Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #1
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

Agrabah Cafe - reviews

This buffet restaurant is located in Adventureland and is making a welcome comeback
The restaurant is located beside the Arabian Bazaar. You'll believe that you have entered a world full of Eastern promise when you see the rich theming.

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board
20 nights Disney and Universal July 2015
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.

Last edited by Ware Bears; 07-19-2011 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Updated info
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
bavaria
Makes the best of both worlds
And to think that I was just starting to like you!
No, I'm not in trouble, I'm naturally signatureless!
Ein Prosit!

Cost 21 Euros; drinks are extra. Restaurant is currently open daily with no restrictions (we heard here earlier that only those on meal vouchers could dine; not the case)

Meal is called an 'Asian style' buffet, but is really more 'near Eastern' with a little 'middle Eastern' thrown in.

Appetizers include carrot salad, green salad, couscous salad (the wonderful one from Auberge de Cendrillion), rice salad, tomato and mozzarella salad, hard boiled eggs, grilled vegetable salad, chilled prawns.

Main courses include vegetarian lasagne, couscous, vegetable medley, sharwma, chicken wings, fish, meat entrees.

Dessert includes crepes with jam or hazelnut spread, chocolate cake, coconut cake, beignets, and a variety of other sweet items.

The restaurant is visually stunning, with incredible artwork and fabric lining the walls and ceiling. The athmosphere is very restful, with pleasant background music. Service was excellent.

I also rate this location highly for vegetarians. I found more than enough food: carrot salad, couscous salad, hard boiled eggs, German rye bread, grilled vegetables, lasagne, couscous, vegetable medley, pita bread, tzatziki, and desserts. I sadly did not have room to try any more items, but will definitely be back! This is an excellent replacement after the changes to Auberge de Cendrillion, and I hope that it continues to operate on a regular basis.

Last edited by bavaria; 11-10-2007 at 02:28 PM.
bavaria is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Thank you so much for that review bavaria,

We had a look at the photos of the restaurant on the other thread here, my DD is so excited at the prospect of eating in Agrabah .

Elaine
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:42 PM   #4
bavaria
Ein Prosit!

Elaine, I really hope that you enjoy it. There were very few guests (it was a VERY quiet day in the parks) but a lot of management around, and I did take the time to tell them how much I enjoyed the restaurant, and the quality and variety of food.

In fact, I am planning to go back next week. This has definitely shot to the top of my list of places to dine at DLRP, in terms of value for price paid and variety of items.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:06 AM   #5
Kristina
DIS Veteran

We ate here last week and were very happy with the food. Bavaria your review covered everything perfectly!

Kristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Does anyone have any photos of food and inside decor?
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #7
miffy7
Mouseketeer

I'd love to add some pictures from our trip but have no idea how.
However, we absolutely loved the food and will definitely be back.
One day, we booked for 4pm which was the last booking possible so they were clearing things away but they came and asked before doing so which i thought was really nice of them.
We were the only people there at that time.
Our other meal was ay 2.30 and was pretty quiet too.
I think we tried more or less everything on offer and it was all great but some of the salads (the broadbean salad comes to mind) seemed a teeny bit spicy for my (very adventurous) children.
Starters available - couscous, bulgur wheat, carrot salad, broadbean salad, leaf salad and roasted mediterranean vegetables. there were probably more.
Mains - incredibly tender chicken drumsticks, chinese sausages, vegetable tagine, lamb tagine, beef casserole, couscous, potato wedges and there was a plate of marinated sultanas. again, i have probably missed something.
desserts - crepes, yoghurt, honey, many different cakes and pastries including turkish/greek varieties, mandarin oranges, orange segments marinated in cinnamon.
The ambience is lovely and calm and the staff are very nice.
This is incredible value and our children loved the Aladdin themeing and music.
miffy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:47 AM   #8
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

you dont have to have half board vouchers to eat in here then?
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #9
Wuzefelix
Thinks of himself as the #1 Disney fan...like everyone else on here ;).

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
you dont have to have half board vouchers to eat in here then?
No, this restaurant is open to everyone.

I really enjoyed my time at Agrabah Cafe and I am going to eat there again this weekend .
The food was very tasty and came in a large variety. After I read that this place is very good for vegetarians, I worried a bit because a friend of mine is really into meat. But that was no problem at all because there was both a great choice of meat items and vegetarian ones.

Just one warning: There is a red sauce next to the kebab. I was stupid enough to put several spoons of it on my plate. Then I discovered that this sauce was way too hot for me .
They better should write a sign with a warning next to it, because it looks like tomato sauce and is within the reach of young children!

Apart from this, I recommend Cafe Agrabah to anyone who likes to enjoy great food in a big variety in one of the most beautiful settings in whole DLRP. Oh and try their Moroccan teas .
Wuzefelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #10
mulan1
Appreciates the OTHER 'princesses'
Am I mad to think it might be worth it?

Wow, this place sounds great, has it always been there? I don't remember hearing about it when we went last June??
Old 01-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #11
bavaria
Ein Prosit!

It opened early November or late October 2007
Old 01-16-2008, 02:56 PM   #12
mulan1
Appreciates the OTHER 'princesses'
Am I mad to think it might be worth it?

ah I see that's why then, that'll be one for us to try next time, especially with the vegetarian variety! Yum!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 AM   #13
ghockley1981
Wishes his work lift was ToT
Was brainwashed by the DLRP Clique!
Says your safe is very very safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria View Post
I also rate this location highly for vegetarians. I found more than enough food: carrot salad, couscous salad, hard boiled eggs, German rye bread, grilled vegetables, lasagne, couscous, vegetable medley, pita bread, tzatziki, and desserts. I sadly did not have room to try any more items, but will definitely be back! This is an excellent replacement after the changes to Auberge de Cendrillion, and I hope that it continues to operate on a regular basis.
Sounds great then for my veggie gf thanks very much
ghockley1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #14
Tinkjon
hailing to the pumpkin sound

is this buffet one where you can keep going back for more, or is it one plate only? Not that I'm that greedy, of course
Tinkjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 12:10 PM   #15
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

I think its one where you can go back as often as you like. Hope so as I want to try lots of different things.

We are intending to eat here when we go in July. Anyone know what type of things they have for children?
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL; Dec 13 - DLP SL, Dec 14 - DLP DLH

A Small World is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: