Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2007, 03:57 PM   #121
Shmu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleypmo View Post
There will be "perfect" photo ops in which one child smiles gleefully, two refuse to even look in the general direction of the camera, and one throws his head back and manages a full-blown temper-tantrum. That's okay. I'll frame it anyway. And it will doubtless be the most beautiful vacation photo we've ever had.
Some of my favorite photos are when the kids or DH make wierd faces. That is real life and I love it.

I'm with you on slowing down. I have lived the first half of my life like the hare and I'm trying to live that last half of my life like the tortoise. He is the one that won the race.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:27 PM   #122
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

I must admit...I got a little misty reading your latest update.

very thoughtfully written and eloquent as well......

It didn't hurt that I got a little shout out as well....

I've learned to take things down a notch or three over the last few years. By slowing down, I've seen a new side of WDW that is possibly better than the attractions themselves....
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2007, 11:42 PM   #123
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I must admit...I got a little misty reading your latest update.

very thoughtfully written and eloquent as well......

It didn't hurt that I got a little shout out as well....

I've learned to take things down a notch or three over the last few years. By slowing down, I've seen a new side of WDW that is possibly better than the attractions themselves....
Thanks! I'm pretty good at sentimental & mushy, eh?

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18
DH Me DD16 DS12 DD8 DSDs6 DDDs 5
Old 12-14-2007, 12:59 AM   #124
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I'm pretty good at sentimental & mushy, eh?
That you are.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:47 PM   #125
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Won't be posting for a couple of days. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

I did take a few minutes this morning to jot down some of my fondest (read: most dysfunctional) WDW moments on paper, and I realized I'm going to have to hustle to fit them all in over the next four months!

Last night I TiVo'ed a Celtic Women concert for the kids to prep them for Ragland Road, and realized I forgot that I need to make an ADR for Ragland Road, so I'll be doing that (hopefully!) when I get back. I've been hearing that the ADRs are pretty easy to come by for our dates, so it shouldn't be a prob....right? Ramie (4) is fascinated by the music. She's asked to watch it twice today. She's such a character!

Stay warm!

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18
Old 12-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #126
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve! I have all my presents wrapped (well....nearly all...) & the kids are decorating our traditional Christmas cookies. When I say kids, I'm including DH, who will proudly tell you he's a 9 year old trapped in the body of a 41 year old man!

Now that I've watched Christmas Vacation a few times, I'm excited to post about another of our wonderful family vacations with Dad.

So....next time: I thought you said nobody was sleeping on the floor!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Old 01-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #128
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year everybody!

Update:

WAAAHHHH!!!! 4 months out, and already my perfect plan has hit a snag!

See, we always buy the kids hats for all the characters to autograph. So the plan was to check into the hotel room around 6:30 Wednesday evening and head to MK. First stop: the MK shop w/ all the hats. Pick out hats, stake out a prime viewing spot for the parade, then watch Wishes, and back to the hotel room. That way, even though we won't have a lot of time to do rides, the kids will feel like they've gotten a major dose of Disney, plus next morning when we head back to MK for our breakkie w/ the princesses at CRT, everyone is all set w/ their hats for autographing.

But NOOoooooOOOO....

There will be no Spectromagic parade on Wednesday. Oh no! Bad news, because my Cuz, Cecile, will only be with us for 4 nights. That means 1 night for each nighttime show, plus 1 night at Ragland Road. There will be no do-overs! We can't spend 2 evenings at the same park while she's there. So the new plan is to head to MGM, buy the hats (I'm thinking we'll have better selection of character hats at MGM than at Epcot--whaddyathink?), and see Fantasmic! I love me some Fantasmic! It always makes me cry....but then, I spend a lot of time crying at Disney World. Why, you ask? Ah, patience Grasshopper....that is another story for another post.

On positive note: I made our ADR for Ragland Road!!! I'm so stoked! So, here's the itinerary so far:

Wed., April 30--Arrive at ASMo around 6:30/7. Throw luggage into room & head over to MGM to buy hats & see Fantasmic . I'm a little worried about getting there in time to queue up for the show. Mason will have a GAC because we'll need to use his stroller as a wheelchair; that could work for us or against us, depending on whether the wheelchair seats are all taken.

Thursday, May 1: Mommy (that would be ME) up at crack of dawn to get our day bags packed, then out the door by 7 to head to MK! Gotta get Ramie & Mason on Dumbo first thing, then see what we can fit in before CRT at 10:15. Leave MK at 1--Me, my mom, Mason, & Ramie back to hotel for some zzzzzz. The Daddy, Riley, & Ethan to...(SHHH!!! don't tell! It's a surprise) Disney Quest (I'm so jealous...). Not sure which group Cecile will hang with. Meet up at Ragland Road for dinner at 8.

Friday, May 2--Maybe, just maybe, I'll take it easy on them and let them sleep in just a bit. Only for my mother's sake, because I don't want to run her into the ground. Animal Kingdom--unless we blow off the Studios morning EMH on Saturday (which is entirely possible), this is our only day for AK. I cannot wait for some Jammin in the Jungle!!! At some point we'll need to head back to let the little ones nap, then it's off to Epcot for the evening and Illuminations.

Saturday, May 3-- a.m., Studios. This might be the day we take Ethan to SciFi grill for a milkshake; p.m., MK, Spectomagic & Wishes.

Sunday, May 4--We will be transferring from ASMo to VWL. & Cecile leaves for the airport mid-morning. We'll probably do late breakfast, see Cecile off, and head over to VWL. We're treating Gus to parasailing for an early b'day gift, so we'll watch him, and then do the campfire and/or the Electric Water Pageant.

Monday, May 5--a.m., AK. I'd like to check out Boma; p.m., Studios. Since we will already have seen Fantasmic, we may cut out early....but who am I kidding?

Tuesday, May 6-- wildcard--either Blizzard beach or Epcot.

Wednesday, May 7--whatever we didn't do yesterday. When we do BB, Mom & Mason will hang out at VWL. Ramie & I will probably cut out of BB shortly after lunchtime & come back to the hotel to nap & hang out w/ Mom & Mason. We'll meet up w/ Gus & the older kids for evening activities.

Thursday, May 8--a.m., MK; p.m., Hmmm... this is AK's p.m. EMH, but exactly how much later do they stay open? Reg. park hours are posted as 9-5. I'll have to think about this one, because it doesn't make much sense to go to AK after nap if they're only open til 6.

Friday, May 9-- Depart for home. But, why can't Disney World be my home? We'll have to leave by 10ish, so either we'll just sleep in a little & take our time packing or maybe have breakfast at Whispering Canyon.

So there's the plan so far. Not many ADRs or restaurant plans. We're going to eat in the room when possible to justify the expense of staying at VWL.

So next time I'll fill you in on some of my Dad's more Clark Griswold moments...

Old 01-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #130
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
You're back!!!!!!!
Yes, (sigh), this whole Brittney Spears situation has had me so depressed, I can hardly get out of bed to come post....

Old 01-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #131
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, (sigh), this whole Brittney Spears situation has had me so depressed, I can hardly get out of bed to come post....

She has me beat in the crazy dept.....

I know she's an adult but someone needs to do an intervention.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #132
dairyqueenmom
If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse.

Happy New Year, just had some time to get caught up with your thread. I loved your post on your Christmas tree. We have the identical tree at our house. I could match you glitter for glitter and pipe cleaner for pipe cleaner. I wouldn't change it for the world. The whole Jamie Lynn Spears thing made for some conversations that I wasn't ready for, but my 10 year old daughter had many questions. The funniest thing I heard on the Today Show this week was from two comedians about the biggest stories of the year and they said "Who would have predicted that Federline was the better parent!!!" Your plan looks great. I am wondering if we will run into each other. We will be arriving on the 3rd. Just to be a pest, have you scheduled the Dr. visit yet????
1995 Disneymoon Dixie Landings, 1998 Off Site, 2000 Off Site, 2001 Disney Magic, 2004 CB, 2005 Disney Magic, 2006 ASMOV, 2007 ASMU, May 2008 AKV Our 1st trip Home, Sept. 2008 BWV Mommy and Daddy Get Away, Jan. 2009 AKV 40th Birthday Trip, Aug. 2009 Vero/AKV, Oct. 2009 Mom & Dad Annual Get Away BWV, August 2010 Summer Family Vacation AKV, August 2011 BCV/AKV Summer Family Vacation, December 2011 Solo Trip MVMCP, February 2012 Princess 1/2 Marathon Poly w/sister, July 2012 Summer Family Vacation Marriot Royal Palms & AKV, Feb. 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon POR w/sister, July 2013 Summer Vacation AKV & Ft. Pierce Beach
DH Me DD16 DD14 DS10 DS10: Oberon
Old 01-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #133
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairyqueenmom View Post
Your plan looks great. I am wondering if we will run into each other. We will be arriving on the 3rd. Just to be a pest, have you scheduled the Dr. visit yet????
Wouldn't that be fun??? I've never had a Dismeet before!

Oh yeah, the doctor thing.... Well, umm, see, it's like this..... Techinically I gave myself until after the Christmas holidays to get it done, and since it's just now Epiphany (and we celebrate Christmas until the wise men show up!), technically tomorrow is my first day back in the real world. So I guess I kinda need to maybe think about possibly getting my calendar out and sorta lookin to see when might potentially be a good time to investigate the eventuality of considering setting up an appointment....

Do you smell a New Year's Resolution in there somewhere?

All joking aside, I guess I am ready to go take care of this. As much as I dread rehashing my whole history with yet another doctor, it will be good to face it.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:16 PM   #134
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dairyqueenmom View Post
Your plan looks great. I am wondering if we will run into each other. We will be arriving on the 3rd. Just to be a pest, have you scheduled the Dr. visit yet????
Wouldn't that be fun??? I've never had a Dismeet before!

Oh yeah, the doctor thing.... Well, umm, see, it's like this..... Techinically I gave myself until after the Christmas holidays to get it done, and since it's just now Epiphany (and we celebrate Christmas until the wise men show up!), technically tomorrow is my first day back in the real world. So I guess I kinda need to maybe think about possibly getting my calendar out and sorta lookin to see when might potentially be a good time to investigate the eventuality of considering setting up an appointment....

Do you smell a New Year's Resolution in there somewhere?

All joking aside, I guess I am ready to go take care of this. As much as I dread rehashing my whole history with yet another doctor, it will be good to face it.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:14 PM   #135
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

I'm worried that my thread is going to turn me in to TPS (Thread Protection Services) for neglect!

Okay, here's a small tidbit w/ a somewhat tenuous WDW reference:

You wanna know what we had for dessert after lunch today? I'll give you a hint: Think Fort Wilderness, and the Campfire.....that's right--S'MORES!!! Mmmm....Yum!

Okay, not exactly an earth-shattering post. But it's all I have for now. I'll do better next time. Promise!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: