Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
scrappin
Mouseketeer

Happy Holidays with Mickey - a Dream Factory Trip! - Our First Trip to Disneyworld!

Our first trip to Disney is in less than 60 days. We just confirmed we were going about 10 days ago! It is all happening so fast that I just can't believe it. I have printed out a lot of information, signed up for the "mike" guy, and started a little planning.

I am off tomorrow to buy disney dollars at the disney store - I am going to start paying the kids in disney dollars for chores around the house.

I have also acquired a PAL mickey which I hope will add to the fun!

I will write more as we begin our crash course in disney planning. Just found these boards in the last week or so and have been reading like crazy at all hours of the night! Hope to read through some more trip reports to get some more great ideas!

Plan to add more soon!!!

Last edited by scrappin; 03-19-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
Avivasmom
DIS Veteran

How cool...never like a crash course.

We will be there in 62 days too for my DD 7th bday but first we have a trip in 24 days.

You will have a blast!
Offsite (3 times), CBR Dec 2004, POR May 2005, AKL Nov 2005, CSR May 2006,POFQ June 2006,POFQ Nov 2006, BWV July/Aug 2007, BCV Nov 2007, POFQ Jan 2008, June 2008 SSR, AKV Aug 2008, SSR Oct 2008, SSR 2009
Aug 2010 BCV/BWV, Dec 2010 BCV/POFQ SEPT 2011 POFQ

Upcoming:
Hoping either BCV or BWV March 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #3
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

How exciting! Sounds like you'll be there around the same time my family will be there, we've got less than 60 days too!

Hope you have tons of fun!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
scrappin
Mouseketeer

Still gathering info/stuff

I am still in gathering mode - no real planning as yet. We are a family of four. I have two kids ages 11 and 7. We are so excited for this opportunity to go to disneyworld. I never got to go growing up except once as a "nanny" in 8th grade. I know it will truly be magical for my children as well as us parents

Yesterday, I got the coleman kids fanny packs I ordered for my children. Since one of them is diabetic, we have to carry extra snacks, juice boxes, etc. not too much other items like autograph books. These have a place for a small water bottle - about half the size of normal one. I think they will work great. I plan to wrap them up (in Mickey paper of course) for some pre-trip gifts straight from Mickey Mouse.

I am on the lookout now for some nice pens. I have already got the autograph books. Because we are going on a "wish" trip, we are staying at Give Kids the World. I wanted to be sure I had the autograph books ahead of time because 1) they have their own characters and 2) characters from Disney as well as Nickolodean visit the property - I want to be ready and not miss a moment!!! Those will be wrapped up special from Mickey Mouse as well.

Last night we sorted through all the penny's in my son's coin jar - we were able to find 40 pennies that were minted before 1982. I still have about $5 in quarters to get but we should be ready to go with the "penny smooshing" Now I just have to go get those M&M tubes!

I hope to have some time this weekend to pour over all the notes, good advice, trip reports, etc. to at least come up with a shopping list of things I need to find.

Any idea how much memory I should be bring along for my digital camera? I usually fill 2 gig when I go to summer camp for a week with my daughter so I figure I need a minimum of 4 gig in storage if not more - any advice from camera savy people would be helpful.

We will have a washer/dryer in our villa so I am not too worried about not bringing enough of one type of clothes (shorts, jeans, sweatshirts, tshirts). I don't want to do laundry every night but it's nice to know I can wash something if needed. That should help with the packing.

Well - I am off to another busy day - work full-time so only have weekends to get everything done. Kids need to get busy - I told them I want a list of 4-5 things at each park that they absolutely do not want to miss. - Hopefully this will help me with our "tour guide"

Hubby hasn't really got into the excitement - he is not the planning - he just likes to go and enjoy - I worry fret plan, replan, worry fret, plan, replan until he says - enough!!! ha ha

Oh well - like I said - gotta go!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:36 AM   #5
Montana Disney Fan
GAT-Master Extraordinaire
A little off topic

I bring two gigs but download to my computer that night so it's more than enough.

First trip to WDW? You'll absolutely love it!

Advice:

Do a ton of research and have all your ADR's lined up before you get there. Make the "rope-drop" each morning if you can. Get as much done early each day and don't be afraid to leave the parks and go swimming or nap in the afternoon.

Enjoy the Disney evenings as they work hard at making them special.

Spend some time at Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk if time allows.

Have fun!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #6
scrappin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Disney Fan View Post
I bring two gigs but download to my computer that night so it's more than enough.
:
I don't have a laptop to bring - I plan to call the hotel to see if they have a computer I can use to upload the pics to our website - otherwise I think I will need to purchase a lot more memory to bring with me!!!

Since we are a wish family, we plan to eat breakfast and dinner at GKTW. I have not made any ADRs and so I am feeling pressure to figure that out asap! This whole trip has been such a rush!! But I know we can do it.

I have a good packing list started and will start puting together a preparation list as well. Again, this is a wish trip so we won't have air reservations for another 10 days according to the foundation. I am such a planner that this is really teaching me patience.

When we told our kids about DW, I made each of them a calendar and put disney stickers and actually downloaded the disney font so that I could print out 60 days, 45 days, 30 days, etc. Those days are counting down so quickly now!

Must go for now. Will try to get some actual planning done so I can add to this report! Thanks for the tips!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 PM   #7
Phibbles
DIS Veteran

MDF gives great advice.

If your kids like video games, you have to do DisneyQuest. They have many unique, interactive video games that kids (and I) can't get enough of. If my wife would let me, I would spend 1/2 day there. It is an experience hard to find anywhere else. I have looked...
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
Montana Disney Fan
A little off topic

I think there's only a couple Disney hotels with a business center where you can use a computer (for a fee). Can't remember which ones though.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #9
its jus tme
Earning My Ears

what is the rope drop?? What are the quaters and pennies for?? Im planning a trip Dec 30- Jan 6th and have read a LOT of PTR but am lost by a lost with everyone's abbreviations.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #10
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by its jus tme View Post
what is the rope drop?? What are the quaters and pennies for?? Im planning a trip Dec 30- Jan 6th and have read a LOT of PTR but am lost by a lost with everyone's abbreviations.
Rope drop is referring to the opening time of the park when they allow the first guests to enter the park on that day.

Quarters and pennies are for pressed pennies machines that can be found throughout WDW and other places of the world.

Have a nice trip!

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
Old 11-07-2007, 07:28 PM   #11
Montana Disney Fan
A little off topic

Man-Tip #1: Never miss a "rope drop" if you can help it.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
its jus tme
Earning My Ears

Do the kids use pennies for something other than the presses?? I swore iread a reason to pack quarters, but memory didnt keep it all in as to the reason.......... too may late nights reading the PTR -lol
Old 11-07-2007, 08:29 PM   #13
its jus tme
Earning My Ears

what are "must do's" for a 5 yo boy and 7 yo girl?? and what can i not leave home without??
Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 PM   #14
its jus tme
Earning My Ears

And what is the meaning behind the pin trading? Can you tell this is my first Disney expeirence... hee hee
And Im staying off site , so no "rope dropping" for me
Old 11-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #15
its jus tme
Earning My Ears

Do the pennies have to be monted prior to a certain date?? As mentioned in this thread?? And what are the M & M tubes for and where do i get them?? So much advice to take in... I dont want to miss a beat

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: