Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #1
kwalls
Earning My Ears

Pic's Of Sunrise Terrace!!

my guest count has dropped and i am considering moving ceremony to st instead of sbp..but i cannot find any pic's of a ceremony there.
help pls!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

CBR 4/07
SSR 2/08
BWV+AKV 12/08

kwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 AM   #2
honey2741
DIS Veteran

Smile

I thought I saw someone with pis of there Sunrise Terrace at the bottom of their profile. I cannot remember who, I hope everything works out and someone replies soon :-). Keep your head up
honey2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #3
BaBeeCee14
DIS Veteran

http://********************/ftw/wdw/l...ntsunrise.html

Click on more photos
Old 10-30-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Allisonjane
Mouseketeer

I got married at sunrise terrace 6 weeks ago, although it only seems like yesterday. The view from the terrace is so beautiful and although the photos inside have come out a bit dark, the ones taken outside by the waterfull are breathtaking. I'm not sure how to post pics on here, but if you go to Randy Chapmans website you can see all my pics. Its Allison and Steven on 20th September. Hope it helps you decide
Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
kwalls
Earning My Ears

wedding pic's of sunrise terrace?!

thanks for those pictures, i really wanted to see site in someone's wedding pic's.. i found a few but i can't really "see" ceremony like i can for all other locations. i asked rosie (florist) and she only had 1 pic too... does this mean something?

CBR 4/07
SSR 2/08
BWV+AKV 12/08

Old 10-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
kwalls
Earning My Ears

allison,
how can i see your pic's on his site?

nevermind! i just found them........thank you!! you were a beautiful bride... going to continue looking! thanks again!!!

CBR 4/07
SSR 2/08
BWV+AKV 12/08

Last edited by kwalls; 10-30-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #7
JandJ
If I close my mind in fear . . . Please pry it open
I had a very productive day ... yesterday

We were married at Sunrise Terrace 2 years ago. It's breathtaking! The view is gorgeous!

Here are some pix from during the ceremony (sorry for the fuzzy quality, some of these are from the Disney lo-res CD):

The "hand off"

A co-worker made bows for me for the benches and my MOH and BFF put them out before the ceremony - it added a nice touch

I call this one the "DH Deer in the Headlights" picture

With my mom's remembrance rose, after the ceremony

The cake cutting reception is held inside the hotel, just inside the Terrace

On the bridge in the lobby

I also have tons of pictures taken outside the WL. I refused to step in the grass and our Disney photographer was very accommodating and took lots of pictures on the sidewalks and on the bridge outside. In hindsight, I should have also had him take some on the boat dock but I don't regret one moment of our magical wedding day

For our first anniversary, DH and I went back and took a couple pictures inside (they were doing construction on the Terrace at that time):

I can try to answer any questions . . . I know a lot of details have changed with DFTW in the last two years but I can help with questions about the site. SBP was our second choice, but we only had 8 guests and we both wanted something outdoors but also as private as possible. Once we saw ST we knew it was perfect!

All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel Mother (1940 - 2005) Daddy's little girl (1933 - 2008)

Egypt, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, 7 Caribbean islands, England, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, 12 states, DC - check! Where to next??
JandJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:21 PM   #8
JandJ

Allison - I just looked at your pictures. You looked beautiful on your wedding day! Congratulations!! Why did they do your ceremony with the glass/inside the WL behind you? Ours was with the lake behind us (you can see from my pictures above). Just curious

kwalls - Here are some other WL ST pictures on the Taz Photography site - there are some great shots! There are pictures of all the other Disney sites too so you can get a good idea of what's available:
http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/sunrise.htm

All that I am or ever hope to be I owe to my angel Mother (1940 - 2005) Daddy's little girl (1933 - 2008)

Egypt, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, 7 Caribbean islands, England, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium, 12 states, DC - check! Where to next??
Old 10-30-2007, 03:22 PM   #9
Missy H
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
I got married at sunrise terrace 6 weeks ago, although it only seems like yesterday. The view from the terrace is so beautiful and although the photos inside have come out a bit dark, the ones taken outside by the waterfull are breathtaking. I'm not sure how to post pics on here, but if you go to Randy Chapmans website you can see all my pics. Its Allison and Steven on 20th September. Hope it helps you decide
Allison your photos are lovely. We are planning a VR at sunrise terrace in July 08 I have been looking everywhere for photos! We are using Randy too( just faxed everything today!) How was everything? Please tell!
Christmas/New year 2005/06 POP CENTURY then AKL
July 2006 POFQ Dec 2006 POP Jun 2008 POP+CR, Jun 09 Villa+AKV Club Jul 11 AKV Club+SSR+BCV
x*´¨)
x¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨)xxxx¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´xxxxxx(¸.•`*Kerry *´¨)

Missy H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:37 PM   #10
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalls View Post
thanks for those pictures, i really wanted to see site in someone's wedding pic's.. i found a few but i can't really "see" ceremony like i can for all other locations. i asked rosie (florist) and she only had 1 pic too... does this mean something?
All it means is that not too many people get married on Sunrise Terrace - which in my opinion makes it even *more* attractive! I haven't even had my Epcot wedding yet, but I'm already plotting a Sunrise Terrace vow renewal
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 06:40 PM   #11
kwalls
Earning My Ears

Thanks 4 Sunrise Terrace Pics..already sent the email..

i want to have ceremony at sunrise terrace, my only problem now is finding out if it's available..hopefully i'll hear back tomorrow. my 2 biggest issues w/ sbp were the lack of privacy and weather and w/ st both are n/a. plus, we are trying to show our guests the BEST of disney and i think the lodge and st are beautiful. booked early "rehersal" dinner at spoodles so we can still enjoy bw.. thanks to you all...this site has saved my sanity

CBR 4/07
SSR 2/08
BWV+AKV 12/08

Old 10-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #12
honey2741
DIS Veteran

What beautiful pictures you have of ST!! SBP has no privacy? From pictures I've seen it looks like a private walkway... I looked at the pictures of ST on the disney site...the background besides the wonderful view looks dark.....Is that true? Was that your experience? Thanks for sharing!
honey2741 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:32 PM   #13
Tiggerific04
DIS Veteran

Not sure if you've seen these ones: http://www.mouseweddings.com/wedlocwl.html
Tiggerific04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 PM   #14
Allisonjane
Mouseketeer

Thank you Jen, we did start out facing the lake but unfortunately it started raining, they asked if we wanted to go inside or just move to the back of the terrace, which is what we did as there is shelter there.
We chose Sunrise Terrace because of the beautiful views and the scenery around the Wilderness Lodge, luckily it only rained for 10 minutes and we could go outside and get the shots i wanted by the waterfull, we then went to the Grand Floridan and got the beach shots, so i had the best of both worlds.
While we were in orlando we went to look at the other locations and although you might get better shots of the actual ceremony at Sea Breeze Point because it is more open and more natrual daylight, in my opinion i think the grounds at the Wilderness Lodge are much more beautiful than the grounds of the Boardwalk or the Yatch Club.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM   #15
JandJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
Thank you Jen, we did start out facing the lake but unfortunately it started raining, they asked if we wanted to go inside or just move to the back of the terrace, which is what we did as there is shelter there.
We chose Sunrise Terrace because of the beautiful views and the scenery around the Wilderness Lodge, luckily it only rained for 10 minutes and we could go outside and get the shots i wanted by the waterfull, we then went to the Grand Floridan and got the beach shots, so i had the best of both worlds.
While we were in orlando we went to look at the other locations and although you might get better shots of the actual ceremony at Sea Breeze Point because it is more open and more natrual daylight, in my opinion i think the grounds at the Wilderness Lodge are much more beautiful than the grounds of the Boardwalk or the Yatch Club.
That makes sense. I was worried about rain on our wedding day too, and our coordinator said if it rained we'd have to move inside where the cake cutting is but that bothered me because it's so public in that area - fine for the cake cutting but not so much for my vows

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey2741 View Post
What beautiful pictures you have of ST!! SBP has no privacy? From pictures I've seen it looks like a private walkway... I looked at the pictures of ST on the disney site...the background besides the wonderful view looks dark.....Is that true? Was that your experience? Thanks for sharing!
DH and I both liked SBP a lot but felt that it was too "public" because the boardwalk is right there and anyone can walk by and watch the ceremony. Also, the boats go by and blow their horns when there is a wedding taking place (I've been on the boat a couple times when this has happened). It's gorgeous, but not what we wanted. I felt the same way about the YC Gazebo. I've stayed in hotels where weddings take place in courtyards like that and I'm guilty of watching out my window or watching from the sidewalk. We really wanted something more private for our wedding and found it at WL ST.

As for being dark, ST is shaded, but I wouldn't call it dark. Our wedding was at 3:00 pm and it was great because the light was very diffused and we weren't hot at all - even in October it's hot down here - I'm in shorts today and it's November 1st!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: