Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
Disney Ontario
Ontario Disney

Home Depot- Damaged Goods.

Hi. Just wandering. Does anyone know what Home Depot does with thier damaged products? We have a new washer and dryer coming in a couple of weeks and we want to fix up the basement a little. Both DDs 15 & 18 said if we got new machines that they would do thier own laundry. We need like shelving,countertop/something to fold clothes on,paneling.And something on the floor.
Disney Ontario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Hi Disney Ontario

I am going to suggest "Habitat For Humanity"

I was told they run stores with stuff that has been donated by organizations like "Home Depot" "Rona" etc for sale to the public to raise funds.... I'm sure if you google Habitat for humanity it will list locations .

Hope this helps

Hugs Mel
bababear_50 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Buzz & Woody
Cruise Lover

Any home depot damages get destroyed. sometimes they get things sent to habitat for humanity, but often the items get destroyed or sometimes the staff can purchase damaged goods
Dec. 1989 1st trip with mom & dad; April 1993. 1st trip with boyfriend who bacame husband; Dec 1997 All Star Music Honeymoon Trip; April 2003-All-Star Music (the dreaded finger-in-the-door accident); Dec 2003 POR; Dec 2004 All-Star Music; Dec 2005 Disney Magic & Pop Century; Dec 2006 Disney Magic & All-Star Movies; Dec 2007 HAL Cruise and Off-site Vacation Home; March 2009 POP Century! December 2010 Disney Magic, December 2012 Disney Magic with the who dang family!
Buzz & Woody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #4
MaryannF
Very interesting...
We have gotten misted and dripped-on

Habitat for Humanity ReStore

http://www.torontohabitat.on.ca/web/about_restore.aspx

Habitat for Humanity Toronto’s ReStores sell new and gently used renovation materials and supplies.

Everything sold in the ReStores has been donated by companies and individuals who want to help Habitat for Humanity meet its goal of eliminating poverty housing in Toronto. That is how we are able to sell everything for at least 50% off retail, or more.
MaryannF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #5
nosnobunny2006
Mouseketeer

We ordered a new Maytag range a couple of years ago but when it was delivered, it had a chip in the enamel on the top, so I told the delivery people to take it back. A week or so later the replacement arrived, also chipped in the same place. Back it went. By this point I'm ticked. We went through 4, count 'em FOUR ranges, all damaged. Finally I called the manager who told me all the stoves went back to the manufacturer and he would personally take care of getting me an undamaged stove. Guess what? #5 was the same as all the rest. By now, I wanted a complete refund, which I got. I was going elsewhere for a new stove - and it wasn't a Maytag.

Beth
nosnobunny2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #6
abirdd
Is so glad the days of planning the Grand Gathering are over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz & Woody View Post
Any home depot damages get destroyed. sometimes they get things sent to habitat for humanity, but often the items get destroyed or sometimes the staff can purchase damaged goods
According to HD's charity article (it was a publicity piece) earlier this year, very little is supposed to be destroyed anymore. Staff is supposed to have a pick at purchasing damaged goods, then it's picked up by Habitat or other acceptable resale stores aimed at helping the local community. In Toronto, you're bound to find anything from mistinted paint to kitchens!

May 2012 AKL/SSR ~ January 2012 Offsite ~ December 2011 POP~ September 2010 POP ~ December 2009 CSR ~ January 2009 POP ~ Dec 2007 CR CL ~ May 2007 AKL ~ Dec 2006 CSR ~ June 2006 CSR ~ Too Many Times to Count in the 1980's and 1990's
abirdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:03 PM   #7
mommytodarlings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Ontario View Post
Hi. Just wandering. Does anyone know what Home Depot does with thier damaged products? We have a new washer and dryer coming in a couple of weeks and we want to fix up the basement a little. Both DDs 15 & 18 said if we got new machines that they would do thier own laundry. We need like shelving,countertop/something to fold clothes on,paneling.And something on the floor.
You're not too far from me. I'm in Cambridge. A Restore opened here last year, it varies what they have. It is a store that we usually just go to and check out whenever, even if we aren't looking for anything in particular.

I'm not sure if there is one closer to you. I know they opened one in Hamilton as well.

mommytodarlings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: