Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2007, 11:18 PM   #16
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

post your vote!

Okay, for Thursday's post your choices are:

What do I have in my closet?

Or

"Grandmother! Grandmother! Guess what!"

You make the call. Just post your vote and let me know what you want to know. It's easy: just type in the word "closet" or the word "Grandmother." I'll go ya' one better: you can even just type in "C" or "G" and I'll figure it out from there.

What? A shameless ploy to up my post count you say?

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18
DH Me DD16 DS12 DD8 DSDs6 DDDs 5
Old 10-24-2007, 11:51 PM   #17
jenna
DIS Veteran

I'll chose "C" for closet.....

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #18
DisneyDadFaNaTic
How Do I Buy a House on Main Street?

I'll have to go with "Grandmother". Closets scare me around Halloween!

Great job, BTW!

In Memory of Baby and Buddy!

Pre-Trip for June 2008 Land/Sea Vacation http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1619524
Old 10-25-2007, 10:18 AM   #19
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDadFaNaTic View Post
I'll have to go with "Grandmother". Closets scare me around Halloween!

Great job, BTW!
Oh honey, my closets are scary all year long!

And thanks for the compliment! Tell all your disbuddies to come join us!

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18

Last edited by ashleypmo; 10-25-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: forgot to get my purple on!
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #20
DisneyDadFaNaTic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleypmo View Post
Oh honey, my closets are scary all year long!
DW thinks I'm a nut cause I won't go to bed unless the closet doors are closed completely. I've seen "Monsters Inc."! I know whats in there!

Pre-Trip for June 2008 Land/Sea Vacation http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1619524
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #21
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DW thinks I'm a nut cause I won't go to bed unless the closet doors are closed completely. I've seen "Monsters Inc."! I know whats in there!
Both DD12 & DS8 are the same way! DS8 has very complex sleeping rituals to ward off monsters, including pulling his sheet up over his head & twisting it under his chin--like a Mary in the school nativity play. And he has to have both the sheet AND the comforter, even if it's too warm, because evidently the monsters could get through the sheet, but that comforter--well, that's just too much for them (I have to admit, I did exactly the same thing, even until I was.....13 )!

But despite his best efforts, stuff still happens. Because he is my explorer child, we put our big, laminated National Geographic world map on the wall over his bed. Well, last night I was at my computer trying to wrap up those DVC rental plans (reference to actual trip planning, which makes this post officially NOT off topic!), and I hear this "WOOOSHHCRASH!!!" About 2 seconds later, Ethan is standing here before me in the dark schoolroom, panting. "What's the matter Ethan?" I ask. "hhh,hhh,hhh,hhh.." "Ethan, answer me!!!" "hhh,hhh,hhh," "Ethan, use some words!!!" "I can't use words when my heart's beating a thousand times, dont you know that!!!" So after I quickly pinned my "Worst Mommy of the Year Award" on, I pulled him onto my lap to snuggle him and try to earn some points back. It seems that one minute he was just nodding off into dreamland, and all of a sudden he hears this horrible sound and something is on top of him--something which turned out to be the huge laminated map falling off the wall!

So now I have a big laminated map thumbtacked to the wall in my hallway. But it just goes to show you, you can't hide from the creepies this time of year!

Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #22
DisneyDadFaNaTic

That is hilarious (although I'm sure he didn't think so at the time)!

Nothing scares me more than something happening while I'm asleep or as I'm dozing off!

That doesn't stop me from trying to scare people who are dozing off though. You can't beat the priceless reactions!

Old 10-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #23
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Oh dear.. It's been another crazy day! Never got around to posting. So we have a tie between "closets" and "grandmother..." Well, if there isn't a tiebreaking vote by the time I post tomorrow, I may have to flip a coin!

Since I don't have time for a post, how about a bit of "who said it?"

"I swim pretty girl!"

Movie & character. Any takers???

And tomorrow, I promise, a new installment!

Up next: You make the call--"What's in my closet?" or "Grandmother! Grandmother! Guess what!"

Old 10-25-2007, 11:30 PM   #24
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

help me Rhonda!

Okay, technically this is a question pertaining to my trip planning:

I need to close my thread over on the DVC points renting board.
How????? It says to edit my title---how??? and will editing my title take care of it, or is there a magic "closed" icon somewhere???

Help!

Last edited by ashleypmo; 10-25-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: forgot to turn my purple on again!
Old 10-26-2007, 12:27 AM   #25
jenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleypmo View Post
Oh dear.. It's been another crazy day! Never got around to posting. So we have a tie between "closets" and "grandmother..." Well, if there isn't a tiebreaking vote by the time I post tomorrow, I may have to flip a coin!

Since I don't have time for a post, how about a bit of "who said it?"

"I swim pretty girl!"

Movie & character. Any takers???

And tomorrow, I promise, a new installment!

Up next: You make the call--"What's in my closet?" or "Grandmother! Grandmother! Guess what!"
Was it Milo in Atlantis?

Married in WDW at the Wedding Pavilion- May 22, 1996
Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #26
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post
Was it Milo in Atlantis?
Yes! and your prize.... Mmmm... looks good. You know, I've never had one.

Update coming soon! Really! In fact, after I submit this post, I'm going to start my update. It will doubtless take me all stinkin' day to finish, because it's 8:20, and Mason has a therapist coming at 9 and he's still in bed, and I'm not showered. In fact, everyone's in bed, so they are going to have to get there own breakfasts and feed the baby for me. "They" meaning DD12, of course. I don't think the others are up to it!

So just let me find a coin to flip.....

Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #27
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

The coin is in the air, and it's....

Tails! "Grandmother" it is. DisneyDadFaNaTic wins this time. (Which is only fair, since Jenna got that delicious MickeyBar!). "Closet" will be next.

So like I said, I don't have that many memories of my trip at 3 years old. I do, however, remember the motel room we stayed in. Not unlike any other motel room, I suppose, you know how you walk past the beds and there's the area w/ the sink & mirror? Well that is the scene of our story.

I was soooo excited. I don't remember what I was excited about, but whatever it was, it must have been really amazing, because I was one stoked 3 year old. I was wearing my brand-new Walt Disney World Mickey Mouse shirt--- the one w/ Mickey's Head and the aqua/turquoise circle around it.

I came running into the motel room, ran up to Grandmother shouting, "Grandmother! Grandmother! Guess what?"

Now, I really should tell you alittle about Grandmother. She was a hip granny. Not a hottie granny, she was very conservative that way. But we never could get her to hang out at the senior center because she didn't want to be around all those "old" people. She loved to play dominos & cards, and if she could have had her dream car, it would have been a red corvette. She was a loving, fun grandmother....but she wasn't "into" the get-your-hands-into-it nitty-gritty of children. She had a nanny help when my mom was born, and then my grandfather pretty much did the rest when the nurse wasn't around I think. Then when my aunt was born 9 years later, well, she had my mom instead of a nanny. So my grandmother wasn't equipped to handle, shall we say, the messy side of childhood.

So, back to the action. Grandmother was standing in front of the mirror getting ready, and I came running in the room shouting "Grandmother! Grandmother! Guess what!" She turned, smiling, to look at me, and I ran right up to her....

and THAT'S when I threw up on my Grandmother.

She just stood there for a second, stunned, then looked down at me and answered: "What? You're sick?"

I'm not sure what happened next. I'm assuming my mom was right behind me, and I would love to be able to remember the look on her face walking in to that scene! But I'm sure knowing Grandmother, whatever happened involved a lot of words like "...disgusting" and "ugh", and a lot of "sorry" from my mother.

And I don't know if I ever told her what I was so darned excited about....

Next time: What's in my closet???

Old 10-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #28
DisneyDadFaNaTic

I'm not sure about closing a thread.......but to edit your title - Go to your very first post in the thread (page 1, post 1) and hit "Edit" at the bottom of the post. It should bring up the title which you can change at this point. It used to make you click "Advanced Edit" before you can change the title so you may look for that if you can't get to your title through the simple "edit" button.

Good luck!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #29
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm not sure about closing a thread.......but to edit your title - Go to your very first post in the thread (page 1, post 1) and hit "Edit" at the bottom of the post. It should bring up the title which you can change at this point. It used to make you click "Advanced Edit" before you can change the title so you may look for that if you can't get to your title through the simple "edit" button.

Good luck!
I'll go try it now! Thanks DisneyDadFaNaTic!

Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM   #30
DisneyDadFaNaTic

You're welcome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: