Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
bulah1
Mouseketeer

Red face A deluge and some dreams for Halloween

Well, we're finally back - and it's taken me long enough to get the report started! I apologize. I'll post a link to the pre-trip report for anyone who needs to catch up.

10 Year Anniversary Trip

I will have to start at the beginning of our trip though... at the VERY beginning...

At 2:30 AM to be exact. The time we had to wake up to make our VERY early 6:30 am flight. We're about 45 minutes from the airport if we drive like bandits, so we woke up super early to get through the hullaballoo that they make you do there. All said though, we were still waiting around for the plane for about an hour before loading... The plane took off promptly at 6:30 am... unheard of really, but I am not about to complain. It was still dark out, but as we ascended - you could see the very touch of sunrise along the horizon, just in the center of it the Chicago skyline. It was truly a beautiful sight!! I couldn't however reach the camera from the overhead compartment without crawling over two other sets of legs in the already squished quarters of our TED (United) airbus... I wish I'd had the camera under my seat with me instead of up there.

After a problem free flight, we landed right on time as expected. Arriving at the Orlando airport made me appreciate O'Hare a little more though! I do understand that it's going through some refurb at the moment, but generally O'Hare is a little more awesome... LOL. Got a little confused by the tram thingy's before heading to our Magical Express area downstairs.

I swear from the time we landed to the time we got on the bus - was only a half hour - IF EVEN! I was pretty darned impressed let me tell you. Within 10 minutes of boarding we were already heading out from the airport. (This experience alone solidifies how cool Magical Express is to me, and we'll be using it next time without a doubt!)

Probably less than a half hour later we were checking in at our resort - All Star Music. The people at check-in where so friendly!! They gave us pamphlet after pamphlet as it is our first time there together and wanted to be sure we had it all. The only unfortunate things really were that Rick did not get his Birthday button at the hotel, so we'd have to get that later at the Kindgom. And our hotel was located at the ends of the earth.... We got Broadway as our spot, and it was the Broadway furthest back on the property... The walk alone was worthy of losing several calories... and we obviously did it SEVERAL times during our stay.

Upon arrival we were greeted by:

And had a Mickey on our bed - that Stitch had to be a part of:

The rooms were really nice - enough space for us - and much nicer than most hotels we usually stay at.

I had been worried about the bed size for the both of us, but it really worked out fine after all. There were a few kicking and smacking incidents, but we won't talk about those... All unintentional of course!!

Rick is preparing for a nap before we head out to the MNSSHP for this evening...

Tune in for my next installment - MNSSHP - pirates on the loose!!! ARRRR
Old 11-08-2007, 08:17 PM   #2
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

A I actually first!!! WOOOO go me!!! Great start! The room looks really nice!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #3
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

Great start...keep the pictures coming.
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
Old 11-08-2007, 08:41 PM   #4
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

we will be ther in 3 days

cant wait!!!
Thanx for the reports,,,,how is the weather?LOL
Old 11-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
bulah1
Mouseketeer

Day 1 - Part Two (October 28)

OK fans! Here we go for part two!!

We snuggled in to our slightly smaller than we'd have liked bed for a few hours of good 'ol nap time. The original plan had been to grab a bite before settling in at the cafe or perhaps even Downtown Disney, but the bed was way too inviting - and ended up getting more sleep than originally planned. So we woke up TOTALLY INVIGORATED for good times at MNSSHP!! At some point during the nap we had one Mousekeeper knock on our door only to realize she had the wrong room! OOPS. Then a little later another knock on the door for our luggage!! YAY! Magical Express really DOES work!! Everything was there just as promised! Went back to sleep, can't be bothered with unpacking with only a few hours of sleep for the day under my belt! However, we ran in to a tiny bump when I had Rick set the alarm clock for 2:30 pm for us to prepare for our costumes and such... and I woke up at 3:11 with no alarm ever having gone off. Hmm... Rick - you're 29 years old now... you should know that the AM setting looks different than the PM... In any case... 3 pm was still ok, but a little closer than I'd have liked. I had wanted to jump around in MK a bit before our dinner plans but we'd just have to skip that now.

But all was well in the world. Rick is probably, however, slower to get ready than any woman I've ever met!! I got all done up in my costume and he was still in the shower... Finished my makeup and even applied false eyelashes... man those things feel funky... let me tell you! I had to wait for Rick to help me stifle into my corset... those are not to be handled by one person... it's just impossible!! So we got me all laced in and headed on our way. It was suprisingly comfortable after I was all in, it was my shoes that started to hurt early on... before we made it to the elevator my new shoes were rubbing on the bony parts of my feet making them ache. We also discovered while walking, Rick's boot-tops for the costume did not stay put! He took one step and *WHOOF* they fall to his feet. And the costume makers chinced while making the outfit and only gave him pirate capris... so when the boots fell, you got a nice shot of hairy boy legs to scare all the nice people. So off to the gift shop we went in search of safety pins... I think of everything...

Rick PRE Safety Pinning

We did make it to the gift shop, asked where the pins were - found the location - but NO PINS!! They had sewing kits, but no pins - however TWO pins were inside each sewing kit. And for Rick's boots to stay up, we needed at least two per boot... meaning two sewing kits. I checked with the cashier just to confirm that there were no pins only before I spent $8 for only four pins essentially. The manager then came up during our conversation and swore up and down that they had a few packs this morning. Soon a man-hunt was underway with almost every employee working to find the missing pins. Soon they came to the desk with FOUR packs of safety pins!! They had about a dozen pins, so I happily bought only one pack and left the others along with the sewing kit behind! Rick was saved!

Hopped on the bus to Magic Kingdom and we were on our way!! WOOT WOOT! There was a little girl on the bus who was also dressed as a pirate so she was very excited we were riding with her. It was rather sweet.

Upon entering the gateway to the Kindom it all came flooding back to me how magical it all is. I heard music in the distance, everyone was smiling, and Halloween was everywhere!! It couldn't have been a better moment for me. I was too excited to get headed in, so I apologize for no pics - but I'm sure you understand. My first vacation anywhere in 10 years, and over 15 since my last one to Disney - I didn't have photography on my mind! LOL. Since we were right on the nose of our ADR for Tony's we headed right there.

I really liked the ambiance of Tony's. Though "loud-ish" with all the people, it was still a very cool setting- and a perfect start to our anniversary trip with all the memories Lady and the Tramp holds for us. They took our name and were seated within 5 minutes of arriving. It was getting rather packed though when we got there so very glad I did make the ADR!!

The server was incredible and helped us to understand the whole dining plan. He certainly wanted to stuff us to the brim, but my corset wouldn't allow for very much to fit! (I may be on to a great new diet plan!!) Some of the servers were dressed up like Haunted Mansion ghostie guys, so that was pretty cool. I noticed over the way someone had their table decorated for a birthday. Again, a little disappointed that Rick didn't get anything because I'd made a note to tell EVERYONE when making reservations and ADR's that it is for his birthday... but oh well. It certainly didn't detract from the good time. You know, I'd heard so many people talk a bit of smack about good 'ol Tony's but honest to goodness, I really liked what we had. We both had the same food - the minestrone soup to start (pretty good) and the Spaghetti with Meatballs. It wasn't like anything great a mama would make but it was certainly decent, and I really like the meatballs. Again, they just wouldn't fit - or else I would have made it to the second ball! In all honesty Rick and I could have split one plate... but I'd already paid for it all on the dining plan so may as well use it. I WISH I could have fit a dessert in my belly, but there was no way - so on to the party. But not without some pics first to commemorate!!!

All the servers were running around like crazy but one was nice enough to stop to take a pic of us in front of the fountain! Thank you!!!

Next up - off to the Kindgom for some good ol party-ing!!
Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #6
bulah1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MousekaMaddi View Post
cant wait!!!
Thanx for the reports,,,,how is the weather?LOL
Hey there! Not too bad yet, but we had our first frost this morning out by me. Had to break out the 'ol scraper before heading off to work! Yuck... The sun's trying to come out right now too, that would be nice. Need it while I can get it... hate driving home in the dark now after work... BOO, it really stinks.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
bulah1
Mouseketeer

Now Off to the Party!! (OCT 28)

We honestly didn't know where to start... so much to do. But we did FORGET to get Rick his birthday pin all together, and just headed off to see the sights. First we stopped by the boys to snag a pic in front of the castle...

After strolling a short while we made our way back towards Dumbo. Not sure why this was our first ride, but it was. Waited about 10 minutes to get on, not too bad. However this was just before people were being cleared out of the park for the party-goers. It was already getting dark. It was kind of bizarre how quickly it all happened. Got on Dumbo and it was already starting to be dim out.

Went over to Philharmagic after that. I knew Rick would love it since he's a musician. Boy was I right! It was one of his favorite things at the park he later told me.

It was funny, on the way out of there I had turned to ask him something and he wasn't there!! Then I look further back into the exit to the building and there's Rick standing with two kids getting his picture taken!! I look at him, like "what the heck is going on??" - he finishes the picture taking and comes back by me. I guess he had gotten nabbed by these two kids yelling "Captain Jack, Captain Jack!!"... LMAO!! So his parents asked if he'd take a picture with them and he agreed. How sweet of him!

Hit up a couple more of the rides in Fantasyland - did Peter Pan and Snow White before heading out to the other "lands" in search of other stuff. I've never been on either of those rides that I can remember and have to say they were really pretty cool especially being "kid" rides! Snow White was actually scary and Peter Pan was awesome how it really was like flying! Can't go wrong with the classics I say!!

We made our way out and saw Cindy's coach along the way.

And a pretty view of the castle

Along the way we also finally saw a PhotoPass guy (ok seriously on this trip it was like pulling teeth to even FIND a PhotoPass person!! I don't know if I was just in the wrong places, but I had - count 'em - TWO pics from our entire trip. This was one of them. He took our pic in front of the lit up castle. This isn't the PhotoPass version. I ordered it online and it still hasn't come. I'll post it as soon as it does, it actually came out much nicer than this because his cam was on a pod for it.

Made our way through Liberty Square (I think this is where these are at) to hit up Haunted Mansion and everything.

(Can't skip doing that, I have a pic of me as a kid in the little one with the four holes, so had to do it as an adult!! LOL)

Jumped right on Haunted Mansion, and it is even cooler than I ever remembered. It is my favorite ride in all of Disney by far! Whatever they did in the refurb WORKS and will keep it the classic that it shall always be!! I tried taking some pics inside, but I'm not to swift with that... and got some fairly interesting "ghost" pics that I'll post later on. This was literally a walk-on... no wait whatsoever! Now that's what I'm TALKING about!! WOO HOO!

After we got out we realized everyone was lining up for the parade, so we made our way to a spot. Had to catch the horseman since the weather was good for him to go I had to see it at least once. I suck at taking pictures... but this is what I got...

He was too squirrely quick for me to capture... oh well. A few minutes later the parade followed...

Don't mind me, I went picture crazy. (And not in any particular order, sorry if they're off)

What a good Jack!! And even better Barbosa!!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
bulah1
Mouseketeer

Part 2 - MNSSHP Oct 28

EDIT: I forgot to add, Barbosa kicked so much rear! He came right up to everyone on the sidelines and chatted us all up. He found Rick and I amid the sea and wanted to recruit us for his ship. He was sooo cool! He even had his apple with him, I didn't even notice that until later looking through pics! Great detail on the costumes!!

So that's what I got from the parade. I really did enjoy it. And darned if that song would not leave my head the entire trip! I really should have purchased the cd at the park. It's so expensive online.

After that, we headed to Big Thunder Mountain, another walk-on. Maybe a five-minute wait. Such a fun ride. This was the first roller coaster I'd ridden as a child and it brought back so many memories to get back on!!

Not a big water ride fan, so we skipped Splash and decided to do Haunted Mansion again... no worries as there was no wait!!

Swung back around to hit Adventureland (as you might see by now, there was absolutely NO order to which we did things and probably exceeded the amount of walking most humans CHOOSE to do while on vacation... but we were oblivious)... did the only natural thing we knew... rode Pirates of the Caribbean. There was a performing group of pirates in some sort of band outside that was quite entertaining we caught the tail end of before jumping in line for the ride. I say line, like there was one, but there really wasn't. Another walk-on. Can't beat it!! I don't remember a ton from the original ride, but the few scenes I did remember were still there and perhaps updated (?) along with all the new cool Jack and Barbosa / Davey scenes. I loved it! Had to say I was worried what the additions would do for the ride, but I think it really worked. Jack seemed to stick out a bit to me as he just looks a bit different than the rest, but still fit in to the scheme of it really.

I was a little sad Tiki room was closed, but had to suck it up and move on. It was something I haven't seen since I was four and looked forward to sharing it with Rick, but oh well.

Headed out to Tomorrowland to see Stitch's party. As I am a huge Stitch fan, Rick had to adorn me in Stitch wear before heading to see what the party was all about.

Now, I am about one of the biggest Stitch fans out there right now... and I have to say from what I've heard about him in person at the kingdom has been hysterical. I expected hijinks and whatnot. But when Stitch arrived at his party... he seemed "off" to me. Not full of character and almost "sleepy" or just not into it that night. So I was a little disappointed and left a few mintues in. He was still pretty cute as Elvis though!! LOL

So we made our way over to the LaughFloor where we had our longest wait. Probably about 20 minutes I'd say. And it seemed longer because the couple in front of us was having a make-out session... it was rather disturbing. Now I love my guy and all but that's just something I don't want to see... seriously.

The attraction itself though was pretty cool. Not something I'll run out to do again, but it was fun to do once at least. They picked me to put up on the screen first thing as everyone was still coming in and I didn't know it was going to happen at all, so wasn't expecting it. So by the time I saw my face up there I had no idea what was written below it... doh! Just missed it. But they picked some really funny people to play along, so it was very entertaining! One little girl didn't "get" it so she curled up in her mom's armpit while she was in the spotlight. LOL.

After that we went over to Stitch's ride. Another one I won't race out to do again, but had to do it once to know what the talk is about! It certainly WAS an experience... LOL. Big surprise, this was a walk-on!

Headed off to Space Mountain which was another short wait, maybe 5 minutes (once you walked the 16 miles that it takes to actually get up there! LOL). WHEW. What a work-out we kept getting. This ride still rocks!

After that we gave Buzz a go, another walk-on wait. I was pretty pleased with it - it was cartoony and fun. A little bummed that at the end when we should have seen our space pirates fighting Zurg in a photographic memory - we found that our image had been "Zapped by the Evil Emporer Zurg"... so we couldn't even see what dummies we looked like. Oh well.

In any case... we felt we'd done everything we wanted to and thought it would be cool to hit up our favorites one last time - so trekked all the way across the park again to Haunted Mansion (it's amazing you see something new every time! LOL) - and then on the way out hit up Space Mountain for a last whizz through the galaxy. Still got out of there before closing, but then again we didn't focus on trick-or-treating that night as lines had looked very long - and the character meet-and-greets were even longer than treat lines! So we stuck to rides and a few pictures for the most part. And I will just say it was pretty awesome.

We somehow MISSED fireworks if they had them... not sure how. And in retrospect I wish I'd taken advantage of this night for taking more pictures of the atmosphere there, because on our return trip on the 30th the rain certainly kept my camera in the bag much of the night... OH well, all retrospect I guess.

We still had a blast, and at least I got these pics!

Last edited by bulah1; 11-09-2007 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #9
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Just had to give you mad props for those pictures from the parade. My pictures never turn out even remotely close to that. Try as I might. But yours are AMAZING! They put me right back there on that curb and I can hear that catchy Boo To You music playing. Heck, I could even see straight up Jack Sparrow's left nostril if I wanted to. No, I didn't really want to, but I'm just saying I could if I was into that kind of thing.

Which I'm not.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anywho, I love the pictures. You've got some serious skillz. What kind of camera do you use?

We've done MNSSHP several times and we love the fact that the rides are pretty much walk-ons. It really makes the night for us. Well, that and the shovel guys during the parade. Sorry to hear you misssed the fireworks though. Those are awesome.

Glad you had fun. Keep it coming.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #10
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Great update! We had a blast at the party too...I LOVED the parade!!! Those guys with the shovels were sooooo cool!!!!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 11-09-2007, 01:00 PM   #11
bulah1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa View Post
Just had to give you mad props for those pictures from the parade. My pictures never turn out even remotely close to that. Try as I might. But yours are AMAZING! They put me right back there on that curb and I can hear that catchy Boo To You music playing. Heck, I could even see straight up Jack Sparrow's left nostril if I wanted to. No, I didn't really want to, but I'm just saying I could if I was into that kind of thing.

Which I'm not.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anywho, I love the pictures. You've got some serious skillz. What kind of camera do you use?

We've done MNSSHP several times and we love the fact that the rides are pretty much walk-ons. It really makes the night for us. Well, that and the shovel guys during the parade. Sorry to hear you misssed the fireworks though. Those are awesome.

Glad you had fun. Keep it coming.
OMG, no kidding about Jack, it was pretty cool how close we were to the floats as they came by - and I super zoomed in to get him. Yes, I'm a bit smitten with him as well as most other girls... I couldn't exactly tell Rick how much I was crushing on him at the time, but the guy had Johnny down pat - and I admit I was swooning. And you're right about the nostril thing! LMAO! Good thing it looks rather well groomed for the angle most of us are viewing it from!! LOL

I shoot with a Nikon D70 - I think that's what the PhotoPass guys use too. It certainly does most of the work for me, but during night shots for like the rides and fireworks, etc. - I am still a complete amateur and had it do what it could as I am truley clueless! You will see later with my Haunted Mansion pics when I get those up. I did find it sucked lugging around that camera for the trip... I'd wished for a small snapshot camera instead... I guess either way has it's bonuses. I still love my camera and really go nowhere without it.

I did miss the fireworks this time around, but was lucky enough to catch them on our second party night on the 30th - but didn't get any pics due to rain. Didn't want to damage the cam in any way. BUT at least we did get to see them, and YES they were pretty freakin' awesome!!

I LOVED the walk-ons to the rides which makes me debate going any other time of year really! LOL. The fewer people there are the happier fiancee and I are! Not crowd people at all, but we did really well on our trip. No temper tantrums on either of our parts! LOL

Last edited by bulah1; 11-09-2007 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #12
bulah1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Great update! We had a blast at the party too...I LOVED the parade!!! Those guys with the shovels were sooooo cool!!!!
They did rock didn't they??!! You know I was totally bummed I couldn't manage to capture the "sparks" from the shovels in my shots. I wish I had!!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:11 PM   #13
meeko_33785
Surrounded by characters

Great report. I really enjoyed all your pics too. Looks like you both had great costumes for the party.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:35 AM   #14
TripTime
Mouseketeer

Love the parade pics.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #15
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

your picture are awesome!

looking forward to the next installment.

it's great you had a super time on your vacation!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: