Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
inmyis
Disney Dude and Diva

Just Back : Quick reviews

My DW and I just got back from 7 day stay at OKW and BWV. We had a wonderful time. Here is a quick hit review of our restaurants:

Wed: Went into Epcot and decided to do lunch at Le Cellier. We figured we might need to beg and plead but only had a 10 min wait at 12:50pm. Servive and food were very good. Love those pretzel breadsticks and cheddar soup. The NY strip, with maple bbq sauce on side, was excellent. Drank around the World for the first time. (actualy split a drink at each country between us) Had quick serve at OKW for dinner.

Thu: Went to Busch Gardens for day. Great day trip.

Fri: Coffee and bagels in room. Late Lunch at Yak and Yeti. We ended up eating at bar with very comfy seats. We had a great conversation with David "the barkeep". DW loved the pot stickers and we both enjoyed the sweet and sour chicken w/rice. The drinks were fun as well especially the sparkling sake martini.

Sat: Checked in at BWV. Great snacks from the Boardwalk Bakery. Dinner at Rose and Crown was excellent. Karla, our server, was fantastic, lots of fun. DW loved her Tea Time Chicken! We sat on the porch and had a great view of Illuminations. A truly wnderful time.

Sun: Breakfast at Spoodles. Horrible We sat down and I needed to run back to the room. DW ordered and specifically said to hold off until I returned. The waiter brought food to table almost immediately. She sent it back. I was back in about 7 minutes. Food arrives and is cold. Send it back and the chef looked put out. My wifes waffle came back again and you could tell they through the same bacon back on the plate, it had her bite mark. DW said it was like an expensive drive through meal. Get them in and out no matter what. Even the table of seven next to us were having issues as well. Very dissapointed!
Dinner at Grand Floridian Cafe was much better. We had no idea that this little gem was there. We knew of Citricos, Narcoossees and Victoria and Alberts but had no idea of what a nice place this was. We enjoyed a very nice meal and liked the prime rib. But we especially thought the French Onion soup was exceptional!

Mon: simple lunch at Cosmic Rays in MK. Nothing special but good chili cheese fries!
Dinner at Flying Fish. Best restaurant experience of this trip.. We sat at the "Chef's Bar" at the kitchen. We talked with Victor and Shawne as they were preparing the food. DW went with Victor's suggestion of the Red Snapper (she had never had it before)and it was fantastic. I enjoyed the chared steak which was unbelievably juicy. Great service and a wonderfultime!!

All in all another great trip. Used DDE card and heard servers are not happy with new DDP. Also, much less people on it than last year.
inmyis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
dizneyfan
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the post...sorry to hear about Spoodles...the reviews are very hit & miss here.

--dizneyfan
dizneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
wilderness01
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

Either the food for breakfast at Spoodles was piping hot or ice cold the times we were there. Too unpredictable that is for sure.

What is wrong with the new DDP?

Prepare your child for the path, not the path for your child.
wilderness01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:49 AM   #4
Mamu

DIS Veteran
A perennial favorite
My children call me "Mud Duck"

We always loved Spoodles, breakfast and dinner.

After our trip last week dinner is now off our list of restaurants, Awful, sounds like breakfast should be crossed-off too.

Thanks for the review. Spoodles is now history for us.

Mamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:28 AM   #6
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

So glad to hear that you loved FF...both the snapper and the steak are incredible!

Sorry to hear about Spoodles, we love it, especially for dinner. Hopefully they're not going downhill.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
Phedre
I only like to blink while the road is fully paved and bright!

Thanks for your reviews! Now I definitely want to try Flying Fish!! :D

82 off-site * Mar 86 CR * Apr 87 Poly * Dec 87 Poly * Mar 89 CBR * Dec 90 CBR * Mar 93 CBR * Mar 94 PO * Apr 95 ASMu * Nov 95 CBR * Mar 96 WL * Dec 97 CBR * Jan 00 off-site * Feb 00 All Stars * 2000 College Program * Mar 00 CSR * May 00 DI * Dec 00 off-site * July 02 BC Conc. * Nov 02 Poly Conc. * Mar 03 CBR * Aug 03 ASSports * Oct 03 CBR * Dec 03 CBR * Apr 04 off-site * Oct 04 Pop * May 05 FW Cabin * Oct 05 Poly * Jan 06 AKL * May 06 CR * Oct 06 POR * Oct 07 AKV (TR here) * Jan 08 AKV - 1/2 Marathon 3:08 (TR here)* May 08 BCV (DH's TR here) * Oct 08 AKV/OKW * Oct 09 BCV * May 10 AKV * Oct 10 DCL/BLT * Dec 10 AKV/OKW/CBR (yup, split stay 3 way, lol)* Feb 11 BWV * May 11 BLT * Oct 11 BCV * Jan 12 AKV *
***Next Up - May 12 SSR ***
Phedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:38 AM   #8
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Excellent
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
mrsbelle
Earning My Ears

Great reviews- thanks!

My son and his beloved "Mi-Mow".
mrsbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #10
Hull-onian
Mouseketeer

We had a bad experience at Spoodles too. Service was good, but the food way under par. You wrote an excellent post.
Hull-onian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:01 AM   #11
Ron from Michigan
Our first Grandchild !!!

Thanks for the reviews. I agree with you about your gem of a restaurant GFC. We have eaten there several times and enjoyed it every time.
Ron from Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 AM   #12
MinnieMommy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the reviews!

A little off-topic, but I was wondering if you could make a recommendation for a family friendly dinner in Manchester, NH. We will be flying out from MHT in May, but will be spending an extra day there before. Thought it would be nice to have a table service meal (as we will likely be having too many counter service meals at WDW), that doesn't have a Disney price.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: