Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2007, 02:17 PM   #46
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
Just signing on...just to be nosey!
Welcome Sherry! Feel free to be as nosey as you wanna be!

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18
DH Me DD16 DS12 DD8 DSDs6 DDDs 5
Old 10-31-2007, 05:21 PM   #47
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

more fuzzy Disney math...

So I just realized, even though our trip isn't until May, which according to the calendar (should you be the type to actually pay attention to those) is 6 months away (like it says on my ticker!), in fuzzy Disney math it's only 4 months away.

Well, when you think about it (and even when you don't...), tomorrow is November 1, which means we only have 3 weeks to get ready for Thanksgiving. We are having company in early that week , and will probably have close to 25 people in our house--19 family, and we are hoping to talk to our church's youth pastor about "adopting" a few displaced college students. So I have some big time logistics & plain ol' fashioned work ahead of me, which I figure will make the next 3 weeks just zoom by.

So then after Thanksgiving of course is CHRISTmas! Yea! Yea! 4 kids. That's all I have to say. Yep, December is going to be a whirlwind of decorating and planning and activities, plus a weekend trip for CHRISTmas at my Stepmom's down on Lake Travis the weekend before, and before you know it, it'll be here & I'll be face down in the pecan pie (BTW, you know that is pronounced puh-cahn'. Don't be sayin' "pee'-can" while your readin' my trippie. Because my pecan pie is going to be made down here in the south, so you have to say it right. If you are makin' your own back east or up north somewhere, you can pronounce yours however you want. But say mine right! p.s--I feel like I can get away with some sarcasm, because I was born a Connecticut yankee, so it's all in good fun! ).

So basically the next two months don't count, because I'll be too busy to do much actual planning. See? 4 months! Just like I said!

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #48
DisneyDadFaNaTic
How Do I Buy a House on Main Street?

You had to bring up Christmas!! I haven't even thought of buying Christmas presents till I read that. Maybe it was a good thing. Now I won't put it off till a couple of days before!

In Memory of Baby and Buddy!

Pre-Trip for June 2008 Land/Sea Vacation http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1619524
Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #49
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Off-plan again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadFaNaTic View Post
You had to bring up Christmas!! I haven't even thought of buying Christmas presents till I read that. Maybe it was a good thing. Now I won't put it off till a couple of days before!
Oh, I have been in the CHRISTmas mood for at least a month now! My VBF brought me a CHRISTmas CD as a hostess gift last month, and that's all it took! Only 55 days! Yippee!! This year the kids and I will be studying Germany during December...gee, what a great segue' to a pretrip report!

I think I mentioned before that we home school. We actually took a break last year, because I was just feeling really overwhelmed incorporating all of Mason's therapy and the extra doctor appointments he had at the time. He had been through 2 surgeries in his first 7 months, and I just needed some chill-out time. God did a lot of work on me that year, really helping me get rid of the "angry mommy" I had become, and since that time Mason's medical situation has been fairly uneventful. So I figured we'd just work around all the therapy and go back to home schooling.

Knowing that a trip to Disney was to be our end-of-the-school-year-field-trip-extraordinaire, I decided to incorporate it into our social studies, geography, history, and literature curriculum by studying all the countries of the World Showcase.

I found this great book on the internet written by a home schooling mom. It has one unit on each country of the World Showcase, and then also units on each pavillion in Future World for our science curriculum! On top of that, we've built in lots of literature. To start each country, we make a banner w/ a drawing of the country, and then Riley and Ethan illustrate it.

First, we started w/ Mexico. We read lots of Mexican folklore, and threw a fiesta (not a big stretch since The Daddy is Mexican-American) complete w/ a traditional star pinata and several CDs of mariachi music. My in-laws came up for our fiesta, and we made Pozole (a traditional Mexican pork & hominy stew) and MIL made homemade pumpkin empanadas. Mmmm! The kids and I also took in a local Mexican fiesta on our county courthouse square, where dancers performed traditional Mexican dances. We ate tamales til I thought we would burst!

For China, we read lots of Chinese folktales and mythology. Riley (12) read The Good Earth. They illustrated our banner w/ a couple of really cool drawings of Chinese dragons and pavillions. We made our own paper lanterns (seemed simple--not so much...but they turned out beautifully!), and cooked a beautiful Chinese banquet. We never go to Chinese restaurants because of Ramie's peanut allergy, so one afternoon I left the two little ones home w/ The Daddy, and Riley, Ethan, and I went to our favorite Chinese buffet for lunch. I hadn't been in 3 years!

Next, we studied Italy. Riley got "creative" with the banner--she drew the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and then drew a cartoon tourist saying "It looks more like the Leaning Tower of Wedding Cake than the Leaning Tower of Pizza." His cartoon tourist wife is saying "It's 'Pisa,' Dear..." Then she drew a canal w/ a gondola going under a bridge, and a deer walking over the bridge, with another cartoon tourist saying "Mmmm....VENICE-on!" (get it? Venison? Venice?). Not exactly what I had in mind, but she managed to accurately portray two Italian landmarks, and fit in her own wacky personality (don't know where she gets it....)

We made an AWESOME Italian feast for our VBFs, complete w/ Verdi playing in the background, even considering at the time we were going gluten free to help Ethan's ADD (note--it had an amazing impact on his focus and attention, but so many gluten free products are nut-contaminated that we just couldn't safely do it w/ Ramie's allergy, so we've since had to abandon it), so pasta was off the menu. Italian w/out pasta? No problem! I made "Polenta Palio Italia" (Italian Flag Polenta), with marinara, alfredo, and pesto sauce. We also made a salad w/ mixed greens, pears, and gorgonzola; green beens sautee'd w/ garlic & olive oil; and homemade crepes filled w/ mascarpone and topped w/ berries. That was a menu worthy of repeating!

We used our Italy study as an opportunity to do Greek & Roman history. We read Black Ships Before Troy and The Wanderings of Odysseus, beautiful adaptations of Homer's Illiad and Odyssey, by Rosemary Sutcliffe. Plus of course, lots of mythology. We took a trip to the Dallas Museum of Art to check out an exhibit of a wealthy resort town that was destroyed by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius. We were expecting something like the Pompeii exhibit, where you see the castings of the victims, but it was just several rooms full of frescoes. Beautiful, but not really thrilling. Ramie and Ethan were just recovering from a bout of illness, so they were wiped out and exhausted from all the walking.

So today being November 1, we are starting our study of The United States to coincide with Thanksgiving. Ethan is sooo excited, because we read Tom Sawyer back in the summer, and then school started and I told him we had to wait to read Huckleberry Finn until November when we study the US. Tonight is the night, and he can't wait! For our history we are going to cover from the American Indians through the colonial period. I am still toying with the idea of doing Norway this first week, so we can discuss the Viking explorers first.... They are doing math right now, so I have a couple of hours to think about which History plan to start first....

And, as I mentioned before, in December we will study Germany, so we will be incorporating a lot of German tradition into our CHRISTmas festivities. I am 1/4 German. I studied German in high-school & became fairly fluent. I've been to Germany twice and have always loved the Germany pavillion!

As we do each unit, we are actually also studying what the different WS pavillions look like, and I have found that in my 3 trips to Epcot, we have really always just glanced over the WS, treating it more as just a place to grab a snack and scope out a seat for illuminations. We did eat at Akershus once (who knew there were so many ways to prepare herring? Seriously, the rest of the food was good...I guess I've just been through too many dolphin-feedings at Sea World to eat herring....). This time, I'm looking forward to really exploring each pavillion and spending a lot of time in each one.

Hmmm...this diverting from "the plan" is becoming a habit. Makes you feel sorry for my poor family, doesn't it? They have to live with me!

Next: The attractions & Dis-experiences each "cast member" of my trip is most looking forward to...along w/ some surprises planned by Mommy!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #50
tyandskyesmom
DIS Veteran

Wow, you really have that home schooling down pat! I wanted to home school And we did, in fact, try it for Tyler the year he should have been in Kindergarten (his birthday is December 29th so I think he needed to start formal schooling when he was 4 almost 5 not 5 almost 6 but the government apparently does not think so and it has been an up hill battle ever since!) but we just could not get it together. Maybe it was me, maybe it was him, maybe it was both of us but it just did not seem to work for us. I really wish it had, for many reasons! But it sounds like you guys are great at it!

It sounds like your family will have a wonderful time exploring the World Showcase with all the knowledge you will have of it's origins when you get there!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:14 PM   #51
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyandskyesmom View Post
Wow, you really have that home schooling down pat! I wanted to home school And we did, in fact, try it for Tyler the year he should have been in Kindergarten (his birthday is December 29th so I think he needed to start formal schooling when he was 4 almost 5 not 5 almost 6 but the government apparently does not think so and it has been an up hill battle ever since!) but we just could not get it together. Maybe it was me, maybe it was him, maybe it was both of us but it just did not seem to work for us. I really wish it had, for many reasons! But it sounds like you guys are great at it!

It sounds like your family will have a wonderful time exploring the World Showcase with all the knowledge you will have of it's origins when you get there!
Hey Sherry! That's one of the great things about home schooling: you really can tailor it to what your children need. Ramie is doing some preK stuff this year. She will turn 5 on Oct. 23, 2008, after what would be the state cut-off, but we will probably start Kindergarten then. Although if I wait a year, it will give me an extra year to save for her college tuition!

We used to have a lot of conflict and chaos, but that year off gave me a beautiful perspective. For one, it showed me that I was doing a great job w/ my kids academically! That really allowed me to not be so stressed and uptight. Most days we have all of our assignments already laid out for us and move from lesson to lesson very orderly. Other days it's more organic. We reviewed Greco/Roman history from the Minoans of ancient Crete through Augustus Ceaser the other day in the car on our way to the grocery store (it's about a 20 minute trip each way). We are also blessed that Texas is a big home schooling state, so most communities have great home school organizations. Ours meets weekly for PE and once a month for the kids to do book reviews.

If you ever try again, my advice is to remember that once you bring education home, it's not about passing some arbitrary standardized test: it's about giving your children ownership of knowledge, and instilling in them a love of learning and the concept that knowledge is the one thing you can own and no one can ever take away from you.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:10 PM   #52
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Cool Sshh! Want in on a secret???

Feels like I haven't DISsed in days! But I'm back (whether that's a good thing or not--I'll leave that for you to decide)!

I don't have everyone's vote for what the number one thing they are each looking forward to is yet, but I happen to have some surprises planned that I think they are going to love!

The Daddy has always wanted to go parasailing. We go down to Padre Island every spring, but with 4 kids plus his parents in tow, it's just never seemed convenient. Plus The Mommy is terrified of sharks, so the thought of watching him parasail over the ocean scares the outta me!

So while we are at WDW, which will be the first week of May, we are going to surprise The Daddy with parasailing at the CR! It will be an early birthday present for him. The kids have helped save up for it, so it will really be a family gift! He is going to it!

Riley (DD12) is our equestrian....aw, heck! She's a bona fide Cowgirl! She has a beautiful American Paint/Quarter Horse mix (that makes him a TobyQ) that she was given by her old riding instructor. When they closed down the stable where she used to take lessons, her instructor, DeDe, didn't have anywhere to keep Mr. Handsome, and she was going to sell him, but she just loved Riley and knew she would take good care of him, so she gave him to her! We also got two goats in the deal. Esther thinks she's a dog. Stinky ("Gee, I wonder why she calls him stinky..." I said. Trust me, it became self-evident) looks like something you'd see mounted on a hunter's wall--he is very exotic looking...and smelling! He was actually a stray (no, I am not kidding. He was a stray goat). He was just wandering down the highway (not like an interstate, it's a two-lane rural road, but the speed limit is 60) one day, and he wandered onto DeDe's property. The funny thing is that we were driving down the road that day, way before Riley took lessons, and we were like "Ohmygosh! Did you see that wild animal wandering down the side of the road?"

So for Riley, my horse-lover, we are going to go to see the ponies at FW. She will have been away from her "baby" for several days at that point, so I'm sure she'll be lonesome for him, but she'll enjoy it.

Ethan (DS8)-- Ethan wants to be a filmmaker when he grows up. In addition to filming documentaries of the places he hopes to visit as an explorer and missionary, he wants to make Christian horror movies ("Because there just aren't enough good Christian horror movies," he says."). I can't stand any type of slasher flick, but I love good old fashioned monsters, aliens, stuff like that.

So, is this one too obvious? That's right!!! For Ethan, we are having dessert at the SciFi Theater! We've never been, so I can't wait!

TheDaddy, Riley, & Ethan, surprise II-- I mentioned the kids helped save up for TheDaddy's parasailing surprise. Well, I also told them that if they saved up enough, there would be a special surprise for them, too. So one day while my Mom & I hang out w/ Ramie & Mason, I'm sending the three of them to DisneyQuest! Now, truthfully, I am a little envious that I won't be going along. But I don't know that my mom can handle both Ramie and Mason at the same time, so I'll stay behind with her. But my three "big kids" (I included TheDaddy in that count, didja' notice?) are going to have an absolute blast! The only problem is that I just know they are going to have a hard time leaving. We will have a special dinner planned that evening at DTD (that's coming up under Nana's surprise treat), and I'm so worried they'll be late!

Ramie (DD4)-- When you get right down to it, it's her first trip, so everything is a surprise. But for a 4 year old princess who loves to dress up, there's one can't miss event....Yep, it's breakfast with the princesses at Cinderella's Castle! I bought her a Cinderella dress that I was originally going to give her for CHRISTmas, but I'm thinking maybe it should live in the closet with the rest of my stash so she can wear it that morning. Sounds like a plan!

Originally, I was just going to plan on Ramie, my mom, and me going to Cindy's while The Daddy took the big kids on some rides. But nobody wanted to miss seeing Ramie's face for this one!

Mason (DS2)-- Well, I don't know that we technically have a specific "surprise" in store for Mason per se. He will love everything. He is just the kind of kid that loves life and loves going and doing and seeing. He loves people watching--actually, let me rephrase that ....he loves getting people to watch HIM. I think he will get a kick out of the 4 story tall figures at the All Star Movies during our 4-night stay there, but we don't really have him sitting down watching movies, so he won't really know that it's Perdy and Pongo, or Buzz & Woody.

But one thing this kid loves is water. Loves bathtime, swimming time, just playing in the faucet. He loves to watch me fill the big bath cup with water and pour it out while he tries to catch it in his hands, or--better yet-- tries to kiss the stream of water. So I'm thinking we are going to swing Mason by the Epcot Fountain! It will be just his cup of tea!

Nana-- My mom is an anglophile. Loves anything British. British comedies on PBS, Crabtree & Evelyn, scones, you name it. So originally I was thinking of Rose and Crown. Sounds logical, right? But her love of all things British extends beyond just England....to all things Celtic as well! So for my dear mother, we are going to have dinner at Ragland Road one evening and see the Celtic band and the dancers! But to adequately cover her British obsession, we will be sure to do some shopping in England at the World Showcase.

Cecile-- the cuz-- I am going to have to do some research here. I have a feeling Cecile is going to be worried about "hijacking" our trip, since we had already been planning it when we invited her to join us. I really appreciate that, but since she is only going to be able to stay 4 days, I want to make sure she has a great time, too. I'm going to have to work on this.

The Mommy (me)-- I've thought about what a special treat for me might be.... That's a hard one, because I love everything, and since I'm the one doing all the planning, it's going to be hard to surprise myself! I think staying at the VWL is a huge treat, because I love the whole lodge thing, and I'm really excited about it. I thought about doing lunch at Chefs de France so I could have a yummy Croque Monsieur, but I might be just as happy w/ a ham & swiss croissant from the CS in France.

I did bring up the possibilty of me & TheDaddy maybe having a late-night date one night while we're there. Get the two little ones down for bed, and let Mom & the big kids hang out at the VWL while we go out. There are several restaurants I'd love to eat at , but paying for 7 dinners would take a little bit of the fun out of it! Artist Point would be the most convenient, but the menu at Citrico's sounds amazing! I'm an ingredient gal--I don't really get excited about "simple" dishes. To me, a steak is just a hunk of beef. Give me some goat cheese or some carmelized onions, now we're talking! Citrico's sounds right up my alley! But I don't know that I'm willing to splurge to that extent even just for the 2 of us. Maybe we'll have to make it just dessert and coffee after everyone is tucked in. Even that would be fun!

So know you're in on the surprise--ssshh!!! Don't spill the beans!

Next time: What Ramie likes even more than princesses...

Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM   #53
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Mommy, is it May yet?

Ramie is really working hard on the concepts of time, for instance, trying to get morning & night, today vs. tomorrow, nap time vs. bed time, all those things straight. She has a hard time waiting for morning to come, let alone waiting for our May trip to Disney World. She wants to go now! "It's so loooong to wait!" So we've been doing the whole "First comes Thanksgiving, then CHRISTmas, then New Years, then Valentines Day, then Easter, and then when it's May, then it will be time to go to Disney World."

So today, Ramie says, with a very serious, contemplative look: "But, what does May look like?" I guess she wants to make sure she'll recognize it when she sees it!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #54
LaLaroo78
Mouseketeer

What nice surprises for everyone! I love that the kids helped saved for TheDaddy's surprise too! That is so thoughtful.

What does May look like? Your Ramie is too cute. Kids say the cutest things sometimes.

Okay I am getting jealous of your trip now with all the surprises and things you are going to do so how would you feel about "adopting" me and I can come on your trip?

Waiting for the next installment!

Michele
Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM   #55
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaroo78 View Post
What nice surprises for everyone! I love that the kids helped saved for TheDaddy's surprise too! That is so thoughtful.

What does May look like? Your Ramie is too cute. Kids say the cutest things sometimes.

Okay I am getting jealous of your trip now with all the surprises and things you are going to do so how would you feel about "adopting" me and I can come on your trip?

Waiting for the next installment!

Michele
Hey, the more the merrier!
Actually, we are loooking into "adopting" some college kids from our church for Thanksgiving, so I'll let you know if I pass the "adoption" test!

Next installment: coming up soon. Riley & Ethan are spending some "quality time" w/ Ramie before her nap, so let's see how much I can get done before she drives them crazy!

Last edited by ashleypmo; 11-07-2007 at 01:41 PM. Reason: needed some smilie action!
Old 11-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #56
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Well, for a minute yesterday, I thought my pretrippie was going to come to a tragic end. Either that, or it would change into one of those 500-day PTRs.

Why?

Blame it on Bambi.

See, we live in a pretty rural area. We're only about 5 minutes from civilization, but civilization comes to an abrupt halt at about that 5 minute mark. We are pretty much surrounded by army corps land and lake, so we have an abundance of real-life Disney critters, straight from the cels of Snow White.

You can soooo see where this is going, can't you?

So, I have taken several occasions to remind The Daddy about all these woodland creatures, especially the larger ones. Now, I know better than to nag him--for one thing, I know it doesn't work, and for another, he's just so darn cute! But I'll say things like "The kids and I have really seen a lot of deer hanging out by the road." Or, "I was thinking about that poor woman who was killed the year we moved here when the deer came through her windshield. Wasn't that tragic?" Things like that. The other day I mentioned, "We've already started seeing the deer. I guess now that fall is here, we need to be really careful."

Now you know exactly where I'm headed, don'tcha?

Well, The Daddy leaves for work every day around 6am . Yesterday happened to be the day for my MOMs fellowship meeting, so I was up around 6:15 ish myself. I thought it odd when I heard Gus' car back in the driveway again, but I figured he'd forgotten something. But when he walked into the room...well, the sheepish grin was my first clue that something was up. He just looked at me and said: "Bambi won't be coming home."

Now, I have to say, I have done some really stupid, bonehead things in the time we have been married. Not only is my sweet husband always right there to bail me out, but he doesn't usually give me much grief about it either. He's the Ricky to my Lucy, only without all the yelling in Spanish. So when he messes up, I can't really rub it in. Too much.

Of course, my first reaction was "Was it a buck? How many points? Can we have the head mounted?" Since he drives a van, we decided it wasn't really practical to haul a tick-infested deer around in the back, so that was a "No." But then it started to sink in.....when a vehicle strikes a deer, sure, the deer takes the worst of it.... "How bad is the van?"

"Oh, probably $3-4,000." You notice, I'm using that smilie a lot. That was really the face I was making on the inside. On the outside, I was all "Oh, honey, it could have happened to anyone. Deer are so stupid! That's why so many of them get hit. They're always running out in front of cars." I did manage to sneak a couple of sly "I-told-you-so" type phrases in there....but we were both laughing about it, so I figured it was all in good fun. I might have mentioned the possibility that God was using this to tell him that he should listen to his wife more often.....

But about the time he mentioned the $$$, I started thinking-- that money's going to have to come out of our Disney fund! See, because Gus' van has been paid off for a while, he only has liability, which isn't going to do us any good unless the deer's wife tracks us down and files a wrongful death suit. I was really feeling ill about it for a little while (the $$, not the possibility of a deer filing a lawsuit. Although that would weird me out a little...), but I figured well, we are just going to have to trust God in this, and the important thing is that The Daddy is okay, our family is all safe, and everything else is really just secondary.

I am happy to report, however, that the Disney fund is still intact! Evidently, the price they charge you when you don't have insurance is about half of what they charge when you do... So the vacation is safe! Which is a good thing, because I'd be really bummed if all that stuff in my closet was just taking up space for nuttin'!

Next time: Lil' sis takes her famous friends along to Disney Land!

Last edited by ashleypmo; 11-07-2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: 'coz I messed the whole durn thing up!
Old 11-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #57
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

The mailman is my new best friend!

Actually, she's a mail woman (would that make her a FEmail? )

So Gus brings in the mail last night, and plops down two big, fat envelopes addressed to me! Now, yesterday was a rough day. Everybody was just a little higher maintenance than usual, and by the end of the day the kitchen counter was piled high with dishes and school books and....well, mostly dishes and school books, I guess.

We are down to one vehicle, thanks to Bambi, so to save $ Gus is using my suburban this week & the kids and I are staying home. Now, when I told you about him hitting a deer, I mentioned we live in a pretty rural area. I mean, we're only 5-10 minutes away from the 9th fastest growing city in the US, with 2 major universities, but we are in this nice little rural pocket. Ordinarily, it's great....until you have no transportation, and you realize it gets mighty boring just sitting at home!

So when Gus called to say he was stuck at the office , which meant me handling dinner, clean up (yeah, right), bathtime, and bedtime all by my self, I felt a little . But we managed. Actually, my right-hand girl Riley gave Ramie a shower with her, and then helped her get ready for bed while I gave Mason his bath. We got the two little ones in bed by about 8, and Riley, Ethan, & I started reading our bed time story (which, since we are doing America for November, is Huck Finn. Ethan has been absolutely dying to read Huck all year, since we read Tom Sawyer this summer. I do have to say that I read both books when I was about 10, and I didn't remember how much Twain used the "n" word! I mean, I guess that's unfortunately how people talked in the south then, since the book is set before the abolition of slavery. I showed the kids the word, explained what people use it to mean, explained how offensive and evil it is, and have just been substituting 'slave' or 'man.' It's cool to see how the innocent hearts of children don't have to be told how ridiculous and horrible slavery was, but during certain passages of the book, their little heads almost seem to explode, and they're like: "Whoa--what's that about?")

So 2 chapters of Huck Finn later, I've gone in 3 times to tell the little ones to be quiet and go to sleep (they share a room, which is what happens when you find out after you build a house for 3 children that you are pregnant again), and put Ramie back in bed twice (once she said she had to go potty again, then her stomach was growling, which is what happens, mommy explained, when little girls don't eat the nutritious dinner their mommy fixes them). When Gus finally gets home around 9:30, Mason is still babbling & singing & banging around in his crib, and I'm frustrated because the night before he kept me up for several hours doing the same thing.

So when Gus plopped down the two envelopes addressed to me, it didn't sink in what treasure they might contain.

Fast forward to this morning, which, incidentally, came waaaay to early for me. I love "fall back" time (and absolutely hate daylight stupid time), but the two younger ones still ain't got the news. So I'm standing at the kitchen counter, and I pick up one of the envelopes to look at the return address....SmallWorld Va---aaaaaahhhhh!!!!! SMALL WORLD VACATIONS!!! It's our hotel confirmations! Wooo--hooo!

I don't really know why it's all that exciting. I mean, I made the reservations & paid the room deposits last week, so I knew it was a done deal. But to have it in paper, black & white, bay-bee! It's becoming ever so real! April 30-May4 at ASMo, at which point we will check out and scurry on over to the Villas at Wilderness Lodge! I haven't gotten that confirmation yet, but it should be coming along soon!

Well, I've abandoned the plan again, because I was supposed to tell you about the time my lil' sis took her famous friends with us to DisneyLand. So I'll give you a hint.....hmmmm... they comprise a famous musical trio that released a blockbuster Christmas song (not sure when--late 50s or maybe
60s?), 3 albums in the late 70s/early 80s (one punk, one rock, and one country), starred in various made for TV specials, their own tv series, and they have a movie scheduled to be released in theaters later this year.

Any guesses? Oh come on! I'm practically giving it away! The right answer gets you a !

Old 11-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #58
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Oops..I almost forgot...

Okay, so like, 3 posts ago I said next would be "What Ramie likes even better than princesses..." Okay, I'll get around to that soon!

Old 11-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #59
LaLaroo78
Mouseketeer

Ashley sorry to hear about bambi wrecking the car Thank God Gus is ok!

Isn't it funny how we all get excited over a little piece of paper confirming our reservations?!

Can't wait for the next installment!

~Michele
Old 11-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #60
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaroo78 View Post
Ashley sorry to hear about bambi wrecking the car Thank God Gus is ok!

Isn't it funny how we all get excited over a little piece of paper confirming our reservations?!

Can't wait for the next installment!

~Michele
Yes, only Gus' ego was bruised--just a little! I hope to get another installment up today. We had some family drama goin' down this weekend that we had to deal with, so I didn't get to DIS all weekend. Hopefully I'll get the two little ones down for nap, and catch up while the older two are having some free time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: