Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #31
LoriS
Why is the rum always gone????

WHat a sight to see both of the ships together. Thansk so much for sharing all the pictures.

LoriS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:33 AM   #32
yndygo
Knee Deep in Pixie Dust

Got to the webcam too late to see it - but the pictures are fabulous!!

You know, the first one of the 2 side-by-side will make a KILLER door magnet for those doing "back-to-back" cruises!!
Wonder 4-night 12/6/2009 #5134
Magic 7-night Eastern 11/10/2007 #5634
Wonder 3-night 3/29/2007 #5134

yndygo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2007, 07:28 AM   #33
Kurby
All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you. ~Walt Disney

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

ohhhhhhhhhh there gone

wonder what time they left - i refreshed the camera once or twice an hour until i could only see some lights.
Kurby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:03 AM   #34
Coach Rick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurby View Post
ohhhhhhhhhh there gone

wonder what time they left - i refreshed the camera once or twice an hour until i could only see some lights.
I found the Magic gone by about 5 PM or so, then I watched the Wonder leave about 7:20. Of course the whole time my kids were rolling their eyes at me. Kids, they just don't understand me, especially when I keep using words like "Magestic" and "Noble" and "Magnificent"

Coach Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #35
poohs4me
DIS Veteran

Very cool pictures. Thanks for posting.
poohs4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #36
nicholas
Earning My Ears

Here is a Panorama I shot yesterday of both ships together in Nassau. It was beautiful. A great consolation prize to missing Castaway.

nicholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #37
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2angelsinheaven View Post
Some photos from today's meeting of the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post
Here is a Panorama I shot yesterday of both ships together in Nassau. It was beautiful. A great consolation prize to missing Castaway.

Those shots are just bizarre!!! It sure would make me walk away from any fruit punches on board. Thanks for the wonderfully magical (yes, pun intended) photos!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 AM   #38
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas View Post

Beautiful photo

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:22 PM   #39
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yndygo View Post
Got to the webcam too late to see it - but the pictures are fabulous!!

You know, the first one of the 2 side-by-side will make a KILLER door magnet for those doing "back-to-back" cruises!!
Excellent idea!!!!!!!

And these photos are cooler than cool. Many thanks to everyone for posting them so quickly.
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:03 PM   #40
PaDisneyCouple
DIS Veteran

We were on the Magic. They started preparing us for the bad CC news at the daily noon update from Captain Tom on 11/1. He read the official forecast word for word. Later that day, Brent gave us an update (which added nothing new about the storm) that indicated we might go to Nassau. It wasn't until we were about to turn around in the harbor that Brent announced that the Wonder was coming behind us. DW and I raced up to the deck 7 secret area to get our first glimpse. We took so many photos, all the while stating that the DCL photo of the day thread would see much action from this day.

The top decks of both ships were lined with people watching. You could see numerous crew members watching and waving, too. I recall 2 soundings of the Magic's horn, with 1 from the Wonder. Even Captain Tom and several officers came out onto the port side bridge wing to observe the Wonder. The guests and staff in the Wonder's spa villas were waving.

Yes, we were told multiple times to get back on the correct ship. You could see and feel the excitement among the staff. We asked several how often both ships dock at the same port on the same day. Most said it was very rare (years ago). The cast members jubilantly went to the opposite ship to see friends. Our Palo server's girlfriend is on the Wonder. DW spotted him coming up behind us on the pier. "Going to see her?" we asked. "YES!" was the response. The smile on his face was priceless. He was powerwalking as fast as he could. Later, we saw Captain Tom headed past the Quiet Cove pool towards the bridge of the Magic. A short time later, Captain John and his wife headed the same way. All aboard was 3pm, we cast off around 3:20, and got moving towards PC without delay.

We were sad not to make it to CC (again), but figured this once in a lifetime experience helped to make up for it. Photos of the 2 ships together could be purchased for $12 each in Shutters.
10/10 BC Club Level 10-11/11 Dream 4-night & CR 3-night 10/12 Dream 4-night 10/13 Fantasy 7-night Eastern
10/14 Fantasy 7-night Eastern

PaDisneyCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #41
Ski-and-Sea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaDisneyCouple View Post
We were on the Magic. They started preparing us for the bad CC news at the daily noon update from Captain Tom on 11/1. He read the official forecast word for word. Later that day, Brent gave us an update (which added nothing new about the storm) that indicated we might go to Nassau. It wasn't until we were about to turn around in the harbor that Brent announced that the Wonder was coming behind us. DW and I raced up to the deck 7 secret area to get our first glimpse. We took so many photos, all the while stating that the DCL photo of the day thread would see much action from this day.

The top decks of both ships were lined with people watching. You could see numerous crew members watching and waving, too. I recall 2 soundings of the Magic's horn, with 1 from the Wonder. Even Captain Tom and several officers came out onto the port side bridge wing to observe the Wonder. The guests and staff in the Wonder's spa villas were waving.

Yes, we were told multiple times to get back on the correct ship. You could see and feel the excitement among the staff. We asked several how often both ships dock at the same port on the same day. Most said it was very rare (years ago). The cast members jubilantly went to the opposite ship to see friends. Our Palo server's girlfriend is on the Wonder. DW spotted him coming up behind us on the pier. "Going to see her?" we asked. "YES!" was the response. The smile on his face was priceless. He was powerwalking as fast as he could. Later, we saw Captain Tom headed past the Quiet Cove pool towards the bridge of the Magic. A short time later, Captain John and his wife headed the same way. All aboard was 3pm, we cast off around 3:20, and got moving towards PC without delay.

We were sad not to make it to CC (again), but figured this once in a lifetime experience helped to make up for it. Photos of the 2 ships together could be purchased for $12 each in Shutters.
What a great story, thank you for sharing!!!!!
Aug 2005 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 2006 DCL Double Dip;
Aug 2007 Wonder & WDW;
Aug 17,2008 Wonder B2B - triple dip to CC
Aug 22, 2009 Magic western
Aug 22, 2010 Wonder & WDW
Ski-and-Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:33 AM   #42
1princessesmom
Mouseketeer

Just off the Magic Yesterday. I was talking to a crew member up at Mickey's Pool about the Magic and Wonder being together. She said the crew was very excited about this. Both captiains had given their crew permission to go aboard the other ship and hang out for a while. She said that a lot of the crew we saw walking around deck 9 were actually Wonder crew looking around and saying hi to friends they used to work with or train with. (She said they had to leave their ID at the gangway and pick it up when they got off).
1princessesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #43
vital
Pirate-wench
Remember, no pics no proof

I was also on the Magic when these two ships were in port together. These are far from professional but here are the pics I took.

This is why we weren't able to dock in CC. This pic was taken from my deck 2 window

vital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 08:58 AM   #44
Dr.Girlfriend
DIS Veteran

I was on the Wonder. I have video of the ships "dueling" their horns when coming into port, and they did it again when the Magic left Nassau on Friday afternoon.

I just literally walked in the door from our cruise, so I'll post pics later this evening. Those waves were ROUGH on Thursday night...they were 18-20 until 11 p.m.!! LOTS of sick people all around!

I'm sorry the Magic didn't make it to CC on Friday; we were there yesterday and it was flat out gorgeous.
Wine & Dine 1/2 - 2011 ~ WDW Marathon Relay - 2012 ~ Princess 1/2 - 2012 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 2012 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 2012 ~ Goofy Challenge - 2013 ~ Tower of Terror 10 Miler – 2013 ~ Mickey's Jingle Jungle 5k - 2013 ~ Wine & Dine 1/2 – 2013 ~ Family Fun Run 5k - 2014 ~ Minnie Mouse - 10k 2014 ~ Donald 1/2 - 2014 ~ Castaway Cay 5k - 2014

UPCOMING:
Royal Family 5k - 2014 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge – 2014 ~ Everest Challenge 5k - 2014 ~ Dumbo Double Dare - 2014
Dr.Girlfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:06 AM   #45
Pluto,
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2angelsinheaven View Post
Some photos from today's meeting of the Disney Magic and Disney Wonder...

beautiful pictures.
Pluto, is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: