Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2007, 09:45 AM   #31
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

There's nothing like Xmas in New York (of course, I'm missing Xmas in New York for a day for WDW, so maybe there is).
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 11-29-2007, 09:59 AM   #32
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
There's nothing like Xmas in New York (of course, I'm missing Xmas in New York for a day for WDW, so maybe there is).
I'd take Christmas at Disney ANY day over Christmas in NY. Maybe I'm just tired of the NYC Christmas though? After yesterday I think I'm done with the city until after New Years! The crowds DRIVE ME INSANE!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #33
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Great pics!Thanks for sharing! The tree looked gorgeous! (And so did Nick Lache)
Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 AM   #34
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessreilly View Post
Great pics!Thanks for sharing! The tree looked gorgeous! (And so did Nick Lache)
Oh he did I was trying to figure out how to kidnap him but there were way too many big bodyguards around. That and my step brother refused to drive the getaway car
Old 11-29-2007, 01:30 PM   #35
TKDisneylover
LOVES Sorcerer Mickey! Loves riding Spaceship Earth. Wants you to have a Zip A Dee Doo Dah, Zip A Dee Day....

I finally made over to your pre-trippie!! Hola!

We will be at EPCOT on your Day 5. And we will be at MGM on your Day 6 if you choose that park for that day.

I had originally picked those same designs for the Mousekeeping envelopes, but for some reason no matter how I tried to print them they came out the size of a quarter, go figure?!

Hopefully we will have the same luck with the buses as you, according to everything I have read the AKL buses only service AKL.

MMmm, Mojitos! And they go good with tequila! Maybe we will have to swing over to POP and have one! But maybe I will get lucky and Mexico will make them in World Showcase.

I just wanted to say I think it's great that your taking your mom for this trip. I'm sure the both of you are going to have a wonderful time. And how cool to have a friend that your hooking up with also. I cannot wait to see my friends when we arrive at MGM and meet up with them! This will actually be a first for us to arrive at MCO early and be able to hit the parks right away. We always waited until the following day and started at Magic Kingdom. That will also be weird as we are not hitting MK until our 4th day, it will be a test to see if I can wait that long to see the Castle!

Have a great time! I'll be looking for your Lime Green Mickey Heads!!

POP Century-2008; Animal Kingdom Lodge-2007; Caribbean Beach-2004; Off grounds-2002 (never again); Port Orleans (Dixie Landings)-2001; All-Star Movies-1999; All-Star Sports-1998
Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 PM   #36
princessreilly
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Oh he did I was trying to figure out how to kidnap him but there were way too many big bodyguards around. That and my step brother refused to drive the getaway car
Old 11-29-2007, 11:31 PM   #37
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Oh My...How did I Miss those pics...

I love Nick Lachey

Those pics were awesome and the tree was gorgeous.

Those were pics were great, how close were you?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:33 AM   #38
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDisneylover View Post
I finally made over to your pre-trippie!! Hola!

We will be at EPCOT on your Day 5. And we will be at MGM on your Day 6 if you choose that park for that day.

I had originally picked those same designs for the Mousekeeping envelopes, but for some reason no matter how I tried to print them they came out the size of a quarter, go figure?!

Hopefully we will have the same luck with the buses as you, according to everything I have read the AKL buses only service AKL.

MMmm, Mojitos! And they go good with tequila! Maybe we will have to swing over to POP and have one! But maybe I will get lucky and Mexico will make them in World Showcase.

I just wanted to say I think it's great that your taking your mom for this trip. I'm sure the both of you are going to have a wonderful time. And how cool to have a friend that your hooking up with also. I cannot wait to see my friends when we arrive at MGM and meet up with them! This will actually be a first for us to arrive at MCO early and be able to hit the parks right away. We always waited until the following day and started at Magic Kingdom. That will also be weird as we are not hitting MK until our 4th day, it will be a test to see if I can wait that long to see the Castle!

Have a great time! I'll be looking for your Lime Green Mickey Heads!!
Welcome over here! It's turning into a fun crowd! I'll keep an eye out for ya... like I said... alien green mickey heads..

and getting those mousekeeping pictures bigger was a bit of a pain. They're a little blurry but I figured it doesn't really matter!

I'm hoping Mexico will have some good tequila. On the agenda is a tentative Drinking Around the World

if you can't stand not being able to see the castle..just head to one of the MK hotels and view from afar it'll make it that much more mystical and magical..haha!

Yeah, I definitely can't wait to get my mom down there! Thanks! Although ask me again how I feel about the situation halfway in or after the trip is over. You might hear on the news how a daughter stranded her mother at Disney b/c she was driving her daughter CRAZY!!! She's already started..haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Oh My...How did I Miss those pics...

I love Nick Lachey

Those pics were awesome and the tree was gorgeous.

Those were pics were great, how close were you?
Thanks! It was beautiful! We were really close during the live show. I have family that luckily works there so we got to have passes to walk around wherever we wanted. During the live show we were right on street level against the wall by the flagpoles looking down at the ice. It was great!

Oh...I will be updating tonight! I promise! But right now work has been freakin insane!! Trying to get all of this stuff finished before I leave! YIKES!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:03 PM   #39
njdisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

I have now gotten caught up with your pre-trip report! Great photos, especially of the NYC tree lighting. We've never gone, but one of my co-workers is also part of a band that often plays and sometimes is featured on tv down there. I can't believe how close you got!

Did you get the green Mickey ears, yet? I hope you run into other DISers. How cool would that be?

I absolutely loved your envelope designs. I'm sure your mousekeeper will appreciate the effort. Did you just use clipart to make those, because they look really good!

We've stayed at POP before and absolutely loved it! It's so affordable, and they gave me the room area I wanted, right in front of Lady from Lady and the Tramp. When I opened our room door, she was right there! We really liked the food in their food court, so you will definitely have some great choices, whenever you eat at your resort. Dinners are especially good. The arcade is cool, too! We went several times on our last trip. We loved swimming there. We used the bowling pin pool, since it was closer and also less crowded than the flowery one. The pools are all heated during this time of the year, so the water is maintained in the 70s. So, you should definitely be able to go swimming! Wait until you get to the lobby. They have the coolest display cases of all the decades and it's fun to go to the areas of your childhood and laugh over things you used to use or see. Make time to take pics of the resort. We didn't take nearly enough, and that was our one regret. You're going to have so much fun!

BACK FROM MY TRIP OF A MILLION DREAMS (tons of pics) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post22441592
A DECEMBER TO REMEMBER (with "A LOT" of pics!!!)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post29895173
SO THEY WANT US TO CELEBRATE?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post31256577
Old 11-30-2007, 05:50 PM   #40
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Ok guys... crashed and burned on the mousekeeping envelopes!!! But we're still going to use them.. I glued them on with Elmers (we ran out of the glue sticks I would usually use) and placed a book on top of all the envelopes so they can dry flat. WELLLLLL.... I guess my 1st grade experience was too long ago to remember but since the glue was wet...the water part of the glue seeped through to the envelope seal.... so when we took the book off...the envelopes were halfway sealed already! AHHH!!

Oh well... no harm done really. I pulled them apart as carefully as possible (I only ripped um....half of them? ) and I'll be taping them shut. They're probably going to throw the envelopes right out anyways!

I'll still take a pic of them though later to show the damage!

Oh and the covert operation to successfully 'acquire' alien green mickey heads went on without a hitch! There were only 13 though so I got all 13. No one was even around. I looked in the cabinet underneath and there was nothing there! BOOO!!!!

I've started the process of pulling clothes out of the closet. Yikes! Everything from the closet is piled on my bed as well as all necessary electrical objects (phone charger, ipod cable for my laptop, camera charger, camera USB, etc). All toiletries are out of the cabinets and drawers and just sitting on the bathroom floor. I still have to go through my dressers and pull out all those clothes but I'm getting there little by little. The jewelry I'm gonna take is out on the dresser (only the cheap stuff..haha!) and I might also have to go downstairs to storage and get the extra suitcase. Up here (we live in a condo) we have a big one and one that can be used as a carry on (but it'll be checked). I doubt both our clothes will fit in there so we might have to ditch the carry on and get the bigger one. The last thing I'll pack up is my laptop and the cord and I'll be set!

Oh...and print out my bible of information I've been accumulating since I started planning!

oh! njdisneyfreak... I got the templates for mousekeeping here... http://www.arwolff.com/heidi/ I had to resize them a little but they look good! And thanks for all the Pop advice!!!

Less than 48 hours!! YAYYYYYY!!!! In 2 days I'll be sitting down right now (hopefully) at Kona!

Oh... and can we all PLEASE PRAY that the snow that is supposed to hit NJ on Sunday morning either holds off until after 12pm or is light enough that there will be NOOOO delays?! GEEZ!
Old 11-30-2007, 06:54 PM   #41
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

I will chat the no snow chant for you.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 11-30-2007, 08:07 PM   #42
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

NO SNOW

NO SNOW

NO SNOW

NO SNOW

Old 12-01-2007, 07:11 AM   #43
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

TOMORROW TOMORROW TOMORROW!!!!! Wohooo your leaving for Disney Tomorrow!!

I hope the snow doesn't hit you guys. Delays are no fun at all, specially when your heading ON vacation.

Have a great time and take lots and lots of pictures! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!

PS: Love your pics from the tree lighting. I can't believe how close you were! Lucky lucky you!!!

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Old 12-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #44
njdisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

You'll be there in less than 24 hours!!!

I will definitely pray for you to get there without being affected by the snow. Are you leaving out of Newark? They are notorious for their delays. Get there super early, if you can.

I'm glad you said what you did about the glue, because you reminded me that I should use a glue stick for mine.

Have a great trip!

BACK FROM MY TRIP OF A MILLION DREAMS (tons of pics) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post22441592
A DECEMBER TO REMEMBER (with "A LOT" of pics!!!)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post29895173
SO THEY WANT US TO CELEBRATE?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post31256577
Old 12-01-2007, 06:04 PM   #45
Trentmom
Has a high Poodar

Hope you have a magical time and that you don;t experience any delays tomororw

Take a ton of pics!!!!!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: