Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2007, 07:28 PM   #1
scakul
Mouseketeer

Photopass Questions

Even with all of the other posts about this and after reading on other sites, I still don't get it.

If I purchase the photopass CD for $125 ($25 off if I order before I go) - what actually am I purchasing? I have no intention of buying prints later; I just want someone to take pictures of DH and me while we're there.

Will I have access to all of the pictures after I get home?

What happens on my next trip? Do I have to pay the $125 again?

I'm so confused!
scakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:05 PM   #2
bradk
She runs to get away from you.

did you read http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass ?

bradk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
estherhead
DIS Veteran

I was confused before we went too but I trusted everyone on this site & went for it. I went on the Photopass sight & pre-purchased the disk for $99.00. They then sent me 2 e-mails almost immediately (within an hour.) One was really confusing because it said they had shipped my order but it wasn't true (they don't ship anything when you pre-pay, the e-mail is all you get.)

One of the e-mails said "Don't delete!" and it had a number on it. The number is what you are buying. OK, so you save that e-mail on your home computer & you leave for Disney.

Your very first day at Disney, you're very first moment you find a Photopass person (they are always right in the front gate of all parks.) You walk up to them & say, "Can you give me a card & take our photo?" They will happily oblige & take all kinds of photos of you. Take a photo of the number on the card with your own camera in case you lose the card while at Disney. We lost one of ours, just get a new one. As long as you have the number off the back of the card you can retrieve your photos when you get home.

Then find as many Photopass people as possible & do as many fun poses as possible. We had a great time with it. You won't be able to see any of them at the time. You are just collecting them on the cards.

When you get home go onto the Photopass site. Type in the numbers from the back of all your cards into the appropriate spots on the site. Suddenly there you both will be! Hopefully there will be lots of photos of the two of you.

Click on one. On the right side of the screen (you both will be on the left) there will be 4-7 choices of borders to add to that photo which match the park or characters it was taken with.) Play around & save which ones look the best with it. Crop it if you feel like it & then add a border. Save the new photo you just created.

When you are done playing with all the borders & cropping and saving your photos you should have MANY if done properly. We were there 7 days, didn't obsess about finding Photopass people, and ended up have 100+ when we got home & I cropped & edited my way to having 300+.

At that point you say you are ready to order your CD. It gives you a spot to type in the special number from the e-mail you saved. The total amount due will be $0.00.

In a week or two you will receive a cool CD (or 2) in a cool case with the rights to your photos & you can put them on your computer or print them out at Wal-Mart.

It was awesome & I would do it again in a heartbeat! And I only like to do things that are really good deals.
estherhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 PM   #4
MousekaMaddi
DIS Veteran

wow

very very well written, thanx soooooooooo much for that!! gREAT JOB!!
MousekaMaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 PM   #5
scakul
Mouseketeer

Thanks!! Now I get it.
scakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:02 PM   #6
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
Click on one. On the right side of the screen (you both will be on the left) there will be 4-7 choices of borders to add to that photo which match the park or characters it was taken with.) Play around & save which ones look the best with it. Crop it if you feel like it & then add a border. Save the new photo you just created.
This part caught my eye! Are there really more than 4 borders available on some of the pictures now? When I did this last June, there were only 4 for each picture. That will be great if they now have more choices! The 4 was really tough when our trip spanned the New Year, and we really only had 2 with the appropriate year, so hopefully the greater number of choices would help with that!
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
bradk

yes, it affects mostly those with autographs which used to knock off the standard borders.

it's mentioned on http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass but i think it could be presented better

Old 11-05-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
estherhead
DIS Veteran

We had lots of choices. The ones at the front gate only had 4. However when we got our photo taken in Great Britain Epcot with the whole 100 Acre Wood bunch we had the 4 official Epcot choices plus each individual autograph plus all the autographs together. It made it very nice. And at TL & BB there were quite a few choices too, not just one which was very nice in covering up part of me in a bathing suit!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:54 AM   #9
scrappin
Mouseketeer

Does it include ride pics?

I read the photopass site and I am still confused

Does this pass also include the ride pics that are taken at the dinosaur ride? I usually take a ton of pictures - I love pictures - I am just trying to figure out if this is worth it or not.
scrappin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:06 AM   #10
diddldonna
DIS Veteran

Only Test Track ride can be added at this moment in time.

Donna

Past WDW Vacations: 2013 OKW, 2010 OKW, 2007 ASM, 2005 ASM, 2004 off site.
diddldonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 AM   #11
bradk

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappin View Post
I read the photopass site and I am still confused
you read http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass ? not good if it's confusing

to answer your question

Quote:
Currently, Test Track in Epcot is the only attraction to feature PhotoPass technology. After exiting the attraction, guests can locate their ride photo on a bank of monitors and insert their PhotoPass card into a slot (which has an indicator that momentarily turns from red to green upon successfully crediting the photo to the card) to claim it. There should be a cast member at the monitors to assist any guests that may be having difficulties as well as to distribute new cards to those who need them.

he Test Track photo border is one of the options when viewing the photo online or purchasing it in the parks.

It’s expected that more attractions will include support for PhotoPass in the future, but it’s likely to appear on newer attractions before the older attractions receive this feature.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #12
estherhead
DIS Veteran

We added the Test Track photo to our Photopass. It is VERY easy to do. It is the only ride which you can add to Photopass. The others you must buy the Disney version at the desk. You also cannot put Character meal photos (like at Chef Mickey's & the Luau) on your Photopass. You must buy the packages there.

Even still, the Photopass is worth it. We had so many cool photos on the Photopass that we didn't miss our "official" Chef Mickey photo at all.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #13
bradk

Quote:
Originally Posted by estherhead View Post
You also cannot put Character meal photos (like at Chef Mickey's & the Luau) on your Photopass. You must buy the packages there.
half-right. you must purchase the photo packages (except at CRT where it's built into the dining price), but if you do that, you CAN add them to photopass.

also from http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass :

Quote:
Guests who dine at Cinderella’s Royal Table or purchase a photo package at another of the dining locations where a photo package is offered are in for an additional treat – those photos can be added to PhotoPass and subsequently treated like any other PhotoPass photo. The main photo will have a PhotoPass ID number (should start with EVNT) and the guest can now claim those photos either at a PhotoPass service location or on their disneyphotopass.com account as if it were another PhotoPass card.

Dining locations that offer photo packages are as follows:

* Cinderella's Royal Table
* Princess Storybook at Akershus
* Breakfastosaurus / Donald's Safari Breakfast
* Chef Mickey's
* Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
* 'Ohana at Disney's Polynesian Resort
* Mickey's Backyard Barbecue
* Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

Cinderella's Royal Table even has its own special PhotoPass borders available:

Old 11-06-2007, 11:14 AM   #14
Bella34
Mouseketeer

Thanks Estherhead

Your explanation is the best I've read. To the point & easy to understand. I pre-purchased a CD for our trip - we leave tomorrow

Can you tell I'm just the teensiest bit excited???? (Not even sure if that is a word - but I don't care!)
Bella34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:32 AM   #15
salleys
Mouseketeer

If I want to purchace the Chef Mickey's photo package to add to my photo pass how much will that be?
Salley
salleys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: