Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #376
Keira1387
Married at Disney August 2, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
That is so cool that you were able to get the topper flown in for your wedding. Did you buy it directly from the GF bakery?
Shelley from Impressions sells them. http://www.fairytalewedding.com/
Old 02-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #377
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerrifficheidi View Post
Here's our cake!!!

And here's the one from the tea party. I gave NO specific requests on this. They did it ALL by themselves just knowing that I was having a Mary Poppins Tea Party! The carousel on top is chocolate!

OMG that's Adorable!!!! Love the penguins. that's my fave part of the movie!

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #378
DisneyBuff27
Its a Small World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBrideToni View Post
Aww Sarah your cake is so beautiful! I am glad you posted that because I was trying to wonder what a two layer Mad Hatter looked like. I guess ours will be the same size.
Did they pick out what the cake was on or did you have to give it to them? I love your cake!
DisneyBuff27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 08:02 AM   #379
IHeartTink04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by figmentfan814 View Post
That is so cool that you were able to get the topper flown in for your wedding. Did you buy it directly from the GF bakery?
Yes, I sure did! My baker was sooooo nervous about getting chocolate shipped to her! I had it shipped directly to her bakery and she made me come open it when it got there!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #380
CharacterFan
Will stop in walkways for characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBuff27 View Post
Did they pick out what the cake was on or did you have to give it to them? I love your cake!
the Mad Hatter cake is an option that Disney has and you can change colors and patterns as need be, but Disney can make almost any cake that you can dream up.

Proud Owner: Pentax K100D Super/18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL/Sigma 28-80mm F3.5-5.6 Macro/Sigma 28-105mm f2.8-f4/Sigma 28-200mm f3.5-f5.6
CharacterFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #381
frisky kitty
Earning My Ears

My parents are going to be celebrating their 44 wedding anniversary. We will be staying at the GF. Is it possible for the bakery to just do a top layer of one of the wedding cakes shown on here with the beautiful castle, or are these cakes created only for people getting married at DW? I have looked through pages and pages on the anniv. and birthday thread - wow that's exhaustive! Thanks for any help!
frisky kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:29 AM   #382
tiggerrifficheidi
DIS Veteran

Vanessa (figmentfan814) did this for her 1st anniversary. Here's her TR that talks about it. She actually set up a private dining, which she explains, but it included the cake.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2094394

Congrats to your parents! Mine will celebrate 45 this summer! I told them if they make it to 50 without doing each other in (they've gotten a little rambunctious in their later years...now I'm the adult!), then I'll pay for a VR at WDW!! (plus, it gives me an excuse to plan another wedding!)
tiggerrifficheidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 AM   #383
DisneyBrideToni
Proud BLT DVC Owner
I had to give him a bit of his batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBuff27 View Post
Thank you. That cake was actually on display at Franck's when I went for my planning session. I believe it was called Queen of Hearts. It was in Pink and Purple but I told them I just wanted white and pink.

Here is how the cake looked in Francks. (its not displayed there anymore)

and of course mine.

If you see a cake, Disney will customize it anyway you want.
DisneyBrideToni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:23 AM   #384
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisky kitty View Post
My parents are going to be celebrating their 44 wedding anniversary. We will be staying at the GF. Is it possible for the bakery to just do a top layer of one of the wedding cakes shown on here with the beautiful castle, or are these cakes created only for people getting married at DW? I have looked through pages and pages on the anniv. and birthday thread - wow that's exhaustive! Thanks for any help!
You can call Private Dining at the Grand Floridian and ask for an anniversary cake: 407-824-2474. I have to warn you, the contact person there can be quite capricious. Sometimes she will say they only make anniversary cakes for people who were married at WDW and sometimes she has no problem filling the request.

Check out the Birthday & Anniversary Cake thread on the DIS food board for pictures of anniversary cakes made for people dining or staying at the Grand Floridian: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1859670
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 10:35 AM   #385
lizet313
A dream is a wish your HEART makes!

Those cakes are beautiful
Old 02-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #386
frisky kitty
Earning My Ears

I have read about this woman and I was hoping there would be a way around her! We are staying RPC, Do you think concierge would be able to accomadate my request if I went through them? I thought if I sent them a picture maybe they could help me out? I have looked through many pages on the birthday and anniversary cake thread, but this is the thread that has the most beautiful cakes of all! I know exactly what I want, I just need it minitaturized since there are only a few of us. I am really nervous about calling as I have read so many negative experiences about people's experiences trying to get cakes made.
frisky kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #387
IntheKnow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have read about this woman and I was hoping there would be a way around her! We are staying RPC, Do you think concierge would be able to accomadate my request if I went through them? I thought if I sent them a picture maybe they could help me out? I have looked through many pages on the birthday and anniversary cake thread, but this is the thread that has the most beautiful cakes of all! I know exactly what I want, I just need it minitaturized since there are only a few of us. I am really nervous about calling as I have read so many negative experiences about people's experiences trying to get cakes made.

Ultimately, any cake request at the Grand will go thru the "cake lady". She is the contact for the bakery when it comes to arranging, quoting price, and follow up. RPC will still go thru her for any cake request. As she has direct contact with the bakery, she is still the best way to go.
If you're planning a memorable event, allow yourself plenty of time to have the proper arrangements made. Waiting until 2 days before your event will only lead to dissappointment.
IntheKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:44 AM   #388
goofyshell
DIS Veteran

Any more cakes?
goofyshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:01 PM   #389
Glampire31
Mouseketeer

All those cakes looked really neat... I am thinking of some ideas myself.... thanks for sharing....
Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #390
IntheKnow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Here's something to think about.

Lookf for a picture of your parents original wedding cake. Most often the Grand Floridian Wedding team can make a replica of the top tier, or the whole cake!

Just go thru the "cake lady",she will coordinate with the bakery.
IntheKnow is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: