Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:11 PM   #151
Ukie Mouse
Earning My Ears

Happy New Year Dads

I finally got a chance to sit down and go through this thread and I think it's great. The countdown begins for our second trip on Dec. 1/08. Staying at POP again.

I wish everyone a Happy New Year, and happy DISboarding.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #152
DaParkers
The original DISard of Oz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Disney Fanatic View Post
Hey Everybody,

We are back from WDW and the Disney Wonder and I miss them both already . I'm at work right now so I can't do a trip report but I will start one later. I can tell you this though....I left weighing in at 300 lbs and I am back weighing ........ well my pants fit a lot tighter and I'll just leave it at that! I ate like a King ( DaParkers, I ate that turkey leg for you man) . I wanted to try to beat the Kitchensinkguy's record at Beaches and Cream but we did not have time to go over there. Another reason for another trip to WDW. TR is forthcoming so stay tuned!
Thanks, man. I lived vicariously through you for a few days.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #153
1Grumpy John
Grumpketeer

Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalierich View Post
Thanks for your prayers. My baby boy was born Dec 19th, (what a Xmas gift!!) Mommy and baby are doing well, and he is already likes to listen to Disney music. What more can a DIS Dad ask for!!!I hope that everyone had a Happy Holiday season. Take care.
very best wishes to you and your family
Grumpy John What! you expected Prince Charming?DisDads club member #34
B2B October 2010 - Bahamas - PLATINUM reached; EASTWOOD MANOR Special Turkey Day Celebration
Jan 2011-DREAM Maiden Voyage; B2B Apr 2011-LA-Van Repo/May 2011-Alaska; April 29, 2012 Hawaii
Old 01-04-2008, 11:07 PM   #154
jeffs72
There's no place like the happiest place on earth

Disney Dad Here

I'm definitely a Disney dad. I just booked our next trip for this coming Thanksgiving. I just told my wife we have only 322 days until our next trip and I heard the sigh.

I think I'm more excited about the up-coming trip than my kids. Though they will start getting more excited as the date gets closer (they are just thinking to Sunday which means Christmas break is over).

To me, there is no place I would rather go on vacation.

Jeff
Old 01-05-2008, 04:54 PM   #155
Kitchensinkguy
DIS Veteran

We are less than 180 days away from our three week stay at Fort Wilderness. We have made our ADRs and have a reservation for the Firework Cruise on the 7 Seas Lagoon on the 4th of July. We have also rented a golf cart at the campground for thier parade on the 4th. This time down I will be going to Daytona for the Pepsi 400. Deb also got me a ride along at the Petty Experience at the Disney World Speedway
Old 01-05-2008, 05:27 PM   #156
I'mNoPrince
AlterEgo tmt martins
a bit of Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchensinkguy View Post
We are less than 180 days away from our three week stay at Fort Wilderness. We have made our ADRs and have a reservation for the Firework Cruise on the 7 Seas Lagoon on the 4th of July. We have also rented a golf cart at the campground for thier parade on the 4th. This time down I will be going to Daytona for the Pepsi 400. Deb also got me a ride along at the Petty Experience at the Disney World Speedway
That sounds Like a Great trip.

We are booked for June 30-5th at BWV then moving to AKV from the 5th -11th . I think DM and DsF is coming in on the 5th so we may have to switch that last part or just find them a room somewhere.

I think we are going to do MK on the 3rd (looks like it will be open until 4am same fireworks as 4th) then do Epcot on the 4th (due to the nice walk back to our place).

I think I'm going to try the FW segways but I haven't decided if it's fair to DD as she want to do them real bad and has a few years to do so.
Old 01-05-2008, 11:40 PM   #157
nomolos
Mouseketeer

HOT DAMN! I'm goin back!

Finally convinced DW that we could swing another trip in nov/dec of 2008 ....gotta start planning! now i just need to figure out when to go-and who will watch cinderbella-ariel
ALYSSA (dd 12)
ALEX (dd 10)

if i could only figure out how to put a picture down here.......
Old 01-06-2008, 08:36 AM   #158
OhioDisneyDad
DIS Veteran

We're leaving in 5 days and man do I need it! The only thing I'm bummed about is that we're not going to get a chance to see the space shuttle launch. I've ALWAYS wanted to see that. I'm taking my laptop and will try to do some live reports while I'm there.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:53 AM   #159
I'mNoPrince
AlterEgo tmt martins
a bit of Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyDad View Post
We're leaving in 5 days and man do I need it! The only thing I'm bummed about is that we're not going to get a chance to see the space shuttle launch. I've ALWAYS wanted to see that. I'm taking my laptop and will try to do some live reports while I'm there.
That sounds good.

I was able to catch 2 different shuttle launches. The last was from the back of the Boat sitting at the BCV dock. It's not the best shot but all I had was my cell phone

Have a great trip July seems so far away
Old 01-06-2008, 12:42 PM   #160
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

This is the one we took sitting in front of Disney Studios last July

Deb (aka Kitchensinkguy's wife)

Deb
Old 01-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #161
Kitchensinkguy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mNoPrince View Post
That sounds Like a Great trip.

We are booked for June 30-5th at BWV then moving to AKV from the 5th -11th . I think DM and DsF is coming in on the 5th so we may have to switch that last part or just find them a room somewhere.

I think we are going to do MK on the 3rd (looks like it will be open until 4am same fireworks as 4th) then do Epcot on the 4th (due to the nice walk back to our place).

I think I'm going to try the FW segways but I haven't decided if it's fair to DD as she want to do them real bad and has a few years to do so.
My wife and I did the Segway tour at FW last summer. The Segways are a lot of fun to drive, but there really wasn't too much to see on the tour. Our guides were making jokes about "If you look to your right you'll see a tree." I would like to do the tour at Epcot.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:00 AM   #162
DaParkers

Go LSU

2008 National Champs! Geaux TIGERS!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 12:02 AM   #163
DaParkers

Go LSU

2008 National Champions Geaux TIGERS!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 06:01 AM   #164
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Crasher Alert

Hey Dads, I found this thread by looking at the OP's siggie. I think it's cool that you all have your own thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakethib View Post
I think we need to add one qualification to your list.

If you have a special savings account that you started when your daughter was born so that she will have a Disney Wedding. (I did)
By chance, if any of you are looking for a daughter to start this type of account for, I'll volunteer!

Ok, I'm leaving now. Pretend that I was never here . . .

Last edited by Glendamax; 01-08-2008 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-08-2008, 11:25 PM   #165
Ukie Mouse
Earning My Ears

To go or not to go...

We got back from Disney World on December 3rd, 2007, the next day DW books our next trip to Disney World for December 1st, 2008.

We just found out on Sunday that we are expecting our second child.

Our new arrival to be, raised some questions in terms of cancelling our trip with DD being almost 2 next December, and the newborn being 3 months old we thought that it may not be the best decision to go, but after some thought we have decided to keep planning the trip.

We told ourselves, other families do it, so why cant we?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: