Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #16
SUZI
Mouseketeer

Just subscribing.
Thanks for all the info!
SUZI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #17
cccory
Mouseketeer

Photopass CD

I just read that you can only get one account number on a CD.

High-resolution .jpg files of all photos taken by Disney's PhotoPass photographers that currently exist in your DisneyPhotoPass.com account (photos from multiple accounts cannot be combined onto one CD).

Is this true? I'm concerned because what if we split up and the other person has the card, are we going to miss out on all those other photo's??
cccory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #18
granolacruncher11
Mouseketeer

This just means that if you open a new account for each of your photopass cards they cannot all be combined onto one CD. All of your photopass cards must be registered to ONE account in order to put them all on one CD. Does that make sense?
Old 11-10-2007, 02:58 PM   #19
cccory
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by granolacruncher11 View Post
This just means that if you open a new account for each of your photopass cards they cannot all be combined onto one CD. All of your photopass cards must be registered to ONE account in order to put them all on one CD. Does that make sense?
How do I or where do I register them all together?
Old 11-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #20
Fairy Mom
Mouseketeer

More Helpful Hints

Supporting the previous reply... Yes, have the group split up, you can have multiple cards. Just remember that you need to add all these card to only ONE photopass account.

Personally, my family had one photopass card from the Grand Floridian Photo Session, one we used in the parks (which included my daughter's Bippity Boppity Boutique - during her makeover, in the rose garden, and inside with the white backdrop - we continued to use this same card all week. We also had pictures from CRT (code located on the corner of the picture), Chef Mickey (code), and Arkushus (code). Also, MNSSHP pictures on a card (Since I pre-purchase the CD, I also added these picture onto my ONE account). Almost forgot, I had three more photopass cards from the waterparks.

So you see, you may add many pictures onto your account. We had about 275 pictures! After borders and cropping, we had about 1000+.

MOST IMPORTANT... Go ahead and stop by the photoshops at Disney to view your photos before you leave. You want to see them and make sure they look as wonderful as you hope. You can do this as many times as you like while at Disney.

MY SUGGESTION... Don't upload the photopass cards to your account until you get home. Your 30 days start the first time you enter a card. I was very tired after our vacation. Luckily, I waited two weeks before I entered all of my photopass cards to my account. Then, I had 30 days for editing. And if you plan to take advantage of this wonderful option. I needed all these days to crop and add borders.

You have thirty days to claim your photos taken at Disney. Just remember this and you will be fine.

Precaution...I did have one problem, but I emailed the photopass team (directions on photopass website) and after they understood my problem, I was resolved. What happened was...only one code was issued at Chef Mickey for the family before me AND my family. The first family claimed their photo (and mine!). So, I couldn't add the photopass number to my account because the number was already claimed. At first I was frustrated and upset. After emailing photopass, they explained that they while the card could not be claimed my more than one account, the pictures could be manually added to my account. Hurray! It worked. I just had to be patient.

Hope this info helps. Enjoy your vacation... Don't for special picture oppunities like holding tinkerbell and holding simba at AK.
Fairy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #21
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

i heartily advise reading http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass for everything you want to know, need to know and much more so you can make the most out of the system

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:07 PM   #22
cccory
Mouseketeer

I completely understand now! And what a relief that I don't have to worry about who has the card. Thank you, granolacruncher11 & Fairy Mom
And that's a great tip: To wait a couple of days after you get home, so you have the time to work on the pictures.

bradk - I did check out this web-site and they did say that there was no limit on how many cards you can have, but what was confusing me is ordering the CD. It says on the disney web-site that "photos from multiple accounts cannot be combined onto one CD." So that's what was confusing me. I was thinking every card you got is a different account.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #23
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

fair enough (i wrote that btw). i've heard the confusion a few times, especially after allearsnet posted a completely erroneous reader's tip about it. i just re-read the page and it doesn't cover that element of confusion, i'll fix it when i get back home

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:02 PM   #24
cyctorres
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by salleys View Post
If I want to purchace the Chef Mickey's photo package to add to my photo pass how much will that be?
Salley
I want to know too

cyctorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:10 PM   #25
Shell0616
Mouseketeer

BradK-

Thanks for the link. It really did answer the one question I had and could not find the answer to!

Shellie
Old 11-11-2007, 05:29 AM   #26
rookie2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all of the great info. We went to WDW for the first time last year and had never heard of the photo pass. We did not find out about it until the 3rd day of a 5 day trip. So we just ordered the Photo book. We are returning in Jan and plan to utilize this wonderful perk.

rookie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:59 AM   #27
estherhead
DIS Veteran

I can't remember exactly how much the photo was at Chef Mickey's but I think it was around $30.00. It was cheap enough that we pondered getting it because we all looked pretty good, but expensive enough that we didn't.

Actually, we were happy we didn't because we have so many Photopass photos that we don't know what we'll do with them! No reason to pay to get another one.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #28
MOmousefan
DIS Veteran

Photpass

Also don't forget that certain character photos have their own borders. We missed this, but some attractions like HM will have custom borders as well. The photographers will also use your personal camera to take pictures. We feel the price is worth the results.

Our 2008 Christmas Trip Report
Our 2007 Trip
Our 2005 Trip
See all of my Videos
MOmousefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #29
DisneyBaby2004
DIS Veteran

How long to upload

I have heard that is takes a long time to upload the pics. Can you give an estimate of what this means. I have Bellsouth DSL if that helps. Thanks!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 PM   #30
estherhead
DIS Veteran

It is a bit slow, but not painfully. I have high speed Roadrunner & with 300+ photos it took well under 5 minutes to load. It does take a long time to crop & add the borders though as each one takes a bit & when you have a lot then the time starts to add up.

I have a laptop & just worked on it for a few weekends off & on while I watched football.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: