Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Best Month To Go To Disneyland With The Least Crowds?
February 14 46.67%
March 2 6.67%
April 0 0%
May 2 6.67%
August 0 0%
September 5 16.67%
October 2 6.67%
November 1 3.33%
December 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #1
flameboy2727
Bengals #1

When Is The Best Time Go To Disneyland With The Least Crowds?

So I really wanna go to Disneyland in 2008, i just don't know when.
I want to go when there are the least amount of crowds.
What month and time do you guys think would be least crowded?
flameboy2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:36 AM   #2
piratemomof4
Earning My Ears

First time

My family and I are planning a trip to disneyland it will be my first time and I am excited. . . we are going in May! I can't wait. Any great ideas for me?
piratemomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2007, 09:50 AM   #3
drag n' fly
Bucket list alert!!...Rode the Lilly Belle and dined at Club 33 on the same day with Dave Smith!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameboy2727 View Post
The beginning of September right until a week before the US Thanksgiving is a nice time to go. Weather is warm, crowds are low. You do have trade-offs however during low seasons. Park hours are shorter, not all parades are running and they tend to use the slow times for rehabs.
drag n' fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:55 AM   #4
drag n' fly
Bucket list alert!!...Rode the Lilly Belle and dined at Club 33 on the same day with Dave Smith!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratemomof4 View Post
My family and I are planning a trip to disneyland it will be my first time and I am excited. . . we are going in May! I can't wait. Any great ideas for me?

My only suggestion is make sure you don't arrive Memorial Day weekend. Read the sticky's on the top of this forum and have fun! The first 2 weeks of May would be a nice time to go also
drag n' fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
Leofoenget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameboy2727 View Post
Well there are many months where a week here week there on a tues/wed is very quite. When I went in a Thursday in Sept it was walk on many rides but the next Friday was very busy. I would say Sept, Oct Nov Dec certian times during the month, tues/thurs very nice. But in the case of Dec the beginning of the month can be dead but by the end of the month CRAZY PACKED. I also went Mid May and it was very nice, but by memorial day busy.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 AM   #6
camouseketeer
DIS Veteran

First week of February
First week of May
Week after Labor Day in September
camouseketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
kiwitravel
Kiwis like Tiggers

I wouldn't want to go in the quietest times as rides are down for maintenance. We go at the end of June through early July because its when our school hols are here in NZ, we had very few waits that were over 10 minutes by using the FP system actively. The shows were every night, the park is open longer and everything is running.

I wouldn't mind trying September for our next trip, looking at the TRs this year that was very quiet and everything was running, October got very bust though.
kiwitravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
lulubelle
I am Miss Klutz Woman
We could seriously have a Pirate Party in there!
As far as pants go, we were not allowed to wear them

I would pick the middle to end of September. Uncrowded and warm. Second choice would be first week of February. Uncrowded and cool (but may rain). I have been every month of the year and that's what I like. Of course, early November is good, too

Good luck deciding.

DH~You will forever be in my heart
lulubelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #9
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

This same discussion is going on at the WDW boards. . .I personally don't believe there is a "true" downtime anymore. I have learned to enjoy myself even when the park is PACKED TO NEAR CAPACITY. The slowest times are usually after School in California starts in September (last two weeks being the best), Late January and Early February, and Late April (well after Spring Break). I'll be honest with you and say that I will go ANYTIME because I know how to use the Fastpass system to maximize my stay. Learn Hydroguy's fastpass secrets and it won't matter what time of year you go. . .you will have a blast.
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
ilvpoohbear76
Earning My Ears

Ok I thought I would add my input as well.
I really like the second week of January as it seems really quite there at that time of year........I guess everyones pooped and headed back to work/school after all the Thanksgiving, Christmas, New years vacations and usually by the second week in January everyone is back at work and to school so if you can get off during that time it has always been great for us!
Might get a bit chilly but then that leaves you the perfect excuse to buy one or 2 or even more of the really nice (of course over priced) sweatshirts that Disney has!! I do have to say that even though the sweatshirts cost some money they are well worth it as they are quality made and last for a long time........DH and I have some that are years old that still look brand new and yes we do wear them often......we take good care of them and they hold up because the quality is not poor.

Anyhow I know January was not on your list for this question but I just wanted to add that Dh and I always have a great time during this time of year!

We have 2 reservations for this January 08 one is at the GCH and the other is at the DLH!!!!!
Thank you AP5 rate...............so happy you made your appearance yesterday!!!!

Ok well I guess I have said enough so I will leave with this TTFN
and HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!
ilvpoohbear76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:41 PM   #11
jaanders
DSNYLVR

We went this year from Sept 1-10. We have gone in May/Oct and Sept was by far better. Weather was HOT, REAL HOT. But we were told its never this hot. The first weekend had parades/fireworks etc, then the rest of the week was dead. We will plan every trip to Disney in Sept.
jaanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:15 AM   #12
50sjayne
DIS Veteran

Hi. I don't know anything about the annnual pass holders thing but I remember picking a slow week before and it ended up being amazingly busy as it was the last day for the CA pass holders to get in the park that year or something like that. Is there any way to tell when it's a passholder day? Are they pretty frequent like everyday but somedays? Just curious. Were out of state btw.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #13
CrazyaboutCinderella
Can we please move to Disney?

Sister trip in January 08

My sis and I are going to DL the weekend of Jan 11-13. Does anybody know what the crowds are like then? Also, what is the weather like at that time? We are from St. Louis and it gets pretty chilly here around that time. We are figuring maybe bringing some summerlike clothes with us. We'll of course leave with our winter coats on and hopefully be able to just pack it up in our suitcase for the weekend.

CrazyaboutCinderella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #14
azgal81
I am such a big fan of color
How do you even iron a triangle and some string?
I have claustrophobic feet

Where is January? I always go then in the middle of the month and it's perfect low crowds, minimum waits and decent weather.
azgal81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:48 PM   #15
Leofoenget
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyaboutCinderella View Post
My sis and I are going to DL the weekend of Jan 11-13. Does anybody know what the crowds are like then? Also, what is the weather like at that time? We are from St. Louis and it gets pretty chilly here around that time. We are figuring maybe bringing some summerlike clothes with us. We'll of course leave with our winter coats on and hopefully be able to just pack it up in our suitcase for the weekend.

It may not be AS COLD in LA as St Louis, but dont' leave those jackets at home. It can get VERY CHILLY in LA in Jan. If it's clear and sunny it's probably cold and breezy. Bring layers and a warm hat and gloves. Maybe you won't need it, but you very well might. Bring moisterizer,chap stick and sun screen.

Crowds should be very nice. schools are finally back in.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: