Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 PM   #61
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Can someone help with my Jiko reservation time...we'd like to do the storytelling in the evening, what would be a good time to book dinner, before or after that? We're going in April. thanks.

Old 11-10-2007, 10:07 PM   #62
DznyDreamz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYmooner2008 View Post
What section should I request??? I'm asking this in both AKL threads
Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with any Savannah view. We were on the Zebra trail and had a great view. Our room was #2505, just close enough to the lobby to make everything convenient, but not too close to have the view obstructed by the Arusha Overlook.
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2007, 10:27 PM   #63
DISNEYmooner2008
Mommy to a Princess

The reason I ask is because we are currently booked for a standard view but have been told by MANY that AKL upgrades frequently and we stand a good chance especially going in the off season. I'm taking a few DISers advice and requesting a section I KNOW is Savannah view so as to not directly ask for an upgrade. Zebra trail I think looks best because if we don't get a Savannah view at least we could get a pool view.
February 2010 - Grandparent's first trip - Animal Kingdom Villas
January 2011 - 4 day Bahama's DCL/4 days @ Beach Club

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/3va2qfx45nwaimr5.png[/img]

February 2010 Pre-Trippie
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #64
TKDisneylover
LOVES Sorcerer Mickey! Loves riding Spaceship Earth. Wants you to have a Zip A Dee Doo Dah, Zip A Dee Day....

Quote:
The reason I ask is because we are currently booked for a standard view but have been told by MANY that AKL upgrades frequently and we stand a good chance especially going in the off season. I'm taking a few DISers advice and requesting a section I KNOW is Savannah view so as to not directly ask for an upgrade. Zebra trail I think looks best because if we don't get a Savannah view at least we could get a pool view.
I had asked this same question before booking AKL for our upcoming trip and they had suggested that I not ask for a specific trail if your booking standard view. That your upgrade may have a higher chance of occuring by just asking for specific room types (king, double, bunk, etc.), so all we requested was king room in a quiet area. Anyone else have a suggestion about this question?

POP Century-2008; Animal Kingdom Lodge-2007; Caribbean Beach-2004; Off grounds-2002 (never again); Port Orleans (Dixie Landings)-2001; All-Star Movies-1999; All-Star Sports-1998
Old 11-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #65
Cinderella1122
DVC member since 2008

Hey Princess Amy and TKDisneyLover! It looks like we'll all be arriving at the AKL around the same time!

June 2014 - All Star Music
December 2014 - Saratoga Springs
June 2015 - All Star Music
December 2015 - Bay Lake Tower
Old 11-11-2007, 11:19 AM   #66
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

We always stay on the Arusha Savannah, Zebra Trail. The restaurants and pool are located on this side of the Lodge.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:39 PM   #67
DisneyBride'03
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
Balcony was great!
The closest I get to "camping" is the campfire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
We always stay on the Arusha Savannah, Zebra Trail. The restaurants and pool are located on this side of the Lodge.
He is right on
While we have not stayed...yet this was our request.
Ostrich and Giraffe trails are smaller wings, perhaps not the best views. My SIL stayed in Giraffe....all I recall is the llooonnngg walk to her room. Zebra trail should put you in a great area...try to request a 3rd or 4th floor room
Hope this helps!
***runDisney***2010 Inaugural Wine & Dine Half~ 2011 WDW Half~2011 Wine & Dine Half ~ 2012 Princess Half~2012 Disneyland Half~2012 Wine & Dine Half~ 2013 Princes Half~2013 Inaugural Dumbo Dare~2013 Wine/Dine

Upcoming: Aulani Feb 2014

1980 Poly~2003 Poly~2003 Poly Fairy Tale Wedding/Grand Floridian~2007 Pop~2007 YC CL DVC Owners ~2007 SSR~2008 BWV/DCL/AKV~2008 OKW~2008 SSR/WL~2008 ASMu/AKV~2009 VWL/BCV~2009 BLT/Swan/Kidani~2009 POFQ/AKL~2010 SSR~ 2010 YC CL/AKV~2011 POFQ~2011 Sports & OKW~2011 Kidani & BCV~ 2011 POFQ ~ 2012 BCV~2012 DL Hotel~2012 BLT/AKV~2013 OKW/BCV~2013 DL Hotel~2013 Pop/SSR
Old 11-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #68
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

The club level rooms (concierge) are now on the 4th floor.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:12 PM   #69
DISNEYmooner2008
Mommy to a Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKDisneylover View Post
I had asked this same question before booking AKL for our upcoming trip and they had suggested that I not ask for a specific trail if your booking standard view. That your upgrade may have a higher chance of occuring by just asking for specific room types (king, double, bunk, etc.), so all we requested was king room in a quiet area. Anyone else have a suggestion about this question?
Hmmm I would also like to know this --- I know there are king standard rooms and that's why a few DISers told me to either just ask for the upgrade since it's value season and we are arriving before the marathon crowds, or ask for a specific location.

Old 11-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #70
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
What section should I request?? I'm asking this question in both AKL threads
I know you asked a bit more detailed question regarding "requests" on the other thread, but I'm going to answer here!

List the most important thing (and I have a feeling that might be a "king" bed!) first; then if there's something else you want (specific floor, trail, etc.), list it 2nd. I wouldn't recommend making any more than 2 requests.

I'll bet they already know it's your honeymoon, right? (if not, make sure that's noted on your reservation!)

In slower times you are more likely to be upgraded (really just depends on how full the resort is during your stay). So here's some pixie dust that you'll get the room you're wishing for

When you check in, they'll show you on the resort map the area where your room is located. If it doesn't look like what you were hoping for, you can certainly ask if any upgrades are available. One visit (Nov 2006), I had booked standard and was upgraded to savanna. Great! Well, not so great -- I walked ALL the way down to the end of Kudu Trail to my room, opened the door, saw the view and decided I'd go back to the front desk and ask for my "standard view" back!! They gave me another savanna room that was AWESOME!!

Old 11-11-2007, 05:50 PM   #71
DISNEYmooner2008
Mommy to a Princess

I was told on another tread *not* to request a certain section.... hmmmm don't really know now.... Was planning on requesting a king bed located in zebra trail if possible.....

Old 11-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #72
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
I was told on another tread *not* to request a certain section.... hmmmm don't really know now.... Was planning on requesting a king bed located in zebra trail if possible.....
By 'certain section' do you mean Trail? I don't think there's any harm in requesting Zebra Trail - just make sure you list "king" first. Above all, don't worry about it. Have faith that you'll get the perfect room for you and your groom!

(and FWIW, I think Zebra Trail is the best, but I've also had some awesome rooms on Kudu Trail -- as long as the room is near the lobby)

Old 11-11-2007, 06:30 PM   #73
DISNEYmooner2008
Mommy to a Princess

Sorry, by section I do mean trail. I think I will go ahead and request Zebra Trail and a King bed. Hopefully this won't be too much to ask. We are also arriving on the 6th - before the marathon crowds - so maybe an upgrade will be possible - we'll just have to see Also, I don't think that the fact that it's our honeymoon is noted on our reservations. I know it was on our original one's that we had booked through a TA, but we've since canceled that reservation and booked directly through Disney. I guess I should call Disney and have them make a note for us. I ordered our bride/groom ears already from disney merchandise and we'll be wearing them 24/7, so maybe that will also give them a clue

Old 11-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #74
huey578
Test Track Dummy

342 days to go...woohoo!!!

WDW Commando Member #201
Old 11-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #75
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people

Quote:
Sorry, by section I do mean trail. I think I will go ahead and request Zebra Trail and a King bed. Hopefully this won't be too much to ask. We are also arriving on the 6th - before the marathon crowds - so maybe an upgrade will be possible - we'll just have to see Also, I don't think that the fact that it's our honeymoon is noted on our reservations. I know it was on our original one's that we had booked through a TA, but we've since canceled that reservation and booked directly through Disney. I guess I should call Disney and have them make a note for us. I ordered our bride/groom ears already from disney merchandise and we'll be wearing them 24/7, so maybe that will also give them a clue
Definitely call WDTC and make those requests, plus have them note "honeymoon"!

Please don't forget about us when you return home. We'll want to hear some of the details!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: