Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #1
Stinasmom
DIS Veteran

Podcast discussion ideas....

Hi!
Couldn't find the "what do you want to hear on the Podcast" thread, so I'll just post up here....

First, What happened to Disney Mobile?????

Being the loyal Disney fan, we are Charter members of Disney Visa, VIP members of Disney Movie club, Castaway Cay club, etc.
So, when we were looking for new Cellular service we were lured in by all the Family monitoring and family locator services of Disney Mobile. We signed up right away (July of 2006). And now they are ceasing services as of December 2007??

Besides a lack of interest (why?), any ideas as to what happened here? Does anyone know of a plan with similar "family" services?

and my second topic I would love to hear discussed is the contest announced on GMA to stay a night (just the family) on Castaway Cay! I also heard that an night on CC is also a possible Year of a Million Dreams prize.
At first this sounds AWESOME! To have the island to yourselves!!! But are there downsides? Didn't Julie say something about the bugs being really bad at night?

Well, hope there are others (including the podcast team?) That know more on these topics or want to discuss!

Marcy
DCL Western&WDW,SW,DC 12/2008
San Diego, Legoland and Disneyland 3/2008
Jazzercise Conv. at CSR at WDW 4/2007
DCL 4-night Wonder & US/IOA/Sea World 12/2006
DCL Magic Mex Riv. 6/2005 & DL/DCA
DL & DCA 5/2004, 5/2007
WDW 1994, 1995,1998, 1999, 2001 2002
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]
Stinasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
Woodcourt
Mouseketeer

DH submitted the suggestion to hear from parents of small children...like us We have done disney with and without kids and its a completely different experience.

We love the podcast. Its so much fun! Every week, makes me want to move to Orlando and be closer to the Magic!
Woodcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
thepwa
Oh, I've got my ears, I just don't wear them at the poker table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinasmom View Post

First, What happened to Disney Mobile?????

So, when we were looking for new Cellular service we were lured in by all the Family monitoring and family locator services of Disney Mobile. We signed up right away (July of 2006). And now they are ceasing services as of December 2007??

Besides a lack of interest (why?), any ideas as to what happened here? Does anyone know of a plan with similar "family" services?

Sprint Family Locator plan is able to track some Sprint models by using either a "parent" model of compatible cell phone or your computer.

Off Site - 98,All Star Sports - 99, Carribean - 2000,Carribean - 2001,All Star Movies - 2002,Carribean - 2003, Port Orleans Riverside - 2004,French Q/Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2005,Boardwalk Inn - 2006,Beach Club - 2007,Beach Club - Aug 2008, Beach Club - July/Aug 2009, Marriott Grande Vista, Aug 2011.
thepwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: