Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
hortnut
Earning My Ears

Digital Photo Frame... anyone have one?

My hubby bought me an INSIGNIA Digital Photo Frame for my birthday. I have absolutely no experience or knowledge with these. Does anyone have this kind and have comments or would you suggest another brand? Thanks for any help.
Also, where do you display yours?
Lynn
hortnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 10:19 AM   #2
AndrewWG

DIS Veteran

I've been looking to get a good one of these lately for my in-laws. I can't wait to see the responses for this. I have very little experience with these other than one I bought my parents last Christmas. It was nice, though kind of smallish. I am hoping to get a bigger one for the in-laws as the prices have come down quite a bit. I would like to get one that is battery powered that could be hung on a wall, but I don't know if that is stretching my expectations a bit. I imagine that it would eat through batteries quickly. I don't like having a cord coming out of them. It seemed to make my parents one a bit unstable when displayed standing up. I did like that it was just an SD card that I put the photos on though. That was nice.

My Photo of the Day Blog

Sadly, the Fantasy Thanksgiving cruise is now over. What a great time! Check out the slideshow here: My DCL Fantasy Cruise Slideshow
AndrewWG is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #3
mikamah
DIS Veteran

I also just got the insignia frame as a gift, and used it the first time the other night. I'm not terribly computer literate, but was able to upload pics of my nephews football games and displayed them because we all met here before one of his games. I have a wild 5 year old, so don't think I will leave it out all the time. Plus, when it was off, I didn't like having a blank frame displayed. I had it on a little table in my living room near a plug, so you couldn't see the plug at all. I have never seen any other frames, so have nothing to compare it to, but the pictures do look a little grainy on the frame, and the color is definitely not as vivid at on my computer.
I think it will be fun. I figured I'd do the football pics for thanksgiving, and then for Christmas, will upload pics from christmas's past.
Have fun with yours.

FEB 2014-Princesspalooza!!! Can not wait!!!
Feb 2011-Princess half marathon trip!!!
Aug 2010-michael's surprise trip!!!
Nov '09-Pop w/Jim,Beth & Taylor!!!
Jan '09 Pop-just Michael and Mom
April '08- Pop-w/ Jane + Jessa
Dec 06- ASMusic-Michael's 1st time/5th B-day/Xmas trip w/ cousin Taylor etc.
May 2000- ecpot during work conference
April 1996-ASSp-family trip
Oct 1991- CBR-my first trip
mikamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:35 AM   #4
DBL101
DIS Veteran

Saw an ad the other day for a little one. It was 1-2 inches square and attached to a key ring. The electronic way to carry around your photos.
DBL101 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: