been back I've been reading reviews of the choir and it seems that people were expecting something totally different. We were too I think. They were good, don't get me wrong, but maybe I was thinking of the Harlem Boys Choir? They sang a few Christmas themed gospel songs but then just started singing strictly gospel songs. After 20 mins we headed out (i think it's a 30 min show).

We headed over to Tower of Terror and the line didn't take long at all. Why have I never noticed the unfinished game of mah jhong being played?

I've always loved this ride and wish we went on it more than once! Next up? Rock n Roller Coaster! yayyyy!!!

About to be blasted off in the limo..

The line for the coaster was a little long then we had expected so we were running a little late to go see the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights. We headed over there as quickly as possible and caught the tail end of the last showing with the music. Oh! And did I mention it was snowing while we watched? It was awesome! The lights were mesmerizing and I wish we could have seen more!

After the lights finished we headed back to the hotel to drop off my mom (Sarah drove us so we didn't have to wait for the bus...niceee!!) and then she and I headed over to Raglan Road for a little snack (or full blown meal..haha) and a drink or two. This time we sat inside (with Evan we sat outside) and it was nice! I had never eaten here or saw the Irish dancer so it was cool. I had the shepards pie and it was decent...I've had better though!

We also split the bread pudding later (sorry no pic!) and that was awesome! Oh...we did have the worst bar waitress ever (we sat at the bar) and laughed as we watched her and the bar back just yell and ignore each other the whole night. Entertaining!

After a few drinks we decided to call it a night and planned to meet at Epcot the next morning.

Last edited by disneygirlinnj; 01-04-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #125
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Great update

I am sorru you didn't have a great meal at Mama Melrose. The appetizer looked reallly good, though...I love bread and bread with dipping sauce makes it doubly good.

I love RNRC....The take off is the best and the cool breeze as you are whipping around makes it so much better

I love TOT, the random drops makes the ride so much better...love the element of surprise.

Osborne lights look amazing. I have not seen them in years and hope to see them again soon...

Keep those great updates comeing.

Hope you and your Mom have a wonderful Holiday
Old 12-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #126
JoAnnPan
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your trip report...thanks for sharing!

Old 12-22-2007, 01:29 AM   #127
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Great update - I have to ask, what is on top of the shepherd's pie? I won't say what it looks like....
Old 12-22-2007, 09:59 AM   #128
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting again - I've been patiently waiting!

Your Osborne pix look amazing! Sorry to hear about the Mama Melrose's dinner - we haven't eaten there in years - have not heard good things about it lately. Can't seem to find a good TS meal in MGM anymore!

(back at 'ya, Tammie! )
Old 12-23-2007, 06:52 PM   #129
lovemyguys
Mouseketeer

I am loving this trip report!! I am 34 weeks pregnant with my 3rd son and I stayed up until midnight last night reading your report in bed. Fell asleep dreaming of Disney and FOOD! Can't wait for the next installment!
Old 12-24-2007, 11:47 AM   #130
meriann
Mouseketeer

Every time I read your reports I am SOOOOO jealeous that you are having SOOOO much fun!

All the food looks so yummy too. Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-24-2007, 06:39 PM   #131
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Great update

I am sorru you didn't have a great meal at Mama Melrose. The appetizer looked reallly good, though...I love bread and bread with dipping sauce makes it doubly good.

I love RNRC....The take off is the best and the cool breeze as you are whipping around makes it so much better

I love TOT, the random drops makes the ride so much better...love the element of surprise.

Osborne lights look amazing. I have not seen them in years and hope to see them again soon...

Keep those great updates comeing.

Hope you and your Mom have a wonderful Holiday
Thanks trentmom! Hope you and yours have a great holiday too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnnPan View Post
Really enjoying your trip report...thanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
Great update - I have to ask, what is on top of the shepherd's pie? I won't say what it looks like....
ha... hmm...honestly? I dunno! I just took it off and put it on the side! haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camster0307 View Post
Thanks for posting again - I've been patiently waiting!

Your Osborne pix look amazing! Sorry to hear about the Mama Melrose's dinner - we haven't eaten there in years - have not heard good things about it lately. Can't seem to find a good TS meal in MGM anymore!

(back at 'ya, Tammie! )
I think next I might try the Brown Derby again. we haven't eaten there in a long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyguys View Post
I am loving this trip report!! I am 34 weeks pregnant with my 3rd son and I stayed up until midnight last night reading your report in bed. Fell asleep dreaming of Disney and FOOD! Can't wait for the next installment!
Thanks!!! Glad I can help you dream sweetly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meriann View Post
Every time I read your reports I am SOOOOO jealeous that you are having SOOOO much fun!

All the food looks so yummy too. Keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks again meriann! Hopefully another piece of the report is coming up tonight!
Old 12-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #132
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

I just saw that another part of your report might be coming up soon.

Can't wait to see some more great pics
Old 12-24-2007, 07:28 PM   #133
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Great update DisneyGirl!!! Glad you and Sarah had a good time. Looks likeyou were all enjoying the food there, sorry your meal at Mama Melrose wasn't so hot, what a shame. It was nice of your waiter tho to get as much free stuff as possible so Sarah didn't have to buy much.

Will be waiting for your next update!!!

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Mom!

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 12-24-2007, 07:37 PM   #134
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

What a Great Trip Report! I'm really enjoying it!!

I love the picture of you as a little Girl at WDW in 1983--So Cute!!

Epcot has also grown on our Family--I think because my DS is Getting
older and he's getting more out of it.

We also got totally soaked on SM in the middle of the Day
and took quite awhile to dry because of the Humidity--we were there
in mid Sept.

All your food looked good!!

I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip--it's so nice that you could go with your Mom!!

I will be checking back for more updates!! Thanks
Old 12-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #135
byoung
You are keeping us alive

Yes I still love getting my fix here on the DIS daily

Nice report and pictures.

4/80 Offsite--11/87 FWC--11/90 CBR--5/99CBR--5/01 CR AS CBR--10/02 OKW DWL--12/03 OKW--6/04 Offsite--10/04 BCV POR--12/04 CSR--1/05 CBR--5/05 BWV POLY--6/05 Offsite--10/05 BWV Welcome Home--11/05 Offsite--12/05 CSR OKW--2,3/06 OKW--5/06 Pops VWL Offsite--10/06 POR BWV--12/06 BWV--2,3/07 Offsite--5/07 BWV POR CS--10/07 CB BWV--12/07 OKW--2/08 Offsite--5/08 ASM VWL--9/08 AKV--10/08 BWV--3/09 Offsite--5/09 OKW--10/09 BWV ASM--11/09 ASM--12/09 SS--5/10 VWL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: