Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2007, 09:27 PM   #136
GusT
Mouseketeer

I am so subscribing! I just read this entire thing at work and loved it, your pics are great!!

Old 12-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #137
Shir Kahn
DIS Veteran

Subscribing! Great trip report and wonderful food pics. I love reading through trip reports with all sorts of pictures to show what the food looks like, rather than descriptions. Giving us lots of ideas for our March trip!
Register to remove

Old 12-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #138
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Part 1... Epcot again but with some company! :) (Future world to China)

ahh so I'm watching the Holiday special on the travel channel about disney world so I got a little motivated to continue on with my report!! Side note though....does anyone else REALLY want Samantha Brown's job?! She's got the best job everrrr!

First... I want to say thank you to everyone for reading!!! I just quickly checked and there's a LOT of new faces over here! HIIIIII EVERYONEEEEEEEE! hehe... ok...so let me stop babbling.. oh...and there will be LOTTTS of pics for today, which means a lot of pieces of the report! My friends Sarah and Holly are crazy picture people too and they came along with us for the day.

I'm also realllly far behind on reading everyone elses reports! It's been crazy at work and that's usually when I catch up! I will soon! (i hope!)

So lets see... we already did 1 day at the MK, 1 day at Epcot, 1 day at MGM, and omg... we're already on our 2nd and final day at Epcot! Boooo!

Since I had a brain fart on the first adventure to Epcot and told my mom that we'd go back to take pics with the characters when the line is less than a half hour (FYI.... IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! HAHA), that was the first thing we did since we wanted pics with MICKEY!!! Luckily, we got there right at 9am and walked right to the character spot and omg! 5 minute wait! WOOHOOO! Happy dance! First up? The Big Cheese! I was a dork and wanted one with him by myself...and then mom jumped in later for a group shot.

Next in line? Pluto!

and Ms. Mouse

our favorite chipmunks..

and then goofy tried to knock me over... haha

As we were finishing up, Sarah called to say she just came into the park so we met up and decided to get Mission Space and Test Track over with! There was no line for Mission Space so we headed over to Test Track to get fast passes. For some reason it was shut down but they were still handing out passes for when it was fixed/opened. We plopped mom down (well I think she might have went on a mission to find her Mickey ice cream...did I mention she was addicted?! I think we used all our snack credits on those things!) and headed over to Mission: Space.

And again....please remember that Sarah and I are space/NASA DORKS! Seriously. Oh! Today was the day that the space shuttle was supposed to launch but of course when I woke up I already had a text message from Sarah that it had been scrubbed until the next day. OK..back to Mission Space....

Oh...and Sarah has a slight obsession with Apollo 12....this is where it landed on the moon..haha

All strapped in and ready to go!

oh...and I know I've mentioned we're dorks before... lol

So after a little shopping for a cute space shirt (you'll see it on our last day at the MK! haha) we headed over to find mom and see if test track was open. Found mom and saw that the ride was back in business so we left mom again (no, I dont think she went to go get another ice cream..haha) and jumped on Test Track with nooo line! YAYYY!! This is another one of those rides where I don't think it's worth waiting on a long line for so this was perfect!

Since we were on that side of the park, we decided to start making our way through the countries and get some passports!!! First on today's world tour? Mexico!

and we tried on some merchandise..

Sarah with the mini one..

and mom joined in on the dorkiness..

we jumped on Rio del Tiempo and while it's better than the old version...this one was still a little dull...

After the ride we had our passports signed and then headed outside and I smelled churros!! I have been addicted to Disney's churros ever since I was kid. They're SOOOO GOOD and I honestly haven't found ones that I like as much. So I ran over to buy one and Sarah's friend Holly called her saying she had just gotten into the park as well and was heading over by us. We've both heard so much about each other so we finally get to meet! yayyy!

Holly appeared almost instantly after Sarah hung up the phone and as we walked past the margarita stand, it was instantly agreed that the drinking around the world must begin!!! I bought the rainbow, Sarah the original (I think), and Holly got the green apple...mmmm!!

We then headed into Norway so we can all smell the perfume Laila (I have a bottle from a previous trip...love it!), play with the viking stuff, pick up some of my favorite ginger snaps, and ride Maelstrom! Oh...and get our passports signed! (Holly picked one up in Norway)

what...you've never seen a girl with viking horns drink a margarita?!

possibly my favorite picture of the day...

I hate to ask...but do people actually buy any of the hats and stuff for sale at the countries?! After awhile we felt bad just putting them on for pictures! haha!

After all riding Maelstrom, we continued on our journey. Oh...no drinks in Norway...I think we were still working on the margaritas.

Next on the tour? China...

and we stopped to listen to some of the Chinese holiday traditions..

since we finished the margaritas we just had to try some plum wine! I thought it was a tad too sweet but it wasn't a big glass so it was tasty..

as we headed into the 360 movie, we saw Mulan hanging out by herself so we grabbed a few shots..

we walked around inside for a bit admiring the terracotta warriors, etc and then headed into to watch the movie. wandering around the store was fun too

After getting our passports signed and learning what animal we are according to the year we were born (I'm the year of the monkey), we wandered around a little more.

Ooops! I'm also out of picture room.... continuing on to the next part!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:05 PM   #139
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Can't wait for more.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 12-26-2007, 07:39 PM   #140
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Part 2... Epcot again but with some company! :) (Germany to dinner!)

After finishing up in China we headed over to Germany and Snow White and Dopey were just walking out to say hello to everyone..

I used all my willpower not to buy every bag of Haribo gummybears in the candy store. I can find them everywhere at home so that was the only reason I didn't get any! Last September some friends and I went to Munich for Oktoberfest so when I saw they had Spaten beer, I was in heaven! Too bad my mom isn't a big German food fan or I definitely would have dragged her to the restaurant!

and I think the donkey was thirsty too..

Heading over to Italy there was a street performer starting his routine so we stopped to watch and laugh for a bit. This guy was pretty funny! He was a mime (I'm assuming...lol..he didn't talk!) and did a big juggling act and got some of the audience (including Sarah!) into the act.

Heading over to the US, I mentioned that I REALLLY wanted to see the Voiced of Liberty again and Holly chimed in how amazing they are. Sarah (!) then mentioned she had NEVER. SEEN. THEM. BEFORE!! and she LIVES in Florida and has a season pass!!!! OMG! Holly and i must have looked at her like she had 5 heads. So off we went to go see them so that Sarah wasn't exiled.

Again, they were amazing! They sang a few of the same songs from the first time that week but some were different.

this lady was amazing so after the show we went up to say hello. the lead guy (conductor? i'm so bad with these things!) also mentioned that she has an album out? I have to go check out their website!

oh..when we were talking to him, he recognized us from the beginning of the week and welcomed us back. that's where we mentioned that sarah, the florida girl, had never seen them before. he pretended to get all offended and told her to leave immediately. haha. it was cute. We didn't want to see the American Adventure so we wandered around the exhibit for a little bit.

Hey look...a space painting!

and checking out abe lincolns hat and mirror..

We finished up with the dorky pictures and headed over to Japan to wander the store a little bit and check things out..

Sarah grabbed some sake and I pretended to be a samurai warrior..

We then headed to france and grabbed grand mariner and grey goose slushies..

By then mom was getting a little tired keeping up with us and we only had a few more countries to get our passports stamped in so we left mom to relax on a bench and people watch while we went to travel the rest of the world.

We headed over to the UK and enjoyed a little bit of Off Kilter

and then a quick skip and jump to Canada for a stamp in the passports!

Ran back to the UK for a trip in the phone booth

and a little hopscotch!

oh..and if you couldn't tell, Sarah and I needed a cider and Guinness to top off our trip around the world...mmmm!!

heading back we also saw Alice hanging out for a bit. when we got up to her Sarah tried to shrink down to her size and Alice got all offended.. lol

After a quick shot we ran back over to my mom since it was time for dinner at Teppan Edo! Sarah and Holly weren't able to get reservations with us (which I don't get b/c our table had 3 empty seats but...oh well) but they had reservations at Nine Dragons instead.

Mom and I checked in quickly and hung out until our name was called. Everyone there was VERY polite and bowed every time they came or went. I read a few reports where people found this annoying but we didn't mind it at all. In Japanese culture, it is customary and a sign of respect to bow to others so they are only showing everyone courtesy.

The restaurant is beautiful...very modern and the colors look great

OK...review of the restaurant and the rest of the night in Part 3!!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #141
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
I just saw that another part of your report might be coming up soon.

Can't wait to see some more great pics
Hope you enjoy the new updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymommom View Post
Great update DisneyGirl!!! Glad you and Sarah had a good time. Looks likeyou were all enjoying the food there, sorry your meal at Mama Melrose wasn't so hot, what a shame. It was nice of your waiter tho to get as much free stuff as possible so Sarah didn't have to buy much.

Will be waiting for your next update!!!

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Mom!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your fam too! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMCO View Post
What a Great Trip Report! I'm really enjoying it!!

I love the picture of you as a little Girl at WDW in 1983--So Cute!!

Epcot has also grown on our Family--I think because my DS is Getting
older and he's getting more out of it.

We also got totally soaked on SM in the middle of the Day
and took quite awhile to dry because of the Humidity--we were there
in mid Sept.

All your food looked good!!

I'm glad you had an enjoyable trip--it's so nice that you could go with your Mom!!

I will be checking back for more updates!! Thanks
Thanks SGMCO!! I've now learned not to assume that you won't get wet on Splash Mountain! Ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by byoung View Post
Nice report and pictures.
Thanks byoung!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusT View Post
I am so subscribing! I just read this entire thing at work and loved it, your pics are great!!
Glad you made it over here GusT! Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
Subscribing! Great trip report and wonderful food pics. I love reading through trip reports with all sorts of pictures to show what the food looks like, rather than descriptions. Giving us lots of ideas for our March trip!
I've always loved food pics too and I LOOVEEE reading food reports! haha! Hope you have a great trip in March!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #142
whgrn
This is SOOOOOO not the life I signed up for!!

OOOOHHH, I just LOVE Off Kilter! Any time I see a man in a kilt, I just melt! I am going to Scotland next summer (I've only dreamed of this trip for 25 years!!!) and I'm gonna be in HEAVEN! Little ole me, surrounded by men in kilts? I may not be held responsible for my behavior!! Tee hee!! Oh, but wait, I'm going with MOM AND DAD!!(and DSis), so I will have to behave. Bummer!

Wendy in NJ Me DD(17) DS(16) RIP my friend, you'll live forever in our hearrs

Old 12-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #143
LeeLee2U
DIS Veteran

LOVE the updates. I love the pics of you and Sarahe specially the ones of ya'll being goofy. You can see ya'll are great friends and then for your Mom to get in on the act!! No wonder you wanted to go on this trip with her!!
Oh yeah and I wanted to say I'm so glad you gave that Donkey a drink. It would've been horrible to just have let him get dehydrated!!!!!

OFFICIAL DISLAND DIRECTOR OF INSPIRATION

Wish Trippers Unite home Page
"Those that mind don't matter. Those that matter don't mind." Dr.SEUSS

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth. PSALM 121:1-2

Please Don't Take Your Organs to Heaven.
Heaven Knows We Need Them Here!
Old 12-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #144
kaysmommie
DIS Veteran

Loved your Epcot update! great pics too. BTW there is a phone booth upstairs in Canada too. Looks like you had a blast in WS. Waiting for the rest of your Epcot day.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #145
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Day 5 Part 3... finishing up Epcot and the Candelight Processional!

Wow, I might actually finish a whole day's trip report in under 24 hours? Impressive!

So I left off with dinner at Teppan Edo.... Sadly I also didn't take TOO many photos of the food because it kept coming out as we were already eating (like most hibachi places!) and I was STARVING! hehehe...

For appetizers we started off with the vegetable croquettes and the garden salad with ginger dressing...

it came in this cute little package...

My fathers good friend owns a great Japanese restaurant in our area and we always get these too. We both reallllly liked them! It's almost a mashed potato consistency with corn, peas, and I think carrots inside? The sauce definitely is yummy too!

The salad was HUGE and yummy! None of that salad in a tiny little bowl with only iceberg lettuce. The dressing was delicious.. but I also love ANYTHING with ginger in it. haha!

The whole time during dinner we were talking with the people at our table as well. It was a couple from Oregon and one of their best friends, who's husband was flying in that night to finish off the vacation. The couple had just bought a summer house down here and were finishing up decorating. They were the nicest trio! It helped make the dinner go by so quickly!

Here's where the photos stop...sorry guys!!

I had the filet mignon and my mother had the shrimp. They each came with white rice, noodles, and vegetables. It was asked if we can get fried rice, and they don't serve it at all. Someone else mentioned that it's probably because fried rice is a Chinese dish? I don't usually eat fried rice so it didn't bother me!

Our chef was great! For the first time ever, we had a female chef. We actually saw a few of them around the restaurant. She cooked everything perfectly and made sure that we all wanted the ingredients she was putting in. There was no fire volcano though like at most hibachi place so I'm not sure if they aren't allowed to do it here (we didn't see it at all from any chef) or if the chefs just aren't that trained yet? haha! She did do all of the other normal tricks though and was entertaining! There was a slight language barrier when we tried to have a 'normal' conversation with her but when we talked about the food she didn't have a problem at all. We were trying to find out how long the training is to become a chef and we THINK it's a few months! haha!

We did get a little Mt. Fuji though..

The food itself was very tasty. My steak was cooked perfectly and was nicely seasoned. My mom enjoyed her shrimp too. I wouldn't go as far as to say this was the best hibachi place I've ever eaten at, but I will say I think it's better than the original one that used to be here.

For dessert I honestly couldn't eat ANYTHING so my mom ordered I think chocolate ice cream (i'm mad I didn't take pics b/c now I can't remember!) and I offered my dessert up to the trio we were sitting with. As long as I promised to try some, they said they wanted to try the chocolate ginger cake. I tried a few bites but couldn't really taste the ginger? It was ok but nothing I needed to finish!

Both of our groups had bought the dinner package with the Candelight Processional so when the bills came, the hostess also brought over our passes/stickers for entry and explained how they worked. We finished paying and eating, said goodbye to our new friends, and headed back outside. We definitely enjoyed Teppan Edo and would definitely eat here again. For people that are turned off by the no fried rice thing, I honestly think that if more people complain about it, they will eventually put it on the menu. I think they probably also didn't have it on there yet since all of the chefs are new and it's just one more thing for them to have to do all at once.

After heading out, we headed over to the theatre to check out the line. We were an hour and a half early but there was already a line forming for reserved seats! GEEZ! I called Sarah and Holly and they were also in the area so we met up for some hot chocolate from the gingerbread house! It's the same gingerbread house that we saw the day before at Epcot... I honestly dont think I noticed that there was someone in it?

Sarah and Holly were still iffy if they were going to wait in the standby line for the Candelight Processional so we said goodnight and mom and I headed on line. We waited for a good 30 mins and then they opened up the theatre and we all started piling in.

The reader for our show was Monique Coleman, from High School Musical. I HONESTLY have NEVER seen her or heard of her but she was good! The music was amazing! Here's a few pics...

I would SO hate to be that poor guy as the star! haha!

We were both tired after the show though so didn't stay for Illuminations. I wish we did!! Snapped a few pics on the way out though!

On tomorrow's agenda? Animal Kingdom!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #146
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Wow....3 update!!

You rock

Your pics are amazing.....

I love all of the pics of you and your friends and your mom trying on hats.

Drinking around the world looks like fun.

I loved all the pics at Character connection. I have never done that and love the backgrounds. That is a must do for next time

You can tell that you and your mom are having such a great time....

Keep it coming
Old 12-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #147
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Hi disneygirlinnj! Just came back from your home state - visiting family for the holidays in Upper Saddle River. Catching up on your trip report - once again, great pixs! I am missing WDW sooooo much!

Loved your Epcot shots - it's our favorite park! And drinking around the world is a must! So funny - your comment about buying those big hats from the various countries! We say the same thing - always see people trying them on for pix; but never buying them! And, btw, I just got a bottle of Laila for Christmas from my daughters - they bought it for me when we were there in Nov. - I tried it a few years ago and love the scent. I make sure to pick up a new bottle every year - was nice to have my girls surprise me with it this year! (even though I've been told I can find it at Nordstrom's also, I never do. It's one of the few "souvenirs" I allow myself to purchase for myself! Besides, I think it smells prettier knowing I got it from Disney! )
Old 01-04-2008, 01:23 PM   #148
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Day 6 Part 1.... Animal Kingdom! :)

So I had written half of this and then my computer decided to be an idiot and I had to restart before being able to save it! Boo! It was a few days ago and I just hadn't been motivated to start all over again until now! BLAH! I'm in the mood to type so lets hope I can through the whole day at Animal Kingdom today!

So the morning started out the same as always...woke up, got ready quickly, and headed to breakfast around 8am for no lines in the caf. Yayyyy!! A few days ago I had tried the breakfast wrap but I think I was so hungry and it was so good, there were no pictures taken. So here it is today!

My mom I'm sure had the waffle with topping like she did every morning too. We were meeting up with Sarah again and she had suggested actually picking us up from Pop herself and drive us to AK so we didn't have to take the bus, which was awesome! Now I don't know if renting a car would be worth the extra money for us, but I can now see why people do it. It's SO much faster.

Heading out to the entrance to meet up with Sarah, we snapped some shots in the store..

Sarah was already outside waiting so we jumped in and we were off! We quickly parked in the front but since we didn't realize how close we were to the entrance we took the tram that was waiting for the extra like 100 yards.

The tree was pretty cool, there were animal ornaments all over it! Very cute!

We quickly got into the park and grabbed a few maps (none of us go to AK too often so we needed some kind of guidance!) and headed towards Kilamanjaro Safaris to try beating the rush. We did kind of take our time though and saw some cool things.

We started walking through the Oasis (I think) and saw some beautiful birds that were just being brought out for the day..

As we headed further towards Africa, we ran into Tuk (is that his name?!)..

and then we ran into an African Prince!

oh...and then there's always Baloo and Louie..hehehe

We got to the entrance of Kilamanjaro Safari and it was a zoo! I looked around and realized... MOUSEMEET!!!! Funny...I'm actually catching up on podcasts right now and they're talking about the Safari meet right now. There must have been around 100 people there already (I heard over 200 showed up) so we quickly jumped on line to miss the rush. We saw Deb Wills from allears talking to a few people so I didn't want to interrupt and say hello and that her site pretty much planned most of our trip! ha!

The safari was really cool! Sarah and I definitely went a little picture crazy so here's some of the highlights...

After the safari was over we headed to the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail just to walk around and wander and see what we can find. Meerkats!!

and these cool guys..

We headed over by the gorillas where I wish I could have had more time to watch and take pictures but there were way too many people and a few annoying ones for that matter so we snapped a few shots and kept on going..

Next stop was Rafiki's Planet Watch and Conservation Station where we ran into a few 'people' we recognized..

I had read that on the mural of animals there are a TON of hidden mickeys so we took a few mins to find some...can you see them in the pic?

we headed over to the petting zoo part and spent a few mins saying hi to some of the animals although half of them didn't seem interested at all. lol. They were still cute though!

Waiting for the train back to civilization, I took out the map to plan out the rest of the day.. lol

Cute ladybug lightposts!

k...ran out of picture room! Part 2 coming up!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:31 PM   #149
whgrn
This is SOOOOOO not the life I signed up for!!

ooooh! I found some hidden Mickeys in your pictures! Cool!

That breakfast wrap looks really good. Makes me hungry!

Wendy in NJ Me DD(17) DS(16) RIP my friend, you'll live forever in our hearrs

Old 01-04-2008, 02:39 PM   #150
Camster0307
DIS Veteran

Ok - what kind of camera are you using? Your pix on the safari are AWESOME! I've never gotten such close up shots of the animals before!

Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: