Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
MadamMim
I get a little misty when I see the World Showcase.

Croc people...

I know Crocs have become super popular for doing the parks because they're so comfortable and that a lot of backstage cast members wear them to ease the pain of being on their feet all day. So my question is for all those Croc owners who live in colder climates: How are they in snow and ice? I have a spinal injury from a car accident and coming from a lifetime in Florida these British winters are scaring the you-know-what out of me! I know I can trust my DISer peeps with information, so I was just wondering if anybody could help me out. Thanks!

So much for a place to stay. I guess I'm out of options.
MadamMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
poohbear2
Disney Think Formula is:
HE= #D X DV (Height of excitement level = Number of days left till your vacation multiplied by the number of days of your vacation)

I have never worn my Crocs in snow or ice. I usually retire them in the snowy months.
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #3
Missin'Disney
DIS Veteran

I would think the Mammoths would be OK with socks, of course!! And you could probably get em on sale now too
Missin'Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
mef78
How many days?

My mom wears hers all winter in Buffalo--just with heavy socks. They have some crocks with sherpa, I think...don't they?

AND, they have BOOT crocs.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd trust them on the kind of ice I'm used to dealing with, but on those gray, slushy days that don't have a lot of ice, the boot crocs would be fine.
May '02 offiste * May '03 AKL * Oct '03 CSR * May '04 POR * Oct '04 CSR * May '05 BCV * Oct '05 SSR * Dec '05 BWI * Jan '06 WL * May '06 AKL * Sept/Oct '06 PC/BCV * Dec '06 WL * Jan '07 CSR * Apr '07 BCV * June '07 BWI * Oct '07 BWV * Nov '07 WL * May '08 CSR * Sept '08 AKL * Feb '09 CR/WL * May '09 PC/YC * Sept/Oct '09 ASMo/CR * Feb '10 BC * April '10 SSR/BWI * Apr/May '10 DL Grand Calif * Sept/Oct '10 PC/BC * Dec '10 CSR

mef78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:37 AM   #5
MomofCKJ
I just lost steam at about 5 minutes
Wants to really smell the roses
I will not eat the second end of the hot dog

I live in New England and wear my Mammoth Crocs (the fur lined ones) all winter. I love them! If it were really snowy and icy though I'd probably skip them and go with a boot.

Allyson
MomofCKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomofCKJ View Post
I live in New England and wear my Mammoth Crocs (the fur lined ones) all winter. I love them! If it were really snowy and icy though I'd probably skip them and go with a boot.

Allyson
What she said.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 10:37 AM   #7
UrsulasShadow

I'm digging the cistern now..Oh, WIILL

Location: Under Plymouth Rock...crawling out for the occasional lobstah.

I find ordinary Crocs to be extremely slippery on wet ice, wet cement, wet mud. I've never tried the Crocs actually designed for winter wear. I have Croc boots, which, although designed to be worn in the wet weather, still are slippery as heck.
UrsulasShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
Starshine
"Like many other much-loved humans, they believed that they owned their dogs, instead of realizing that their dogs owned them." - Dodie Smith, 101 Dalmatians

I have a pair of All-terrain crocs that I wear to work all winter (unless the snow is deep enough to cover the tops of them then I switch to boots). The bottom of them is slightly different than regular crocs, and I've never had any trouble slipping and sliding in them. Plus, since there are no holes my feet stay dry and toasty.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #9
MadamMim
I get a little misty when I see the World Showcase.

Thanks ya'll! I knew I could count on my DISers! I'd never even heard of All Terrain Crocs. There is a whole world of Croc-ness yet to be discovered. (And a whole world of winter-wear as well. ... That was a lot of w's.) Thank again!

So much for a place to stay. I guess I'm out of options.
MadamMim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #10
okaybye
My 'ears' are firmly attached:)

Oooh! Warning

I have a nasty spill story...

I can wear them in the snow if it's still crunchy or fluffy... but one winter day... walking trash to dumpster, I hit a patch of solid ice and was on my butt faster than I knew what was happening!

Now, if that wasn't funny enough... it got worse. I couldn't get my feet under me and I had slid downhill enough now to be surrounded by the ice about 10 ft on every side at least. Just could NOT get my feet under me, no matter how many different angles I tried. (this had to have looked hysterical to the 3rd party viewer)

My neighbor happened to be outside, thank goodness...her kid took my garbage... and she tried to help me kneel/scoot/crawl to the crunchy snow where I could get my feet back under me!

Crocs are great... but crocs and ice don't mix.
okaybye is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: