Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #1
hppy2bhome
Mouseketeer

Where to buy Disney pins for Trading

Where the best place to buy these?

Is there a seller on Ebay that you deal with a lot and have been happy?

Thanks
hppy2bhome
Dec 2004 Oct 2005 April 2006 Make a Wish Trip

Feb 2007
Dec 2007
FEB 2009
Aug 2009 just the girls and I.
Jan 2010.
hppy2bhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
kashkdz
DIS Veteran

We're heading to Disney next week and before each trip I do my Disney pin shopping online (among other Disney purchases). I could put the link in here , but it may be removed. I purchased 50 pins for less than $100!!! Thats around 2 dollars a pin!!! (That's what I usually spend)... I've used this seller before (twodizzy4dizney) and haven't had any problems. My simple advice -- always look at the sellers feedback, if there are negs (read and see why), you may want to avoid....look for >99% positive feedback and you should be fine.

12-11 -- DISNEY DREAM CRUISE!
11-09 -- Hilton Head
11-07 -- Beach Club
06-06 -- Hilton Head
11-05 -- Saratoga Springs
07-04 -- Hilton Head
10-03 -- POR (New DVC Owners at SSR!!!)
11-02 -- ASMo
05-98 -- Offsite
04-92 -- Offsite
kashkdz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
meier56013
DVC Member

I recently used pinseller.com and purchased 100 pins for about $280. Good pins and no ebay worries.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:54 AM   #4
zgirl
Mouseketeer

We were VERY happy with our purchase from www.mousepinsonline.com and it looks like their anniversary sale is still going. $1.75 per pin.
zgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
meandtheguys2
Did not need to resort to hissy fit
Why is it a his-sy fit and not a her-sy fit?

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1267432

If you see an ebay auction you are interested in, the lovely folks on this thread will help look into for you.

The $1.75 pins on mousepins are propins. Nasty, small, icky pins. You can get far better pins on ebay, or even at that website for a mere $.25 more. Including nice lanyard pins, etc.

Have fun pin trading!
meandtheguys2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:12 AM   #6
zgirl
Mouseketeer

Not all of the pins we got were Propins (from Mousepins) and if we are trading them, why does it matter? They all have the Disney logo on the back. I thought that was the important thing?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #7
meandtheguys2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgirl View Post
Not all of the pins we got were Propins (from Mousepins) and if we are trading them, why does it matter? They all have the Disney logo on the back. I thought that was the important thing?
While legal, why trade pins that no one wants to trade for? A few are cute, but when the CM's lanyards are filled with them, and with sedesmas it takes all of the fun out of trading.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:58 AM   #8
zgirl
Mouseketeer

I guess because we are not serious pin traders it doesn't make a difference to us. Last year my kids (ages 6 and 8) actually traded CMs for what I now know are Propins. So even though one person may think they are small and icky, others like them. One mans trash is another's treasure, I guess....
Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 AM   #9
0hmyheck
Mouseketeer

I worry about the outrageous shipping cost from ebay now. I know the sellers must charge to get the fees paid but $3.00 for one pin?

I buy from sellers that only charge .50 for the combined pins.
0hmyheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 10:03 AM   #10
meandtheguys2

LOL, my kids trade for them, too. Then, when we get home, they trade them to me, because the novelty has worn off! (We came home with 4 sedesma hyenas last trip...)
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
Adi12982
DIS Veteran

ebay seller pincastle is the BEST - he has a website too - pincastle.com

Adi12982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
actionvaughn
Death
That's pretty much it

zgirl, that's kind of a negative way of putting things. Propins and Sedemsas are generally frowned upon in the pin trading community, but if everyone used those as traders, I don't think you'd be very happy about finding nothing but junk pins on lanyards. It doesn't seem to fair to cast members who have to discard them at the end of the day or your fellow traders who are trying to get quality pins just like yourself...

To the OP, try the dizpins site. Some posters offer trading pins for about 2.30 and other have some really great pins you might want to get as keepers. I'm so in love with some that I just received in the mail. Take a look around and good luck!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #13
zgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
zgirl, that's kind of a negative way of putting things. Propins and Sedemsas are generally frowned upon in the pin trading community, but if everyone used those as traders, I don't think you'd be very happy about finding nothing but junk pins on lanyards. It doesn't seem to fair to cast members who have to discard them at the end of the day or your fellow traders who are trying to get quality pins just like yourself...
I guess I am confused about what I said that was negative. My kids (nor I) are not "professional" or "seasoned" traders - they are 7 and 9. I no idea Propins were considered "junk" until today. I thought as long as they said Disney on the back they were fine, but obviously I have been corrected. My kids actually like the pins you call junk. We are even keeping some of the ones we bought from Mousepins that were for trading. Not everyone is so serious about pin trading. And I don't think I ever claimed that I was trying to get "quality" pins in exchange for what you call junk - I don't even trade them, my kids do! They just trade for whatever happens to catch their eye, whether it is Sedemsa, Propin or whatever - they don't care - they never know the difference. And I have a feeling there are many other kids, and probably adults out there that are just like my family.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #14
actionvaughn
Death
That's pretty much it

To me, it kinda sounded like you were implying that you knew that propins and sedemsas were junk pins and were still planning on using them to trade to cast members despite it... Forgive me if I sound a little negative, but even though I haven't been trading for long, it kinda makes me little upset seeing a whole bunch of scrapper pins on cast lanyards when a lot of other "serious" traders and even people like myself have already put a lot of money into pin trading.

It's always good to save money of course, but I personally would be willing to pay a little more for official Disney trading pins I'm planning on using as traders. I'm glad that you guys have found this fun hobby and I understand that you and your kiddos aren't serious traders, just please know what you trade for affects other traders.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #15
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandtheguys2 View Post
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1267432

If you see an ebay auction you are interested in, the lovely folks on this thread will help look into for you.

The $1.75 pins on mousepins are propins. Nasty, small, icky pins. You can get far better pins on ebay, or even at that website for a mere $.25 more. Including nice lanyard pins, etc.

Have fun pin trading!
I ordered a bunch of the lanyard pins for $2 from them recently as I was concerned about the selection of the $1.75 pins. How did they get all those lanyard pins, anyway? Or don't I want to know? I thought those were only given to CM's for trading, and my kids always looked for them on lanyards. I may have to convince them to trade these because they're used to considering these keepers! Not that we're really serious about it - in spite of having probably 300 pins! If only I knew how much they'd enjoy pin trading when I bought my first bunch from Disney store at the mall for .68 in 2001!
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: