Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2007, 03:32 PM   #61
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Ooh! I thought of another one-Does Eamon like his Vtech camera? Can we look forward to Eamon pics on the next TR?

We stayed at Stovall's Inn (Best Western) when we went to DLR, it was walking distance for the parks-we could see Paradise Pier from our room (and free breakfast-I had cornflakes, but they may have HFCS on it and I don't know it). However, we were adults (well, one recovering from mono) so I don't know about stroller/walking ability.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #62
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the hotel recommendation!

He *loves* his v-tech. It has very simple videogames, and that's his first exposure to those, and he loves those, too. I got the camera with the carrying case, and he wants to take it everywhere. We live just outside of downtown and there are two big decorated trees in the area right now, and on our walk yesterday (with big jogging stroller) he asked me to stop so he could take pictures.

Today we need to upload the pictures to see the quality. We're going to put them on DH's laptop instead of mine, because I'm a bit OCD about keeping pictures in the "proper" order, which to me means absolutely chronologically, and I don't want his pictures to get clumped in. So my laptop has my chronological pix, and Robert's laptop will have E's in whatever order they choose to keep them in. I'm a nut.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2007, 04:14 PM   #63
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hedy, I'm going to post a couple pictures that E took, with my (now lost forever) camera, in my September trip report.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 12-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #64
trodrigue
I finally figured out pictures!
It was rather momentous for me

I totally do that! Will the perfect visit ever happen??
trodrigue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:00 PM   #65
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by trodrigue View Post
I totally do that! Will the perfect visit ever happen??

Thinking about it, gosh, I hope not, because then everything after that would be that much worse!

Or they would add something and you'd have to start over.

Or you'd have to just stop going, and concentrate on other parks, like, ooh, HongKong DL or Tokyo's DisneySea. Hmm, nothing wrong with that!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:41 PM   #66
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Bumbershoot, thanks for all the stroller info. DS was a preemie, and he's still tiny. 16, maybe 17 lbs. at a year? He's proportionally way below the 3rd percentile, so he looks normal...chubby even lol, but he's small, so he shouldn't have a problem fitting in the stroller. DH swore last year that we would never use a stroller at Disneyland when we were there in October, because he thinks it's a pain to have to park them and everything, but we'll see what happens. DH is trying to use both of his vacation weeks to go to Disneyland this year instead of one of them like we had planned. He keeps saying, "...but we already HAVE the AP's!" And "The baby is only free on the plane until he's 2!". It's becoming difficult to argue...

I love the buttons! We got first time visit buttons and a birthday button for the baby last time. He turned 11 months while we were there and I went and asked for a button, and said, "He's 11 months today, does that count?" and the lady at the counter said, "Sure, it's an un-birthday!" Gotta love it. I'll have to have him schmooze up to some cast members so he can get an honorary citizen button this year.

Funny that you should post Eamon in the Ergo (that is an Ergo, right?), I have been going back and forth about getting one! We have a mei-tai (Kozy) but the body of it is so long that DS can't see out very well when he's in it. It's good for nursing discreetly though, which is what I used it for mostly in DL last time. That and naps. Can you nurse in the Ergo? I would guess not, since it doesn't seem to have all that much coverage. Did Eamon sleep in it? I know it has the sleeping hood. DS naps in the Kozy all the time (shhh...no, he does not sleep alone, or even laying down, only snuggled up to mama in the sling!) and it's just easiest for him to nap in the sling on vacation too! I'm so torn about getting one, because it seems like it would be nice not to mess with the straps of the mei-tai and all that, but I feel like I would have to take the Kozy too if I wanted to nurse while walking around, and carrying two slings is a pain. We did it last year and it always took SOO long at security because they thought the second sling was a bag. So I would love to hear your Ergo experiences!

Oh, and since I'm not all the way through your other trip report yet, I thought I would ask you here where the water play areas are in DL? I'm just to the part where Eamon got soaked playing in them! DS wasn't walking last year, but he should be this year, so I think we'll check them out.

Anyway, thanks for all the info!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
lexmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:03 PM   #67
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I'm with your hubby on the continued use of your APs. Though after our only flight with DS as a lapchild, I won't do that again, because I was absolutely exhausted after a relatively short flight. He's a skosh bit squirmy.

And yes, the stroller is an enormous pain in the parks. But going back to the hotel, it can be priceless, especially once your little one gets bigger. And of course the rentals are useless for that! When DS was under 2, though, except for DL, we didn't use them because we didnt' have one.

I never got a Kozy, but I had a mesh-bodied mei tai that we used on our first trip. I also have a hotsling, two mammas milk slings, a podegi, an Indonesian carrier I got from peppermint.com, some big swaths of fabric that I tied like a Moby, a Moby...the last carrier I got was the Ergo, and I got it when he was 2.

Pregnancy did a nasty number on my joints, including my wrists, elbows, and shoulders. So I couldn't get DS on my back on my own for a very long time. Once I could, it was very hard to tie the mei tai for a back carry, or get the Moby style things around me, etc. That's why I switched to an Ergo, even though I really like the more traditional, simple, cloth carriers. I *needed* the buckle sort of closure, because it was just hurting too much to pull and tie and throw things over my shoulders, etc.

And the Ergo works well for that purpose! It supported his weight very well, and the padded straps on my shoulder were miles more comfy than the unpadded straps on my mei tai (mistake, BIG mistake, to get the unpadded straps). The mei tai straps were giving me "hickeys" on the part of my arm/front armpit/front shoulder after having him on my back for too long.

I was only ever to nurse DS in a sling twice. His long body, my short torso, and ample busom combined to make it impossible for us. The first time, he was in the hotsling, at home, and I was topless, lol. The second time was after he was a year old, on a long walk, with him in a front carry in the Moby. So nursing in the Ergo was never something I intended, because I had given up on it long before (sniffle).

The water play areas are in DCA, in bug's land. There are a couple, but the one where he got absolutely drenched is right across from the bathrooms on the way to Flik's Flyers. The others are more sprinkly, they don't seem to have the same soaking ability than the one we was drawn to.

Back to strollers. If you have the Disney Visa, you get, I think, TWO rentals per day. We aren't comfortable getting a new cc just for that, but if you have it, or if it wouldn't do anything bad to your financial stability to get a new card, that might make it more palatable to get a stroller since it would be free!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:20 AM   #68
lexmas
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize we got free rentals with the Disney Visa! Dh got one last year because he wanted the option to do free dining at WDW, which we didn't do, but that's an exciting discovery. Now I don't have to worry about it, and maybe we'll try one out and see if he likes it. He's been in (other people's) stroller maybe twice, but I've always ended up pushing the stroller and carrying him, so why would I want to do that if I can just carry him comfortably? Plus, we stay with relatives, because we're cheap (although, I would like to note that perhaps our vacation would be more fun if we didn't stay with the non-disney loving family) so the walk to the tram from the parks isn't very long.

Sounds like the Ergo won't work the best for us, so I'll just have to stick with my mei-tai. We brought a ring sling and the mei-tai last year, but there's just not all that much walking in DL, so we just carried him from ride to ride. It was more of a pain than it was worth to use the ring sling.

Thanks, somehow I missed where the water play areas were in your other report. I think DS will either be terrified of them or love them. We'll have to see! Either way, it's a good reason to break out the Disney swim trunks!

Thanks again for all the advice!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
lexmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:27 AM   #69
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

You're welcome!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:09 AM   #70
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

thanks for sharing

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite
Disney owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:58 AM   #71
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Got the photopass CD today, even though it wasn't scheduled to get here until the 7th!

My faves, either b/c of the picture itself or the borders I put on it, or whatever.

This is only for the funny border they give you access to with the Mickey pictures just on the other side of the movie room in his house in ToonTown.

Stinkin' cute, and showing the signature.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:09 AM   #72
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I think this is the only picture where this border worked. Even though I'm not "into" Christmas, I grew up hearing Felix Navidad, and I liked the Mickeys.

After the long long line for the Princess Faire, he shows Belle his autograph book.

After much urging, he sits down on her dress (he was fine sitting on the *floor*, but sitting on someone's dress doesn't come naturally to him!).

You can put her signature on the pictures, too.

This border works *perfectly* with her dress.

But really, Belle, he's just not that into you. Sorry.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #73
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

He liked Pocahontas more, or maybe his experience with Belle warmed him up.

He loved Princess Minnie immediately.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #74
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

It's hard enough to get a grownup to point to the right place, let alone a 3 year old, when there's nothing coming out of the ground...

Fun border that only showed up for the Stitch picture.

borders look different horizontal vs vertical, and depending on how big the picture is. This showed almost all of this border.

He adores Pooh.

And Eeyore.

The both look like they are looking at the same, in the distance, thing. Weird!

I think he likes Lightning, too.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #75
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

In September, he showed Captain Jack his cool new sword. This time he showed him his little light saber. Even though Captain Jack looked different this time, he showed the same rapt interest in what Eamon was showing him.

If anyone knows how to get that border OFF of the Captain Jack meet-n-greet pictures, let me know for the future.

But here I had fun overlaying borders:

I didn't think to do that with my September pictures back in September. Even though the pre-used card (saga described, I think, in this thread) did manage to come with all of the September pictures, including the ones I added the Halloweentime borders to, I couldn't get the Halloween borders up onto this batch. So I couldn't go back and do it with the proper-time borders. Oh well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: