Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Shasta

On list for Apple's assimilation upgrade to become iShasta

Help me with a ticket upgrade question

I upgraded my package recently using the ZVY code to get FREE "hopping, water parks and more". I currently have six day tickets (didn't have to pay for the extra features) for our Jan trip.

I have learned that I can extend these tickets to add more days and non-expire so that I would have extra days left with that added FREE "park hopping and more" discount for another trip. The deadline for booking this discount package is December 15th. (I have already booked my package but this deadline may affect your answer)

My question is; Can I wait to make this upgrade to my tickets at the resort's CS counter?

I don't know if I will be able to afford the added days until later. It will depend on my Christmas bonus and that will be after December 15th. I just didn't know if all changes, upgrades etc had to be complete by the code's deadline date.

Thank you!
Old 11-09-2007, 10:33 PM   #2
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
I upgraded my package recently using the ZVY code to get FREE "hopping, water parks and more". I currently have six day tickets (didn't have to pay for the extra features) for our Jan trip.

I have learned that I can extend these tickets to add more days and non-expire so that I would have extra days left with that added FREE "park hopping and more" discount for another trip. The deadline for booking this discount package is December 15th. (I have already booked my package but this deadline may affect your answer)

My question is; Can I wait to make this upgrade to my tickets at the resort's CS counter?

I don't know if I will be able to afford the added days until later. It will depend on my Christmas bonus and that will be after December 15th. I just didn't know if all changes, upgrades etc had to be complete by the code's deadline date.

Thank you!
You can upgrade any MYW ticket during your trip... at a WDW resort Concierge Desk, Theme Park, Water Park, or DTD Guest Relations... even AFTER you have started USING the ticket.

You can even add more days (up to 10 days, total) and options (including non-expiring) AFTER the ticket has been fully "used up."

But all upgrades must be done within 14 days of the ticket's first use.

(Anything to do with AP's including upgrading to AP, can not be done at the resorts.)
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2007, 01:04 AM   #3
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

The question, though, is whether or not the "free upgrade" they've already received as part of this offer that expires on Dec 15th will carry over to any future upgrades they make. My guess would be that it would be grandfathered into the ticket, but that's just a guess. It's entirely possible they'd only give you the actual value of what you paid against the upgrade to the new ticket. This is really a question you need to ask Disney directly. It's difficult to apply the standard rules to a special case like this.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:50 AM   #4
Robo
Attention: There's a '71 Castle in the Hub with its lights on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
The question, though, is whether or not the "free upgrade" they've already received as part of this offer that expires on Dec 15th will carry over to any future upgrades they make. My guess would be that it would be grandfathered into the ticket, but that's just a guess. It's entirely possible they'd only give you the actual value of what you paid against the upgrade to the new ticket. This is really a question you need to ask Disney directly. It's difficult to apply the standard rules to a special case like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
MYW tickets can be upgraded during the trip (within the first 14 days.)
Not sure if all the "bonus" features would "hold-over" but since the OP won't really have the extra money until after Dec. 15, its almost moot.

If what is included in the "free stuff" is Hopping and Water Parks & More, even if those drop off after the first X days, the MYW tickets can be upgraded and extended... a good deal with or without the "free extras."

But calling Disney and asking a random CM this question is Russian Roulette.
Who knows what kind of answer would be given?
Its accuracy would be 50-50, at best.

BTW, I'm agreeing with you, BirdsOfPreyDave, but asking about this on the phone will be a risky adventure in itself.

So out goes the call here on the boards...

-Help us, Cheshire Figment, you're our only hope!

Last edited by Robo; 11-10-2007 at 04:56 AM.
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:56 AM   #5
Shasta

On list for Apple's assimilation upgrade to become iShasta

Thank you for both for your help. I wasn't going to try and call a CM because as Robo stated, I'd get a different answer with each call.

I will ask when we check in and make a decision at that point.

Thanks!
Old 11-10-2007, 02:26 PM   #6
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Any special that Disney puts into a package is actually the normal item but there is a discount to the price. Therefore, if they offer "free hopping and WPF&M, they are selling you the ticket and giving you a $101.18 discount (per person) as part of the package.

If you come to me at a ticket booth or Guest Relations office, and want to upgrade the ticket once at least one entry has been used, I will have no idea what you paid for the ticket and the system will allow the Current Gate Price of the ticket as the value of the ticket you are upgrading.

So if you had a six-day hopper with WPF&M the system would reflect a value of $332.28 (including tax) for your ticket, no matter what you paid for it. To convert it to a ten day PH with WPF&M with NE would be $200.22 ($8.00 for the four extra days, $180.00 for the NE option on a ten day ticket, and $12.22 for tax).

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: