Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #16
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Hound

What did you think of the parades at Disneyland?

Parade of Dreams rating?

Remember Dreams?

Fantasmic?
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #17
KCmike

Wdw Vet Continues With Last Installment

Alright so the last day we dedicated just to Disneyland. We were there to ride whatever we could and had to see Remember Dreams come True fireworks and Fantasmic. I have heard from so many how much better both were to MK FL. I also had heard how many times they cancelled the show due to high winds so I was very nervous all day.

Here are the rides I somehow forgot about:

Jungle Cruise - 9 - The plants and trees are so more overgrown at Disneyland giving it that "Jungle" feeling. I really enjoyed it. The piranas at the end were unique as well. I did miss the temple scene from the world though. I still really enjoyed it.

Big Thunder Mtn Railroad - 6 - Disneyworld's kicks the lands butt on this one. The ride was so short and the sights were horrible. Really disappointed with this one.

Star Tours - 6 - same old same old.

Winnie the Pooh - 6 - D'Worlds is better. You hop like tigger there.

Buzz Lightyear - 9 - Enjoyed being able to handle the guns better.

Enchanted Tiki Room - 9 - First let me say that my youngest daughter loves this attraction even the world's version. I really don't like the World's version but found this one really enjoyable. I gave it a 9 because I could see how much she enjoyed it through her eyes. It really is well done. The lightning effect and rain sequence are cool. Also had our first dole whip. SEVEN times to the parks and my first dole whip!!!!

Dole Whip - 8 - Don't like pineapple but maybe now I do!

CHURRO - 10 - First time on this as well. Can't wait to try the World's version.

Alice in Wonderland - closed for refurbishment.

It's a Small World - closed for refurbishment

Here are some pics:

Really good dining and easy to share for a family here at the plaza inn

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2007, 02:42 PM   #18
KCmike

Last of the ratings

See you on the Disboards real soon.

Last edited by KCmike; 03-02-2009 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM   #19
kitsch
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing your trip report. I really enjoyed reading it.

Sorry you were so disappointed with many of the rides and attractions at DL & DCA. But it sounded like you made the best of it and had a decent time there.
kitsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #20
Hound 109
So non-screamin' family members can pass the time enjoyably while the Hound gets his Screamin' fix in

Quote:
Didn't really enjoy the Storybook ride but thought this was a good picture.
I really like this ride. The theming is great & it celebrates the stories i grew up with. Also it's a calm ride on a busy day & a great ride at night. I give it an 8.

Quote:
INDY - 7 - I know I am going to catch alot of flack about this rating. I just wasn't impressed. I think I like Dinosaur better and I am an Indiana Jones fan. I did only ride it once though. The effects are good but I didn't like that i could see up ahead in the ride and back behind me. It really takes away from the effects when you can see other cars.
I give it an 8. (like you, i prefer other E ticket rides at DL, & I also prefer Dinosaur at AKL a little.) But I love the gags in the que & I like the rats that fall in your jeep.

Quote:
Pirates of the Carribean - 10 - Absolutely destroys MK FL. This ride was perfection. I loved the beginning with the fireflys on one side and Blue Bayou on the other. The two drops are perfect. The sets are fantastic. My favorite part of the ride is the battle sequence between the big boat and the fortress its firing on. I got wet each time...rode it three or four times...by the exploding bombs. i really can't say enough of how well the ride was. This one lived up to the hype.
Also a 10. The improvements are perfect & quintisential Disney. (& it's a fast loader. )

Quote:
Haunted Mansion Holiday Overlay - 10 - MY FAVORITE RIDE NOW - I was so shocked how much fun it was. The different beginning with Jack taking over (from the movie obviously) and all the extras. I can see why this takes so long to makeover each year. Absolutely Fantastic. The MK FL version has a better appearance on the outside but that is all.
A 9. (but I've never seen the Holiday Overlay). Just a fabulous ride. & I love the lady who "knocks off" all her hubbies.

Quote:
Splash - 9 - Every bit as good. Loved the drops in the middle...the sitting was okay by me...thank goodness...and you actually get wet on SPLASH mtn!!! What a concept!!! My son rode up in front and really got a good soaking. I liked that it had different scenes than the other. I didn't really like that it went so fast through them though. The one at D'world slows down and lets you enjoy the story better. Here you are zipped thru it so fast. The zippity do da ending boat with all the characters seems pint size to the other as well. Still Thumbs way up! What is really crazy is how close all the rides are. You can see HM right next door. You can see matterhorn from HM. At Disneyworld when your on Splash you can see the castle which for me makes it very magical.
Also a 9 (at least when it's hot out.) & Pooh Corner bakery is at the exit.

Quote:
We decided to head for the train and take it to toon town. We rode:
Roger Rabbit's car toon spin - 5 - Not impressed at all. I loved the movie and had hopes of a better ride. Oh Well.
I give it a 7. Great theming, great que & a fun ride.

Quote:
Autopia - 7 - Thought this would be better as well. I think I like D'world's version better. What is really sad is seeing the old peoplemover just rotting next to the monorail and over autotopia. Since this is my first time I feel bad for the frequenters of Disneyland faithful that its been taken away.
5. (..but I don't like kiddie auto rides anywhere.)

Quote:
Space Mountain - 10 - After about 30 seconds on the ride I asked my son if he was okay! I couldn't see him and he sits directly across from me on this version...not like the back to back in Dworld. He said yes. Everybody just couldn't believe how incredible this ride was. The music adds so much to the overall feel. You can't see a lick in that ride. At D'World you can see track in front of you some of the time. It was out of this world to say the least. Definitely a major coaster ride. So smooth.
A 9. Love it (not a 10 since for space theming I prefer Mission Space at Epcot - which is a 10). But SM at DL is better than WDW (imo) & it's great that kiddo can sit next to you instead of in seat in front of you.

Like i said KCmike....we seem to look at the rides similarly.

hound -

Not for the faint of heart, but LOTS of info for the WDW Vet visiting for one or two days:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1975805

Last edited by Hound 109; 11-04-2007 at 10:45 PM.
Hound 109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #21
Crazy4Disney72
DIS Veteran

Great TR and pictures, I really enjoyed it!

18 trips to WDW, 7 trips to DL
Crazy4Disney72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 01:48 PM   #22
Hound 109
So non-screamin' family members can pass the time enjoyably while the Hound gets his Screamin' fix in

KCmike,

- I meant to say that the pick of your eldest converting that "F" into an "E" was great.

- Also, Did you bring the Fairfield towels over to the DLH when you went swimming....or did you use the DLH towels?

- (& yes the DLH pool does look the pool at Port Orleans.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post

Parade of Dreams - 6 - How disappointing. Three or four floats? The same song as they played in the morning? Did i just build it up to big in my head? We watched it again in the night around 7pm I think it was and they had to throw on lights around the streets because the floats had very little lighting. Still wasn't impressed.

I liked it. But i like all parades....(but I also like riding rides during parades ) I'll give it a 7.

That brings me to Main Street USA

Mainstreet - 8 - This was hard for me. This was Walt's baby! The shops were wonderful. The bakery not half as good as D'worlds though. Sleeping beauty castle even though smaller which I have been warned several times...I thought was awesome. Details Details Details. You have to give it to the LAND on that one. So many small little things that are just marvelous. In the night though when all the lights come on it feels more like a carnival. it doesn't have that elegance of mainstreet in the world. Disneyland lights were flashing and rotating like a christmas tree while at the world they stay steady and are all one color...white....just gives it something more to me. How does everyone else feel on that???? I really don't like how close the astro orbiter is to the hub either. Loved seeing Walt's light on though. Seen it so many times on Disneyland behind the scenes on Travel Channel and the one with Samantha Brown.

For me Main St. is mainly eye candy as i move on into (or out of) the park. (since I don't shop.) In regards to the Main St. Bakery, i prefer Pooh Corner. In regards to Astro Orbiter....not only it an average ride at best, it's in the dang way. I prefered it when i was a kid & it was located 50 feet high above TomorrowLand.

D'Land railroad - 7 - One of my favorite moments at Disneyworld was a song they would play that went "Rolling down the Walt Disneyworld express...rolling..." I miss that. It was good though. I like how the seats were all pointed towards the park. The diorama between tomorrowland and main street were interesting.

Also a 7.

KC, I'm gonna have to try the teacups at night. (& if you return, you need to give Storybookland a retry at night). Great report.

Not for the faint of heart, but LOTS of info for the WDW Vet visiting for one or two days:

Last edited by Hound 109; 11-04-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #23
KirklandTutu
DIS Veteran

I have to agree about doing Storybook Land at night, as well as Casey Junior, it's just magical.

The same goes with the Teacups.

Heck, Fantasyland in general at night is more magical.

*sigh* memories
KirklandTutu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #24
KCmike

Will definitely give teacups/storybook/casey jr a try at night

I was really shocked when we went back on the fantasy rides at night it just gave it an extra special touch!
Old 11-05-2007, 07:36 PM   #25
WDBRDWLK
Nana to Princesses Maya and Orion and Prince Joel.

1st DL trip coming up!

My DH and I are leaving 11/10th for our first trip to DL. We too will probably compare DL with WDW to some extent but will focus more on all the new Disney stuff we haven't experienced. I love reading all the TR. Thanks everyone.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:19 PM   #26
KCmike

How many days?

Where are you staying and for how many days?

If I could tell you anything it would be to get there early. We rode 6-7 rides in the first hour of opening during a weekday. The weekends are like WDW in the summer and I did that one time in June and that was horrible. i take that back no time is horrible at WDW but it's not fun to sweat and wait in line for more than an hour for every ride.

Fantasyland is so much better at D'land. Tomorrowland is so much better at D'World even though Space is awesome.

How many times have you been to Disneyworld?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #27
Hound 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
What did you think of the parades at Disneyland?

Parade of Dreams rating? 7. Fun parade.

Remember Dreams? (firework show? A 9. A great nostalgic firework show, my second favorite after epcot's spectacular.

Fantasmic? [B][B]It wasn't showing either time i went to DL. I've seen it 3 times at MGM & give it an 8 there.
Overall I give the parades/firework shows an 8 at DLR & a 9 at WDW. (But when DLR gets a third park these offering will likely be equal (imo)).

Last edited by Hound 109; 11-06-2007 at 11:22 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:59 AM   #28
WDBRDWLK

We are staying at DGC using our DVC points, arriving 11/10 til 11/16.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #29
WDBRDWLK

Our plan right now is to walk around on Saturday night when we get out there and see where things are... the flight is long so we will probably sleep on the plane. Thanks for the advice. We have been to WDW over 40 times and counting!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:00 PM   #30
TizianaL
Earning My Ears

Love the report!! I have never been during the holidays.. Halloween OR Christmas, so I LOVE the pictures of the decorations!! ..My goal is to see a Disney park at both Christmas and Halloween someday =) Great pictures.. nice to see Disneyland again!! Haven't been since 2001 due to 3 WDW trips (good ol' WDW...) but will be able to re-live the magic in '09 when i go with my best friends WOOT WOOT! Can't wait for it!
--June 1996: Disneyland Resort (First trip for my fifth birthday!) --May 1998: Disneyland Resort --April 2001: Disneyland Resort --March 2005: Walt Disney World (First visit!) --July 2006: Walt Disney World (First time onsite at POP!) --August 2007: Walt Disney World--

Future Walt Disney World Castmember
TizianaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: