Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #31
miztigg
this place for rent or lease please make checks to disney cruise line

love your TR
big red boat 1996,Disney Wonder 11/00 Disney Magic 11/03 Disney Magic 12/06 Disney Wonder 9/08 NCL Dawn 10/09 (1st Wh+++ off shore trip) Carnival Imagination 3/10 (2nd W+++es off shore trip) Disney Wonder 5/10 (no kids just me and hubby )Carnival Elation 1/11 Bday cruise Carnival Inspiration 5/11 (3rd w++res off shore trip) Carnival Pride 7/12
miztigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 09:45 AM   #32
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyluv View Post
Your pictures are all so good. What type of camera do you have?

Thank you!

It's a Canon Powershot S3 with a 12x optical zoom.
It's basically the Canon's top-of the line point & shoot. Its the step below the Canon Rebels-which are fantastic cameras, just pricey (over $600).

We bought this one in March from Best Buy for $395.

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2007, 03:19 PM   #33
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Thanks!! I'm going to check this out!
Old 10-29-2007, 11:34 AM   #34
nokidz
thanks Mickey, now I am an addict!!

great report....
past cruises

Feb 26th 2011 Eastern on the Magic!!! - graphic to come
future cruises
Nov 24th 2012 Western on the Fantasy!!! - graphic to come
nokidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:48 PM   #35
nenner1

Bear with me

Hi everyone...

I'm sorry I haven't got the next installment up yet.
My laptop crashed and I had to take it to Best Buy for repair. They had to send it to Gateway. Hopefully I will have it back in about a week. Til then, please hang tight. I will get something up as soon as I can!

Sorry!!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
Old 10-29-2007, 10:18 PM   #36
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Hi everyone...

I'm sorry I haven't got the next installment up yet.
My laptop crashed and I had to take it to Best Buy for repair. They had to send it to Gateway. Hopefully I will have it back in about a week. Til then, please hang tight. I will get something up as soon as I can!

Sorry!!!!
NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo lol

Hope it gets fixed quick I know whats it like to be without your "lifeline" LOL
Old 10-29-2007, 11:48 PM   #37
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Oh I am very sorry to hear about your computer crashing!! I can relate. I depend on my computer for my job (I work from home) and about two years ago my hard drive crashed! Dell sent me a new one and a really good friend of mine who knows computers in and out basically, recovered all of my files. Recently, about two weeks ago now, I had to have the mother board replaced in my computer, not my laptop but my desktop, the one I actually depend on for work on a day to day basis. I feel your pain. I hope everything works out for you and the can fix it fairly quicky. I was really hoping to see another installment today/tonight, but I do understand!

On the other hand, just hurry up with it though okay? (just kidding there!)
Old 10-30-2007, 06:22 AM   #38
CapnJackGroupie
Mouseketeer

We'll be waiting!!
CapnJackGroupie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #39
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Just wondering if I need to call Gateway and explain to them about our crisis of the "Jen's TR withdrawal syndrome"? Hope everything is working out with your computer.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:41 AM   #40
Milla
Mouseketeer

Hi
Just new in your trip report!!!I loved the first one and can't wait for more about this one!!!!!!
I booked a 4 night cruise for january and your reports are being very useful to make me even more excited about my trip!!! I will even make my own trip report!!!!Can't wait!!!!!
That's it!!!Can't wait for more!!!
Milla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:43 PM   #41
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Thank you!

It's a Canon Powershot S3 with a 12x optical zoom.
It's basically the Canon's top-of the line point & shoot. Its the step below the Canon Rebels-which are fantastic cameras, just pricey (over $600).

We bought this one in March from Best Buy for $395.
[QUOTE=mickeyluv;21500498]Thanks!! I'm going to check this out![/QUOTE

Amazon's got the S3 in the $290 range and the new S5 is about $60 more... I'm going for the S5 - more features I'm told over on the Photog. board and the price isn't too much more...

(my last camera is a 2mp from 7 years ago!!!)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Tink rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #42
nenner1

My mom just got the S5.......I'm jealous! :P

Okay so it has been a week....and....nuthin. No call from Best Buy. I checked my email (which I hadn't seen in a week) and I had 1540 emails awaiting me.......yikes!

I have access to a computer at work but b/c I am so busy during the week I can only get on Saturdays and everyone else needs to use it then too.

I have my old dell.....which I broke the LCD on. About 1/3 of the screen is useable, so I just size my windows to this awful 3 inch wide by six inches long and do what I can with it. Its a lot of scrolling. So I don't even bother with it except to go to online banking and pay my bills....

By mid week If I don't hear from them they'll be hearing from me. So hopefully we can get this show on the road before Thanksgiving!!!!!

Old 11-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #43
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

I really do feel for you because I know what it's like (and I'm sure there are others out there also). Maybe it won't be too much longer! We are setting sail on our 1st cruise on 11/25 so maybe you'll have a new installment before then.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:44 AM   #44
nenner1

Oh gosh, I'd better have the next part up by then.

I'd like to have it completely done by then....the biggest installment is going to be the next two...Atlantis.

I could have been using this downtime to write, however...unfortunately my pics are on the computer and that's how I keep my event timeline straight...by writing around the pictures.

They told me my data is fine and they *should* be able to recover it, but I'm terrified that everything will be gone when I get it back. A couple of days after I took it in there was a big expose article in the paper about CC and BB and how they handle computer repairs...like how one person's personal files ended up on someone else's laptop. etc. So hopefully the pictures will be on the hard drive, and they'll be mine! LOL! (not to worry, I have 35mm pics of Atlantis and CC so it won't stop the TR!)

Let's all keep our fingers crossed.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 AM   #45
mickeyluv
DIS Veteran

Ohhh... that would be terrible if your pictures got lost!! That's kind of like when there's a fire in someone's home. Furniture and material things can be replaced but pictures (memories) can't!! I really hope everything turns out okay!

I'm excited to hear that your next installment will be about Atlantis. We took advantage to the deal on Travelzoo for the $129.00 + fees for a room at Atlantis for our port day in Nassau and we're really excited about that. I hope it will be warm enough to use the slides and get in the pools!

I look forward to reading your next installment!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: