Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Technical Support > Technical Support
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #1
WebmasterCricket
Administrator
I'm what Willis was talkin' about

DISboards Administrator

-*~_~*- Signature assistance -*~_~*-

I am here to assist anyone who requires help in redesigning their signature to meet the new guidelines. Most of the settings are automatic however some image layout issues are bound to occur and that's why this thread is here. I do not offer fabric choices or paint color samples.

The sky is still intact and if it does begin to fall, I believe the U.S. Air Force would be a more appropriate contact point.

Go ahead, post your signature and ask away!

The book of Alex, Chapter 4:3-32
“…and lo, for thou hath been handed down a 23rd set of signature guidelines” sayith Mr. Mandelbaum, “It hath been determined to be go time!”

So I’m sure many of you who are taking the time to read this are either:
A) Wondering how these new guidelines will tear up your signature like a new mulching mower
B) Wondering how you can take advantage of the new guidelines to create a signature the likes of which the modern art community has never seen
C) Really, really bored and you need serious professional help

Well have no fear young Skywalker your signature is in good hands. The new guidelines are quite simple and for the most part, automatic. Very seldom will you actually need help in determining what is and what is not allowed since the limiting “box” will do most of the work for you. If you follow standard posting guidelines and don’t post an individual picture that is over 600 pixels wide, you are 99% of the way there.

The layout of your signature is going to be affected by a few things.
1) The height of the limiting “box” which is 250 pixels high no matter what you place in your signature.
2) “Breaks” which are essentially where the lines of text or images go down to the next line in the signature layout. Some “breaks” are based on the page width of the computer you are using to view the signature (automatic) and some are coded by you (forced).
3) Image sizing
4) Text layout
5) Humidity
6) Umm.., other stuff too

To take advantage of all the space you have been given, you can think of the “box” as a rectangle that is 600 pixels wide (larger than that in reality) and 250 pixels high. If you are not sure how large that is, here you go:

This image is the largest single image that you can display in a signature. It takes up the maximum width for a single image and the maximum height that will display in the “box”. Any single image that is taller than this will be clipped off at the bottom of the image at the 250 pixel point and any single image larger in width than this image will force “scrolling” for some users which is against the guidelines.

Many signatures are comprised of multiple stacked images. These images placed one above the other would clearly get clipped off at the 250 pixel point vertically. However, if these images were placed side by side, they can fit in the “box” easily.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Great!

I've done extensive pruning (thought I was ok before - uh-oh )...

am I legit or does the rat (semipro team DS coaches) have to go? rats always jump overboard on a sinking ship lol.

hate to lose the banana bit, it was added by tag fairy to siggie line? does that mean it doesn't count -ha!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2007, 09:32 AM   #3
WebmasterCricket
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
Great!

I've done extensive pruning (thought I was ok before - uh-oh )...

am I legit or does the rat (semipro team DS coaches) have to go? rats always jump overboard on a sinking ship lol.

hate to lose the banana bit, it was added by tag fairy to siggie line? does that mean it doesn't count -ha!
Edited- It looks like the bottom text line might get clipped off. If the rat was shorter by a little bit it might all fit ok.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 AM   #4
aplejax76
Mouseketeer
I have to think of something witty to say.....Think.... think...think. UGGG. I have nothing.

I received a warning about my signature a while ago. I think it is to tall.

I tried to get it smaller but kept taking the heads off my picture.
I have NO idea how to just smoosh it. If you can help that would be great.
aplejax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:09 AM   #5
WebmasterCricket
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aplejax76 View Post
I received a warning about my signature a while ago. I think it is to tall.

I tried to get it smaller but kept taking the heads off my picture.
I have NO idea how to just smoosh it. If you can help that would be great.
Since it's width is well within the guidelines, as it sits, the feet will be cut off the child at the bottom. If you want the photo resized so the entire thing fits you can place a requst post on it's own and I'm sure someone will come along and do that for you.

You do not NEED to do this since the height limitation will be automatic. You can wait for the guidelines to go into effect and see what I'm talking about or just place the request now. It's up to you.
WebmasterCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:55 AM   #6
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterCricket View Post
Edited- It looks like the bottom text line might get clipped off. If the rat was shorter by a little bit it might all fit ok.
thanks, i shall post to see if a smart person will attempt to resize said River Rat

Old 10-15-2007, 02:44 PM   #7
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

OK, I reduced...

Knocked down my point sizes as small as possible - how do I look?

2015: AKV Mar ~ 2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
WebmasterCricket
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin' tigger View Post
Knocked down my point sizes as small as possible - how do I look?
The bottom of the ticker will get clipped off. If you put your name next to the ticker, you should be good to go! The layout is of course up to you.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM   #9
travelin' tigger

I've finally met Tigger and I'm doin' the "Super Duper Alley Ooper Loop-de-Looper Bounce"!

Just call me "no name"

Quote:
The bottom of the ticker will get clipped off. If you put your name next to the ticker, you should be good to go! The layout is of course up to you.
Couldn't get it to sit next to the ticker so had to delete it. Oh, well - names aren't THAT important!

2015: AKV Mar ~ 2014: BWV Mar • GFV/BLT Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2013: BWV Mar • BWV Jul • OKW Nov ~ 2012: BWV Feb • BCV Aug • OKW Nov ~ 2011: OKW May • AKV Jan ~ 2010: OKW Nov • HR/BCV Aug • ASMu/BCV May • AKV Jan ~ 2009: BWV Dec • OKW Oct • ASMu Sep • Pop July • BWV May • Pop Feb ~ 2008: OKW Nov • BCV Aug • BWV Jun/Jul • BWV Mar ~ 2007: BWV Dec • ASSp/BWV Nov • ASSp/BWV Sep • ASMu May•BWV Mar ~ 2006: BWV Dec • Dolphin Sep/BWV Oct • ASMu Aug • Pop/BCV May • Dolphin/BWV Jan ~ 2005: Swan/HR/OKW Dec • ASMo Sep/BWV Oct • Pop Feb ~ 2004: Swan/RPR Dec • Pop/WL Oct • Safari May • Pop Jan ~ 2003: Dolphin/RPR Nov/Dec • CSR Jun • CBR Jan ~ 2002: POFQ/ASMu Dec • ASSp Jun • ASMu Feb ~ 2001: ASMu Nov

travelin' tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #10
WebmasterCricket
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

I can help you add your name there if you want.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #11
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Can you please help to resize my picture to the maximum allowed size. Thanks

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #12
WebmasterCricket
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOM POPPINS View Post
Can you please help to resize my picture to the maximum allowed size. Thanks
While the photos at the top and the SSR graphic are currently within the box, all of the text will be clipped at the bottom. The 2 images together take up nearly all of the allotted space by themselves. Something has to go no matter what sort of resizing happens. What you can do is wait until the change goes into effect and play with your signature within the box. there are ways of splitting up the top image and adding part of them to the right or left of the SSR graphic. That will give you a gap to use for text or smilies or whatever.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #13
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

I'm back, with my smaller Rat

think i'm good to go now...yes, i did trace the above template!

2 Questions
#1 will the dancing 'nanner trip me up? I've gotten a friendly warning in the past when I added one of the pass-around/tag-you're-it dancing icons (i.e. current you've been boo'd)

#2 will the news system automatically override any attempts to add items over the permissable data? (a good thing/fail safe it would be imo...not that i know squat about techie stuff ).

Old 10-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #14
MOM POPPINS
I keep getting SOUVENIRS (wink) when I go to WDW!

Quote:
While the photos at the top and the SSR graphic are currently within the box, all of the text will be clipped at the bottom. The 2 images together take up nearly all of the allotted space by themselves. Something has to go no matter what sort of resizing happens. What you can do is wait until the change goes into effect and play with your signature within the box. there are ways of splitting up the top image and adding part of them to the right or left of the SSR graphic. That will give you a gap to use for text or smilies or whatever.

I put the graphics side to side now... I believe they are now 800 pixels long so I will need to adjust. Can you tell me how many pixels tall I have currently so I can adjust. At what point would I be cut off on the bottom.

When do the new guidelines take effect?

Does the "whole" signature now have to fit in the 260 X 600? including text graphics etc.

thanks..

Me DH DD24 DD19 DD16 DD13 DS11
2000 Dixie Landing HIFS '01 Contemporary/Dolphin 2 Trips '02 Dolphin '03 Dolphin '04 BWV/WLV '05 BWV/BCV 2 Trips '06 BWV/Dolphin/Saratoga/OKW 3 Trips '07 BWV/SSR 2 trips '08 BWV May/November '09 BWV March/May/Nov 10 20th. POR AKL Villa's May 11BWV September 11 BWV January 12 AKL Villa's May 12 SSR December 12 May 13 AKL BC Sept 13AKL March 14 OKW June 14Bay Lake AKL and Boardwalk December 14

MOM POPPINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 07:28 PM   #15
Pixeldust Fairy
DIS Veteran

Does my signature meet the guidelines, and does it allow for any extras?

Take what you can, Give nothing back!
Pixeldust Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: