Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Dress code for Disney on Ice?

First time posting on this board, so forgive me if this isn't the right place.

I'm heading to a show of Finding Nemo on Ice this afternoon and wondering if there is any dress code for this type of show. Around here, theater shows normally expect a moderate level of class (no jeans, nice shirt, etc). I've never been to an ice show, but is it similar? Do people dress up? Or since its in a sports arena are expectations different?
2014 - Jan: 10k, Donald 1/2, Discovery Cove, and SeaWorld. 2013 - Dec: 7 night Western Caribbean on DCL Fantasy. Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Tiresius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

Probably none persay, but dressing in layers in case it's warm/cold is probably wise, and of course wearing something Disney related is always fun! Have a good time!

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
Pam
DIS Veteran

Every Disney On Ice show I've been to there have been lots of people wearing blue jeans and sweatshirts, etc.

Hope you have a great time -- and welcome to the Community Board!
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #4
Tiresius
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the super speedy responses! Its good to hear that I can wear Mickey with pride.
2014 - Jan: 10k, Donald 1/2, Discovery Cove, and SeaWorld. 2013 - Dec: 7 night Western Caribbean on DCL Fantasy. Aug/Sept: 5 days DL and Dumbo Double Dare. February: Quick weekend getaway to AoA and CBR for Princess Half Marathon Weekend 2012 - September: 5 days at ASMo for TOT 10 Miler and F&WF May: 7 Night Alaskan Cruise on the Disney Wonder 2011 - December: 1 Night at ASMo for MVMCP and CP, then 3 nights at RP for WWoHP and US May: 10 Nights at ASSp with DMom for EE5K (3rd Place!), Ep F&G, WPx2, Premium Plan (1 Night only), D23 Scavenger Hunt (32nd), Destination D. 2010 - June: 5 nights at ASSp for SWW and EE 5K Challenge (Solo) January: 5 very cold days with DMom and DSis (her first trip) for 1 night at POFQ, 1 night at AKL, 3 nights at ASSp. Mom ran the 5K, we swam in Epcot Aqua Seas, and did all 4 parks with only 2 day tixs. 2009 - August: Longest trip to date, 7 days at ASMu with my girlfriend. 2008 - September: Labor Day Solo trip at POP, first time free dining, 3 parks in 1 day and my first water park. October: MNSSHP X2 and Food and Wine Festival (Solo at ASMu). February: 3 day Solo trip at POP for P&PP and 2am in the MK (yeah EMH!). 2007 - November: 2 day Solo Trip at ASSp to see Cirque, AK, and DQ. December: DMom and Me at ASMu for Christmas with Dining and MVMCP. 2006 - May: 3 days at DL, solo (age 24), offsite. 2005 - January: 5 days at WDW, w/ DMom, POP Century. 2002 - 1 day at MK, w/ DFather, DSis (then 17), DBro (then 14)
Tiresius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #5
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Disney on Ice shows do not share the same level of dress as the theater. I've always worn jeans and a mickey shirt to the show. I always dress nicer for the theater.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:21 AM   #6
DVCLiz
That's me - proud defender of the Mega roll
click here to use the trolldar
We saw "I pooted" and thought it was a "New York" thing!

Agree with wearing something warm!!!! We always make sure we have something we can wear socks with - you can take a sweater off and put it back on, but there's no way to warm up cold feet!!!! Well, no way in an areana, that is!!
DVCLiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: