Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
apirateslife4evr
Holla ya'll!!

My (not quite) 12days of Xmas at WDW-I'm OFF (like a dirty shirt!)-Update-Pg. 4/#60

Howdy folks,

With only 10days to go until I board a SWA coffee can (that masquerades as an airplane) and head to Santa Mickey, I thought I should finally kick myself into HIGH gear and get my Trip report started. God knows......I read (and sometimes post) in everyone else's, so I figured my time was DUE.

Pardon the image....it's the only picture I could put my hands on....a what a lovely (NOT ) image.....sunburnt, clorine-ated, and no makeup...I look like one of Cinderella's ungly step-sisters. I do look MUCH better in person, I swear.......please, don't run away little children....

Brief overview......

Our trip was originally planned last November, when we decided to go to WDW for the holidays, as an ENTIRE family. That would have been EIGHT people........cut to now, it's just my parents and ME. My sister's too busy with her job to go, and with the economy the way it is, she couldn't afford to do a week-long trip to WDW just two weeks before Xmas. My DH (who is J***, whom a lovingly refer to as Lord Vader, or LV for short ), lovingly gave up his participation after I got laid off around Labor Day. Money was real TIGHT then, and he voluntarily backed out, which saved us over $1000 just in the cost of having to board our three pets for the 10days we'd be gone.

That being said, the trip morphed into the 3 Mouseketeers--Mom, Dad and me....we are the most DISNEY-fied of the family, and it's been a good 8 years since I've been at WDW during the holiday season. I was NOT about to give up going without a fight (ok, maybe a HISSY fit, but still I was ready to go 7 or 8 rounds if necessary.... ) So we scaled back the trip a bit and made our adjustments to dining/tours that were already booked.

Lucky me, I have REALLY smart parents......

they bought into DVC before the big BOON, circa 1999. They took advantage of my then-cast member discount, and they've been hooked on DISNEY ever since. Their home resort-the Boardwalk Villas, will be our home-away-from-home for seven glorious nights. Not that we plan to be in the room for a long period of time......we're at WDW for goodness sakes, and like I told my dear DIS friend, Disneyland_Mama......"sleep is for the WEAK when you're at WDW !!!!"

Dining plans are arranged......we're trying the two NEW restaurants--Yak&Yeti and Tutto Italia, a few that my parents have never been to--Artist Point & Narcoossee's, and our tried&true favorites---Le Cellier, 50's Prime Time, Kona Cafe. I will be including a detailed food report intermixed with our daily travels, so for those of your who love your FOOD pics, be prepared. I also have a lovely dinner planned with my DIS friends at Wolfgang Puck's with a fun night at PI planned after. I live by the mantra "What happens at WDW, stays at WDW.....and gets posted on the DIS!!"

We've planned alot of holiday fun this trip.....we're sharing a Xmas tree with other DVC DIS'ers, we're doing MVMCP, the Osborne Lights and Fantasmic, seeing the Nemo stage show at AK, the KTTK tour at MK, and Candlelight...... whew......I'm gonna need a VACATION when I get back from THIS trip. Hopefully, I will run into alot of other DIS'ers also there that week, so I'll when I see ya !!!

So fasten your tray tables and stow your seatbelts, we're in for a bumpy trip.....oh, and PLEASE STAND CLEAR OF THE DOORS<bing-BONG>

Last edited by apirateslife4evr; 12-11-2007 at 04:32 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:05 AM   #2
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

We'll be there 2 weeks from today, staying at BWV and will be doing many of the same things. See ya there!

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2007, 10:09 AM   #3
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Sounds like fun!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 12-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #4
njdisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

I'm just going to miss you! You leave in ten days for a week and I leave in seventeen days. But, imagine all the fun we'll have posting back and forth after the trip. I'm glad you get to go, in spite of the setbacks.

WDW for the holidays! Sleep? Who on Earth goes to WDW to sleep?

BACK FROM MY TRIP OF A MILLION DREAMS (tons of pics) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post22441592
A DECEMBER TO REMEMBER (with "A LOT" of pics!!!)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post29895173
SO THEY WANT US TO CELEBRATE?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post31256577
Old 12-01-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
njdisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

Did You Make a Yak & Yeti Ressie?

I just found out that the YY has begun taking December ADRs! So I booked mine. I know you plan to eat there, so I thought I would let you know.

BACK FROM MY TRIP OF A MILLION DREAMS (tons of pics) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post22441592
A DECEMBER TO REMEMBER (with "A LOT" of pics!!!)http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post29895173
SO THEY WANT US TO CELEBRATE?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post31256577
Old 12-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #6
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a fun trip, can't wait to hear about it.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #7
apirateslife4evr
Holla ya'll!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
We'll be there 2 weeks from today, staying at BWV and will be doing many of the same things. See ya there!
Chell.....we'll see ya around the resort......I plan to use the pool and hot tub late nights, so wave if you see me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Sounds like fun!
Fun is an understatement......at least in my book

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdisneyfreak View Post
I'm just going to miss you! You leave in ten days for a week and I leave in seventeen days. But, imagine all the fun we'll have posting back and forth after the trip. I'm glad you get to go, in spite of the setbacks.

WDW for the holidays! Sleep? Who on Earth goes to WDW to sleep?
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdisneyfreak View Post
I just found out that the YY has begun taking December ADRs! So I booked mine. I know you plan to eat there, so I thought I would let you know.
I think you arrive the day AFTER we leave......but you have it SO GOOD.....you're gonna be there for Christmas AND New Years....lucky DOG

Thanks for giving me the heads up about Y&Y.....I called tonight and got our lunch ressies .....SCORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Sounds like a fun trip, can't wait to hear about it.
Oh, and I can't wait to share......
Old 12-01-2007, 04:29 PM   #8
apirateslife4evr
Holla ya'll!!

So, I know I should have stayed in bed... ..especially with how aweful I've been feeling the past few days, but with the trip almost 10 days away, I just HAD to get stuff done today. Besides, my meds started to KICK in, and I was starting to feel a bit better.

I went and got my hair trimmed today. My cousin's daughter is going to the Paul Mitchell Academy in DE, and she graduates next Saturday. So, I went today to their salon and she cut my hair......it's cute.....it's a modified Katie Holmes/Posh Spice cut. Mind you I SAID its a similar cut......I look NOTHING like Kate or Posh, although if I did, that means I'd be married to Tom Cruise OR David Beckham and who DOESN'T love SOCCER !!!! (I'll see if I can get LV to take a pic tommorrow, so I can post it). And the best thing......it only cost $10 !!!! I found out that she's going to be working at, get this, the salon I normally go to.......she goes FT after the holidays, so it's so cool.....she'll get to do my hair all the time, plus she can get me my hair products at a discount......SCORE !!!!!

I also stopped by the mall to pick up a few last-minute things. At Macys, I bought another pair of Crocs......black Beach style, so they'll go with everything. I just LUV me some Crocs.....I wear them all the time at work. I also picked up the watch I bought on sale before Thanksgiving, a $98 Fossil watch I got for $38. At Boscovs, I got me a new pair of slippers (Dearfoam on special for $6.98), a pair of cute reindeer socks, and a new LIME green wallet (for $9.98). I went to Brookstone and bought my LIME green TSA luggage locks. I finally stopped at The Disney Store and picked up a pair of Tinkerbell fleece gloves (too cute), and a cute stowaway for my trip report !!!

For the DIS veterans (and newbies), I was supposed to "croc sit" a DIS croc on this trip. There are cute & fuzzy crocadile plushes that get passed to various DIS members on their trips, and the hosting DIS members take lots of pics around WDW with their crocs, and share them on the corresponding thread The Official Lime Lovin' Croc Exchange . Anyhew, I signed up to get a croc back in the early summer, and last week, I found out that my "croc" is MIA....a victim of "CROC-Nappers", so here I was.....sad, lonely.....and I though "Hey, I'll get my own mascot" . So here he is....

Now, I am off to get some laundry going , so that I can officially start packing tomorrow.

Only 10 more sleeps until WDW !!!!

Last edited by apirateslife4evr; 12-02-2007 at 05:02 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:03 PM   #9
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

I love the Eeyore!
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 12-01-2007, 11:26 PM   #10
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

What a cute little Eeyore. All the missing Crocs have really discouraged me from signing up for the Croc exchange which makes me really sad because it would have been a lot of fun.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:22 AM   #11
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Followed you over from mrsksomeday's TR. Great start to your pre-trippie!

Old 12-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #12
njdisneyfreak
DIS Veteran

I hope you're feeling better, and the hair style sounds cool. I hope you get your MIA Crocs, but I'm sure your cute Eeyore mascot will do all he can to help.

Have you begun packing. We've been doing that, a bit at a time, and it's fun. Knowing that you are packing for a WDW trip has a way of getting you psyched.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #13
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

I'm in this sounds like it will be a great trip
Old 12-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #14
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

I'm so jealous that you get to be at WDW for the holidays! I'm trying to make it work for 2008, but until then, I'll have to live vicariously through you.

Can't wait for the next installment!

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trips: DL Half Marathon (Aug 29-Sep 1, 2014), AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
Old 12-02-2007, 01:31 PM   #15
DISNEY4XMAS
DIS Veteran

Signing on for your trip report!!! Hope you are feeling better seems like it is the thing to be sick this week!! This is my first time off couch since yesterday.
1982- THE GOLF RESORT 2001- FW CABINS Dec 2007 FWCabins Oct 14 Port Orleans
to Stephen Mom to Sammie (20) Zachary(14) Tyler(12) and StepMOM to NATE (22)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: