Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #151
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleypmo View Post
So, guesswhatguesswhatguesswhat?

I was just checkin' out this weeks Allears newsletter, and it has the line up for the Epcot Flower & Garden Festival concert lineup, and guess who's going to be playing while we're there?

The Tokens!
How cool is that??? Can I get a "weeeeeeeeeee-ah-bumbaway"? So what if the only Tokens song I (or anyone else pretty much, for that matter) is "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"--that's like one of the all time best songs ever! I can't wait to sing really loud & dance around and embarrass my children! Of course, it does beg the question: what are they going to sing for the other 54 minutes???

Arlo Guthrie will be there the first night we go for Illuminations--so cool! We'll just miss Starship by a couple of days . But that's just as well--we can't spend every evening in Epcot. And I don't know how thrilled the kids (or DH, for that matter) will be about sitting around listening to music while we could be ridin' the rides, for cryin' in a bucket!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmu View Post
DH and I were on a puppet team in our church youth group a LONG time ago. We did a puppet show to The Lion Sleeps Tonight.I think of that skit every time I here that song. It is a great song.

Went to a Starship concert when they were Jefferson Starship with DH while we were dating. Great memories.

This is good news.
You both are dating yourselves....who am I kidding....I'm older than both of you combined.......
Old 01-17-2008, 05:43 PM   #152
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
DH and I were on a puppet team in our church youth group a LONG time ago. We did a puppet show to The Lion Sleeps Tonight.I think of that skit every time I here that song. It is a great song.

Went to a Starship concert when they were Jefferson Starship with DH while we were dating. Great memories.

This is good news.
I always think of the Tracy Ullman skit, where she starts singing it at the bus stop, and soon everyone starts singing and dancing around, and when the bus comes, you find out that Tracy & a bunch of accomplices were actually pickpockets, and while they were all dancing around, they were stealing everyone's wallets.

I love Starship/Jefferson Starship/Jefferson Airplane. I would love to hear "Jane" performed live. Loved Grace Slick's vocals too, although she was one trippie chick.

The Guess Who will be there in March--now that would be wild, because I could honestly stand there & sing along to practically every word!

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18
DH Me DD16 DS12 DD8 DSDs6 DDDs 5
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2008, 04:04 PM   #153
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
You both are dating yourselves....who am I kidding....I'm older than both of you combined.......
Given our ages, I think that would make Jordan ... 79 years old, wouldn't it Shmu? Gosh, he's really well preserved for his age!

I think I just come off sounding much younger than I am because I'm such a dork! Like I always said, I have the spiritual gift of corn (as in "corn-y"). Mixed blessing, really....

Here am I and the children whom the LORD has given me! We are for signs and for wonders....Isaiah 8:18
Old 01-18-2008, 04:36 PM   #154
jordanyosh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Given our ages, I think that would make Jordan ... 79 years old, wouldn't it Shmu? Gosh, he's really well preserved for his age!

I think I just come off sounding much younger than I am because I'm such a dork! Like I always said, I have the spiritual gift of corn (as in "corn-y"). Mixed blessing, really....

I'll be 46 in February..... I feel 20 in my head...my body says hold up buddy...gotta slow down...no more fries...
Old 01-19-2008, 08:04 PM   #155
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Did it work?

Old 01-19-2008, 08:05 PM   #156
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Did it work?
Evidently not.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #157
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Old 01-19-2008, 08:19 PM   #158
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am resisting the urge to say holy c..p! Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! I posted a pic!

I'm going to try not to get discouraged about the fact that it came out itsybitsy. It's still a pic! And I did it all by myself! And it only took me 3 hours!

In case you're wondering, this was in 2002, when DD12 was DD7, and DS8 was DS3. We were staying at POR, and hung around the hotel all day. We went fishing (and I caught 23 fish, the largest of which was only slightly bigger than that photo...), and then came back and rode the surrey bike. This is one of my favorite pics from the whole trip.

I'll try to post a more recent family pic....next time I have an extra 3 hours...

Last edited by ashleypmo; 01-19-2008 at 08:19 PM. Reason: shpeling
Old 01-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #159
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Old 01-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #160
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Lookatme! I did it again! I'm outta control!

Now, I just need to figure out how to make it big enough so that you can actually see it...

Old 01-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #161
Shmu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Like I always said, I have the spiritual gift of corn (as in "corn-y").
What verse can I find that in.

Pictures.
You Go Girl.
See, we can learn this stuff.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #162
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What verse can I find that in.
What, you mean it's not in Romans? I'm sure it is--right along with the spiritual gift of retort....

Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #163
ashleypmo
DIS Veteran

My internet has been down for a few days. Anytime we have significant cloud cover, we lose the tower.

Finally got DD4 to her 4 year check up (she turned 4 back in October.... my doctor-appointment-challenge-disorder is showing again). She was so excited to be measured to see how tall she is (even though we measure her often & mark it off on the garage wall), and she is officially 41" tall, which means she's tall enough to ride pretty much anything she's brave enough for. Of course, I haven't exactly filled her in on this completely, because then I lose my leverage.

What leverage, you ask? Well, it goes something like this:

"Gee, if you don't eat all your broccoli, I'm worried that you won't be tall enough to go on Goofy's Barnstormer."

"But you have to go to sleep, honey. Your body does all of your growing while you're asleep, so if you don't get enough sleep, you might not be tall enough to go on the Haunted Mansion." (Sshh...she doesn't need to know there's no height req for that one. Leverage).

Old 01-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #164
Shmu
DIS Veteran

Don't lose the leverage.
It's our right as a mother.
Glad you're back on the net.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: