The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #31
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennazus8810 View Post
Still can't get over the fact that we only paid $248.00 for the week.
That's the old price for RCI Last Call 2BRs, so if it's bouncing off that invantory it will be closer to $300 (two ninety something, I forget). Still a pretty good deal.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #32
BonnieA
I don't need no stinkin tag

I try to use the Vacation Certificates from skyauction. They are $249 + $20 right now. Then I wait and see what is offered. Seems like whenever I go, Cypress Palms is always available. Love the place.
Occasionally they had sales on the certificates for $199. I picked some of those up in January and will be using them this december for a 3 bedroom at Powhaton plantation in Williamsburg.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #33
Ennazus8810
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
That's the old price for RCI Last Call 2BRs, so if it's bouncing off that invantory it will be closer to $300 (two ninety something, I forget). Still a pretty good deal.

We bought a certificate through Resortcerts.com. We paid $248.00, and that included all of the taxes and fees. There were no additional charges. Same as buying it through Skyauction, just didn't have to pay the $20.00 fee. Sometimes when Skyauction has the sale on the certificates, resortcerts.com will offer them at the same price.

Last Trip-August 2012
Next trip-Oct 2014

Me DH DD(5) DD (4)
Ennazus8810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #34
nemo7673
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up Nice surprise tucked away from the hustle & bustle

Lovely resort in the heart of Orlando. Pleasantly surprised as I was a little concerned due to some of the "negative" reviews on the internet.

The Unit(s): We requested a renovated unit with Kizzy at the front desk prior to our arrival and that is exactly what we got They are very accommodating. We were in building 11 units 162 & 163. The units are completely carpeted with tile in the "wet areas" (foyers, kitchens, bathrooms, master suite vanity area & laundry closets). We had a 2-bedroom lock-off unit, which was nice being that we had my grandparents with us. The two units are accessible via an inside connecting door that we had opened so that it would not feel as if we were in 2 separate units (you have the option to leave the lock-off door closed/locked). The larger 1-bedroom unit had a fully functional kitchen with new appliances and granite countertops (nice touch ) & a dining room with a VERY nice solid wood dining table with seating for 6. There was a large living room w/ a large flat screen TV, ceiling fan, sleeper sofa & separate chair. There was plenty of seating in the living room for all 5 of us to relax together. Off of the living room is a nice screened porch that seats 3 people comfortably. There is a stackable washer/dryer combo in a hall closet in the foyer of the apt. The bedroom has a very comfortable king-size bed with very nice & comfortable bedding. There is a ceiling fan, flat screen TV on top of a 5-drawer dresser & sitting chair. There is a vanity area with a sink and granite counter top with a large soaking jetted tub . Off of this vanity area you can access a separate bathroom with a stand-alone shower, toilet & pedestal sink. This bathroom is also accessible from the main living area, which makes for a nice feature to keep from having to go through the master bedroom to get to the bathroom/toilet area for guests. The smaller 1-bedroom unit had a small living/dining room and kitchenette. There is a separate bathroom with a tub/shower combo and a separate vanity area with 1 sink. There is a king-size bedroom with a ceiling fan and the same dresser/TV as described in the other king-size bedroom. Overall, a nice layout and comfortable unit.

PROS: Set away from the hustle & bustle of Orlando, but yet only about 12-15 minutes away from Disney! The pools were never crowded. The last Friday we were there, me and my daughter were the only two at the main pool and that was nice. The playground was nice for the kids; the slide/climb area was covered! Nice BBQ areas. The grounds were nicely manicured. Renovated units including granite counter tops & new furniture & decor. Ceiling fans in the living areas and bedrooms (this is a must have feature for resorts in Florida!). Washer/dryer combo. Jetted soaking tub. The best of all, VERY NICE COMFORTABLE BED & DUVET BEDDING! That definitely takes the cake on the pros!!

CONS: When we 1st arrived there were 2 broken hangers and the duvet down cover had been washed so it was lumpy. I called the front desk and within 30 minutes all was taken care of and replaced. At the end of our stay, we did ask them to clean the carpets after we left for the next guests as the carpets turned the bottom of our feet/socks black when walking around without shoes on. The washing machine squealed loudly on the spin cycle, however, easy fix and they were very prompt in fixing anything that we reported that was not in working order. All in all, after staying at many different resorts in the Orlando area, this is not bad and they are small, fixable issues

I have tried to capture everything in this review I was looking for when I was checking out Cypress Palms for our family vacation. I hope this helps you with your decision about staying at Cypress Palms. Have a great vacation!!
nemo7673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 06:50 PM   #35
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

"At the end of our stay, we did ask them to clean the carpets after we left for the next guests as the carpets turned the bottom of our feet/socks black when walking around without shoes on."

This is what concerns me. How can they be renovating these units and not replace or at least CLEAN the carpets? We will be there in less than three weeks. I'm looking forward to it, but I just can't tolerate filthy carpets.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #36
mamatohaleybug
Earning My Ears

Is there free wifi in the rooms?
mamatohaleybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #37
BonnieA

Yes, free Wifi in the rooms, using it right now. I'm here at Cypress Palms. They will give you a password when you check in.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #38
mamatohaleybug
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieA View Post
Yes, free Wifi in the rooms, using it right now. I'm here at Cypress Palms. They will give you a password when you check in.
Thank you! I would love to know what you think of the resort. Trying to finalize my January trip and can't decide where to stay.
mamatohaleybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 PM   #39
BonnieA

Well I started this thread, so you can go back and read that. I love this place. This must be my 6th time here.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #40
infopurposesonly
Mouseketeer

We were there for a week last month. And yes, the carpets in our unit were dirty, but we survived. If they would just clean those carpets, this resort would be almost perfect. We had to wear flip-flops in the unit at all times, and then we would track dirt from the carpets onto the tile floors. It was annoying. Would I go back again? Yes! We got a great deal, and loved almost everything else. Pools were too cold for my liking, but the hot tubs were great!

We loved having a lock-off unit! Very convenient to have two washers and driers for laundry. Beds were incredibly comfortable! I love a firm mattress! Our unit overlooked a pool, but it wasn't noisy at all. It was so nice to sit out on the screened balcony and relax at the end of the day. Location was convenient to everything. Tons of choices for eating, lots of stores nearby, and really only a few minutes to any of the parks.
infopurposesonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #41
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Any more recent stays? I've been asked to check this out!

Thanks,
Bobbi

bobbiwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #42
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Anyone stay here recently? Considering a stay at Cypress Pam's in December.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:14 PM   #43
Echo queen
I like the idea of being close to the action
I had to buy another piece of luggage today and shoes and a floppy hat
The camping trip got a little hairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
Anyone stay here recently? Considering a stay at Cypress Pam's in December.
I hear crickets anybody
Old 10-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #44
BonnieA

I will be there again in mid November. I'm sure it will still be as great as always.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: