Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #1
RebelHawk
Mouseketeer

Highs and Lows from last weeks trip

My DW and I returned from our annual January trip last week and had a blast with an all adult trip with 3 other couples.

We have the pictures from our trip posted on Webshots for anyone who would like to take moment to view them.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562303693CTOwUM

Highs from the trips:

Check in – We arrived at WDW around 10AM and when we went to check into our 1 Bedroom Villa it was ready! We had planned on leaving our luggage with Bell Services and wandering around for a few hours until it was ready. This was a fantastic surprise and set the tone for the rest of our trip

Disney Private Dining – About 2 weeks before our trip I contacted Disney Private Dining who put me in touch with Chef Tony at Spoodles. He worked with me to create hors d’oeuvres for eight that we had delivered our first night on property. We had Lamb Kabobs, Grilled Shrimp, an Assortment of Cheeses and fruits, Flat Breads with 3 Mediterranean inspired dips and an amazing Olive Salad. This was delivered to our room promptly and everything was amazing.

Wishes Fireworks Cruise – We had an incredible driver for the evening. Wes was able to point out some interesting tidbits that even after over a dozen trips and one other Wishes Fireworks Cruise my DW and I did not know about WDW. His sense of humor paired very well with the group we had and at the end of the cruise we vowed then and there to contact WDW to let them know about the wonderful job he did.

Spaceship Earth – We were lucky enough to enjoin a soft opening of Spaceship Earth. There were a couple of sections of the ride that were blacked out but what we saw was a much needed update to the ride.

Lows from the trip:

Holiday Weekend – I have no one to blame but myself for the fact that I booked the trip during MLK weekend. This year for whatever reason my brain didn’t recognize what weekend we were booking on and our first full day at a park was Magic Kingdom on MLK Day and it was packed like I have never seen MK before. We did get to ride everything that we wanted with the use of Fast Passes but I felt like it was more of a commando day at the park rather than the leisurely day we typically have. Again I have no one to blame but myself.

Corel Reef – I have read so many positive reviews of The Corel Reef at EPCOT that I think I set my expectations a little too high for our first eating experience there. Yes we had Advance Dining reservations and were seated within 15 minutes of our reservation time. Yes the food was good and our server was fairly prompt at meeting our needs. Yes the aquarium was impressive. The biggest problem that I had was I think the restaurant was a little too themed for me. I was looking for more of a fine dining and less of the over the top theme we saw. Again nothing against the restaurant it was just me.

Disney Private Dining – We had to place 3 phone calls to Disney Private Dining in order to get them to pick up the platters and plates they brought to our room the evening before.

All in all we had an amazing trip and I am already looking forward to planning next years trip

-Tom in SC

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: