Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2007, 01:56 AM   #16
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by buf68 View Post

Yeah, DH needed to be reminded that we would just have to see them when we sleep and maybe at dinner time . . .
If it's less stressful, another dinner option is to dine at Topsiders.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:36 AM   #17
buf68
Mouseketeer

That may be an option after the first three nights ( i want to experience all three restaurants)....

Or I wonder if we are really annoyed if we can ask to be sat separately? who knows...
buf68 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #18
buf68
Mouseketeer

So, about 12 days to go! I'm getting excited. I don't have a thing packed, I should start that this week. I'm so happy, Pam from the Design board made some amazing designs for us Check 'em out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patnl34 View Post
Hiya

Here are your requested designs

Old 10-29-2007, 11:47 AM   #19
Phelpsie70
Mouseketeer

Subscribing

Hey Buf, subscribing to your report. I highly doubt I will manage to write one myself, so I'll have to live vicariously through you. Can't wait to meet you on our cruise!

Michele
Phelpsie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 PM   #20
buf68
Mouseketeer

Thanks Phelpsie

Sadly I'm still having some issues with DH. He keeps saying he's "not going" on the cruise b/c of the issues with DMom....but I keep telling him he's going ....if only to take care of me. He was scared to go in the first place b/c he's afraid of getting sea sick, so I think he's just using the arguments as an excuse. I'm just going to keep planning like he's going and pack and everything and just wake him up to go and force him into the car and onto the plane Unless anyone else has a better idea lol.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM   #21
Phelpsie70
Mouseketeer

checking in

Hey Buf,

You haven't posted in a while, I just wanted to check in to see if everything was okay. Hope all is well. 8 Days left!!

Michele
Old 11-01-2007, 11:19 AM   #22
buf68
Mouseketeer

Hey Phelpsie,
Things are going ok i guess....kinda having some difficulty. DH still doesn't want to go, we've been arguing a lot about it. I still feel like he'll give in, so i'm just going to pack like we are going. It's just so hard because there are a lot of family issues (that i can't really go into on here). I'm planning on tonight sitting down with him and showing him what i have planned and getting his input. We might change from doing the trunk bay excursion and just use that money for spa treatments DH wants a head/neck massage of some sort, i was suggesting the fragapani scalp treatment to him in order to save cash I was hoping maybe Dmom will surprise us with a massage or something, but right now i'm concentrating on getting DH to go, even if he doesn't want to. His exact reasons: 1)Dmom, 2)seasickness and 3)money, even though we don't have to pay for any of it now. 2 is taken care of by bonine, but he doesn't believe it will work *sigh* and i'm not sure how to get him over 1, but i'm trying.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:29 PM   #23
LAMPSKIES
DIS Veteran
Every once in a while, if you're good, you will have a change happen
I track TF's on CC! (Psst...a good place to start is the bar!)

Quote:
Hey Phelpsie,
Things are going ok i guess....kinda having some difficulty. DH still doesn't want to go, we've been arguing a lot about it. I still feel like he'll give in, so i'm just going to pack like we are going. It's just so hard because there are a lot of family issues (that i can't really go into on here). I'm planning on tonight sitting down with him and showing him what i have planned and getting his input. We might change from doing the trunk bay excursion and just use that money for spa treatments DH wants a head/neck massage of some sort, i was suggesting the fragapani scalp treatment to him in order to save cash I was hoping maybe Dmom will surprise us with a massage or something, but right now i'm concentrating on getting DH to go, even if he doesn't want to. His exact reasons: 1)Dmom, 2)seasickness and 3)money, even though we don't have to pay for any of it now. 2 is taken care of by bonine, but he doesn't believe it will work *sigh* and i'm not sure how to get him over 1, but i'm trying.
Once he is on the ship all will be forgotten!!

Plus you ARE the Eastern sailing prior to ours....sooooooooo we expect a detailed report!!!

Jessica,
Alli (DDs)

07 11/24 Eastern.....Finally, ready or not here we come.....The Ron Jovies are back!

Nov. 19, 2005 second annual "Turkey day sailing". Ready or not here we come!!!

Thanksgiving 2004 First "Official Turkeyday sailing"!

Feb. 2000 our first land and sea vacation

Nov. 2002 Cancelled Eastern

Nov. 2002 Replacement Land, Sea, Land of cancelled 11/29 Magic

Nov. 27, 2003 Land and 7 night Eastern.....finally

November 20, 2004 Western.......
LAMPSKIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #24
Phelpsie70
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hey Phelpsie,

Buf, sorry to hear its been so tough for you the past week. I hope that your talk last night made your DH feel better. As to the seasickness, does he get carsick? I did a trial run with the bonine on a longer car trip and it really did work. You could have him do a trial run in the car to see if it works for him. Just make sure that he takes it according to the directions - I think you have to take it an hour before you travel. As for your Dmom, you don't have to spend much time with her - remind him that he has friends on board besides you - all of us disers!

I don't have any other advice, but I hope that it all works out. Keep me posted.

Michele
Old 11-02-2007, 01:22 PM   #25
dduffin
Earning My Ears

Hope all is going well. I'm sure once you are onboard things will "magically" work out. Remember, family is important and after all your family has gone through this year, I think it is important for all of you to pull together. I'm sure much of the difficulty has to do with your loss. Try to relax and enjoy the time and also make it special for your little sis, she is awful young to have had such a loss.

Here's hoping everything works out and you all have a great time.
dduffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:01 AM   #26
buf68
Mouseketeer

thanks for the support guys. DH decided to not wait for me and head up to his mom's last night for a visit with his sister and her bf....so now he knows what it's like to spend a night without me, he'll refuse to spend a week! lol

I need help!!! I'm packing and doing laundry and packing some more, but i'm not sure which outfit would be better for formal night:
One:

OR

Two:

PLEASE i need opinions like 2 days ago lol
Old 11-03-2007, 11:24 AM   #27
tidoublegger
Crazy People Don't Know They're Crazy
"Fruit Salad" is not a question on your maternity school nursing exam

I'd go with the black skirt outfit for formal night and the other for semi formal night!
tidoublegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:37 PM   #28
ybells
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidoublegger View Post
I'd go with the black skirt outfit for formal night and the other for semi formal night!
I like the black & red for formal night also! We are cruising with you all on 11/10 too! I've read about the difficulties you are having, and once you get on the boat I am sure all will be fine. I understand about the familt stuff. My mom passed away 2 years ago and it changed the whole family dynamic. As much as you want to all pull together, sometimes you end up pulling away. But, I am happy to say that after 2 years , things are starting to turn around. So, maybe this cruise will be a turning point for you all.

Only 6 more days! See you on the Magic!

Me (34) DH (34)
DD (7) DS (3) DS (5 months)
ybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 05:01 PM   #29
buf68
Mouseketeer

I'm pretty sure now that i'm going to wear the black and red for formal. My semi-formal I already have planned. It's a brown crunchy skirt (aka you can fold it and the more wrinkled it is the better it looks) with a cream shirt with a little knit brown shrug over it that ties with brown ribbon it's really pretty.

DH is bribing me. He's saying if i do this or that for him then he MIGHT go. He's going, even if i have to clunk him over the head and drag him onto that plane! lol

I've got most of our laundry done, so now i just have to figure out what to pack for HIM (he's very stubborn and won't tell me what he wants to wear with what grr!)

I talked to Dmom today, and depending on how the talk with Dsis goes we may just hang around the day we get to MCO. We WERE going to MK, but I told her i'd rather eat at o'hanas and watch the fireworks from the poly (something we've never done before).

I'm watchin the UM vs. MSU game and praying that we can make up 10 points in 7.5 mins, but our lead rusher AND starting QB are hurtin. The QB is limping really badly right now, so it may be up to a freshman to win the game for us *sigh*...7.5 mins to go (i'm a UM alumnus, so i'm praying)

Oh man, freshie is in, fumbles, and our leading rusher was back in so he picked it up and got a 1st down....yay!
Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 AM   #30
been2marceline
Fish are Food, not Friends!

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidoublegger View Post
DITTO!!

Looking forward to seeing you in them!

Karen, wife of been2marceline
DIS Cruising, Been There, Done That: - 77 Day Eastern - Fantasy Jan '14, Wonder - Nov. '11 MR, 14 Day Magic - Eastern Repo LA - PC Aug. '05 ,7 Day Magic - Western,7 Day Eastern Nov. '07, 4 Day Wonder - What - another one? Thieves Reunion 10/4/14, now it's chronic... 10/15 EBPC!!!

DW DH DD19
been2marceline is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: