Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #61
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

I didn't see any DIS'ers either!! Although I will say I was a slacker and didn't wear the alien green Mickey's towards the end of the trip. We kept losing them along the way! And I was definitely on the look out for them too! Glad you had an amazing time as well! Can't wait to read your trippie!!

I'll post a pic of the birds at Animal Kingdom as well. There was at LEAST 100 of them at AK. Everyone kept stopping and talking about them!
Old 12-10-2007, 03:33 PM   #62
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Love your trippie so far! The pics of you and your mom on your first trip are so cute! How did you like POP? Did you think the beds were hard like concrete? I have heard that they were and I booked a trip there but thinking of switching to ASMU. Waiting for more .
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #63
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaysmommie View Post
Love your trippie so far! The pics of you and your mom on your first trip are so cute! How did you like POP? Did you think the beds were hard like concrete? I have heard that they were and I booked a trip there but thinking of switching to ASMU. Waiting for more .
Thanks! We really liked Pop!! I don't think the beds were too hard at all! I slept great every night until my mom decided to wake up and start getting ready! Then she would just make way too much noise and I could never go back to sleep.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:27 PM   #64
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Wow....What a great start!!!

That ice looks a little scary on the window, but glad you flight was only half hr behind...That is awesome!!!

83 sounds nice right about now...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

You take great pics. You and you mom are so cute together. I love your silly pics.....You reminde me of myself and my mom.....silly and goofy, always having a good time

Kona cafe looks yummy. I have to put that on my list for my next trip

That Picture box in Pop had all the stuff from my childhood too....80s Rocked

I loved your Electrical Water Pageant Pics....That looks so pretty. Would love to see that sometime...

Can't wait to read what is next
Old 12-10-2007, 07:58 PM   #65
whgrn
This is SOOOOOO not the life I signed up for!!

Hey, fellow Jersey Girl! I'm loving your trippie! We missed MVMCP by 2 days (bummer) so I hope you ended up going.

Your pix of the parade are awesome! And dinner at Kona sounds yummy--I'll have to remember that next trip.

Can't wait to hear more!

BTW, I'm jealous of you "kids" whose childhoods were in the 80s. Heck, I was out of college in 82...

Wendy in NJ Me DD(17) DS(16) RIP my friend, you'll live forever in our hearrs

Old 12-10-2007, 08:06 PM   #66
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far, cant wait for more!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:18 PM   #67
katie26
Mouseketeer

Whoa, those pictures are amazing. You have a great eye!

(And ditto on the childhood flashback in that collage!)
Old 12-10-2007, 09:12 PM   #68
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA
This is a"Nice Cheap gift from Sharky"

Hi Disneygirlinnj, I too am a NJ girl, well I was born and raised there and have been in Louisiana the past 3 years and I miss Nj terribly! This warm weather, 80 degrees today, is nice but just not normal at the holidays!

I just love that you are taking your Mom on this trip. You are a great daughter. I too am like BFF with my DD, Sharky, subscribed to your thread also. We are going next October and I can't wait, though the rest of our families will be there as well I'm just happy to be with them and enjoy my DGS in Disney!!!

Great report so far!!!! Keep it up!

(1 Christmas Item Left for Good Luck)
Old 12-10-2007, 09:17 PM   #69
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
So little by little I'm getting there... just printed these out at work for mousekeeping (sorry for the fuzzy pic...it's from my cameraphone!)

The printers here can't print on envelopes so I'll just stick em on and try to make them pretty tomorrow.

Heading to the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree lighting today so that'll start getting me in the Christmas mood! Can't wait! Then after today it's all out Disney packing! YAY!
I love those for your envelopes for Mousekeeping, what a great idea! Don't forget to buy post card stamps, easier than trying to buy them at WDW, plus print out address stickers to those you are sending post cards to and take them with you!

Old 12-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #70
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Quote:
Ok guys... crashed and burned on the mousekeeping envelopes!!! But we're still going to use them.. I glued them on with Elmers (we ran out of the glue sticks I would usually use) and placed a book on top of all the envelopes so they can dry flat. WELLLLLL.... I guess my 1st grade experience was too long ago to remember but since the glue was wet...the water part of the glue seeped through to the envelope seal.... so when we took the book off...the envelopes were halfway sealed already! AHHH!!

Oh well... no harm done really. I pulled them apart as carefully as possible (I only ripped um....half of them? ) and I'll be taping them shut. They're probably going to throw the envelopes right out anyways!

I'll still take a pic of them though later to show the damage!

Oh and the covert operation to successfully 'acquire' alien green mickey heads went on without a hitch! There were only 13 though so I got all 13. No one was even around. I looked in the cabinet underneath and there was nothing there! BOOO!!!!

I've started the process of pulling clothes out of the closet. Yikes! Everything from the closet is piled on my bed as well as all necessary electrical objects (phone charger, ipod cable for my laptop, camera charger, camera USB, etc). All toiletries are out of the cabinets and drawers and just sitting on the bathroom floor. I still have to go through my dressers and pull out all those clothes but I'm getting there little by little. The jewelry I'm gonna take is out on the dresser (only the cheap stuff..haha!) and I might also have to go downstairs to storage and get the extra suitcase. Up here (we live in a condo) we have a big one and one that can be used as a carry on (but it'll be checked). I doubt both our clothes will fit in there so we might have to ditch the carry on and get the bigger one. The last thing I'll pack up is my laptop and the cord and I'll be set!

Oh...and print out my bible of information I've been accumulating since I started planning!

oh! njdisneyfreak... I got the templates for mousekeeping here... http://www.arwolff.com/heidi/ I had to resize them a little but they look good! And thanks for all the Pop advice!!!

Less than 48 hours!! YAYYYYYY!!!! In 2 days I'll be sitting down right now (hopefully) at Kona!

Oh... and can we all PLEASE PRAY that the snow that is supposed to hit NJ on Sunday morning either holds off until after 12pm or is light enough that there will be NOOOO delays?! GEEZ!
I prob already missed you, I haven't been paying attn to the dates of the posts but if not, just a little packing tip!!! Put half your clothes and half your Mom's in one piece of luggage and then the other half of yours and the other half of your mother's in the other piece. That way if a piece of your luggage gets lost you both have a few items to hold you over, happened to me last year and didn't find my luggage for over a month, had to buy everything new on vacation!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:20 PM   #71
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Great trip report so far Disneygirl. I'm loving your pictures and your report. I love you and your Mom together and hearing about the great time you are having together. That is so nice.Can't wait to read more!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 10:38 PM   #72
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Wow....What a great start!!!

That ice looks a little scary on the window, but glad you flight was only half hr behind...That is awesome!!!

83 sounds nice right about now...Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

You take great pics. You and you mom are so cute together. I love your silly pics.....You reminde me of myself and my mom.....silly and goofy, always having a good time

Kona cafe looks yummy. I have to put that on my list for my next trip

That Picture box in Pop had all the stuff from my childhood too....80s Rocked

I loved your Electrical Water Pageant Pics....That looks so pretty. Would love to see that sometime...

Can't wait to read what is next
Thanks! I wish it was 83 back here in Jersey too... this cold weather STINKS!

ahhhh...gotta love the 80s I swear I just stared at the box and it brought back SO MANY memories! You definitely should get over to see the Water Pageant! It's short and sweet but I love it! I don't really know why!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whgrn View Post
Hey, fellow Jersey Girl! I'm loving your trippie! We missed MVMCP by 2 days (bummer) so I hope you ended up going.

Your pix of the parade are awesome! And dinner at Kona sounds yummy--I'll have to remember that next trip.

Can't wait to hear more!

BTW, I'm jealous of you "kids" whose childhoods were in the 80s. Heck, I was out of college in 82...
Yay Jersey! MVMCP was pretty cool... I'll talk more about it when I get to it but I honestly don't know if you missed much. So don't worry! And hey...you got all that cool 70s stuff you can brag about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
Great TR so far, cant wait for more!
Thanks Nicole! Hopefully more tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie26 View Post
Whoa, those pictures are amazing. You have a great eye!

(And ditto on the childhood flashback in that collage!)
Thanks! There's a MILLION more pics after all those! I'm going to try putting as many in here as possible...even if it means making like 10 posts per day! (well maybe not THAT many...lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"][B]Hi Disneygirlinnj, I too am a NJ girl, well I was born and raised there and have been in Louisiana the past 3 years and I miss Nj terribly! This warm weather, 80 degrees today, is nice but just not normal at the holidays!

I just love that you are taking your Mom on this trip. You are a great daughter. I too am like BFF with my DD, Sharky, subscribed to your thread also. We are going next October and I can't wait, though the rest of our families will be there as well I'm just happy to be with them and enjoy my DGS in Disney!!!

Great report so far!!!! Keep it up! Great trip report so far Disneygirl. I'm loving your pictures and your report. I love you and your Mom together and hearing about the great time you are having together. That is so nice.Can't wait to read more!!!!
Thanks! I'm sad to be back! This cold weather stinks! And big trips with the whole fam are awesome! You guys are going to have an amazing time in October!

OK guys....so I finished uploading all of my Day 2 pics (150 made the final cut! yikes!). I'll try to start writing the report for it tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:43 PM   #73
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Thanks! I wish it was 83 back here in Jersey too... this cold weather STINKS!

ahhhh...gotta love the 80s I swear I just stared at the box and it brought back SO MANY memories! You definitely should get over to see the Water Pageant! It's short and sweet but I love it! I don't really know why!

Yay Jersey! MVMCP was pretty cool... I'll talk more about it when I get to it but I honestly don't know if you missed much. So don't worry! And hey...you got all that cool 70s stuff you can brag about!

Thanks Nicole! Hopefully more tomorrow!

Thanks! There's a MILLION more pics after all those! I'm going to try putting as many in here as possible...even if it means making like 10 posts per day! (well maybe not THAT many...lol)

Thanks! I'm sad to be back! This cold weather stinks! And big trips with the whole fam are awesome! You guys are going to have an amazing time in October!

OK guys....so I finished uploading all of my Day 2 pics (150 made the final cut! yikes!). I'll try to start writing the report for it tonight or tomorrow when I get a chance!
I love the 80s....atari, Cabbage Patch..ahhhhhh...those were the days

You are moving right along with your report!!

Keep it up
Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #74
Disneymommom
THE REAL DIS MAMA

Can't wait Disneygirl!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #75
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Day 2 Part 1....the Magic Kingdom!! yayyyyy!!

Ok everyone... please go pop a bowl of popcorn or grab some chips and dip and sit back, relax, and enjoy Day 2! This is definitely going to be a multi post b/c well.... I have 150 pics from that day and like a lot of em...hehehehe

Ahh...I last left off with Evan and I leaving Pleasure Island at midnight-ish and that we stumbled upon a bunch of birds passed out in a tree... well here they are!

We quickly jumped on a bus back to Pop and I was in bed and passed out within probably 10 minutes.

So... the next morning started out pretty uneventful...woke up around 7-ish and remembered that I never asked for a Mickey wakeup call! Sadly I'd forget every single other day this week too except for our very last morning! ha!
Headed to the cafeteria around 8am and wandered around to see what they have. Both mom and I had our eyes on the omelettes so we ordered em up!

I got cheese and ham, mom just got cheese and we ordered a few biscuits to go with it... biscuits were YUMMMMY!!! They became a staple breakfast food the rest of the week..mmmm! The omelette was really good too! Perfect amount of filling and not runny at all (I gag with runny eggs...bleh!). The potatoes it came with were very good too!

Ah yes.. I almost forgot to mention the coffee situation. I had read on here that the Nescafe stuff they serve is pretty horrendous. Well? It was. Like BAD! I attempted a cup this morning but honestly couldn't get 1/4 of the way through without chucking it and just sticking to water. So sad.... I usually LOVE my coffee in the morning! <sniff!>

We finished up eating and headed outside to the buses and what do you know...there's a MK bus waiting for us! woot! woot! We jump on board and we're off to the happiest place on earth! Let the vacation officially begin!!!

Not the best pic of the railroad station but I loved how blue the sky looks! Perfect weather today!

Oh I think I had mentioned in my pre-trip that we were going to get a wheelchair for mom cause of her heart problems. Yeah well... we attempted it and mom nixed that idea within like 5 minutes. Way too many people she said and she hated it. So we just took our time going through everything!
We saw a photopass photographer and stopped to take a pic with the castle. A little word of advice...DON'T go to the first photopass photographer you see on main street! There's a photorapher like every 20 feet all the way up to the Partners statue and that's where you'll get the best pics! The lines aren't even long when you get closer b/c no one knows they're there! So after taking a pic with the first guy (the pic came out crappy too so not even gonna post it!) we meandered our way down enjoying the Christmas decorations and window shopping a little bit. Some of the Main Street entertainment was out (I honestly don't know if they have an official name) so we stopped and watched for a bit).

When we got pretty close to the castle we grabbed another photopass guy and had him snap a pic for us and that came out MUCH better! Also..take as MANY pics with them as possible b/c most of the time, I hate to say, but these guys aren't trained in photography and are just given a camera and told to shoot anything. So if you take a lot of pics with them...chances are you'll get some decent ones!

We didn't really have a set schedule for the day. The only things we HAD to do was the Captain Jack Pirate Tutorial (I was on the lookout for the extremely good looking Jack..hehehe), Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and um.... honestly that's about the only requirements!!! Everything else we were going to just play by ear and see what happened.

For some reason the Captain Jack Tutorial wasn't on the times sheets that they give out at the entrances. We later found out the MK wanted to keep it somewhat of a 'secret' BUT yet... they put the times on the main time board?! The cast member standing there didn't get it either. I believe the first show was around 10:15 so we had a little bit of time to kill. Walked our way into Adventureland and looked around the Pirates store for a bit.

Of course...when you're in the Pirate store...everyone MUST take the obligatory Pirate shot!

Who's the guy you ask? Well? I honestly have NO clue! I was taking my solo photo and he just jumped in the pic with me! Him and his family were great though so maybe if he's on here...HIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

oops...forgot to hide my tag this time.. I'm a rent-a-pirate..lol

Headed back outside at 10:15 to the little plaza area and there was a crowd forming. My mom spotted Mack making his way over and the show began! The guy that played Mack today was pretty hillarious. Jack was good too but after seeing it again later on the week...this Jack was definitely not as into it as some other guys. Maybe it was too early in the morning? Still a cute show... get ready for some pics everyone!

haha..that last pic was hilarious... I honestly didn't even see Mack coming up to me and out of nowhere he popped up in my camera and was screaming 'hellooooo!??! anyone in there?!!?!? can you see me?!?!?!' I'm surprised they were in focus cause I was laughing so hard!

The kids they chose for the show were adorable. They were all so shy and timid and the comments that Mack and Jack were making had the whole crowd rolling.

So after the show was over of course we headed to Pirates so I can see all the new changes they made...and we loved it! Shhhh.....don't tell anyone but I think I might be the only person on this planet that has not seen ANY of the Pirates movies! EEEK!!! I've now officially become a huge Jack Sparrow fan though so this weekend I'm having a marathon! I was even tempted to buy the DVD's in the store and watch them back in the room on my laptop.

The animatronic version of Jack...

and another one of my fave parts of the ride..

When we got off we saw there was a 50 minute wait for the Jungle cruise so we grabbed some fastpasses and then decided to suffer through the horribly annoying song at the Enchanted Tiki Room!

I really don't remember what the original attraction was like since my father used to REFUSE to go on it. I remember the song, that's about it. The new version wasn't toooooo bad, but I'd only go on again if I was waiting for a fastpass time to come up!

We still had some more time so we wandered around adventureland a little more and saw a line forming and noticed that Aladdin and Jasmine were at the character spot! yayyyyyy!!! our first character meeting! Just waiting in line and watching them interact with all the little kids was sooo cute! Especially the little girls that were dressed like Jasmine!

Then it was our turn! When we got up they started chatting with us and honestly my mom can BS through anything! Aladdin asked where we were from and then if NJ was anywhere near Agrabah. We all decided to visit each other when we were done with the vacation.

After that we started walking but wait...what's that I smell?! Do I smell pineapples?!?! OHHHH I DOOOO!!!

SO SO good! I could drink/eat these alllll day!

Finally it was time for the Jungle Cruise and we BREEEZED through the stand-by line and hardly even stopped to load the boats. I LOVE FASTPASS! hahaha!

I didn't really get that many great shots from the ride just b/c it was hard to take them and most of the good stuff was on the right side of the boat!

There was a slight hold up towards the end of the ride and our skipper kept joking that they didn't give her enough corny jokes to hold us over. The two skippers in front of us though decided to start singing at the top of their lungs 'In the Jungle...the lion sleeps tonight!!!' or whatever the song is and had all the boats around them laughing! Our skipper refused to sing! AHHH! Oh well!

After leaving our boat and wandering some more, I spied with my little eye Captain Hook and Mr. Smee! Now we had said we're not waiting on any character lines that had more than like 5 or 6 people and actually lucked out most of the week!

FINALLY we forced our way out of adventureland and straight into frontierland...

We attempted to take a pic of mom in front of Splash Mountain but the mist got the best of her and she opted out of the pic! I kept joking she wasn't going to melt like the wicked witch... unless she forgot to tell me something and hides the green skin pretty well.

Ok...I think I've reached my 25 pic limit (geez! and we only did one land at the MK! YIKES!)! Up next?! Frontierland and Liberty Square!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: