Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2007, 02:46 AM   #31
Phelpsie70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by been2marceline View Post
DITTO!!

Looking forward to seeing you in them!

Karen, wife of been2marceline
I'm with everyone else, definitely the red/black. See you in less than a week!

Michele
Phelpsie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 07:26 AM   #32
buf68
Mouseketeer

So i was thinking through everything, and I really think I've already started to overpack myself! lol

I realized that I have two pretty tank tops that I would probably wear out on a normal day, but then i can ALSO wear them to dinner! lol Tank tops are ok right? Specifically they have pretty beading/lace on the top and bottom that make them stand out. I'd probably end up wearing them with a nice jean skirt, or with my handkerchief skirt, depends on the mood. Maybe I should have DH take some pictures of me in them to show off This way I can pack fewer tshirts I already have in my head what DH will need, it's just a matter of packing him up and getting him to cooperate. I need him to help me decide shirts he wants to wear with his shorts. I DID get him to answer that his swim trunks will probably be worn every day and that I don't need to worry about packing other shorts He has a tendancy to wear them anyways as everyday shorts, so that makes me happy

The sad thing is that due to the weather he and i both have a tingle in our throats....but i think i'm going to go get some vitamin C candy and make us both wolf it down to boost our immune system. It could just be that we both drank a little last night, sometimes that makes us both feel this way
buf68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #33
Lauri
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say that I'm enjoying your pre-cruise report. You said on our cruise thread that we're not stopping by to visit, so I just wanted to let you know that we are here. Look forward to seeing you with your HAPPY family in 6 days.

Lauri
Lauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:50 PM   #34
buf68
Mouseketeer

lol thanks lauri. I knew some people were around, but wanted to post our picture for those that didn't stop by and say hi :P
Old 11-07-2007, 04:10 PM   #35
buf68
Mouseketeer

HEY! only a few days to go! I'm so excited. We are just days away now. I still need to pack like a bagillion things, but my proposal is done and I just have to edit it a little. I still have class tomorrow, but that's super easy. I'm so excited!

Ok, so the other day at this hallmark store I saw this webkins animal that looked EXACTLY like my puppy. I told DH and he bought it for me! He just gave it to me today. I'm so excited. She's goign to travel with us ont he cruise and we'll be sure to take some pictures of baby gracie on the trip here she is with her big sister and mommy:

and here she is on our desk so you can see her better:

aren't they adorable?!

Only 38 hours and we'll be on our flight to Florida!
Old 11-08-2007, 03:07 PM   #36
LAMPSKIES
DIS Veteran
Every once in a while, if you're good, you will have a change happen
I track TF's on CC! (Psst...a good place to start is the bar!)

Going to be following the trip report.....the eastern prior to ours!!

Jessica,
Alli (DDs)

07 11/24 Eastern.....Finally, ready or not here we come.....The Ron Jovies are back!

Nov. 19, 2005 second annual "Turkey day sailing". Ready or not here we come!!!

Thanksgiving 2004 First "Official Turkeyday sailing"!

Feb. 2000 our first land and sea vacation

Nov. 2002 Cancelled Eastern

Nov. 2002 Replacement Land, Sea, Land of cancelled 11/29 Magic

Nov. 27, 2003 Land and 7 night Eastern.....finally

November 20, 2004 Western.......
LAMPSKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:24 AM   #37
LAMPSKIES
DIS Veteran

O.K.....now you all at port....how bout that trip report!!!!

Jessica,
Alli (DDs)

07 11/24 Eastern.....Finally, ready or not here we come.....The Ron Jovies are back!

Old 11-12-2007, 04:02 PM   #38
LAMPSKIES
DIS Veteran

Wheres the report??

Jessica,
Alli (DDs)

Old 11-18-2007, 01:39 PM   #39
buf68
Mouseketeer

sadly i had like NO internet access on the ship (it cost far too much!) We just got in really late last night so i'm going to start pulling stuff off my camera and putting things together to start writing. Sorry I couldn't get on here to start it during the cruise lamp!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #40
frdeb1999
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear how the trip went!!
frdeb1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #41
buf68
Mouseketeer

Overall Impressions/Comments

Ok, I guess we can get started. As this was my whole family's first cruise, we were totally fresh. We had high expectations (mostly from the Disboards) and they were either met or exceeded.

I thought I might start this out with our mini reviews of some things:

First, the food/waiters. AMAZING. We had the #1 rated duo on the ship (Subhash from India and Gi Gi from the Phillipenes. They were amazing. they did everything they possibly could to make sure we were happy. We actually got to talk to them quite a bit and found out that Subhash has been working with disney cruise for 9 years and Gi Gi for 5. Subhash only has till january and then he's going to finish his MBA and retire from DCL That will be a great loss to the company as he is just amazing. Gi Gi is on her vacation now and headed home the same day we did to be with her 4 year old son. She was an amazing assistant waitress and she will be back after her vacation I believe.

Staterooms: Though smaller than a hotel room, they were actually quite nice. We loved the dividing curtains (though they didn't quite close ALL the way). The TV was nice, but a bit small. The split bathrooms were quite nice to have, and thank god for the disboards b/c the over the door shoe holder was a godsend! Our stateroom Hostess was Sara from Thailand, and she was very nice too (and a little talkative ).

Kids programs: my sister loved them, and in fact, was with them a majority of the time on the ship. She was really sad to leave.

Vista Spa: I couldn't say more good things about them, and later in the trip report you will know why.

Cruise Staff: Fun and hilarious. Trent and DJ Mike were the ones we interacted with the most, but everyone of them were just amazing, i don't know how they keep going like that day after day.

Ports: St. Marteen ~ a little dingy
St. Thomas ~ Gorgeous, really beautiful
Castaway Cay ~ better than all the rest. It was simply amazing to be there. The only issue we had was that 1)serenity bay (the adult beach) wasn't very serene, it was very windy and shelly. and 2) a few people were smoking right on the family beach and it ruined the beauty of the moment a few times.

Anyways, those are just quick overviews. I plan on writing Part 1: Day 1 at CBR later tonight (yes i know, not on the ship yet, but we'll get to it )...but first i need to upload some pictures to photobucket.

Last edited by buf68; 11-18-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #42
buf68
Mouseketeer

Part 1: And we're off....to florida

To recap:

The players: Me ~ 23 years old disney fan
DH ~ 24 year old QT and new disney fan
Dmom ~45 years old (birthday on debarktion day)
Dsis ~ 11 year old tomboy
Baby Gracie (BG) ~ 14 month old puppy...with us in webkins form

Like I've said before, this was our first cruise and was a much needed getaway after losing our father six months ago. Oh, and I love pictures, so this report will probably be picture heavy...sorry

Ok now that that's out of the way, lets get on with the story....and how do those stories start again?....oh yeah...

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away....called michigan. We woke up the friday before our cruise at 4 am!!! Our flight was out of a small town airport at 7, so we had to be out the door by 5. We had a taxi van take us to the airport, which was really nice. Thank God it was a smaller airport, because that meant NO lines at security and plenty of seating to wait for our plane. Even baby gracie was excited:

Can you tell?

We saw our small plane pull up (not tiny, but smaller than some that i've been on) and got really excited.

It was a nice quiet flight. DH was excited b/c the plane had XM sattelite radio, and baby gracie was excited about getting free pop on her first flight ever!

We landed at about 9:30 or 10 (it was hard to remember). After taking that lovely monorail ride at MCO, we headed downstairs to the Magical Express. We had planned to stay at the CBR the night before and taking disney transportation to DCL the next morning. Sadly that was not MY plan (i would have preferred to be immediately transferred down there and stay at a hotel near the cruise so we could be on early, and that is what i will try to stress for our next trip if/when we can afford it).

The ride was uneventful, but as soon as I saw the sign, I felt at ease and at home:

Once we got to the CBR, of course it was early so our room was far from ready. Dsis wanted to swim, but I suggested DTD instead since it was near lunchtime and I was starving. We ended up going to Mcdonalds in DTD, then playing in the lego store (they were seriously building an 8ft tall lego R2D2, but it was just started). I totally forgot about my camera the whole time we were down there it was traumatic. They also had a festival going on where people were doing chalk art on the sidewalk and it was gorgeous! I seriously didn't know someone could do that with chalk. DH also went shopping and found a hat he ALMOST bought...
but instead he bought me a mickey visor that I wore the rest of the trip.

We went back to CBR and our room still wasn't ready. Dmom and Dsis forgot to pack a bathing suit in their carryons, but i didn't! So Dh and I went swimming in the main CBR pool:

After swimming for awhile, we called and our room was finally ready. Dmom didn't like CBR very much, mostly because our room was kinda smelly and humid! The outside wasn't humid at all so it was really odd. Here's some pictures of our room for those that haven't stayed there:

OH! and our first towel animal.....which baby gracie HAD to get a picture with:

The rest of the night was pretty uneventful. We got our luggage, and then DH and I changed. We went back to DTD and had earl of sandwich for dinner (totally worth the price!) and then headed over to walk around at the poly. We had planned to watch the fireworks from over there, but it was really quite cold and DH and I were tired, so we went back to the hotel and went to bed. Like I said, not totally eventful in ANY way. The rest will be better

Coming Up Next: Day 2 ~ We're off to port canaveral and setting sail!
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #43
nkkilala
DIS Veteran

Great start to your trip report!!!

Was that the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek airport you left from??? If so it is literally 1.3 miles from my house! You would have flown right over it...... IF it was AZO!!

I can't wait to hear more!! DH and I are heading for our first DCL trip on Feb 14!
Old 11-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #44
buf68
Mouseketeer

we actually flew out of Flint.

It's normal for us to drive all the way to detroit, but thankfully flint is about 1/2 the distance, cheaper, and WAY less crowded (like seriously, when we got in last night there was one other flight and like no one in the airport).

It would be a bit further of a drive to head over to Kzoo

I'm glad you like it so far. I need to upload photos from Day 2 to get them on here and that takes some time. I see you got married in WDW...i would have loved to do that, but it was so expensive! We did get our honeymoon there though (that trip report is linked in my siggy).

You'll have a lot of fun on DCL, we had a great time. And from what i heard from people who were on carnival that week, i would only do DCL for cruising unless it were free
Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #45
luv2boys
DVC Boardwalk Villas

subscribing
luv2boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: