Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2008, 09:44 PM   #1
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Smile Just back from Land & Sea Vacation

I'm back from our Land and Sea vacation, with our land portion at the Poly. Any questions?
__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
Linda in sunny SC
Just 1 Member of a Disney-Fanatical Family
 
Linda in sunny SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 114

which building at the Poly?

Which building do they usually put the cruise people in and what time does the bus to port pick up? Thanks.
Linda in sunny SC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-28-2008, 11:11 AM   #3
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda in sunny SC View Post
Which building do they usually put the cruise people in and what time does the bus to port pick up? Thanks.
We were on the second floor of the Tokelau building.

The bus picked us up at 11:15.
__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 12:31 AM   #4
BobStratton
Uberdork
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnascar2x View Post
I'm back from our Land and Sea vacation, with our land portion at the Poly. Any questions?
We are about 4 months away from our Land and Sea at the Poly and would greatly appreciate any info you can share. We have cruised before and done DW several times but never both combined. We are bringing our DD's of 3 and 8 with us.
BobStratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobStratton View Post
We are about 4 months away from our Land and Sea at the Poly and would greatly appreciate any info you can share. We have cruised before and done DW several times but never both combined. We are bringing our DD's of 3 and 8 with us.
You guys will all have a great time. Do you have any specific questions that I might be able to answer?
__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #6
Linda in sunny SC
Just 1 Member of a Disney-Fanatical Family
 
Linda in sunny SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 114

If you were on the 4 night cruise...

I wonder is you could tell me the itinerary. I saw a recent navigator that indicated that Monday was their sea day and Wed. was the CC day. DCL still shows my upcoming trip as Mon. = Nassau, Tue. = CC, and Wed. = Sea day. Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.
Linda in sunny SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:35 AM   #7
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda in sunny SC View Post
I wonder is you could tell me the itinerary. I saw a recent navigator that indicated that Monday was their sea day and Wed. was the CC day. DCL still shows my upcoming trip as Mon. = Nassau, Tue. = CC, and Wed. = Sea day. Thanks for taking time to answer our questions.
I was on the 3 day cruise, so I can't answer your question. Maybe a recent 4 day cruiser can help you out.
__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:32 PM   #8
BobStratton
Uberdork
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9

We will be on the 3 day land and 4 day sea package. How are the rooms at the Poly? This is the first time we have stayed at one of the resort hotels so any current pics would be great to. Did you have any children with you and if so what ages? Did they like the programs? Since we have been to WDW several times before with and without the DD's we have a pretty good game plan but this is the first DC and I am doing what I can to ensure a fun sailing.
BobStratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 PM   #9
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic
 
disney honeymooners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, Georgia
Posts: 767

we aren't going on our land and sea at the poly til next september but i was wondering was the ship crowded? the last time i went on the disney cruise i didi the cruise only and we went in june and it was CRAZY! fun but crowded which i am use to since i have been to WDW about 10 times. However this will be my first time staying at the poly so i was wondering if you liked the building you stayed in?
__________________
Me DH



disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney honeymooners View Post
we aren't going on our land and sea at the poly til next september but i was wondering was the ship crowded? the last time i went on the disney cruise i didi the cruise only and we went in june and it was CRAZY! fun but crowded which i am use to since i have been to WDW about 10 times. However this will be my first time staying at the poly so i was wondering if you liked the building you stayed in?
We didn't think the ship was crowded at all.

We stayed in the Tokelau building at Poly. We liked our building. It was right outside the Quiet Cove Pool. It was a very short walk to the GCH.
__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:13 PM   #11
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobStratton View Post
We will be on the 3 day land and 4 day sea package. How are the rooms at the Poly? This is the first time we have stayed at one of the resort hotels so any current pics would be great to. Did you have any children with you and if so what ages? Did they like the programs? Since we have been to WDW several times before with and without the DD's we have a pretty good game plan but this is the first DC and I am doing what I can to ensure a fun sailing.
The rooms at the Ploy were awesome! The rooms were refurb a few years ago and everything is still in great shape. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

I should be able to post some pics either later on tonight or first thing in the morning. My pictures are currently uploading, so I don't know how long it's going to take.

We have a 4 1/2 DD that went with us and had the time of her life. She really enjoyed the kids club on the ship and kept asking to go back there. She has already asked me when can we go back on Mickey's Boat!

You are going to love the cruise and so will your kids! If there are any other questions that I can answer for you, please let me know.
__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:39 PM   #12
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Here some pics from our room at the Poly:











__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 09:44 PM   #13
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Here's a few more:















__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 10:12 PM   #14
disney honeymooners
Disneyholic
 
disney honeymooners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dallas, Georgia
Posts: 767

those pictures are great i was wishing for a room with a view of the lagoon but know i am wanting one with a view of the trails i guess there really aren't any bad views from the polys rooms. This will be my first time doing the land and sea vacation i have been to disney about 10-11 times and i have been on the cruise but never both in the same trip. Where exactly is the desk where we are supposed to turn in our cruise documents at the resort? I can't really find a page where is tells me, i know my trip is a long way away but i want to be prepared. Thank You so much
__________________
Me DH



disney honeymooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #15
xnascar2x
DIS Veteran
 
xnascar2x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney honeymooners View Post
those pictures are great i was wishing for a room with a view of the lagoon but know i am wanting one with a view of the trails i guess there really aren't any bad views from the polys rooms. This will be my first time doing the land and sea vacation i have been to disney about 10-11 times and i have been on the cruise but never both in the same trip. Where exactly is the desk where we are supposed to turn in our cruise documents at the resort? I can't really find a page where is tells me, i know my trip is a long way away but i want to be prepared. Thank You so much
If you are facing the check in desks, the DCL desk is to the left. It's right next to the Lilo and Stitch surfboard which is located by the doors that lead out to the Volcano Pool. You can't miss it. They have a small model of the ship over there as well.
__________________
Pop Century 8/13
Polynesian Resort 10/08
Disney Wonder 3 Night Cruise 10/08
All Star Movies 08/07
Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern 9/03
Disney Magic 3 Night Cruise 9/99
Polynesian Resort 9/99
xnascar2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.